• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binabik15

Can someone give me a rundown on killstreaks/ combat efficiency and nemesis status? How many kills etc.

That was all much better explained in BC2.

Not that I'll get that CE ribbon a lot, I take stupid risks to help my team all the time and die a lot.

Drewsky said:
Yeah, I don't know why but it seems like people were way better at it in BC2. Now people just don't throw shit down.

Its pretty much identical system. But really don't think there is anything anyone can do to improve people giving you ammo/health outside of making them auto dispense when you ask for it using the q button.

Varna

Jason Raize '75 - '04 said:
Yeah that system needs to be improved - there must be a better way to communicate to nonsquad mates on when you need supplies/health.

Don't understand why they changed it from BC2... you see someone who can hand out ammo. Point at them and press Q. Seemed to work in that game.

BattleMonkey said:
Its pretty much identical system. But really don't think there is anything anyone can do to improve people giving you ammo/health outside of making them auto dispense when you ask for it using the q button.

No. It's not identical. in BC2 you could keep pestering them for ammo/health with the Q button. In BF3 it seems you need to be running low on you main weapon/low on health to even be able to ask for anything. Also I don't know if it's just a problem with my sound system but I can barely hear soldiers voices.

Wthermans

Banned
noire said:
MAV on TDM is awesome. Zero kills, 4th highest score on my team, 5 surveillance ribbons.
Can you manually spot people with the MAV or just with the proximity scanner? I've been hitting Q like crazy and it never seems to register anything.

Drewsky

BattleMonkey said:
I know it's pretty much the same, but it seems like people aren't as good about giving out their supplies. I waited to play BC2 until a long time after it launched though, so it could be that when I was playing that I was playing with almost all people who knew pretty well what they were doing. With this one, I'm jumping in at launch and there are a lot of dumbies still playing. That's my hypothesis anyway.

Razorwind

Hmmm, a very noob question...

How do I get better at MP for this game? Currently don't know my way around the maps, so I just drop med packs to everyone who needs it, and try to see where the enemy might come from.

Otherwise i just try to walk to objectives sometimes alone...though that really usually ends up me dying to some campers...

Obviously I should do more spawn on team, and stick around to cover corners and field of fire. Really straining to spot enemies though...Much more difficult compared to TF2 I guess.

Anything I can do to stop being so low on the score charts? What are the basics to dos?

Cobra84

rance said:
Support is the least played class, according to the poll on the battlelog site. People don't know what fun is. :/
I think the poll is older than the game. People's pre-release thoughts didn't match up with the actually gameplay thanks to rockets and M249+IR+extended mags. Engineer+support Poll 46%, in game - 75%. Assault poll 36%, in game - 10%

Varna

Razorwind said:

How do I get better at MP for this game? Currently don't know my way around the maps, so I just drop med packs to everyone who needs it, and try to see where the enemy might come from.

Otherwise i just try to walk to objectives sometimes alone...though that really usually ends up me dying to some campers...

Obviously I should do more spawn on team, and stick around to cover corners and field of fire. Really straining to spot enemies though...Much more difficult compared to TF2 I guess.

Anything I can do to stop being so low on the score charts? What are the basics to dos?

Medic is the easiest class to gain points with. Just spawn with your squad and heal/revive people.

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Wthermans said:
Can you manually spot people with the MAV or just with the proximity scanner? I've been hitting Q like crazy and it never seems to register anything.
Both, but there are times where spotting seems to stop responding for me (PS3)

Orlandu84

rance said:
Support is the least played class, according to the poll on the battlelog site. People don't know what fun is. :/
I fell in love with support due to the M249, C4, and ammo packs. I just love it when a main battle tank passes by a building that I am hiding in. A little bit of patience and stealth is all I need to rid the world of one more tank! Such a great class:)

Spl1nter

Razorwind said:

Play with GAF. There are two dedicated threads in the community section for the PC and Console versions of the game, respectively. Find people to play with. If you are playing on PC we have a mumble server and a number of players who are happy to help you out. Message people through battlelog and hop in mumble. All the information to set up mumble is in the OP of the PC community thread.

noire said:
Both, but there are times where spotting seems to stop responding for me (PS3)
There is a cooldown

Wthermans

Banned
Spl1nter said:
Play with GAF. There are two dedicated threads in the community section for the PC and Console versions of the game, respectively. Find people to play with. If you are playing on PC we have a mumble server and a number of players who are happy to help you out. Message people through battlelog and hop in mumble. All the information to set up mumble is in the OP of the PC community thread.

There is a cooldown
I don't think it's the cooldown. I've done testing on an empty server where I'll have someone stand right outside the proximity scan range with nothing in LOS between the MAV and my target and I can't get spotting to work for anything. Holding down Q waiting for the commorose to appear and then releasing, holding down Q waiting on commorose then firing, quickly hitting Q, everything.

Spotting in this game is straight busted. Both BF2 and BC2 had better systems (BF2 required you to wait for the commorose to appear, but it appeared much faster than in BF3), BC2 had the best method of just quickly pressing spot.

Spl1nter

Wthermans said:
I don't think it's the cooldown. I've done testing on an empty server where I'll have someone stand right outside the proximity scan range with nothing in LOS between the MAV and my target and I can't get spotting to work for anything. Holding down Q waiting for the commorose to appear and then releasing, holding down Q waiting on commorose then firing, quickly hitting Q, everything.

Spotting in this game is straight busted. Both BF2 and BC2 had better systems (BF2 required you to wait for the commorose to appear, but it appeared much faster than in BF3), BC2 had the best method of just quickly pressing spot.

It works fine for me and than it goes into cooldown. There may be a range for the MAV to spot.

Woo-Fu

Banned
NubInaTub said:
The only thing I hate about this game is how no one gives out ammo or health. I was low on ammo in this building, so I start shooting my teammate. He looks at me, throws down c4, jumps out the window, and blows up the walls. wtf

Why would you expect online gaming to have fewer stupid people on average than the total population does? If anything it has more.

Wthermans

Banned
Spl1nter said:
It works fine for me and than it goes into cooldown. There may be a range for the MAV to spot.
Testing does not show that. Especially given the fact that I tested directly outside of the smallest minimap range (which seems to be the limit of the proximity scanner on the MAV). Spotting doesn't work for a lot of people. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see if become this game's version of the notorious "enemy players showing up friendly" bug from BF2 that took 4 patches to solve.

Enkidu

Wthermans said:
Testing does not show that. Especially given the fact that I tested directly outside of the smallest minimap range (which seems to be the limit of the proximity scanner on the MAV). Spotting doesn't work for a lot of people. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see if become this game's version of the notorious "enemy players showing up friendly" bug from BF2 that took 4 patches to solve.
It's weird, I've never had any major problem with spotting. It can be very particular at times, requiring you to be right at your target which can be a bit annoying for spotting jets, but otherwise it works as expected for me.

Manager

tjohn86 said:
Battlelog needs a join queue for full servers. Refreshing the page over and over waiting for a free slot is tedious.

You can just refresh the filters, that way you don't have to reload everywhing.

Mr_eX said:
I was banned from a server the other day for mortaring on Grand Bazaar. They were trying to counter mortar me but they couldn't do it because I kept moving so finally they just banned me.

mortaring should be bannable on all servers

Manager

Mortars on Seinne Crossing (sp?) is ridiculous. It's incredibly easy to destroy tanks aswell as enemies and you reach all map. So, in other words, I'm glad I chose Support.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
MustacheBandit_ said:
mortaring should be bannable on all servers

Er-counter mortaring isn't that hard. Moving mortar people is annoying, sure but you can safely ignore them and move into buildings to avoid mortars anyway.

Manager

Drewsky said:
M249 is a beast.

Just unlocked M240B, apparently it's a bit better. I read they nerfed the M60 from the beta, apparently it's so slow that M240B is the best Support gun of them all (?).

Victrix

*beard*
Manager said:
Just unlocked M240B, apparently it's a bit better. I read they nerfed the M60 from the beta, apparently it's so slow that M240B is the best Support gun of them all (?).

Not sure about best. I had better luck at longer ranges with the 249.

Nearly all of the guns have really similar damage stats, so it's mostly down to what recoil pattern/rof you prefer.

sp3000

RibbedHero said:
All BF3 maps are here

Everyone check em out and get to know them :D

You can see how lazy the map design team is with everything. The 24 player and 64 player versions are the exact same in terms of map size. They just add 1 flag to some point in the map and call it a day.

With Metro they just used the exact same map, bahaha.

Manager said:

I just got the M60 and and hour an half later I got the service star for it. I love it. I put the OP scope on and a silencer (for comedic affect, mostly) and then I just go to town.

MrBig

sp3000 said:
You can see how lazy the map design team is with everything. The 24 player and 64 player versions are the exact same in terms of map size. They just add 1 flag to some point in the map and call it a day.

With Metro they just used the exact same map, bahaha.
I'd rather have less vehicles and CPs than a smaller play area in the smaller modes.

sponk said:
I cannot imagine Conquest on Metro with 64 players. What does it feel like?
It's unbalanced. The team that starts at the bottom of the stairs just get massacred.

It's kind of hilarious and sad at the same time. Also grenade and RPG spam everywhere and just massive chokepoints with no possibility to progress.

harrytang

encountered a bug on xbox 360 where i picked up a squad mates kit and became invincible to gunfire. realized what happened when i took on three guys at once with a pistol and didnt die. after a few more kills a grenade managed to kill me. hope this bug doesnt become wide spread.

sp3000

sponk said:

Take the stupidest map in the game, put 64 rocket wielding men in a space of a metro ticket office, and have them fight each other.

I'm starting to think that the map design team just made this map to troll us.

You know what I hate? That little tssk sound when you get killed. It's the same as when you kill somebody and it always gives me that small sense of hope that I killed him instead of the other way around.

I just realised, Damavand Peak and Operation Metro look like the only maps where Rush is considerably larger than Conquest. For the majority of maps the two modes use the exact same area.

Enkidu

MrBig said:
I'd rather have less vehicles and CPs than a smaller play area in the smaller modes.
You do realize that the complaint is actually the opposite, right? For many maps they designed them for 24 players and then added an extra control point or two and left it at that. If there were any maps the size of say, Dragon Valley you probably wouldn't want the same map size for 24 players.

Wolf Akela said:
First one to B wins.

Better hope your team has defibs and rockets.

If my team loses B, I take a recon class and run down the bottom to the corner of B in the underground and plant a spawn beacon so my team doesn't have to keep spawning at C.

Darklord

Banned
sponk said:

Terrible for actually playing but it's kinda fun being in total chaos. Run in with a shotgun and get like 8 kills in 2 seconds.

Spike6663 said:
How's it broken out of interest?

its a death cannon that is pinpoint accurate at long distance, very little kick, and super high dps which owns in close quarter combat. couple that with the super overpowered INRV and it equates to the best weapon combo in the game.

Rainy Dog

RibbedHero said:
I just realised, Damavand Peak and Operation Metro look like the only maps where Rush is considerably larger than Conquest. For the majority of maps the two modes use the exact same area.

Not on consoles, sadly. Discounting the bases, which are so far away from the flags anyway, some conquest maps use less than half their rush equivalents which makes it more like domination in COD than a strategic capture and holding of bases affair.

Am I the only one that much prefers the pacing of Caspian Border and Kharg Island on consoles to pretty much the rest of the maps in conquest? Most of the others are just too hectic and action packed for me at times. I enjoy a bit of downtime and a trip to a base that doesn't involve constant intense firefights.

zlatko

Banned
Idk why I fall for the "noob server" tag. Granted this one I joined sure felt like a buncha noob douche bags.

Rush on Metro, still on the first part. The other team is defense and they are all snipers and there's a few doing mortars. Literally can't move out of spawn more than 2 feet.

:/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom