• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argh, I hate it when all bases get captured and the team surrounds the enemy HQ. You may win the round, but all those wonderful base capturing points fly out the window :( Let them capture a couple back!

Definity said:
Starting to see more and more people go invincible. It's got something to do with squad revives or picking up an assault kit and doing a revive with it. Any other folks run into it yet?
Just had one guy with a 63/0, so yes.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Arnie said:
For people wanting to unlock IR flares on jets but keep getting shot down instantly I have what may be a make shift solution.

On a map where you can easily predict enemy choke points, lay down some AT Mines at a spot you think will best get you some points.

Then get in a jet. If you think you'll be shot down before the enemy runs over your mines then just sit on the runway. When your mines get you points they count towards your jet unlock so you should get IR Flares pretty quickly.

I unlocked IR Flares accidentally this way and was pleasantly surprised.

They just need to tweak it so it's dependant on light conditions to make it less omnipotent.

But nice use of hyperbole.
Or, if you don't mind losing style points, just ram something. You somehow get points for that.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
MrBig said:
I just get a suicide and no kill points when I do that.
Maybe you have to damage the vehicle with some cannon shots first to get the points. I've done it by accident before but I unlocked my flares on a learn to fly server ages ago.

MrBig

Geoff9920 said:
As someone who has tried this several times (on accident, really...), this has been my experience as well.
Yeah, the only times I've done it is in an accidental run in with an attack helo, and a kamikaze into a tank when I got disable and was able to direct myself into one.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
endlessflood said:
Ninjas (Exfiltration without setting off any alerts prior to breaching the VIPs door) is a bit hit and miss, but we got it after maybe 7 or 8 attempts. We just used the silenced pistol with headshots for everything (bar the last one). The trickiest one is that final one, where you have two soldiers and a camera to hit at the same time. One of us took the camera, the other lined the other two up so they were in line and then just spammed the fuck out of the pistol on 'go'.

See, that's what we're doing. Going for the head. Alert. Two in the body on easy. Alert. Spam a whole clip at them. Alert.

We got past the first tandem shot ONCE after like 15-20 attempts and then promptly failed the second. That's infuriating. It shouldn't be this hard. :/

Roosters93 said:
I dun get it.

Assists/captures/whatever while in the jet will count as points toward the jet. It doesn't need to be disable/kills. You can even be a squad leader, set up an "ATTACK/DEFEND THIS" order, and so long as your squad does what they're told you'll get points while in the jet.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Anyone know how to use the CIWS on the carrier in Canals? (Playing as I type this, still don't even SEE one on the ship.)

DTKT

DarthWoo said:
Anyone know how to use the CIWS on the carrier in Canals? (Playing as I type this, still don't even SEE one on the ship.)

Well, you need to spawn on a jet/chopper and get out. It's at the end of the carrier deck.

feel

Metalmurphy said:
I hate it when I'm the only one trying in Rush games...

Planted 3 and destroyed 2 MCOMs in Damavand Peak before the final 2. On the final two I planted 3 times, alone, no back up. I'm not superman and ofcourse they killed me and defused it. No one else seemed to give a shit.
yeah, I always play conquest when alone. It's infuriating playing Rush with randoms.. they just flatout ignore the objective and the planted charges. In conquest you don't really feel that letdown by dumb teammates as often even in defeat.

Mr Sandman said:
Wondering the same thing. I'm not seeing much diversity at all. Really disappointing. DICE should make RPGs less effective vs infantry and make Assault's ARs a bit stronger at range or something.

The launchers were shit against infantry in BC2 outside of the Carl Gustav, the same should apply here. But all the launchers here kill infantry with ease, and flak vests don't seem to do jack shit to protect a person. Grenades have bigger blast radius for taking out infantry, but doesn't change that most people are just using rockets to take out players. It's like Killzone 2 all over again with rocket whores.

RS4-

The shotgun stuff, is it because they just don't program any sort of bulletdrop with them? Because it's still in BC2 lol :|

Smash88 said:

Playing hardcore, it would be more effective to be using a sniper rifle for longer range and accuracy... same killing power.

RS4- said:
The shotgun stuff, is it because they just don't program any sort of bulletdrop with them? Because it's still in BC2 lol :|

Slugs do have drop, in the video you can see he is aiming up high in spots and getting kills at people below his aim spot. The slugs are powerful though and being hardcore you can snipe people with body shots fairly easy.

Tomat said:
So when are they going to remove the tactical flashlight?

Definitely gets my vote for one of the worst decisions in game design history.

There are a handful of other things that need fixing/removing before tac flashlight.

Shotgun sniping in bc2 was crazy. For a while (maybe still?) there was no bullet drop with slug shottie. You could laser people across the entire map.

Raide

elrechazao said:
Shotgun sniping in bc2 was crazy. For a while (maybe still?) there was no bullet drop with slug shottie. You could laser people across the entire map.

When I can pull this off, you feel like shotgun based god.

As stupid as the sniper-shotty seems, it won't be an all-powerful god-stick.

Cobra84

MustacheBandit_ said:
There are a handful of other things that need fixing/removing before tac flashlight.

Sadly that is true. IR scope, rockets, engineer guns, repair tool (full repair without recharge?), and the mines+rocket loadout all need worked on first.

EekTheKat

Tac-lights are annoying when you first start out on the game, but after a while they become just a minor annoyance in the overall win/loss picture.

If anything, friendlies with tac-lights who do not know how to shut them off are more annoying than the opposition. I've seen quite a few teammates with tac-lights just park themselves in an obvious corner with the tac-light shining on the flag, effectively making them one big glowing target.

winnarps

Did they do something to discourage the 64 player TDM servers? Seems like they don't work anymore - deploy limiting or messy spawns.

BattleMonkey said:
You got to unlock slug rounds to do what you see in the video, so the shotgun might seem "useless" for a while

The shotgun even without anything attached to are far from useless. Especially in grand bazaar it's just so easy to just run around and one shoot kill everyone.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Red Blaster said:
Slug rounds (give you extra range but you're fucked up close) + hardcore mode.

Yeah, I was going to say is it slug rounds like Bad Company 2?

Megasoum

Banned
The craziest thing about slug snipping is that it's "somewhat" realistic. Obviously it's crazy in game but still... here's a quote from Wikipedia about the slugs...

Slugs are often used by police equipped with riot shotguns. The slugs will provide accuracy sufficient for antipersonnel use out to ranges about 100 yards (91 m). This allows the officer the ability to use the shotgun as a reasonable substitute for a rifle at medium ranges.

A modern slug shotgun, with rifled barrel and high performance saboted slugs, is the top choice for hunters who must hunt with a shotgun, as it provides rifle-like power and accuracy at ranges over 150 yards (140 m).

mr_nothin

Banned
Megasoum said:
The craziest thing about slug snipping is that it's "somewhat" realistic. Obviously it's crazy in game but still... here's a quote from Wikipedia about the slugs...
But Fun/Balance > Realism

Megasoum

Banned
mr_nothin said:
But Fun/Balance > Realism

Of course, I agree. Like I said, it's crazy in game right now and should probably be toned down a bit...

It's just that I remember a lot of people complaining back in the BC2 days saying that it was unrealistic.

tbhysgb

I can't get the game to launch a game at all with battlelog. I've tried running origin and BF3 as administrator and everything. Can't even play the game. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:Turns out running the browser in admin was what I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom