• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Kyaw said:
Keep the crosshairs between 10 and 15 on the Helicopter HUD. The sweet spot is around what it would be 12. That will give you the most speed while maxing throttle/lift. So you will go straight as fast as possible without gaining altitude.

How about key bindings? Default?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anton Sugar said:
Someone needs to ask if they'll retrofit Conquest Assault into the vanilla BF3 maps.

That, plus add Unranked servers/practice servers to the consoles versions.

Oh and FIX THE FUCKING CO-OP ALERT MISSIONS.

Oh and... PUT MY BFF MP-443 ON US AND RU SIDE. Along with the M9, but fuck the M9. I don't WANT to choose the silencer or flashlight to get it on the US team. WTF DICE?

Keasar

When they release Back to Karkand, can we convert the EU GAF server to B2K+Firestorm only? Maybe Caspian and Kharg Island can come too.

Canals needs some work when it comes to air...the flight ceiling is low you have to be very careful when flying the jets on that level. Nothing better than trying to avoid a dozen stinger missiles by doing some maneuvers into the dead zone and come to a stop. Only to be blown to bits a second later.

grkazan12

For the most part I think I configured the Helicopter and Jet controls the best I could to console versions, but I for some reason cannot assign Yaw Left and Yaw Right to the Left Analog Stick. It just won't notice it for some reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, yaw is so crucial and integral.

I'm playing on a 360 controller via the Wireless Receiver BTW.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Snkfanatic said:
Canals needs some work when it comes to air...the flight ceiling is low you have to be very careful when flying the jets on that level. Nothing better than trying to avoid a dozen stinger missiles by doing some maneuvers into the dead zone and come to a stop. Only to be blown to bits a second later.

There's jets on Canals?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Snkfanatic said:

Canals feels like a poorly thought out map all around but yeah, trying to maneuver a jet on it is a goddamn nightmare. I've given up trying to make them useful on it.

Also, the 64 player version of that map could really use some extra CPs. There's so much wasted space to the left of the canal CP.

belvedere

Junior Butler
zephervack said:
lol at him saying that he hasn't experienced the mortar abuse, yeah right lol

Funny he took a stab at snipers and they were joking about the IRNV being a camper detector as well.

Awesome haha.

Kyaw

MrOogieBoogie said:
How about key bindings? Default?

I'm using default 360 pad bindings with a PS3 pad.
It just feels a lot more natural to me that way because i flew a lot on the PS3 version of BC2.

belvedere said:
Funny he took a stab at snipers and they were joking about the IRNV being a camper detector as well.

Awesome haha.

Yeah, a camping mortar in the out of bounds area is the same as a sniper with direct line of sight.

And he also sounds like he thinks Recons are overpowered where its actually the furthest from the truth.

belvedere

Junior Butler
zephervack said:
Yeah, a camping mortar in the out of bounds area is the same as a sniper with direct line of sight.

And he also sounds like he thinks Recons are overpowered where its actually the furthest from the truth.

Yeah it was hard to tell because at one point he was making fun of himself. The sarcasm in his tweets definitely came across in that QA though.

Woo-Fu

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
Are you playing on console? I've never heard or seen complaints of mortar abuse on pc

A pc user will switch to mortar on respawn if the other team is effectively mortaring. It only takes one person focusing on counter-mortar to put an end to the spam.

ErasureAcer said:
If you use a no flash option do you still show up on the mini map? This game has become kill someone, reveal position on map, die. Repeat.

Solution: less camp, more maneuver. Better yet, turn that minimap ping to your advantage, setup claymores or C4 on the route they'll come to get you.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Woo-Fu said:
A pc user will switch to mortar on respawn if the other team is effectively mortaring. It only takes one person focusing on counter-mortar to put an end to the spam.
This on PC it does not last long. As soon as its annoying, someone takes care of it. Very satisfying to knife a mortar operator.

KAOz

Short bus special
I just played a couple of games with the most retarded Engineer ever. Seriously.

I spawned on him, and helped him spot in his tank so many times. (It was only two of us in the Squad so.)
Do you know what he does as soon as the damage on it reaches less than 50%?

RUNS AWAY, FROM THE TANK!! Only to wait for it to blow up, so he can go back to base and grab a new one! WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK!?

This game makes me rage so hard sometimes.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
KAOz said:
I just played a couple of games with the most retarded Engineer ever. Seriously.

I spawned on him, and helped him spot in his tank so many times. (It was only two of us in the Squad so.)

RUNS AWAY, FROM THE TANK!! Only to wait for it to blow up, so he can go back to base and grab a new one! WHAT IN THE FLYING FUCK!?

maybe he had mines?

Woo-Fu

Banned
Just because he is an engineer doesn't mean he has a repair tool. I often have AT Mines instead of repair tool. If I see a tank just sitting there I will grab it even if I can't repair it.

Mr Sandman said:
True, but anti mortar duty is extremely boring.

It takes only a few seconds to perform and then you are one your way doing another task. A majority of my mortar kills come from killing other mortars since they are marked for you, I get my kill or kill and then move on, rarely using the mortars for any other purpose outside of rush attacks. I play mainly support so I usually have c4, but if I see mortars being used, I switch to mortars on respawn just to get the easy kills.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
KAOz said:

Possible that he's got his engineer class spec'd without the repair tool? Depending on the map/mode, I sometimes spec engineer with AT mines instead of the repair tool.

EDIT: Wow, beaten mercilessly.

fifasnipe2224 said:
Is the Gaf server still hosted by Multiplay or did we change providers?

The 32 player Rush server is still Multiplay--I forget who hosts the Deuce server. EOReality?

We're looking into switching from Multiplay if they can't fix the crashing.

PjotrStroganov said:
I can't comfortably fly the chopper with m/kb though it obviously is the best option if you want precision. You can lone wolf in a chopper but having extra flares can be super helpful. I'm always calling out my perks when I get in the gunner seat with a random guy.

You really do need a gunner with flares if you want to stay up in the air. I usually lone wolf it, and even though I get kills pretty easily with no gunner, I'll end up with 3 or 4 guys with a new found vendetta against me because of dying to my helo, aiming stingers at me with no regard for the objective anymore because of how bad they want me down.

Binabik15

Can you play co-op from the same internet connection?

My brother invited me, I accepted, his game is loading, I´m still on battlelog with nothing game-y popping up.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
True, but anti mortar duty is extremely boring.

Maybe for you.

I really like it. Mainly because I know that the people I'm countering are getting pissed off because they fire one mortar and then die while they can't do the same thing to me because I only counter and move after every shot.

A few minutes of that and I can either go full on mortar knowing that they've given up or I can switch to some other build.

Woo-Fu said:
Maybe for you.

I really like it. Mainly because I know that the people I'm countering are getting pissed off because they fire one mortar and then die while they can't do the same thing to me because I only counter and move after every shot.

A few minutes of that and I can either go full on mortar knowing that they've given up or I can switch to some other build.

Yup if I see a mortar nest, I just get easy kills then move on. If they form again more mortar spam, one again, anti mortar them for easy kills, move on.

Playing against a well-organized squad or two is scary. Yesterday I was playing Rush on Metro (PS3) and we were facing a few clan-mates, all level 35+. Extremely efficient is an understatement for how easily they ran over us. It's one of the only times I've ever been in a game with a balanced player count and felt like I didn't stand a chance at all. They were extremely aggressive, once they got near an objective there was no hope of getting rid of all of them, even if our team got 10-15 kills in the general area.

1stStrike

Banned
Rofl, I just finished recording a video of flying with just the keyboard for the keyboard only naysayers, and then I get the message from FRAPS saying the drive I was recording to is full and it can't save. Time to do another one lol.

grkazan12 said:
For the most part I think I configured the Helicopter and Jet controls the best I could to console versions, but I for some reason cannot assign Yaw Left and Yaw Right to the Left Analog Stick. It just won't notice it for some reason.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, yaw is so crucial and integral.

I'm playing on a 360 controller via the Wireless Receiver BTW.

Reset configs and try again? I had to do that a lot of times until I got the best personal setup, everytime I tried to change again the key bindings, some actions couldn't get changed or wouldn't recognize some button bindings.

The_Darkest_Red said:
Playing against a well-organized squad or two is scary. Yesterday I was playing Rush on Metro (PS3) and we were facing a few clan-mates, all level 35+. Extremely efficient is an understatement for how easily they ran over us. It's one of the only times I've ever been in a game with a balanced player count and felt like I didn't stand a chance at all. They were extremely aggressive, once they got near an objective there was no hope of getting rid of all of them, even if our team got 10-15 kills in the general area.

I and some randoms were facing a clan with 4/5 members level 30+, a few hours ago, we had both m-comm intact, they had 15 tickets left, victory was almost ours ( I thought we were doing a very good job, even if we were a team of randoms, at one point they were even raging), most teams would have lost the match, but they did take the secon m-comm with zero tikets and steamrolled on the last batch.

I wasn't even mad, obviously they must have do some pretty amazing teamwork to pull through.

FStop7

Banned
A friend at worked asked me about Battlefield after hearing me mention it to someone else.

Rather than describe the game I showed him the Caspian Border trailer and said "This is the game." I can't really think of many other times when the final product really lives up to the trailer.

Seanspeed

Banned
Seanspeed said:
Co-op is an even worse place to try. Maybe if they had local co-op, but its online only, meaning that anybody thats relying on me to do well has to deal with my ineptness, which simply doesn't happen. I know that my first experience doing that chopper co-op mission involved my partner crashing twice after about 10 seconds, which meant that I wasn't going to stick around any longer considering how long it takes to get back into another try.

Just sayin, dont hate on people just cuz they're not good yet. Some of us are really trying to learn.
Ok, so I finally got to doing the co-op chopper mission as the pilot. Crashed once, but then got through it the second time. Helped immensely and I felt fairly comfortable flying it and positioning it how I wanted. So I thought I was ready to do it in multiplayer. Nope. Well, I am, but some moron design decision to not give me ANY sort of defence against lock-on rockets made it so I never got more than maybe 30 seconds in the air before getting shot down.

And every other time I tried to join a helicopter, it was either full or I joined as a passenger, in which case all I could do was get a couple spot bonuses.

Spent a full hour flying around in helicopters and got a whopping 40 points total. God damn, this is frustrating. I just want to be able to use a helicopter, but the game is punishing me for that desire big-time.

Fuck.

Seanspeed said:
Ok, so I finally got to doing the co-op chopper mission as the pilot. Crashed once, but then got through it the second time. Helped immensely and I felt fairly comfortable flying it and positioning it how I wanted. So I thought I was ready to do it in multiplayer. Nope. Well, I am, but some moron design decision to not give me ANY sort of defence against lock-on rockets made it so I never got more than maybe 30 seconds in the air before getting shot down.

And every other time I tried to join a helicopter, it was either full or I joined as a passenger, in which case all I could do was get a couple spot bonuses.

Spent a full hour flying around in helicopters and got a whopping 40 points total. God damn, this is frustrating. I just want to be able to use a helicopter, but the game is punishing me for that desire big-time.

Fuck.

Go to a Jet/heli training server, in those AA is not allowed (but there's always some moron that uses it).

It might be still punishing, but should be less frustrating. I know it helped me.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Ok so Squad Rush is actually just boosting mode. Every game I've joined of squad rush is just people arming and disarming MCOM stations.

mcrae

Seanspeed said:

Fuck.

well first off, if you're the gunner and not retarded and your pilot isnt retarded you should easily get over 300 points in an hour... not sure how you failed so hard there..

on pc most of the time you cant spawn in a helicopter, you gotta sit and wait for it to respawn

if you're 'comfortable' flying in the heli, then you should know how to run 'away' from the lockon, avoid it by flying a couple meters over the ground and around buildings and such. if its another helicopter thats locked onto you.. good luck :/

.nimrod

Seanspeed said:

Fuck.
Find a 16-32 player server (less people means less potential stingers) and land or hover at flags, 1 neutralize + capture and you have flares unlocked.

Binabik15 said:
Can you play co-op from the same internet connection?

My brother invited me, I accepted, his game is loading, I´m still on battlelog with nothing game-y popping up.
i have the same issues.
can't connect to a second computer in my home when i want to coop.
but connecting to a buddy 3000mi away? no problem! ;/

Seanspeed said:

Fuck.

I agree that the vehicle unlocks are completely inane, but if you spent an hour in a chopper and only got forty points, you were with some shitty pilots. Hell, use a transport chopper and land at a base to cap it. Easy points!

redhot_

Ok seriously how hard is it for this game to save my damn class load outs! All day today all my guns get mixed up each game i start. This is possibly more annoying then the mics not working correctly on PS3 for me.

Seanspeed

Banned
mcrae said:
well first off, if you're the gunner and not retarded and your pilot isnt retarded you should easily get over 300 points in an hour... not sure how you failed so hard there..

on pc most of the time you cant spawn in a helicopter, you gotta sit and wait for it to respawn

if you're 'comfortable' flying in the heli, then you should know how to run 'away' from the lockon, avoid it by flying a couple meters over the ground and around buildings and such. if its another helicopter thats locked onto you.. good luck :/
Like I said, I was never able to be the gunner. Only pilot or passenger. Seems people just wait around to jump in the heli as soon as it appears in the list just like I was(sorry team!), so I never got the chance.

When I was pilot, like I said, we just got shot down as soon as I got near the action as I dont have flares unlocked yet. I'm fairly comfortable flying now(as in, I'm not a complete idiot in the pilot seat), but I'm no expert or anything yet. Swooping along the ground without hitting anything isn't really in my ability just yet, and probably wont be until I actually get more flying time.

Playing on the 360 here, by the way.

.nimrod said:
Find a 16-32 player server (less people means less potential stingers) and land or hover at flags, 1 neutralize + capture and you have flares unlocked.
Didn't know I could do that, thanks. Thing #3923493 that are never explained to you in the game!

Spl1nter

1stStrike said:
Rofl, I just finished recording a video of flying with just the keyboard for the keyboard only naysayers, and then I get the message from FRAPS saying the drive I was recording to is full and it can't save. Time to do another one lol.

keyboard only is not optimal. I switch between keyboard only and kbm according to situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom