• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manager

darkwing said:
IRNV goes well with everything, I feel blind without it

I'm trying to use it as much as possible before the inevitable nerf. It's hilarious it's in but I can't stop using it, specially as the majority does anyway.

Would be interesting if they could make it a mode after the patch. Like servers with IRNV only. It really brings something new to the gameplay.

jorma

is now taking requests
KAOz said:
Well, he did say "talk". :p

Plus, then and than is quite hard to remember.

But, the accent was so GODLY! I loved it to bits. He sounds so badass.

In his defense, most scandinavians cringe when they hear english with thick scandinavian accent.

Personally i agree with you, i loved it. And how much fun is a "viking power"-schtick if you speak perfect english? Hrm.

It's somewhat useful to plast your car with C4-packs and then rush to a huge group of enemies or an enemy tank. I never knew that suicide drives could be so much fun.

spidye

can someone be so nice and link me to the weapon stats list. I'd be grateful.

and I have a little question. is there a way to permanently play with the m4a1 as a russian? the game keeps changing the weapon to the aks at every new round if I manually choose the m4a1.

Probably just observer bias, but I swear it felt like they changed the damage the main tank gun did against infantry lastnight. All night I was shooting at infantry and seeing the damage indicator pop up, but not getting a kill. It is not like these were shots that were several yards off either, we are talking near misses. It was so frustrating to take two to three shots to kill an engineer as they are plinking away at you with RPGs.

Also it really seems like more and more people are playing engineers these days. I can barely drive around in a tank sometimes without getting lit up with rocket fire. This is a reason I wish there were presets you could save for certain kits. I have several different ways I like to setup my tank based on the current map, who I am playing with, etc. It really sucks to have to go through the menus to change all of this when having two or three favorite layouts would make this a load easier.

Binabik15

Zeppelin said:
Engineers are pretty useless against my tank nowadays. I haven't run over a single mine since I got thermal optics and the RPGs don't do that much damage to my reactive armour. And once they've revealed their position I launch a canister shell at them.

Has anybody a youtube video of a tank shelling infantry with cannister rounds? I really want so see how it looks and works, but I´m still a lot of points away from them.

Patrick Bateman said:
It's somewhat useful to plast your car with C4-packs and then rush to a huge group of enemies or an enemy tank. I never knew that suicide drives could be so much fun.

I´ve unlocked C4 and not played again since then, do you have to bail out and detonate or will it blow up when you´re crashing into something/die? How many C4 bags can you have out? Any point-grabbing tips for support? I want to get the M249, but I suck with their starting guns AND the Type 88.

And which shotgun to use? I watched my brother play DM and that seems to be a good way to get weapon unlocks, but which shotgun should I use, M870 or DAO-12? I want something levelled up for corridor warfare.

leng jai said:
The main reason I play Engineer is because there always seem be a fuckton of tanks driving around. I hate having to runaway when I see them.

Play support and you get to run TOWARDS the tanks!

Evil Benius said:
Probably just observer bias, but I swear it felt like they changed the damage the main tank gun did against infantry lastnight. All night I was shooting at infantry and seeing the damage indicator pop up, but not getting a kill. It is not like these were shots that were several yards off either, we are talking near misses. It was so frustrating to take two to three shots to kill an engineer as they are plinking away at you with RPGs.

Also it really seems like more and more people are playing engineers these days. I can barely drive around in a tank sometimes without getting lit up with rocket fire. This is a reason I wish there were presets you could save for certain kits. I have several different ways I like to setup my tank based on the current map, who I am playing with, etc. It really sucks to have to go through the menus to change all of this when having two or three favorite layouts would make this a load easier.

Yea everyone is playing engineers it sucks, but at least for me i'm the only person giving out ammo it seems so more points for me.

But for tanks against infantry you realy need to unlock the coax lmg and you need to switch to canister rounds to kill infantry easier

Also lot of players are probably packing flak jackets now to reduce explosive damage.

Divius

Binabik15 said:
Any point-grabbing tips for support? I want to get the M249, but I suck with their starting guns AND the Type 88.
C4 tanks. Drop ammo packs for your team. Lay down suppressing fire.

If you want to grab some quick points, play some Metro Conquest and just keep dropping ammo at crowded places.

DICE needs to give something to the Assault and Recon classes that allow them to deal with vehicles.

As it stands right now, the Engineer and Support, because of their ability to dispatch vehicles, are the only classes worth being.

ii Stryker said:
DICE needs to give something to the Assault and Recon classes that allow them to deal with vehicles.

As it stands right now, the Engineer and Support, because of their ability to dispatch vehicles, are the only classes worth being.

Even on maps with hardly any vehicles or few tanks, everyone is playing engineers. Rocket spam and the excellent carbines....

BattleMonkey said:
Play support and you get to run TOWARDS the tanks!

Yea everyone is playing engineers it sucks, but at least for me i'm the only person giving out ammo it seems so more points for me.

But for tanks against infantry you realy need to unlock the coax lmg and you need to switch to canister rounds to kill infantry easier

Also lot of players are probably packing flak jackets now to reduce explosive damage.

I have had every Tank upgrade unlocked since over a week ago. I usually have the guided shell in use instead of the canister shell since I roll with a person in the third seat. Being able to shoot down those annoying ass helicopters is far more useful than some annoying infantry. Now that helicopter pilots have most of their unlocks they can be deadly as hell against armor in the right hands. It has gotten to the point that if I am tank driving without my squad I carry the Stinger to hop out and try to shoot them down.

ii Stryker said:

I think having to worry about two of the four classes in armor is bad enough. Assault is much more useful against infantry than engineer and I am fine with that. Based on what people have said I do think Recon might need a buff, but an armor killing ability is not the way to go.

Raide

ii Stryker said:

They should give Recon a modified Tracer Dart. While not giving them an option to blow up vehicles, they can at least contribute to their demise by tagging them. (Give them an assist bonus if they tag a vehicle that gets destroyed)

Facism

one of my favourite things to do as an engie is to plant mines amongst enemy mines. Usually the enemy team armour rolls over them thinking they're all friendly mines, and the resulting explosion clears the field.

Of course, sometimes friendlies roll over them before the enemies do lol.

Twinduct

Raide said:
They should give Recon a modified Tracer Dart. While not giving them an option to blow up vehicles, they can at least contribute to their demise by tagging them. (Give them an assist bonus if they tag a vehicle that gets destroyed)

Not a bad idea tbh, it would complement the SOFLAM or whatever that thing is called.
I would say, allow him to tag inf aswell, but thanks to mortars, that would just be silly =)

Binabik15

&Divius said:
C4 tanks. Drop ammo packs for your team. Lay down suppressing fire.

If you want to grab some quick points, play some Metro Conquest and just keep dropping ammo at crowded places.

But there´ll be already 50 other ammo kits. And tanks are taken out by engis.

I guess I´ll have to play Conquest Large with small teams and just capture, capture, capture, just like I did for most of my tank points. Then I can finally mortar spam. Err, play support when nobody else gives my team ammo, of course.

Desaan

Raide said:

SOFLAM + random engineer dude with a javelin = free kills for him.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
rance said:
M60 with suppressor still shows up on the mini map when fired? So it is just a thing to make the gun look silly.

Which supressor? Flash? Flash does not mask you on the mini-map! The SOUND supressor does.

BattleMonkey said:
Even on maps with hardly any vehicles or few tanks, everyone is playing engineers. Rocket spam and the excellent carbines....

DICE has already stated that the 7.62mm weapons were going to get hit with the nerf bat. The 5.56mm guns are shit at more than 50m though.
I do agree, the rocket spam is annoying. I don't think nerfing them against infantry is the answer though. I'd rather they reduce the number of rocket rounds carried.

Evil Benius said:
I think having to worry about two of the four classes in armor is bad enough. Assault is much more useful against infantry than engineer and I am fine with that. Based on what people have said I do think Recon might need a buff, but an armor killing ability is not the way to go.

I think both Assault and Recon should have the option to carry 1-2 rounds of C4.
Assault would sacrifice the defib to carry C4 and Recon would sacrifice radio beacon.

Arnie

I like the idea of giving the Assault IRNV. That way it's as useful as engi and support.

Don't buff Recon though. Leave it as a poultry class for the idiots that think Sniping is some god given skill.

Rapstah

ElyrionX said:
They need to give the C4 to recon. The MAV is a great tool but virtually useless on maps like Seine and Bazaar.

Maybe give the AT mines to support as compensation.
I've gotten over 100 kills with the MAV and most of them have been on Bazaar. It's amazing once you realise how to roadkill and destroy mobile spawn points with it.

Desaan

Binabik15 said:
But there´ll be already 50 other ammo kits. And tanks are taken out by engis.

I guess I´ll have to play Conquest Large with small teams and just capture, capture, capture, just like I did for most of my tank points. Then I can finally mortar spam. Err, play support when nobody else gives my team ammo, of course.

Whenever I come across a team with mortar spammers, I switch to recon and launch my MAV. Then take said MAV for some behind enemy lines recon, upon finding the guilty parties I guide the MAV directly overhead and on their head and watch as they kill themselves.

I've tried mortar spam, it's incredibly boring and totally ruins CQB maps. Needs to go.

ii Stryker said:
DICE has already stated that the 7.62mm weapons were going to get hit with the nerf bat. The 5.56mm guns are shit at more than 50m though.
I do agree, the rocket spam is annoying. I don't think nerfing them against infantry is the answer though. I'd rather they reduce the number of rocket rounds carried.

They should nerf rockets against infantry, they did in BC2. In BC2 rockets were garbage against infantry unless you were playing on hardcore mode or using carl gustav. Grenades/GL's were superior to rockets in almost every way against infantry. They are supposed to be anti tank but so many are just using them as one hit kill direct fire noob tubes.

.nimrod

Zeppelin said:
No, you can't repair the reactive armor. Friendly mines show up on the mini map so I always take a look there before I start destroying them. There's also a little blue thingie hovering over friendly mines but it's kind of hard to see.
Thanks, thats good to know.

Patrick Bateman said:
You don't have to die when you're doing jihad jeep, just jump out early and use its momentum.
And don't forget to cheerfully shoot the sky for the killcam!

Rapstah said:
I've gotten over 100 kills with the MAV and most of them have been on Bazaar. It's amazing once you realise how to roadkill and destroy mobile spawn points with it.

I just started using the MAV last night, good stuff.

Will it spot radio beacons?

Asked in the previous thread but never saw an answer, but how are they adding in the 10 new weapons added with B2K? Will they be available for use in all maps or just B2K? Seperate weapon selection just for use only in B2K like what was done with the Vietnam expansion?

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Since this disappeared off three pages ago: People seem to say that there should be a CIWS mounted on the USS Essex (the amphibious carrier) on maps where it appears. I haven't seen any indication of one on any of the maps I've played, in either CQ or Rush. Is it only on the PC version or something?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Arnie said:
I like the idea of giving the Assault IRNV. That way it's as useful as engi and support.

Don't buff Recon though. Leave it as a poultry class for the idiots that think Sniping is some god given skill.
Recons need a buff and should have C4 rather than Support. Also IRNV shouldn't be a class specific unlock and Assault doesn't need any help.

def sim

So much ridiculousness happened but what I find the dumbest is that the "missing" train he was looking for in all of NYC was right there, near the building he's in, totally passing by at the right time.

jorma

is now taking requests
Desaan said:
Whenever I come across a team with mortar spammers, I switch to recon and launch my MAV. Then take said MAV for some behind enemy lines recon, upon finding the guilty parties I guide the MAV directly overhead and on their head and watch as they kill themselves.

Oh, is that what happens? Mind blown! I've been suiciding a few times and with no clue as to why. Mortar guy has no way of seeing this come, so it's pretty clever.

I've tried mortar spam, it's incredibly boring and totally ruins CQB maps. Needs to go.

No. How do you even begin to take B on Seine crossing if you cant shell the people defending it?
Taking out a mortar is easy, so why even whine about it?

Ikuu said:
Recons need a buff and should have C4 rather than Support. Also IRNV shouldn't be a class specific unlock and Assault doesn't need any help.

Take C4 away from Support? Fuck that.

Most recons will be up in the hills anyways playing sniper as usual and not using their C4 most of the time.

rance said:
Giving everyone a way to destroy land vehicles is nuts and also weakens the value of support players.

Then by this rationale C4 needs to be removed from Support as well. My vehicles get taken out more from C4 then AT mines and rockets.

DICE needs to remove the C4 from support and give it to a class that can't infinitely shit C4.

BattleMonkey said:

Most recons will be up in the hills anyways playing sniper as usual and not using their C4 most of the time.

Then give C4 to assault in place of the Defib.

BattleMonkey said:

Then why not give them the C4, if anything it will be an incentive for Recons to actually play Recon and not sniper.

ii Stryker said:
Then give C4 to assault in place of the Defib.

Now we are killing medics? wtf.

Don't take shit from anyone people, just improve the other classes while nerfing Engineers

zephervack said:
Then why not give them the C4, if anything it will be an incentive for Recons to actually play Recon and not sniper.

Give them C4 sure, but don't take it away from supports. Thats one way to kill off people from playing Support class and then they are all going to be on forums going "we are useless, we can't destroy tanks!"

def sim

ii Stryker said:
Then by this rationale C4 needs to be removed from Support as well. My vehicles get taken out more from C4 then AT mines and rockets.

DICE needs to remove the C4 from support and give it to a class that can't infinitely shit C4.

It's balanced by the fact that it's only available to the support class. A class not everyone is jumping on, not unless they bring back the m60 to its broken status. So what we have an infinite amount? If we're running or walking (if you have the vehicle motion sensor perk) to your tank everytime, the problem is on you.

I really am not sure why every class needs to be able to kill tanks anyway. If I run into a tank as an Assault I mark it, call out its location to my squad, and usually that tank is dead fairly quickly. Especially when I get the tank's attention as a distraction while the Engineers/Support do their job.

BattleMonkey said:
Now we are killing medics? wtf.

Don't take shit from anyone people, just improve the other classes while nerfing Engineers

As a player with most of my time logged as engineer, engineers need to be nerfed. To say they don't is either being biased because you enjoy the class or you haven't spent much time with the other classes yet. Either way it is far too superior to all the other classes at the moment.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
BattleMonkey said:

Because that is the way they've designed the class, giving C4 to Recon allows for them to play similarly to Special Forces and would work well with the Spawn Beacon. Support is already a strong class without the need for C4.

BattleMonkey said:
Give them C4 sure, but don't take it away from supports. Thats one way to kill off people from playing Support class and then they are all going to be on forums going "we are useless, we can't destroy tanks!"

Support is supposed to support their team with ammo and suppressive fire, not be an infinite C4 shitting spam machine as it is now. If support wants to take out a vehicle they do have other means of doing so with the use mortars.

The defib idea is terrible so how about 1-2 rnds of C4 for assault in lieu of the med kit.

I do like the idea of allowing recon have it as well. I do think it will incentivise them to get in closer to the front line.

The other classes are quite viable and fun to play and don't need any buffs. It would be silly to buff all three unnecessarily to be on the engineers level when they can just bring the engineer down a few notches to match the other three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom