• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoggyFreek

Ryan_ said:
Downloaded the new nVidia drivers.

I can play on medium now without any stutter or lag but the game keeps freezecrashing after 5 minutes. I'm sick of it.

Sorry to say; it's a BETA driver.. give feedback on the Nvidia forum.

Choke on the Magic said:
I completely agree with this. Squad management is shit. Sometimes when playing with friends I can't even join their squad with an open spot.

When a group of people have joined in a party it goes to being a private squad even if there's a room left, they will have to open it but it's possible.

Smokey

Backfoggen said:

Meh. Still undecided if I should upgrade or not. I'm still rocking the OG beta drivers from the BF3 beta. I do get the annoying green flashes from time to time, but performance wise I'm fine. 1080p, Ultra everthing, 60fps+ at all times in MP. Then again I am running 580 SLI...

I have just learned from the past to not upgrade if everything is working fine...And why is there still no 3D profile added for BF3 GG nvidia. Weekend coming up that means it's time for more BF3 action. Been out of the game for the most part on weekdays.

Sanjay

Smokey said:
Meh. Still undecided if I should upgrade or not. I'm still rocking the OG beta drivers from the BF3 beta. I do get the annoying green flashes from time to time, but performance wise I'm fine. 1080p, Ultra everthing, 60fps+ at all times in MP. Then again I am running 580 SLI...

I have just learned from the past to not upgrade if everything is working fine...And why is there still no 3D profile added for BF3 GG nvidia. Weekend coming up that means it's time for more BF3 action. Been out of the game for the most part on weekdays.

I will have to, Skyrim SLI config :D

daedalius

Think these new drivers will improve some of the mouse-lag issues?

Its gotten better since messing with my mouse drivers, polling rate, dpi, etc, but still isn't gone, and sometimes is still really bad.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anton Sugar said:
Suppressor also reduces recoil and bullet speed/distance at long range. If you're in a close quarters area/map, there's pretty much no negative to using a suppressor.

I think there's no negatives to using a suppressor on all maps (provided it works). Sure, maybe you can't kill a guy 100m away as easily, so there's that, but so many of my kills are based off of someone else appearing on my mini-map for some reason.

I went into a 24/7 Metro server yesterday. WTF was I thinking?

Sanjay

Arcipello said:
hopefully not, it wouldnt work on ANY of the maps we currently have :(

Would work on the four best conquest maps Noshahr Canals, Kharg Island, Firestrom & Caspian Border. It would certainly make the maps way more active then what they are now.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
New drivers haven't fixed the random 0% GPU usage problems I've been having. Shit is incredibly annoying and has gotten me killed almost every time it has popped up.

belvedere

Junior Butler
commish said:
I went into a 24/7 Metro server yesterday. WTF was I thinking?

I did the same on a 64 player version, I thought the cluster fuck would be a great opportunity to get points. That was totally the case haha.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
ild892.jpg

Fuck with me ? then i'l kick you down and unload one to your face.

This game is so good.

Binabik15

I guess I´m done with this game for the forseeable future.

Conquest isn´t really my thing, but whenever I step into a Rush server there´s level 40 mortar-ds, spawnrapers and other unpleasant things while I don´t even know where the hell the m-coms are on those maps. I guess my 2 week late start is breaking my neck there. Plus, playing with randoms is like getting teeth pulled most of the times, but I have no BF buddies. I guess I was spoiled when I was rolling with a squad that managed to win 10 Ace Squad ribbons in 10 ten games, of which we won 9. I want them back :(

All playing right now does is killing my skill level, my ppm and, most important, my awesome 2.X W/L ratio. It´s down to barely over 1 already.

Plus, I swear the GAF clan tag jynxed me. Same thing happened on BC2 on pc. Once I put that in, my game turns to shit.

Co-op and LOLSP it is, then.

Binabik15 said:
I guess I´m done with this game for the forseeable future.

Conquest isn´t really my thing, but whenever I step into a Rush server there´s level 40 mortar-ds, spawnrapers and other unpleasant things while I don´t even know where the hell the m-coms are on those maps. I guess my 2 week late start is breaking my neck there. Plus, playing with randoms is like getting teeth pulled most of the times, but I have no BF buddies. I guess I was spoiled when I was rolling with a squad that managed to win 10 Ace Squad ribbons in 10 ten games, of which we won 9. I want them back :(

All playing right now does is killing my skill level, my ppm and, most important, my awesome 2.X W/L ratio. It´s down to barely over 1 already.

Plus, I swear the GAF clan tag jynxed me. Same thing happened on BC2 on pc. Once I put that in, my game turns to shit.

Co-op and LOLSP it is, then.

If you're on PC, you have no excuses, brah. We play just about every night.

the drivers fucks up alt+tabbing out of the game. when you go back in the game the Framerate starts to run all over the place.

Also the stuttering is still there. :|

dkeane

Had my first enjoyable match on Metro Conquest last night. I equipped the smoke rounds and whenever our team got bogged down I blasted a couple of them which let us run past the enemy. The level still sucks for conquest but it was tolerable. Loving this game - just wish there were more maps. December can't get here soon enough.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, those rush videos remind me of something that was suggested with BC2 and looks still unchanged.

You can arm/disarm without facing the MCOM and while still holding a weapon. No separate animation for the action.

And its explosion does not kill you. To prevent camping on top of it, it should kill in a short immediate vicinity when it blows.

mr_nothin said:
I'm not getting any sort of crashing at all and I have my 570 OC'd like hell.
Well, maybe it's because I have the bf3.exe doing the "run as admin" trick? I wasnt getting much crashing anyways but the new drivers are rock solid for me
pray tell

Spl1nter said:
I play. You, you abandon us every night.

Hey, some of us have work early, early in the morning. We're not all 14 year old kids who eat pasta for hours.

Plus, my last two "exits" have been due to hard-locks/comp crashes.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:
Hey, some of us have work early, early in the morning. We're not all 14 year old kids who eat pasta for hours.

Plus, my last two "exits" have been due to hard-locks/comp crashes.

I have to wake up early to eat my pasta!

dkeane said:
Had my first enjoyable match on Metro Conquest last night. I equipped the smoke rounds and whenever our team got bogged down I blasted a couple of them which let us run past the enemy. The level still sucks for conquest but it was tolerable. Loving this game - just wish there were more maps. December can't get here soon enough.

How long does it take to unlock smoke rounds? I haven't really used the M320 at all.

Spl1nter said:
I have to wake up early to eat my pasta!

lol.gif

Zeppelin

Arcipello said:
hopefully not, it wouldnt work on ANY of the maps we currently have :(

Yeah... to be honest I don't really see the point in 128 players. The current maps would be too crowded and if you spread things out more I'm not sure you'd get a sense of more players being on the server anyway.

On a side note: The MAV - pretty fucking useful on maps like Caspian, unless your team consists of a bunch of god-damn retards. Watching the mini-map now and then seems way too complicated for some people...

los

Anton Sugar said:
How long does it take to unlock smoke rounds? I haven't really used the M320 at all.

I think it's 20 kills with it. You get shotgun shells at 10 kills, then the smoke.

kitch9

Banned
BigBlackGamer said:
the drivers fucks up alt+tabbing out of the game. when you go back in the game the Framerate starts to run all over the place.

Also the stuttering is still there. :|

Turn off Hyper threading for smooth creamy shit .

Nopren

Have the devs talked about implementing the ability to use your mouse to select spawn points on the map? It can be hard to see which spawn point is which amidst all the blinking and ammo/health icons.

AndyD said:
Hmm, those rush videos remind me of something that was suggested with BC2 and looks still unchanged.

You can arm/disarm without facing the MCOM and while still holding a weapon. No separate animation for the action.

And its explosion does not kill you. To prevent camping on top of it, it should kill in a short immediate vicinity when it blows.
it's already bad enough to try to win on attack, you want to make it even worse? maybe there should be a bioshock-like minigame where you wire the fuses to arm the charge!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So these new drivers make shit crash for people huh? Guess I'm staying on the previous set of beta drivers.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Saften said:
Have the devs talked about implementing the ability to use your mouse to select spawn points on the map? It can be hard to see which spawn point is which amidst all the blinking and ammo/health icons.

Or at least change the color of the blinking cursor. Sometimes there are 3-4 blinking things.

That UI redesign posted sometime back made so much sense.

AndyD

aka andydumi
The Faceless Master said:
it's already bad enough to try to win on attack, you want to make it even worse? maybe there should be a bioshock-like minigame where you wire the fuses to arm the charge!

I think the time is short enough and it wont change much of anything. And it would work the same for defense anyway to disarm.

new drivers are stable for me. GTX 580 OC'd. no crash, no freeze.
mouse lag is gone but my fps is negative in that department, not positive.
about 5-8 less fps.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
Ice Raven said:
new drivers are stable for me. GTX 580 OC'd. no crash, no freeze.
mouse lag is gone but my fps is negative in that department, not positive.
about 5-8 less fps.

Were you crashing a lot on the previous set of drivers?

mcp

Neo Member
los said:
I think it's 20 kills with it. You get shotgun shells at 10 kills, then the smoke.

Yeah its 20 kills. Spam the GL in the alley on Grand Bazaar and you will get there in no time...

Nobody seems to know how to deal with smoke seeing as it is used so rarely. I love using it on seine crossing to cover an advance. Also there is nothing quite like firing smoke grenades into the middle of the clusterfuck that is 64player conquest on metro, seine or damavand and watching everyone lose their shit.

If you are sitting by an ammo box you can pretty much fire them as fast as you can reload.

So which drivers are working better for you Nvidia guys? I heard good things about 285.67 last night, now some mentions of 285.79. I'm still using 285.35.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom