• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anton Sugar said:
Eh, not REALLY necessary. If anything, I'd like it to just have limited ammo. Even though Support can resupply themselves, could make it take a long time to resupply.

But I still think someone immediately setting up for counter-mortaring is more effective, especially since it's so easy to do. It's infuriating when playing with other Support members who DO have the mortar unlocked, but just stand by while mortars wreck our team. I can't wait to unlock it myself.

Limited ammo is a great idea, can't believe it is unlimited right now lol

Mortars don't need a nerf, they have a big shoot me sign on when used. Players need to learn to look at their maps, counter mortar, and air power should be blowing up the mortars

Twinduct said:
Ouch ... will check the average player count on the dedicated servers once it comes out. 15 dollars is allot of cheese!

It's free for all those who were smart enough to preorder the game

BattleMonkey said:
Outside of the SCAR, why are they nerfing the other 7.62 weapons? Haven't seen any issues with any other one.

Some of them are as effective at mid range as assault rifles, enginners are already useful enough to even stand against assault class. (Even if the F2000 will still pwn you)

Twinduct

Megasoum said:
Wait....people were expecting the expension to be anything less than 15$??? Vietnam was 15$ for BC2 AFAIK and even simple map packs for COD are 15$ nowadays so expecting the same amount of maps + new weapons and vehicles would go for 10$ is just ridiculous.

I come from a different time my friend. One where Activision wasn't setting market trends :p
Having said that, yes I think it's slightly outrages that the DLC has been shown off months before the game even released.

Anton Sugar said:
Eh, not REALLY necessary. If anything, I'd like it to just have limited ammo. Even though Support can resupply themselves, could make it take a long time to resupply.

But I still think someone immediately setting up for counter-mortaring is more effective, especially since it's so easy to do. It's infuriating when playing with other Support members who DO have the mortar unlocked, but just stand by while mortars wreck our team. I can't wait to unlock it myself.

Yeah look, don't need a damage nerf. Just needs some cool-down or something. Luckily I've seen some more counter mortars as of recent.

BattleMonkey said:
Mortars don't need a nerf, they have a big shoot me sign on when used. Players need to learn to look at their maps, counter mortar, and air power should be blowing up the mortars

It's free for all those who were smart enough to preorder the game

The chances of getting a counter mortar team is still damn low in pub games. Not to mention that asshats still take the Planes just to get to point A.

So the F2000 escapes the bat? That thing is a god damn beast. They should call it the F+100 for how easy it is to initiate a killing spree with it.

Gvaz

Banned
Megasoum said:
Wait....people were expecting the expension to be anything less than 15$??? Vietnam was 15$ for BC2 AFAIK and even simple map packs for COD are 15$ nowadays so expecting the same amount of maps + new weapons and vehicles would go for 10$ is just ridiculous.
I never bought Vietnam because my limit for dlcs are $5 tops

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Megasoum said:
It would be fine if game launched with more than 9 maps. It's pretty disappointing how Dice has been skimping on map count more and more with each BF release.

Megasoum

Banned
Gvaz said:

Lol good luck with that. You might be able to get some cosmetic stuff for 5$ nowadays... you won't get any real DLC for less than 15$

Outdoor Miner said:
So the F2000 escapes the bat? That thing is a god damn beast. They should call it the F+100 for how easy it is to initiate a killing spree with it.

Surprised to see that the SCAR gots nerfed but the F2000 beast killing machine avoids it.

PoweredBySoy said:
How could it possibly get any more worthless than it is in its current state?

They should nerf the damn AA vehicles and left the stingers aside, I barely get a kill with it.

Gvaz said:

To be fair Vietnam maps were pretty weak, so you didn't miss too much.

Gvaz

Banned
Megasoum said:
Lol good luck with that. You might be able to get some cosmetic stuff for 5$ nowadays... you won't get any real DLC for less than 15$
Cosmetic stuff I talk to the devil and he sells them to me for cheap ;0
He also gives discounts on dlc

Divius

Relaxed Muscle said:
They should nerf the damn AA vehicles and left the stingers aside, I barely get a kill with it.
Getting shot mid-air with the AA is annoying as fuck since you lose all control, but what's even more annoying when you ask/tell teammates to destroy it and no one does.

&Divius said:
Getting shot mid-air with the AA is annoying as fuck since you lose all control, but what's even more annoying when you ask/tell teammates to destroy it and no one does.

I've got pretty handy with the rocket pods and finishing them off with the canon because of this. Feels boss to fly over the burning wreckage.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Man, I really need to unlock the F2000. I love playing Assault but since I've been playing more conquest lately I've kind of had to be Engineer in order to contribute and do well. I still need like 20k to get to the F2000 and haven't been able to score like that as assault in a while.

&Divius said:

And when they got missiles they can still lock on you even after lauching a flare, at least stinger enginners have to reload the damn stinger and by the time they do, jets are already out of their range.

HotHamWater said:
I've got pretty handy with the rocket pods and finishing them off with the canon because of this. Feels boss to fly over the burning wreckage.

I need you skills, I barely can do any damage with those POS.

Lax Mike

Neo Member
Twinduct said:
So no mortar nerf yet? :p
Mortar doesn't need to be nerfed. Mortars encourage teamwork more than anything else, as it's almost impossible to use effectively without people spotting, and it's really easy to take out with counter-mortars. That being said, I love how no one is ever willing to switch to Support-mortar online, instead just ignoring the problem. It makes using the mortar much less tedious than firing, relocating, and having to carefully pick your shots.

rar

ugh operation firestorm. as someone who prefers to play assault and doesn't hang out in tanks or aircraft, everytime i spawn i have to run incredibly far just to reach a flag where there's some people to shoot at, and most of the time i have to cross a coverless plain of death, usually littered with tanks and watched like hawks by snipers

there should at least be decent routes for infantry to take between objectives with at least cover, and id like it if there were jeeps or atvs that spawn at the flags, it seems the only place vehicles spawn are at the main spawn

Menelaus

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Man, I really need to unlock the F2000. I love playing Assault but since I've been playing more conquest lately I've kind of had to be Engineer in order to contribute and do well. I still need like 20k to get to the F2000 and haven't been able to score like that as assault in a while.
Play as a medic, and let the medkit point train take you to F2000town!

What people forget is that each BF3 map is so huge and detailed that its the equivalent of 4+ CoD/Halo maps in terms of size, and equivalent to 2+ CoD/Halo maps in terms of varied gameplay and locations.

I mean they could easily make 3 Team Deathmatch maps form each of their current batch. For example, Metro TDM map 1 would take place in the park, map 2 would take place in the metro, and map 3 in the area outside the entrance to the metro. Those maps would easily match CoD in terms of area and map design, so DICE could've made 27 CoD style TDM maps from the current 9 maps.

Looks like some SMG's will get small buffs too--sounds like, overall, pistol calibers (SMG's, too) will be buffed.

Enkidu said:
So what were they playing in those videos then? Have they brought back 16 player conquest with its own maps perhaps?

Rainy Dog said:
That'd make me happier than the flashlight nerf if true. But how does that explain the recent 3 flag footage? CQ Assault a separate mode?

No idea, hope this isn't another false promise, like the 7 flag Kharg ordeal. But it wouldn't surprise me if CQ Assault were a separate mode altogether. Would be fucking cool if they converted some of the vanilla maps to CQ Assault, too.

Twinduct said:
I come from a different time my friend. One where Activision wasn't setting market trends :p
Having said that, yes I think it's slightly outrages that the DLC has been shown off months before the game even released.

I don't know, even back in the old days of Expansion Packs, I recall $15-20 being norm. For $15, 4 new maps, 10 weapons, 3 vehicles, and a new reward/Assignments system is reasonable.

Outdoor Miner said:

He did mention that they're looking into it, but need to analyse more stats/data.

PoweredBySoy said:
How could it possibly get any more worthless than it is in its current state?

They did say that near launch--I hope, now that most people have gotten a load of vehicle unlocks, they don't nerf the stinger. It was only OP when people didn't have maintenance/extinguisher/flares.

rar

RibbedHero said:
I mean they could easily make 3 Team Deathmatch maps form each of their current batch. For example, Metro TDM map 1 would take place in the park, map 2 would take place in the metro, and map 3 in the area outside the entrance to the metro. Those maps would easily match CoD in terms of area and map design, so DICE could've made 27 CoD style TDM maps from the current 9 maps.

why didn't they, if they wanted to attract the cod crowd? lure them in with cod-like maps, then maybe they'll eventually transition over to the true bf maps

def sim

I'm fine with how strong the F2000 is, but does it need to be super accurate? It's not an exaggeration to say it's a laser.

Twinduct

Lax Mike said:
Mortar doesn't need to be nerfed. Mortars encourage teamwork more than anything else, as it's almost impossible to use effectively without people spotting, and it's really easy to take out with counter-mortars. That being said, I love how no one is ever willing to switch to Support-mortar online, instead just ignoring the problem. It makes using the mortar much less tedious than firing, relocating, and having to carefully pick your shots.

Would have loved to do that, have yet to touch support tbh.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
RibbedHero said:
Have you played their current offering?

TheContact

I don't see why Jets need a buff. A well placed full belt of bullets can destroy a tank. Partially missing disables it. They take out other air, again, with a full well placed belt of bullets...or heat seeking missiles....or a wire-guided missiles...

Really, it's anti air that needs to be nerfed. The lock on range is too far, and ammo is too plentiful. I know IRL one RPG can take out a fully armored chopper, but IRL the pilot has a lot more room to fly around.

rar said:
why didn't they, if they wanted to attract the cod crowd? lure them in with cod-like maps, then maybe they'll eventually transition over to the true bf maps

Why the hell would anyone do that? CoD crowd wants CoD, let them play that. We already have the problem of some of these maps being too small for large player number. Rather not have to wait at all for "true" bf maps

Phonomezer said:
When does the campaign get better? Just passed the bank, actually fell asleep while playing.

When you switch to MP

Enkidu

Anton Sugar said:
No idea, hope this isn't another false promise, like the 7 flag Kharg ordeal. But it wouldn't surprise me if CQ Assault were a separate mode altogether. Would be fucking cool if they converted some of the vanilla maps to CQ Assault, too.
3 capture points + 2 uncappables would indeed be 5 flags :|
Let's hope that's not the case.

Desaan

rance said:
I'm fine with how strong the F2000 is, but does it need to be super accurate? It's not an exaggeration to say it's a laser.

Have you seen the M16A4? You can empty and entire clip even with a suppressor on and it hardly wanders. I read the F2000 was getting toned down along with the SCAR, because of the F2000 fire rate it makes it just as lethal in CQB so I think it's going to lose some damage for under 20m engagements.

Twinduct

Anton Sugar said:
I don't know, even back in the old days of Expansion Packs, I recall $15-20 being norm. For $15, 4 new maps, 10 weapons, 3 vehicles, and a new reward/Assignments system is reasonable.

Not really, expansions back in the day was way more meaty. Hell Maps was given to you for free 99% of the time!

I'm just peeved for having them show off the DLC release since long before the game was done. They should have honestly either waited until the last few weeks before release. I might not feel so nickel and dime'd.

But that's beside the point, my original reply to Gvaz was based on seeing if the Map pack is actually played in the community. I won't be spending money on something I can't use on local servers. Something I also did for BF3, as BFBC2 was largly undersupported until midway through its life cycle here.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anton Sugar said:
Expansions were 6-8 brand new map designs + weapons and vehicles.

carfo said:
I don't see why Jets need a buff. A well placed full belt of bullets can destroy a tank. Partially missing disables it. They take out other air, again, with a full well placed belt of bullets...or heat seeking missiles....or a wire-guided missiles...

Really, it's anti air that needs to be nerfed. The lock on range is too far, and ammo is too plentiful. I know IRL one RPG can take out a fully armored chopper, but IRL the pilot has a lot more room to fly around.

Actually the thing that bothers me is that a tank shell dosn't kill a chopper or a jet, it's not like you're firing a heat missile, if you hit a chopper from 300 meters with a tank shell, it should be destroyed.

Relaxed Muscle said:
And when they got missiles they can still lock on you even after lauching a flare, at least stinger enginners have to reload the damn stinger and by the time they do, jets are already out of their range.

You don't use the AA vehicles, do you? Because even with the missiles, two of them, it's the exact same situation against jets. You fire the first missile, the pilot flares. Then, even if you reacquire a perfect lock-on for the second missile, by the time it reaches the plane the flares are back up. So, flare again, missile misses. Rinse and repeat. Now that every pilot has their flares and have learned to use their 'sprint', it has been over a week since I've gotten a hit with an AA missile.

The problem is that acquiring that second lock-on is broken, making it take too long. During the second lock-on, even when the plane is well within range, it starts to acquire, but then for some reason drops after a second or two, then restarts the lock-on procedure. There are even times when I get a false lock, where I have tone, but no visible lock. Anyways, it's broken, and those few added seconds are enough for the pilots to recharge flares or break distance.

The only viable way to shoot down aircraft anymore is with the guns, which have a pretty limited range and take a bit of finesse to use. But it doesn't surprise me pilots cry over that too.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Relaxed Muscle said:
Actually the thing that bothers me is that a tank shell dosn't kill a chopper or a jet, it's not like you're firing a heat missile, if you hit a chopper from 300 meters with a tank shell, it should be destroyed.

I shot down a plane with my unguided tank shells yesterday. Was awesome.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
PoweredBySoy said:
You don't use the AA vehicles, do you? Because even with the missiles, two of them, it's the exact same situation against jets. You fire the first missile, the pilot flares. Then, even if you reacquire a perfect lock-on for the second missile, by the time it reaches the plane the flares are back up. So, flare again, missile misses. Rinse and repeat. Now that every pilot has their flares and have learned to use their 'sprint', it has been over a week since I've gotten a hit with an AA missile.

The problem is that acquiring that second lock-on is broken, making it take too long. During the second lock-on, even when the plane is well within range, it starts to acquire, but then for some reason drops after a second or two, then restarts the lock-on procedure. There are even times when I get a false lock, where I have tone, but no visible lock. Anyways, it's broken, and those few added seconds are enough for the pilots to recharge flares or break distance.

The only viable way to shoot down aircraft anymore is with the guns, which have a pretty limited range and take a bit of finesse to use. But it doesn't surprise me pilots cry over that too.

Gonna have to differ with you here. I don't seem to have any problem taking down planes with the AA. Sure, pilots have flares, but it's not as if they are only fighting me. The hardest part about getting kills in the AA is actually spawning and grabbing the AA.

Part of taking out jets is timing your rockets so that you fake the jet out into firing their flares too early.

I believe they know when you're locked on to them, and if you're patient they'll panic.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Anton Sugar said:
They did say that near launch--I hope, now that most people have gotten a load of vehicle unlocks, they don't nerf the stinger. It was only OP when people didn't have maintenance/extinguisher/flares.

The problem with doing anything to the stinger is that it will affect jets and helicopter differently.

When I'm in a jet I don't give a shit about stingers.
When I'm in a helicopter I'm always paying attention to where I can move to break lock.

Stingers are fine---except when half the enemy team has equipped them---it is the mobile AA that is ridiculously overpowered at the moment. I'm always tickled pink whenever some noob on the enemy team is either

a) using the mobile AA as an anti-infantry tank, or
b) thinks the heatseekers are better than the guns on the vehicle

Flying over it only hearing various radar tones is much better than flying over it and having your plane disintegrate in less than 2 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom