• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foliorum Viridum said:
I'm willing to sacrifice myself for the cause :) I don't give a shit about KDR.

I have been known to plant mines behind a tank before and when they reverse they blow themselves up, taking me in the process. I felt really good doing that.

Yeah, KDR means shit in this game. All the times I have been MVP, I did not have a positive KDR. Another trick with the Anti-Tank mines is to drop them at your feet then shoot them to make them blow up. It's like a ghetto C4 at that point

commish said:
Also, I found out yesterday if you tie someone for the top points, you get the MVP and MVP #2 ribbons.

I keep getting first or third... but can't for the life of me get second!!!!

1stStrike

Banned
.nimrod said:
I made a helicopter video as well, it starts a bit slow but builds up and is definitely not as boring as the one just posted :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykppMtKRsbk&hd=1

And a short tank hunting montage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-X6jevSBmA&hd=1

edit: btw, that guy talking is CreativeSK, my gunner and a fellow GAFer shouting out targets

Nice flying. I feel like I should hop back in the cockpit to get a bit a better. I can fly quite decently right now, but the problem is staying up long enough. It doesn't help that on the first missile lock my gunner always bails instead of popping flares >_>

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anton Sugar said:
I think it would be nice to set up the GAF server as a practice server on slow days or certain days of the month. Set the pw to something like "practice", change it to unranked, set a low # of players required to start.

Why can't consoles make practice/unranked servers!? THERE IS A FUCKING OPTION FOR UNRANKED THERE DICE. AASDFLKAJDFGDASFJADLKFJADLFALDSAFLJDSLAK;;;;

Kyaw

.nimrod said:
Haha, thanks.
And they really need to patch in the "below radar" unlock for helos, apparently i have it unlocked but it's not in the game o_O

Below radar is apparently a permanent upgrade so you don't have to equip it or anything.

We should roll as pilot/gunner pair.

Seanspeed

Banned
TheSeks said:
Why can't consoles make practice/unranked servers!? THERE IS A FUCKING OPTION FOR UNRANKED THERE DICE. AASDFLKAJDFGDASFJADLKFJADLFALDSAFLJDSLAK;;;;
Yea, that'd be nice. I see all you guys bashing on people who get into choppers and crash them immediately, but how else are we supposed to practice? I can either never get into a helicopter or I can crash a few times til I get the hang of it.

I also didn't realize a gunner could pop flares. Absolutely nowhere is this is explained in the game, like pretty much all the flying controls and features.

Seanspeed said:
Yea, that'd be nice. I see all you guys bashing on people who get into choppers and crash them immediately, but how else are we supposed to practice? I can either never get into a helicopter or I can crash a few times til I get the hang of it.

I also didn't realize a gunner could pop flares. Absolutely nowhere is this is explained in the game, like pretty much all the flying controls and features.

You unlock em.

Binabik15

.nimrod said:
I made a helicopter video as well, it starts a bit slow but builds up and is definitely not as boring as the one just posted :D

edit: btw, that guy talking is CreativeSK, my gunner and a fellow GAFer shouting out targets

Geez, no wonder your avatar is a smug sonofabitch :O I can imagine that playing together is sooo much better, but my pc doesn´t like the internet right now and so I have to sit next to my brother and spot for him instead of playing with him. Hilarity ensues when, in the heat of the moment, he confuses "his" right with my right, forgetting that we´re looking in the same direction.

PS: Was war auf dem Hügel? Konnte man nicht richtig verstehen. I needs to know!

PPS: Leaderboards are funny: the guy with the highest accuracy in the game has 3 kills.

And look at the guy with the highest score per minute, how can someone with 88k ppm and lvl 55 2.5 hours in NOT be banned already?!

Megasoum

Banned
.nimrod said:
And they really need to patch in the "below radar" unlock for helos, apparently i have it unlocked but it's not in the game o_O

Below Radar is a permanent upgrade that you don't have to activate. Once it's unlocked it's always on in the background.

.nimrod

Kyaw said:
Below radar is apparently a permanent upgrade so you don't have to equip it or anything.
Megasoum said:
Below Radar is a permanent upgrade that you don't have to activate. Once it's unlocked it's always on in the background.
Oh it is? I always thought it wasn't since it didn't feel like it would work, weird.

Kyaw said:
YES

Binabik15 said:
PS: Was war auf dem Hügel? Konnte man nicht richtig verstehen. I needs to know!
It's ALWAYS the enemy AA tank on that hill :p

edit:

OgTheClever said:
And is currently glitched and doesn't work for the choppers.
ah. that's what i thought

Zeppelin

Gah, I really hate playing as recon. The rifles feel disgusting and I don't get any spawns on my beacons and no spots on my T-UGS. It really doesn't fit my play style at all...

So what's the difference between the two sensitivity options in the PC version? After watching the heli video, I have the feeling that I've something set too low for the controller.

KAOz

Short bus special
Seanspeed said:

In the coop mission? Great place for practicing being both pilot and gunner really.

I need my either a good gunner, or a good pilot so I can be a good gunner. Hate when people bail on the first sound of a lockon. Need to squad up with someone who can properly do that shit.
On Ps3.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Zeppelin said:
Gah, I really hate playing as recon. The rifles feel disgusting and I don't get any spawns on my beacons and no spots on my T-UGS. It really doesn't fit my play style at all...

So, ummm... don't place Recon?

Zeppelin said:

I'm going to max out the classes and I can tell that Recon will be last.

ElyrionX

Zeppelin said:

Forget the beacon unless you have a good squad. And don't even bother with the TUGS. It's worthless. The MAV is where all the recon action is at.

Also, forget the semi-auto rifles. Spend a bit of time with the SV98 and you might discover the immense feeling of satisfaction when you start consistently getting headshots.

CreativeSK

Neo Member
.nimrod said:

Ah i remember that game. Pretty fun! eventhough it could have been much better :D

Kyaw said:

Don't you steal my pilot! :D

Qwell

I really wish they would have brought back the motion grenade from BC2 instead of going with the TUG, especially since the TUG can be destroyed it never seems to provide any good spotting since you have to "plant" it in the ground.

Qwell said:
I really wish they would have brought back the motion grenade from BC2 instead of going with the TUG, especially since the TUG can be destroyed it never seems to provide any good spotting since you have to "plant" it in the ground.

The motion sensor is/was great.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination

xclaw

So much boosting, at least on PS3. Had to try it out myself for a bit and got so much hate mail it was comedy gold. Didn't last long as playing the game is more fun but still, like the old boat under the map in Vietnam you gotta try everything at least once. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
xclaw said:
So much boosting, at least on PS3. Had to try it out myself for a bit and got so much hate mail it was comedy gold. Didn't last long as playing the game is more fun but still, like the old boat under the map in Vietnam you gotta try everything at least once. :)

Enjoy being banned and stats reset!

commish said:
I've been playing with Assault class more and more, and it's actually pretty good. The M416 is just a great, great weapon, and the 320 is very useful. I know rockets are the bee's knees, but I can't deny that on the infantry-focused maps (e.g., Bazaar), the revive kit is just a lot more useful to capturing and holding points. On the open maps, though - forget it. You need something to deal with vehicles, unless your teammates are actively shutting them down (instead of waiting on the runway for planes, choppers, the AA, a tank, etc). Unfortunately, the infantry-focused maps tend to be the ones people like least - it's rare that I play the dam or metro maps at all anymore, and Seine angers people as well.

Also, I found out yesterday if you tie someone for the top points, you get the MVP and MVP #2 ribbons.
Hah, that was pretty crazy that we tied in points. I've never seen that happen before. Now we just need a three-way tie so we can get all 3 MVP ribbons in one game.

Finally unlocked the KH2002 yesterday. Feels good. I had a couple of really good rounds with it.

artist

Banned
Tips on playing Assault class?

So far my playtime is evenly split with the other three classes. I just find Assault class boring as I dont feel its enough rewarding or has the advantages .. I usually play as Engineer/Recon on big maps and Medic on smaller maps.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Question....

So last night I was playing on a server and I was able to pick the SVD and MK 11 rifles. Is this a server option or was it a hacked server. I have not unlocked either rifle.

irfan said:

So far my playtime is evenly split with the other three classes. I just find Assault class boring as I dont feel its enough rewarding or has the advantages .. I usually play as Engineer/Recon on big maps and Medic on smaller maps.

Assault is good long range killer, and in a way I think it can be a better sniper than actual recons, but assault class really needs to get a bunch of shit unlocked to get better IMO, as they start out pretty weak. The GL also is great.

jorma

is now taking requests
irfan said:

but.. Assault IS the medic!?

jorma said:
but.. Assault IS the medic!?

In a way, but see alot of assaults basically removing the medic equipment and just playing straight assaulter. They basically took medic out of the game for this BF and made it optional equipment...

jorma

is now taking requests
BattleMonkey said:
In a way, but see alot of assaults basically removing the medic equipment and just playing straight assaulter. They basically took medic out of the game for this BF and made it optional equipment...

But then the support class is missing from his list..:)
edit: that's what i thought :p

i play support with the m249 and the IRNV sight and a flash suppressor to reduce recoil. I run with mortar on early seine, early metro and bazaar, and c4 on the others. I tried the claymores, but staying alive long enough to have them triggered can be tricky :)
I tend to not be the one arming the mcom, but i try to make sure i get in there when someone does to lay down preventive fire.

Well that's how i play support anyway.

Binabik15

I had something weird happening today: I was in a defending tank on Caspian, got hit by a mortar, I guess, and slowly made a backflip, with my tank coming to rest on it's back. Sucked, I was totally destroying another tank.

Nabs

I need to adjust my play style a bit. I'm not making people mad enough :(

Had some fun on TDM and CQ last night. The MAV is pretty awesome, I just wish I could get more roadkills.

Spl1nter

Nabs said:
I need to adjust my play style a bit. I'm not making people mad enough :(

Had some fun on TDM and CQ last night. The MAV is pretty awesome, I just wish I could get more roadkills.

MAV roadkills are so glitchy.

aznpxdd

DICE better patch this game soon, the game is really pissing me off on how hard it is to start playing. I have to constantly restart my PC b/c BF3 would crash and fuck up my sound (with a constant bzzzzzzz unless I restart). Then sometimes when I join a game, the performance would just be shit for no apparent reason. I have to restart and for the game to run smooth again.

Kyaw said:

No it's not. It's simply not implemented. I still get locked when flying as close to the ground as possible

irfan said:
Sorry I meant the Support class. I've unlocked most of the goodies on the Assault (medic) class.

Well for Support I think they make for excellent zone control and fire support. The stability with a bipod is crazy good with the high RPM makes you a killing machine that can lock down areas well and you have excellent range. With IRNV I can lay down somewhere high with bipod out and taking out snipers with ease. If I'm going to be doing long range fire support, I will also be using mortars for support against defended positions. Support is versatile too as they work fairly well even with hip fire because of the high RPM of some of the weapons and ammo counts, or you can put on the foregrips for better in close combat, and c4's for getting into the thick of things. It's my fav class

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom