• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxgt

Banned
squidyj said:
I haven't been hearing anyone saying good things about the MW3 campaign. seems to be as bad if not worse than BF3 campaign and also shorter... Sorry.

It's scripted, it's linear, it's boring, it's shooting a load of ai dudes

they're both terrible

jorma

is now taking requests
mcrae said:
im gonna echo my earlier post, and recomend you play rush on any map, with a sv98/irnv... topped the charts twice with that, never have before with recon

i WANT to try this.. but then i think about having to reach 100 kills to unlock it.. ugh

Keasar

Rainy Dog said:
3 flags on both maps? Less than 100m between each one on Karkland? Sigh. I was hoping for some more decent, spacious Conquest maps since there's only 3 or 4 amongst the vanilla bunch on consoles.

Surely I cant be the only one who doesn't want funneling into constant intense action every single second of a match?
That would be the Conquest Small version of the maps for consoles, the PC will most likely get the 7~ flags maps for 64 players.

EVIL

jorma

is now taking requests
EVIL said:
I own 4 pet rats, and I had some slight difficulty killing the poor creature, but this is some serious overreaction! Its was a knife in the back of the head, a quick death, its not as if you skin it alive or something.

also: it was a RAT

EVIL

jorma said:
also: it was a RAT
a RAT is no way different then any other animal.
Rats are not disgusting, they are very clean creatures (cleaner then cats for example). They didn't even carry the plague, the fleas on the rats did.

Twinduct

Lol, every pixel rat killed is one less pixel rat to worry about in pixel land.
Christ. Instead of worrying about the death of 1s and 0s, rather worry about the people who can't tell the difference between Pixel rat and real life rat.

ElyrionX

A little off-topic but I'm somewhat puzzled by the animosity towards COD and its playerbase in here. I mean, I love the shit out of BF2 and BF3 as I did MW1 and to a lesser extent, MW2. I'm not planning on picking up MW3 but there is absolutely no doubt that the series has reliably been a really solid shooter with excellent gunplay (I mean, we're not talking about Uncharted here) and some very innovative gameplay ideas. Who didn't enjoy their first attack chopper or AC-130 killstreak?

The playerbase may not be fantastic but can you truly say BF is any different? When you have games gunning for the mainstream audience (which BF3 clearly is), idiots will inevitably pop up, like it or not.

Is it really necessary to pick sides all the time?

Enkidu

Keasar said:
That would be the Conquest Small version of the maps for consoles, the PC will most likely get the 7~ flags maps for 64 players.
That's still incredibly small with only 3 flags. The 32 player versions of Karkand and Oman had 6 and 5 flags respectively in BF2. They seem to be basing the regular conquest maps on the 16 player versions and not the 32 player ones as they should. Heck, Gulf of Oman even had 4 flags with 16 players for BF2 so this is even less than that. Now I'll be playing on PC with 64 players so I'm not all that concerned, but this is still really bad for the console players out there (and even worse for the PC players who prefer to play on 32 player servers).

Holy shit did they improved the IRNV over the beta, at last before on daylight were more or less hard identify targets and visibility were worst, now on the same map (metro) the contrast between objects and targets is way more clear, I thought it was OK on the beta, now it's ridiculous.

Also the SKS it's the worst gun on the game, what a piece of shit.

NIN90 said:
Totally staged. No flags were taken for example.

That jet pilot sure was flying quite slowly without a proper reason.

F#A#Oo

Banned
ElyrionX said:
A little off-topic but I'm somewhat puzzled by the animosity towards COD and its playerbase in here. I mean, I love the shit out of BF2 and BF3 as I did MW1 and to a lesser extent, MW2. I'm not planning on picking up MW3 but there is absolutely no doubt that the series has reliably been a really solid shooter with excellent gunplay (I mean, we're not talking about Uncharted here) and some very innovative gameplay ideas. Who didn't enjoy their first attack chopper or AC-130 killstreak?

The playerbase may not be fantastic but can you truly say BF is any different? When you have games gunning for the mainstream audience (which BF3 clearly is), idiots will inevitably pop up, like it or not.

Some Gamers needing to overly justify and defend their purchases...more news at 11...

jorma

is now taking requests
EVIL said:
a RAT is no way different then any other animal.
Rats are not disgusting, they are very clean creatures (cleaner then cats for example). They didn't even carry the plague, the fleas on the rats did.

Yes, but then again your username is EVIL. Just like a dirty RAT!
;)

Arjen

ElyrionX said:

I don't get it either, why in earth do you have to pick sides?
And the userbase in both games is awfull, won 5 games in a row with about 150 points difference last night becasue the other team refused to cap flags. Good for stats, but so damn boring to play.

Seanspeed

Banned
Zeppelin said:
Dunno if this has been up or not but PETA ain't happy about you killing rats in the campaign (translated from German with Google Translate):
I'm certainly not as crazy as PETA and I'm not gonna freak out about it, but I've gotta I was definitely a bit upset that they MADE you kill a rat. Really wasn't necessary to have that in there.

Effect

Personally I don't have any hate toward CoD or those that play. I still find it fun to play from time to time and I like watching the videos of people playing but I've steadily become less and less interested in actively playing. It's with FPS as an entire genre when it gets right down to it. The BF series is the last one to hold my interest with any significance. It really started when I picked up Bad Company 2 for PC on a whim (good buy looking back) . It just clicked more with me and how I play games. In MMORPGs I liked to play support classes while grouped. I can transfer that style of play somewhat over to BFBC2 and now BF3 while killing. There have been some matches, especially in BFBC2, where I've done nothing but act as a medic by running all over the map healing, bringing people back to life, and providing suppressing fire (BF3). I like that and I simply can't do that in CoD or any other FPS out there.

I will say though that I expect MW3's campaign to be entertaining. Looking forward to watching video of it.

hamchan

ElyrionX said:

It's not necessary at all to pick sides and I feel people are just buying into the BF3 marketing that they should pick sides. I buy and enjoy both games, the horror!

KAOz

Short bus special
Why are some people so incredibly stupid? No, really.

If you get ahold of the 2-seat badass Attack Helicopter, and you're flying alone, and then somebody spawns in it with you to help you and be your gunner.

DO NOT FUCKING CRASHLAND IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ENEMIES BASE, RUN OUT TO CAP A FLAG OR MCOM AND DIE.

So many people use the choppers to just go to enemies base, then when there, they jump out. Sigh. Not using it for either spawnpoint or support. Just, a means to get to A from B, then ditch it.

Makes me so sad.

jorma

is now taking requests
Uhu - they should totally make you check a box where you promise to "work with my teammates in order to reach the objectives set by the game to the best of my abilites" and only put me in squads with people who promise to do just that.

and then they can put the people who only wants to do their own thing in separate squads, because i do get that sometimes you just want to do your own thing or try shit out just for fun.

ElyrionX said:

Probably because DICE's desire to woo that audience has resulted in a compromised Battlefield experience.

Arjen

jorma said:
Uhu - they should totally make you check a box where you promise to "work with my teammates in order to reach the objectives set by the game to the best of my abilites" and only put me in squads with people who promise to do just that.

and then they can put the people who only wants to do their own thing in separate squads, because i do get that sometimes you just want to do your own thing or try shit out just for fun.

Seriously i wish developers started thinking about this, ban people who refuse to go for objectives in objective based gametypes or something. It is my biggest problem in multiplayer games, and it's a problem in every game.

Ikuu said:
I'd be interested in seeing it in an action shot, or someone prone, it's still very easy to spot.

It is. I was surprised the first time I saw it, but it still stood out in the middle of all that green. Then I killed him.

Binabik15

Relaxed Muscle said:
Holy shit did they improved the IRNV over the beta, at last before on daylight were more or less hard identify targets and visibility were worst, now on the same map (metro) the contrast between objects and targets is way more clear, I thought it was OK on the beta, now it's ridiculous.

Also the SKS it's the worst gun on the game, what a piece of shit.

That jet pilot sure was flying quite slowly without a proper reason.
What, they made it better than in the beta? I need to play deathmatch and get it ASAP!

Lanbeast

KAOz said:

If you get ahold of the 2-seat badass Attack Helicopter, and you're flying alone, and then somebody spawns in it with you to help you and be your gunner.

DO NOT FUCKING CRASHLAND IT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ENEMIES BASE, RUN OUT TO CAP A FLAG OR MCOM AND DIE.

So many people use the choppers to just go to enemies base, then when there, they jump out. Sigh. Not using it for either spawnpoint or support. Just, a means to get to A from B, then ditch it.

Makes me so sad.

Happens way too often. Unless I spawn in the helicopter first, I don't think I've ever seen someone else use it for anything but transport to the MCOM. It especially pisses me off on Damavand when it's faster just to base jump.

Flashlight change (presumably for the patch).

Before:
MkPxR.jpg

After:
Z3E6I.jpg

http://twitter.com/#!/Demize99/status/133891163617898497

EVIL

KAOz said:

Makes me so sad.
BF has never been a really serious game so its a bit in theme, but yeah. especially at the start of the match when owning an attack helicopter is vital to quickly get a hold of points and suppress the enemy with a barrage of helicopter fire. 90% of games I see people jump in and eject from then over a flag.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
HotHamWater said:
Flashlight change (presumably for the patch).

After:
Z3E6I.jpg

I like this, at least now I can see the dudes feet and know the round about area to shoot in.

parasight said:
Yes! Still think it shouldn't even be a factor in broad daylight but that's much better.

At that distance it's not even a factor, it barely covers partially the body, also, it stays the same on more obscure ambients?

Raide

parasight said:
Yes! Still think it shouldn't even be a factor in broad daylight but that's much better.

It makes perfect sense for it to suck in the day and actually be super effective at night. I wonder if they have thought about that or is it just a blanket nerf?

Yay flashlight fix. Course I rarely encounter flashlights anymore at least on pc. It seems kind of pointless with everyone using the IRNV making it useless

Deadly said:
What was this? the video got taken down

lol.

Some staged jet stealing: 2 snipers on caspian tower were shooting to a ultraslow jet flying in their direction, eventually the pilot gets headshooted and the sniper jumps and steals the jet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom