• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

artist

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Well for Support I think they make for excellent zone control and fire support. The stability with a bipod is crazy good with the high RPM makes you a killing machine that can lock down areas well and you have excellent range. With IRNV I can lay down somewhere high with bipod out and taking out snipers with ease. If I'm going to be doing long range fire support, I will also be using mortars for support against defended positions. Support is versatile too as they work fairly well even with hip fire because of the high RPM of some of the weapons and ammo counts, or you can put on the foregrips for better in close combat, and c4's for getting into the thick of things. It's my fav class
Thanks, sounds good but IRNV, Mortar etc are still some ways to go for me before I unlock them (I just got the M249)

Doc Holliday said:
I usually don't cry cheater but check this shit out....

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4012866/1/299142133/

92-3 K/D on Grand Bazaar!

Rank 63 in 44 hours
Report him?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
CrookedRain said:
Hah, that was pretty crazy that we tied in points. I've never seen that happen before. Now we just need a three-way tie so we can get all 3 MVP ribbons in one game.

Finally unlocked the KH2002 yesterday. Feels good. I had a couple of really good rounds with it.

Yeah man, what are the odds that we tie? So slim, considering all the kill assist points and whatnot.

As for the cheater, I've seen only one cheater so fan in my 40 or so hours. He went something like 40-1 on every map. He was on my team, so I didn't even notice for a while. It's not like CS where if one guy cheats, it disrupts the whole game. Here, even if one guy cheats, it's not like he can capture multiple flags at once.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
OldJadedGamer said:
All they have to do is look for people with a huge amount of repair ribbons.

And Medic/Revive and Support/Resupply ribbons for those RPG's abusing to repair.

HotHamWater said:
Take the scope of the two semi-auto and provide forward spawns, or get the M39 from co-op and use that.

This, my god the SKS is amazing if you take the scope off. It is now my favorite weapon to use in the game. Once I got the 4x scope it was god tier...love that rifle.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
This game is a complete joke at times, hit someone twice with a shotgun and they get taken to 40%, they hit you twice with a pistol and you die. It's like DICE programs their games to be like this, shit has been happening from at least BF2.

Ikuu said:
This game is a complete joke at times, hit someone twice with a shotgun and they get taken to 40%, they hit you twice with a pistol and you die. It's like DICE programs their games to be like this, shit has been happening from at least BF2.

I have never heard this complaint in any other online FPS game.

Cudder

I had my best game ever last night, Rush on Grand Bazaar, defending. 12k points with all of the ribbons and stuff. Man, healing as Assault nets you MAJOR points if you're in a group of people.

We had at least 8 of our guys all on one end of that huge alley, fighting off an attack coming from the other end. Throw a medpack down in the middle of all of them and watch the points roll in.

I see a lot of people on GAF and elsewhere on the internet wanting DICE to remake BC2 makes for BF3. I just can't see that happening. Why would they, given the wealth of BF maps available, choose to remake the most recent maps? Those are the maps many BF3 players will have played before and may thus be bored with already.

Fake edit: Actually, I could see them redoing BC2 maps for exactly that reason.

artist

Banned
Cudder said:
I had my best game ever last night, Rush on Grand Bazaar, defending. 12k points with all of the ribbons and stuff. Man, healing as Assault nets you MAJOR points if you're in a group of people.

We had at least 8 of our guys all on one end of that huge alley, fighting off an attack coming from the other end. Throw a medpack down in the middle of all of them and watch the points roll in.
Yeah, you can essentially do the same in Metro when you're holding off or trying to attack point B.

RibbedHero said:
I see a lot of people on GAF and elsewhere on the internet wanting DICE to remake BC2 makes for BF3. I just can't see that happening. Why would they, given the wealth of BF maps available, choose to remake the most recent maps? Those are the maps many BF3 players will have played before and may thus be bored with already.

Fake edit: Actually, I could see them redoing BC2 maps for exactly that reason.

It would be real easy to port them over with just some tooling. Remaking old classic BF maps would have them making them from scratch, so like I mentioned, I wouldn't be surprised they port over some of the maps eventually for quick map packs.

BC2 got some free maps ported over from BC1, I do hope that while they plan on doing paid expansions, that they toss in a couple freebies like that in once in a while.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Moaradin said:
3 C4s in the back of a tank is a guaranteed kill for me. Remember that tanks have more armor in the front than in the back.
C4 damage isn't modified by tank armor.'

DarthWoo said:
So we've established that some people do see the AA on the carrier, but are still not sure if it's a PC only emplacement, or if it should also be on the console versions. Can anyone shed some light on this?

It only appears in 64 player modes, at least on Noshahr Canals. No 64-player modes on console, no carrier AA.

Same goes for the mobile AA. Conquest Large has mobile AA on many maps, whereas Conquest doesn't.

Ikuu said:

Answer seems pretty simple: Headshots >>> shotguns.

Rainy Dog

RibbedHero said:

Yep, I don't want any BC2 maps either. Played them to death, will fondly remember a few, but I'm done with them for now. I'm sure I'll go back to them someday, but no desire to do so for the foreseeable future.

I'd rather they came up with brand new maps. Some that are exclusive to CQ or Rush as they always seem better when they're designed from the ground up for one mode or the other.

Wouldn't complain at some BC1/MC maps for consoles and pre BC for PC's eventually, though. At least they'd be safe bets for working with both sets of player counts as I really think they've struggled to accommodate both with some BF3 maps...

xclaw

I wish they'd chop up some of the maps some more for modes like team deathmatch and whatnot. There's no real reason they couldn't create like 3-4 maps for team deathmatch out of a the maps already in game.

Kyaw

It is true that the Viper is MUCH more manoeuvrable.

Are you using Guided Rockets, .nimrod?

I need to unlock them ASAP but i need a competent gunner and a server with not many wannabe helo pilots. :(

.nimrod

Corky said:
pfeh! A video? I have actually been in the chopper with him.*snobradamus*
And that was one of the rare times where i took the Havoc out :D
Probably won't touch that anymore unless they change it to be as agile as the Viper

Kyaw said:
It is true that the Viper is MUCH more manoeuvrable.

Are you using Guided Rockets, .nimrod?

I need to unlock them ASAP but i need a competent gunner and a server with not many wannabe helo pilots. :(
I think i have them equipped, but i'm either used to them or they don't do much haha

belvedere

Junior Butler
.nimrod said:
Probably won't touch that anymore unless they change it to be as agile as the Viper

I think i have them equipped, but i'm either used to them or they don't do much haha

Joystick or kb/mouse?

I've been doing surprisingly well with the kb/mouse (even better than BF2) but was wondering if a joystick could take me to the next level.

.nimrod

belvedere said:
Joystick or kb/mouse?

I've been doing surprisingly well with the kb/mouse (even better than BF2) but was wondering if a joystick could take me to the next level.
kb/m for helos, dualshock/360 pad for jets
but i don't fly jets anymore because they are boring :p

belvedere

Junior Butler
.nimrod said:

Same haha. Got my PS3 controller all setup but after finding my groove with the choppers I have barely touched the jets.

Kyaw

.nimrod said:

They have this aim assist quality to it. You still have to aim properly at the tanks but the rockets won't miss the tank if you have your crosshairs on the tank.

.nimrod said:

Man whats your Battlelog name?, I want to be blessed by being your gunner one of these days.

iam220

Now that reviving doesn't count as a death, no one is complaining about being revived. I have yet to see someone decline to be revived either. This was the solution the whole time, I mentioned this back in the BC2 thread and some of you guys were deathly against it ... bet you love it now, eh? :p

Ikuu said:

Simple explanation: Not all your slugs hit the player and he got you with a head-shot or 2.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
.nimrod said:

What's your control setup with kb/m? Default?

Some tips for maneuvering like you do, please?

mr_nothin

Banned
belvedere said:
So far they're only asking questions to which we already have answers to.

"Are you tweaking the IR scope"
"Yes"
I didnt know they were tweaking IRNV. It's something that I *thought* they would have been looking at but its nice to have it confirmed.

Also, Alan just confirmed something that I knew was going on with playtesting and that's the fact that there are no designated asshole/exploiting playtesters. Everybody's trying to play nice and play BF3 "the way it should be played". Playtesters are going for the optimal experience instead of trying to exploit the game. "Oh I'm not going to use IRNV because that's assholish" and etc.

Kyaw

MrOogieBoogie said:

Keep the crosshairs between 10 and 15 on the Helicopter HUD. The sweet spot is around what it would be 12. That will give you the most speed while maxing throttle/lift. So you will go straight as fast as possible without gaining altitude.

Ok, so just played my first ever TDM and wow was that stressful. I forgot what it was like to actually care about your KDR. We lost but man, what a clusterfuck. I'll get my needed ribbons and stay out of that mode I think.

Ikuu said:

headshots

.nimrod

WOO, he just said that they think the knocking around of the chopper by AA bullets would be too much, let's hope they fix that with the first patch :D

zephervack said:
Man whats your Battlelog name?, I want to be blessed by being your gunner one of these days.
Mk_4
Kyaw said:
They have this aim assist quality to it. You still have to aim properly at the tanks but the rockets won't miss the tank if you have your crosshairs on the tank.
Good to know, i'll keep them then!

MrOogieBoogie said:

I use mouseX to yaw, A/D to roll

U2NUMB

xclaw said:
like the old boat under the map in Vietnam you gotta try everything at least once. :)

No actually you do not have to. Because of this attitude Vietnam was full of "just trying it once" jerks who ended up doing it all the time.

Not once did I have the desire to ruin the game for half those in the room by a glitch.

U2NUMB said:
No actually you do not have to. Because of this attitude Vietnam was full of "just trying it once" jerks who ended up doing it all the time.

Not once did I have the desire to ruin the game for half those in the room by a glitch.

I would play hardcore so I could spawn in the boat with them and TK them.

Seanspeed

Banned
KAOz said:
In the coop mission? Great place for practicing being both pilot and gunner really.

I need my either a good gunner, or a good pilot so I can be a good gunner. Hate when people bail on the first sound of a lockon. Need to squad up with someone who can properly do that shit.
On Ps3.
Co-op is an even worse place to try. Maybe if they had local co-op, but its online only, meaning that anybody thats relying on me to do well has to deal with my ineptness, which simply doesn't happen. I know that my first experience doing that chopper co-op mission involved my partner crashing twice after about 10 seconds, which meant that I wasn't going to stick around any longer considering how long it takes to get back into another try.

Just sayin, dont hate on people just cuz they're not good yet. Some of us are really trying to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom