• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcrae

Seanspeed said:
Like I said, I was never able to be the gunner. Only pilot or passenger. Seems people just wait around to jump in the heli as soon as it appears in the list just like I was(sorry team!), so I never got the chance.

When I was pilot, like I said, we just got shot down as soon as I got near the action as I dont have flares unlocked yet. I'm fairly comfortable flying now(as in, I'm not a complete idiot in the pilot seat), but I'm no expert or anything yet. Swooping along the ground without hitting anything isn't really in my ability just yet, and probably wont be until I actually get more flying time.

Playing on the 360 here, by the way.

Didn't know I could do that, thanks. Thing #3923493 that are never explained to you in the game!

ah, when you said passenger i thought you meant gunner. not sure why, lol. probably because i was just watching a couple attack helicopter vids and the passenger in those helis is the gunner.

the low player count is always best for leveling air vehicles

1stStrike

Banned
Spl1nter said:
keyboard only is not optimal. I switch between keyboard only and kbm according to situation.

I really don't have any issues with keyboard only. I'm able to aim quite well and whip those choppers around pretty easily, even at fast low altitude flying. Now, I do suffer a bit in jets, but I've already given up on those and don't give a rats ass :p

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
24FrameDaVinci said:
Am I seeing this correctly? An EA exec just announced Battlefield 4?

http://bit.ly/tguhF0

BF4 features new hat, BF3 now obsolete.

cashcowy.jpg

Please don't be yearly releases.

To be fair though it wasn't said when just that there will be. I think any moron could have guessed that eventually BF4 would be made, duh right.

I really hope they wait a few years and just plan on supporting BF3 a while with maps and perhaps new weapons. B2K is the type of DLC model I want to see with BF3 for a few years, new maps, new guns, new modes.

Darklord

Banned
24FrameDaVinci said:

You mean there is going to be another Battlefield game after this only sold 5 million in one week? Crazy! Next you'll be telling me there will be another Call of Duty next year!

scogoth

Anton Sugar said:
lol.gif

Let's unlock some shit tonight. I salivated over vids of the TV missile last night.

Did lots of flying this morning and am getting better at not hitting light posts. Caspian still my favourite heli map because of the tree cover.

Anton Sugar said:
DICE needs to find a new fucking publisher. How many face palms just occurred in Sweden?

Unless I missed something the only thing he mentioned was that there will be a BF4. How is that surprising? Seriously I don't see how that's "facepalm" worthy whatsoever.

Tallshortman said:
Unless I missed something the only thing he mentioned was that there will be a BF4. How is that surprising? Seriously I don't see how that's "facepalm" worthy whatsoever.

I'm more or less looking at it in the big picture. Horrible marketing campaign, "focus was shifted to consoles", etc., all came from EA. I even think, shortly after a DICE rep said they were planning on supporting BF3 for "years", an EA rep said the next day, "yeah, we're planning on alternating MOH and BF on a yearly release cycle."

This is the first 48 hours since the release I haven't played the game.

Withdrawal guys, withdrawal. I'm going to be juggling it with MW3 this weekend like I'm a clown yo.

scogoth

Foliorum Viridum said:

Withdrawal guys, withdrawal. I'm going to be juggling it with MW3 this weekend like I'm a clown yo.

You are banished to the codmw realm. Never shall you return

Divius

Foliorum Viridum said:

Finally I can drive care-free around Bazaar Market

Megasoum

Banned
I think it's pretty clear now that they are planing on doing alternate years like the COD franchise... So BF one year, Medal of Honor the next year, BF the year after, MOH after, rince and repeat until both franchises are completly dead (see Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero for reference).

DietRob

Conceptor said:
Well now I know what to work towards! Fantastic flying man, that was really fun to watch.

Agreed. I just now got the chance to watch it and I was literally breathless and sitting on the edge of my chair for most of it.

Nicely done!

Seanspeed

Banned
Conceptor said:
Well now I know what to work towards! Fantastic flying man, that was really fun to watch.
That video is precisely the reason I'm intent on becoming good at flying the heli's. Being the gunner in that helicopter with him must have been sweet.

.nimrod

Thanks guys, at first i just wanted to upload that 2min montage thing but decided to upload an extra video with all the footage of that round up to show that you can survive for a while in a chopper.
Adding some music made it surprisingly epic, i really like the slow buildup :D

FStop7

Banned
24FrameDaVinci said:

Eh...

I would like to see a 4 year cycle: A new Battlefield game that establishes major technology updates. Then a new MoH game the following year leverages the engine. Then a new Bad Company game (or a WW2 game) the third year. And then start over again.

Invalid download Cache on origin.

Finally got around to playing this after about a week and I get that error message when logging in to origin.

Any fixes ?

FStop7

Banned
outsida said:
I feel dirty because I enjoy sniping in BF3. I usually detest sniping in online games.

I enjoy the spotting aspect of recon. Think you're gonna sneak up on my team? I think not, bitch.

DietRob

Doc Holliday said:
So was there an update? Saw Origin was updating Bf3 when i Launched this morning.

That was just an update to Origin if it's the same one I got this morning.

mcrae

how long does a spot last on a player?
what results in players appears on your minimap?
whats the difference between 2d and 3d spotting? there are options the server can enable right? what do they do?

outsida

FStop7 said:
I enjoy the spotting aspect of recon. Think you're gonna sneak up on my team? I think not, bitch.
MAV spotting or just regular spotting? There have been times where I've had my MAV in the air for entire matches... 0-0 but tons of points from spotting.

1stStrike

Banned
scogoth said:
Did lots of flying this morning and am getting better at not hitting light posts. Caspian still my favourite heli map because of the tree cover.

I've been flying a lot today too. Pretty confident now, and finally unlocked the air radar. I'll have to see if that's worth using over stealth.

Also, I agree, Caspian is the best helicopter map. Every other map leaves you WAY too exposed as a chopper pilot.

well then, i guess EA honored those Russian keys sold by the likes of intkeys

Origin Update version 8.3.7 Now Available – REQUIRED FOR BATTLEFIELD 3

-A new update for Origin, version 8.3.7, is now available and is required for Battlefield 3. This update contains several fixes and changes to Origin, which are detailed below:

-Fixes an issue that caused downloads to go past 100% completion.

-Users installing the Russian disk version of BF3 should no longer be improperly asked to insert disc 1.

-Fixes a number of issues that previously caused the Origin client to crash.
Improves the performance of the Origin browser when loading flash-based applications.

-Addresses a number of minor localization and user experience issues.

-Adds the ability to download and install third-party games from Origin.

-Improves the performance of the game update functionality.

I'm getting tired of my file being corrupted. I'm only losing my load outs because I only play MP, but the message and the attempt to load the file is annoying.

Woo-Fu

Banned
OldJadedGamer said:
Stingers are worthless with unlimited flares. The only way they would work is with two Engineers firing at the same time.

That is incorrect, both your assumption that it is the only way they would work *and* that it would actually work. :)

Both fire at the same time both go for the same set of flares.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
zephervack said:
And he also sounds like he thinks Recons are overpowered where its actually the furthest from the truth.

He thinks snipers are underpowered!

Laughinggirls.jpg

No. Just... no. T-UGS "prospecting" shotguns with that = deadly. UMP/PP-2000 = deadly with that.

SOFLAM = Jet's/Helicopters/Anti-Air on Norshal taken out with a Javalin = useful.

MAV = spots-a-hoy-hoy.

Add in the sniper rifles for camping people and they're far from "underpowered."

The only issue is the stupid semi-auto damage, but that's mostly by design and you have to deal with it.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
OldJadedGamer said:
Stingers are worthless with unlimited flares. The only way they would work is with two Engineers firing at the same time.

You shame all us Engineers out there.

Stinger > Jets.
Flares only delay the inevitable.

AndyD said:
This on PC it does not last long. As soon as its annoying, someone takes care of it. Very satisfying to knife a mortar operator.

funny you say that because you cannot knife a mortar operator (or at least you have a low chance of it working). its a bug.

It is the best feeling in the world using unguided rockets to take down helicopters.

I am becoming very good at putting it in the path of a moving object and predicting where it is going to be, even at very long ranges... I absolutely love this weapon, I love seeing a sniper glint way across the map and not having a hope in hell of surviging a bullet fight with the guy and popping up, fire and forgetting a rocket at him and BOOM he's dead and because he's prone he can't move out of the way of the explosion radius fast enough to survive.

It is the best counter sniper maneuver in the game.

I like the other classes, but without the rocket launcher, every other class just becomes second fiddle to me and I can't find myself playing them. When you can't take out vehicles, what is the point of playing those classes?

Support is the only other class to use because of C4 and getting up close and personal to vehicles is so satisfying, and Recon and SOFLAM is brilliant, but the Engineer class is so brilliant, and I haven't even started using the SCAR yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom