• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
HotHamWater said:
Takes 80,000 XP to go from rank 44 to 45. Takes 230,000 to get to 46. :/

I stopped caring about leveling a while ago, at least my overall level. Class unlocks and weapon unlocks is a great system.

Can someone explain or link to an explanation for the leveling/service star setup? I thought 45 was the "final" rank, but you can get Service Stars, similar to prestiging (but without the reset)?

Rainy Dog

los said:
I think it's 20 kills with it. You get shotgun shells at 10 kills, then the smoke.

Yup, 20 kills. I've been working on unlocking it myself. I feel like cheese noob-tubing folk when I should be shooting them (or even knifing them in some instances), but what can you do?

Anton Sugar said:
Can someone explain or link to an explanation for the leveling/service star setup? I thought 45 was the "final" rank, but you can get Service Stars, similar to prestiging (but without the reset)?

45 is the final rank in terms of all kit unlocks, it's something stupid like 145 total though. You get a weapon service star for every 100 kills with that weapon (2000) and you get a class service star (10,000 XP) everytime you hit the max XP it takes to get all the unlocks for that class.

So, as soon as you get the last unlock with engineer, you get a service star. After that, the bar is replaced with the amount of XP it takes to unlock everything for that class (like 145,000), and then you'll get another service star once you reach that.

I probably did a really shit job of explaining that.

Yeah, that was pretty shitty.

:D

The only missing link for me is actually leveling--I know about the weapon leveling, and the kit leveling, but after 45, it starts going up to 46+ and just has insane amount of XP required each time?

Binabik15 said:
I guess I´m done with this game for the forseeable future.

Conquest isn´t really my thing, but whenever I step into a Rush server there´s level 40 mortar-ds, spawnrapers and other unpleasant things while I don´t even know where the hell the m-coms are on those maps. I guess my 2 week late start is breaking my neck there. Plus, playing with randoms is like getting teeth pulled most of the times, but I have no BF buddies. I guess I was spoiled when I was rolling with a squad that managed to win 10 Ace Squad ribbons in 10 ten games, of which we won 9. I want them back :(

All playing right now does is killing my skill level, my ppm and, most important, my awesome 2.X W/L ratio. It´s down to barely over 1 already.

Plus, I swear the GAF clan tag jynxed me. Same thing happened on BC2 on pc. Once I put that in, my game turns to shit.

Co-op and LOLSP it is, then.
whats your battlelog name? I'm usually on with friends daily. My name is MrNightman

mr_nothin

Banned
Rainy Dog said:
Yup, 20 kills. I've been working on unlocking it myself. I feel like cheese noob-tubing folk when I should be shooting them (or even knifing them in some instances), but what can you do?
The m320 is the best way to clear out the hallways on D. Peak. Expect to get tons of kills

Mazdarati

Neo Member
Eclipsis said:
Canister Shell for the tanks: freaking wow. Thing bulldozes through infantry like it's nothing.

This.

After two shots with main gun on a tank I will quick fire the canister shot at the tank and often get an infantry kill on someone trying to repair it.

artist

Banned
Mazdarati said:
This.

After two shots with main gun on a tank I will quick fire the canister shot at the tank and often get an infantry kill on someone trying to repair it.
The canister shot is a different button?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Anton Sugar said:

Same here. Getting a bit confused with all of this. I'm at level 45 with two service stars. Battlelog tells me I'm at level 47, and I don't unlocking anything and still a Colonel but with X number of stars. I'm guessing 145 will be General?

It takes an insane number of points to level up though. I now need 230,000 points to level up. Why is it that DICE seems to underestimate their progression system everytime? :)

Not that the carrot is the only thing that matters, but it would be nicer if I needed more time to unlock more stuff, maybe not weapons but other goodies. Skins, etc.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
excaliburps said:
Same here. Getting a bit confused with all of this. I'm at level 45 with two service stars. Battlelog tells me I'm at level 47, and I don't unlocking anything and still a Colonel but with X number of stars. I'm guessing 145 will be General?

It takes an insane number of points to level up though. I now need 230,000 points to level up. Why is it that DICE seems to underestimate their progression system everytime? :)

Not that the carrot is the only thing that matters, but it would be nicer if I needed more time to unlock more stuff, maybe not weapons but other goodies. Skins, etc.
Well, it DOES give you plenty of room to try everything. The only downside is that eventually everyone will be grinding the guns they don't like in classes they're not used to. At the least, every gun can be modified for different ranges.

rvy

Banned
"You can be my wingman anytime". Most annoying Achievement ever. It's not even hard, it's just very poorly done. You have to start over from the beginning of the mission every time.

artist

Banned
Mazdarati said:
No, it's same button to fire, but requires switching to secondary weapon.
Is that as simple as pressing 1 & 2? Never tried it in a tank yet .. in fact havent played much in vehicles yet because of the spawn fighting :D

Also how do you switch the firing mode on the guns?

Zeppelin

MustacheBandit_ said:
I am not too impressed with cannister weapon on tanks. reload takes too long.

That's why you immediately switch back to regular shells and fire off one of those. Canister shells are insane.

irfan said:
Is that as simple as pressing 1 & 2? Never tried it in a tank yet .. in fact havent played much in vehicles yet because of the spawn fighting :D

Also how do you switch the firing mode on the guns?
Yeah, either 1/2 or F for tank. V is firing mode on guns.

EVIL

HotHamWater said:
45 is the final rank in terms of all kit unlocks, it's something stupid like 145 total though. You get a weapon service star for every 100 kills with that weapon (2000) and you get a class service star (10,000 XP) everytime you hit the max XP it takes to get all the unlocks for that class.

So, as soon as you get the last unlock with engineer, you get a service star. After that, the bar is replaced with the amount of XP it takes to unlock everything for that class (like 145,000), and then you'll get another service star once you reach that.

I probably did a really shit job of explaining that.
I hope we will be able to unlock new stuff soon. I mean if it stops at 45, then they could have capped it to 50. why would you go to rank 145 and have 100 levels without unlocking anything. Although the problem with adding new content is those who leveled to like level 75 for example will suddenly get all those weapons that might have been added after level 45.

Anton Sugar said:
45 you get the colonel emblem and from there, you just get service stars on the emblem, up to 100 of them.

Cudder

So, what is the last attachment you unlock for each weapon? I thought once you get a Service Star for a weapon that meant that there are no more unlocks for that weapon, or am I wrong?

Kyaw

So me and Corky just had fucking awful games. Team loses all the flags 3 minutes in for FOUR STRAIGHT GAMES.

I'm raging so much...

Jtrizzy

Man PC gaming is such a pain in the ass. I'm really starting to regret spending all this money to build a 580/2600k system for this game. Game is now constantly crashing in the campaign, I've tried all the different "fixes" and fucking drivers, nothing works. The game was running fine, but the mouse was stuttering. So no I can't even play, the game just crashes after 5 minutes. I've tried running everything on high.

Really wish I could just play this on PS3 with 1080p/60. Instead of playing games, I end up on the fucking internet scouring forums to fix my $1500 PC.

Jtrizzy said:
Man PC gaming is such a pain in the ass. I'm really starting to regret spending all this money to build a 580/2600k system for this game. Game is now constantly crashing in the campaign, I've tried all the different "fixes" and fucking drivers, nothing works. The game was running fine, but the mouse was stuttering. So no I can't even play, the game just crashes after 5 minutes. I've tried running everything on high.

Really wish I could just play this on PS3 with 1080p/60. Instead of playing games, I end up on the fucking internet scouring forums to fix my $1500 PC.

1. You paid too much.
2. You built it wrong.

MNC

What the fuck is the thing that makes a slushing and whistling noise constantly. I couldn't find it but I kept hearing it.

mxgt said:

Amazing video. That guy has style, class, and humor.

Jtrizzy said:

bluerei said:
1. You paid too much.
2. You built it wrong.

3. All of the above.

So much this. Could've built an equally as fast system for half as much. I spent 1/3rd as much for an equally fast system, actually.

Actually, even faster, since my shit doesn't crash and runs beautifully. ;D

mr_nothin

Banned
BoobPhysics101 said:
Amazing video. That guy has style, class, and humor.

3. All of the above.

So much this. Could've built an equally as fast system for half as much. I spent 1/3rd as much for an equally fast system, actually.

There is absolutely no way you spent $500 with a card that's as fast as a 580 and a cpu that's as fast as a 2600k.

And his game crashing has less to do with him building it wrong and more to do with the game being buggy.

Jtrizzy

You could build a system with a 2600k and a 580 for $750? Anyway I had a friend help me build it at first, then had a professional tear it down and rebuild it.

toxicgonzo said:
Is anyone else really impressed with the bi-pod mode? I thought that was really cool.

I am really impressed with the level of detail that has gone into the bipods. At first I had trouble setting it up on certain surfaces too, but I picked up a "feel" on how to set it up consistently with no fuss and its great.

Smokey

BoobPhysics101 said:

Highly doubt it. You can say he overpaid but you did not get an "equally fast system" as a 2600k and a 580 for 1/3 the price.

StevieP

Banned
Jtrizzy said:
You could build a system with a 2600k and a 580 for $750? Anyway I had a friend help me build it at first, then had a professional tear it down and rebuild it.

2500k (same CPU, pretty much) and a 580? Absolutely. Unless you are starting completely and entirely from scratch or have an SSD, in which case it would be closer to $1000 than it would $750.

Jtrizzy said:

Given that the combined cost of those 2 parts alone is ~750 give or take I find that highly unlikely.

@BoobPhysics101

I challenge you to present to me a list of parts that would build a PC from scratch for $500 that gives the same performance as a 2600k and 580.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom