• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The shotgun sniping in BF3 is fucking terrible. That video isn't all that good, Yes it's hilarious and over the top, But most of the shots miss and end up being useless. The slugs are no where near as good as they used to be in BC2, Part of me should know since i was the shotgun sniper back then and in BF3 it just doesn't work.

In the beta it was actually viable. You could do some good headshot work from mid to longish range, In retail though it was fucking nerfed into the ground. Plus the change to client side hit detection also throws it off a fair bit.

Slugs also aren't a 1 hit kill at close range, they can take up to 2 shots. By the time you're about to fire the second shot using the 870MCS the other guy would have spammed you with his AR and you would be dead.

Buckshot is a different story and mostly is a 1 shot kill at close range.

It's a shame slugs are worthless right now. I miss being able to spot someone, spot, aim and get a headshot with a shotgun and slug. Now it's just run and gun assault rifles or trying to get up close and personal with a buckshot shotty.

ElyrionX

evlcookie said:
The shotgun sniping in BF3 is fucking terrible. That video isn't all that good, Yes it's hilarious and over the top, But most of the shots miss and end up being useless. The slugs are no where near as good as they used to be in BC2, Part of me should know since i was the shotgun sniper back then and in BF3 it just doesn't work.

In the beta it was actually viable. You could do some good headshot work from mid to longish range, In retail though it was fucking nerfed into the ground. Plus the change to client side hit detection also throws it off a fair bit.

Slugs also aren't a 1 hit kill at close range, they can take up to 2 shots. By the time you're about to fire the second shot using the 870MCS the other guy would have spammed you with his AR and you would be dead.

Buckshot is a different story and mostly is a 1 shot kill at close range.

It's a shame slugs are worthless right now. I miss being able to spot someone, spot, aim and get a headshot with a shotgun and slug. Now it's just run and gun assault rifles or trying to get up close and personal with a buckshot shotty.

Ummm. there's always the bolt action rifles.

Spl1nter

SteveO409 said:
Nice and I highly approve of the map choices. No more senine mortar and dem. peak hallway madness

Bazaar will probably be added back. I just noticed people were getting a little tired of the map today so asked chapel to remove it.

W1SSY

Had a lot of fun playing on the PS3 for a good bit tonight until Metro. That map is just brutal if you have the low spawn. My team spent almost all of the game trying to fight up to B. I finally rushed past the other team and got A but in the process my team found a way to lose our starting point. Luckily I was playing assault so I got a bunch of heals and revives. I ended the match 20-12 with 14 ribbons. I cannot imagine how brutal Metro is on PC. I cannot stand it with the smaller numbers on the consoles, with more it has to be horrendous.

tsigo

eek5 said:
I got my e-mail. I had to manually enter the code though; it wasn't automatically added to my account like previous bonuses.

Holy shit, thank you for this. I assumed they applied it automatically at checkout since that's how all the previous credits have worked, but it has to be entered at checkout. Went back through my e-mail trash and recovered the code.

abuC

Im having an issue with my resolution, it says it's 1080p when I go full screen but Im pretty sure it's not. Mainly because to do so I have to Alt-Tab out, then maximize the window then finally click on the screen to make it full screen. Before I do that, the game looks incredibly sharp, afterwards the game doesn't look nearly as good but I can't control anything in the menu with my mouse, if I put the mouse near the top of the screen then it highlights things. Any ideas?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I fucking love driving the jeep. Hate to admit, but I spent a couple Conquest games just fucking around driving this thing around the map. All the destructible environments, all those hilly hills, and these physics...it's fun as fuck. It seriously feels like I'm riding shot gun in one of these things (and driving like a reckless asshole all over the place too). Running somebody over is just barely over stumbling some crazy as fucking way to blow your jeep up on accident.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
Smash88 said:

I don't care if that guy was wallhacking through a tank and knifing the driver -- his accent completely justifies everything.

And honestly, I'm not seeing what's broken about that mechanic -- it takes him 2-3 shots to get kills in Hardcore mode with a fucking huge scope taking up the screen. And with no crosshairs, he'll be as vulnerable as any other sniper in close quarters.

Anything that trolls snipers who don't even make an attempt to be near the objective is fine by me. "Yeenius!"

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
SpeedingUptoStop said:
Running somebody over is just barely over stumbling some crazy as fucking way to blow your jeep up on accident.
The best is when both happen, usually due to ramming said guy against a wall or other solid object which then causes your jeep to explode.

holdbrillanj

Neo Member
PatmanBegins said:
I don't care if that guy was wallhacking through a tank and knifing the driver -- his accent completely justifies everything.

And honestly, I'm not seeing what's broken about that mechanic -- it takes him 2-3 shots to get kills in Hardcore mode with a fucking huge scope taking up the screen. And with no crosshairs, he'll be as vulnerable as any other sniper in close quarters.

Anything that trolls snipers who don't even make an attempt to be near the objective is fine by me. "Yeenius!"

Did you seriously just compliment Scandinavian accent?

"Thick & Quick" platoon emblem I made.

RWjPO.jpg

Found some other funny ones:
Qox3N.jpg

RibbedHero said:
Read this thread here:

http://battlefield3forums.com/showt...orking-(online-pass-check-failed)-please-help

Apparently its a region issue. So either your brother bought a non-European release in Austria, or Austria and Italy are different regions within Europe (which would be very odd). Tell him to contact EA Support.

Thanks, but it is most definetly not this issue. Italy and Austria both share the same region. On top he has an austrian account so he can have his games and the PSN Store content in german.

But thanks for answering.

I tried contacting EA customer support for about a day now, and no "Dice" (lol) horrible experience so far.

dc89

I'm loving this game.

Sure the SP isn't the best I've ever played and the QTE'S would be better left out but the campaign isn't that bad.

But the MP. Dayum.

I can't remember the last time a multiplayer game satisfied me so much. The feeling you get when taking out a jeep with a RPG roaring across the terrain is immense.

Rainy Dog

Cobra84 said:
Sadly that is true. IR scope, rockets, engineer guns, repair tool (full repair without recharge?), and the mines+rocket loadout all need worked on first.

I have to agree with this Cobra. I'm an Engineer 80-90% of the time because it's a jack and master of all trades class. I feel like I'm hindered in too many common situations if I'm not.

At the very least, rockets and AT mines need putting in the same loadout slot. Why they changed this from BC2 I've no idea. It also encourages selfish play as I never carry my repair tool when I can have 6 mines that give me tons of free double kills. Also feel that mines should disappear when you die now. People might argue that it'd make them useless, but that's really the players responsibility to be less reckless and make a concerted effort to replace them when needed (not just after they've earned you an easy triple kill 5 mins and 10 deaths after laying them). Plus, C4 and Claymores disappear so what's the difference?

As for the guns, I'd say the range of carbines needs reducing slightly in comparison to AR's as well. OR the range of AR's slightly buffed.

dc89

Rainy Dog said:
I have to agree with this Cobra. I'm an Engineer 80-90% of the time because it's a jack and master of all trades class. I feel like I'm hindering in too many common situations if I'm not.

At the very least, rockets and AT mines need putting in the same loadout slot. Why they changed this from BC2 I've no idea. It also encourages selfish play as I never carry my repair tool when I can have 6 mines that give me tons of free double kills. Also feel that mines should disappear when you die now. People might argue that it'd make them useless, but that's really the players responsibility to be less reckless and make a concerted effort to replace them when needed (not just after they've earned you an easy triple kill 5 mines after laying them). Plus, C4 and Claymores disappear so what's the difference?

As for the guns, I'd say the range of carbines needs reducing slightly in comparison to AR's as well. OR the range of AR's slightly buffed.

I've only played 4 hours of the game and I haven't touched Recon or Support.

I'm currently playing as Engineer and it's really fun. Sure the carbine rifles are not as powerful (I'm only level 4 so...) but tackling armoured units is great.

leng jai

The main reason I play Engineer is because there always seem be a fuckton of tanks driving around. I hate having to runaway when I see them.

Well, at least they're working on it...

Hurry up with that PS3-patch DICE! :C

Thank you for bringing the voice chat issue to our attention, we are working hard to resolve this issue. ^CT

http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/133471409035948032

Zeppelin

Mr Sandman said:
Yeah the mines are definitely screwing with tank repairing. No random ever repairs anymore, yet there are 60 mines all over the place and 85% of everyone around is an engy.

It's too late now, but the IR scope should have been exclusive to the Assault class. It's the primary anti infantry class, after all. The SCAR, IR, RPG and mines. Jesus. Then again it would be pretty cheap still. The whole thing needs to be tweaked.

Can't wait for the balance patch.

Engineers are pretty useless against my tank nowadays. I haven't run over a single mine since I got thermal optics and the RPGs don't do that much damage to my reactive armour. And once they've revealed their position I launch a canister shell at them.

Enkidu

abuC said:
Im having an issue with my resolution, it says it's 1080p when I go full screen but Im pretty sure it's not. Mainly because to do so I have to Alt-Tab out, then maximize the window then finally click on the screen to make it full screen. Before I do that, the game looks incredibly sharp, afterwards the game doesn't look nearly as good but I can't control anything in the menu with my mouse, if I put the mouse near the top of the screen then it highlights things. Any ideas?
You are using Alt+Enter to switch between windowed and full screen, right? Also, have you tried going full screen and then set the resolution down to, say 720 and then switch back to 1080? That usually works when I have resolution issues.

.nimrod

Zeppelin said:
Engineers are pretty useless against my tank nowadays. I haven't run over a single mine since I got thermal optics and the RPGs don't do that much damage to my reactive armour. And once they've revealed their position I launch a canister shell at them.
Does the reactive armor recover when you repair the tank? And is there a way to distinguish enemy mines from friendly mines?

Also, why doesn't the third seat in tanks (CITV station) use up a slot? If it stays that way i probably won't use helos anymore when everybody unlocks it :/

ElyrionX

They need to give the C4 to recon. The MAV is a great tool but virtually useless on maps like Seine and Bazaar.

Maybe give the AT mines to support as compensation.

Raide

ElyrionX said:
They need to give the C4 to recon. The MAV is a great tool but virtually useless on maps like Seine and Bazaar.

Does BF3 still have the sniper spotting scope as an unlock?

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
BoobPhysics101 said:
STFU. Most NATIVE English speakers make far worse mistakes than that.

Why so serious? It all started off with me approving a funny video by a guy who clearly doesn't take himself seriously (or his accent, for that matter), yet here comes some causeless defense force ready to attack.

Did you watch the video? Or are you just here to scratch your itch for righteousness?

ElyrionX said:

I think they should've given C4 to the Recon and the spawn beacon to the Support. Been finding too many Recon idiots sitting on a high rooftop or cliff miles away from the objective with a spawn beacon parked nearby so they don't lose their camping spot. Just further encourages most users of this class to contribute jack and shit to the game.

Giving C4 would encourage Recons to stay near the action to actually use the weapon.

PatmanBegins said:
Why so serious? It all started off with me approving a funny video by a guy who clearly doesn't take himself seriously, yet here comes some causeless defense force ready to attack.

Did you watch the video? Or are you just here to scratch your itch for righteousness?

You must be in full ass-hat mode if you don't even realize that you're trying to make fun of people for making grammar mistakes when their first language isn't English.

Zeppelin

.nimrod said:
Does the reactive armor recover when you repair the tank? And is there a way to distinguish enemy mines from friendly mines?

No, you can't repair the reactive armor. Friendly mines show up on the mini map so I always take a look there before I start destroying them. There's also a little blue thingie hovering over friendly mines but it's kind of hard to see.

.nimrod said:
Also, why doesn't the third seat in tanks (CITV station) use up a slot? If it stays that way i probably won't use helos anymore when everybody unlocks it :/

Yeah, that kind of surprised me too.

Zeppelin said:
My mines are becoming a lot less useful in the GAF server :( I still rack up the points in pubs using them, but yeah, GAFers are smarter than pubbers it would seem!

Still get quite a few kills with the RPG, however.

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
BoobPhysics101 said:
You must be in full ass-hat mode if you don't even realize that you're trying to make fun of people for making grammar mistakes when their first language isn't English.

Are you his friend? Just wanting to find out how you know that English isn't his first language. All you're going off of is that he announced that he's Scandinavian. I'm Asian and my first language was English. Why the hell does it matter anyway?

I was talking about why I enjoyed the video because the creator's accent was thick as hell, yet throughout he was making fun of himself and his Viking greatness. That's why I enjoyed it. Then I jokingly said "Viking accent is best accent."

Yet in comes your friend, taking it way too seriously, shitting on the guy's accent because "it sounds way too forced" with some superiority that his English is better than the other guy. He stated this opinion with some ironically poor English. I pointed out the irony. You came to his defense. That's it. I'm not making fun of anyone here.

If anything, I'm bundling you both together for taking the whole damn thing far, far, far too seriously. I do my best not to make character judgements based on something so superficial as ethnicity, because I myself am a minority and know what it's like to be judged that way. So please don't accuse me of that again.

Can we get back to talking about the damn game now?

PatmanBegins said:
I think they should've given C4 to the Recon and the spawn beacon to the Support. Been finding too many Recon idiots sitting on a high rooftop or cliff miles away from the objective with a spawn beacon parked nearby so they don't lose their camping spot. Just further encourages most users of this class to contribute jack and shit to the game.

Giving C4 would encourage Recons to stay near the action to actually use the weapon.
hahah noway, giving C4 to the Recons would mean less people playing Support and more people playing Engineer

Zeppelin

Foliorum Viridum said:
My mines are becoming a lot less useful in the GAF server :( I still rack up the points in pubs using them, but yeah, GAFers are smarter than pubbers it would seem!

Still get quite a few kills with the RPG, however.

You once called me an idiot for blowing your mines up. Since that day I've spent all my time roaming the GAF server in search for your mines and blowing them up. Maybe that's why you're not racking up kills with them any more?

:p

PatmanBegins

Neo Member
The Faceless Master said:
hahah noway, giving C4 to the Recons would mean less people playing Support and more people playing Engineer

I think letting Support players choose between the spawn beacon and the mortar would be plenty of incentive to play. I play Support quite a bit and I feel that way, anyway.

Between the beacon, mortar, ammo box and the elite suppression ability, you'd have plenty of tools to define your role as basically a mobile base of operations for your squad. You stay back to hold the line in a safe spot and cover your squad's advance. They'll fall back if necessary and restock.

If anything, giving the C4 doesn't even make much sense for the ideal role of the Support. They're supposed to hold the line, yet one of their given tools requires them to leave that position to run around with their heavy ass LMG trying to plant it on a tank or MCOM. As a Support player, I still end up doing exactly that, but it doesn't mean that I'm not thinking these things as I'm running around with my M249.

Shnookums said:
I don't think it was a deliberate attempt to simplify so much as it was to find a system that was most suitable for people playing with console contollers. Unfortunately this results in steps backwards for PC players, but I'm holding out hope that they will patch in a more suitable scheme (a la BF2) for the PC.
there's a commo rose on console?!

Divius

Zeppelin said:
You once called me an idiot for blowing your mines up. Since that day I've spent all my time roaming the GAF server in search for your mines and blowing them up. Maybe that's why you're not racking up kills with them any more?

I tend to blow up every single mine I see, even friendlies. Friendly mines have a little blue thingie above them, but it pops up way too late and is hardly noticeable when it does. Foliorum has made me super paranoid when it comes to mines so I also shoot rubble and small bodies of water etc.

KAOz

Short bus special
PatmanBegins said:
The irony...oh God it hurts!

Well, he did say "talk". :p

Plus, then and than is quite hard to remember.

But, the accent was so GODLY! I loved it to bits. He sounds so badass.

Zeppelin said:

You son of a-- !

Haha. I get very protective of my mines, I didn't mean to sound like an ass :)

I'm on my phone so I can't multiquote, but to the guy above I'm glad my mine antics have made you paranoid :D I'm going to be infamous because of them soon I think.

Dreaver

Unlocked the F2000 yesterday. What a beast weapon.
Do many of you use the secondary attachment? I have the feeling they do more harm then good.

red731

Dreaver said:
Unlocked the F2000 yesterday. What a beast weapon.
Do many of you use the secondary attachment? I have the feeling they do more harm then good.

Foregrip + Suppressor +
IRNV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom