• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jtrizzy said:
You could build a system with a 2600k and a 580 for $750? Anyway I had a friend help me build it at first, then had a professional tear it down and rebuild it.

It's $650 for the 580 and 2600k so you probably cant build a computer with those specs for $750 but you definitely don't need 1500 bucks to build a awesome system. Oh and the "Professional" part is hilarious.

StevieP said:
2500k (same CPU, pretty much) and a 580? Absolutely. Unless you are starting completely and entirely from scratch or have an SSD, in which case it would be closer to $1000 than it would $750.
i could bake a cake for $1 if i didn't have to buy all the ingredients.

bluerei said:
It's $650 for the 580 and 2600k so you probably cant build a computer with those specs for $750 but you definitely don't need 1500 bucks to build a awesome system.

Where are you buying from that sells a 580 sub $400 (not a barn burning sale like MicroCenter had a monthish ago)? 2600k is 280ish new at the cheapest (excluding sales).

bluerei said:
It's $650 for the 580 and 2600k so you probably cant build a computer with those specs for $750 but you definitely don't need 1500 bucks to build a awesome system. Oh and the "Professional" part is hilarious.
yeah, but who's arguing that $1500 isn't high? everyone is saying $500-750 is just a ridiculous statement. i did chuckle at the professional part though...

Jtrizzy

bluerei said:

Why? the guy builds pc's/does major installs for a living. He did a great job with the cable management and is licensed by nvidia.

Tallshortman said:
Second hand? Please don't tell me you're advocating buying second hand PC parts...

How was I advocating anything? I was only showing him that it's possible to find the card under 400 bucks. Whether you should buy from Ebay is another discussion.

The Faceless Master said:
you can get a used one for $400!

i just checked...

seller listing also says NO RETURNS

Found 7 brand new under 400.

Jtrizzy said:
Why? the guy builds pc's/does major installs for a living. He did a great job with the cable management and is licensed by nvidia.

Sure did a great job with all the problems you're having.

bluerei said:
How was I advocating anything? I was only showing him that it's possible to find the card under 400 bucks. Whether you should buy from Ebay is another discussion.

how is that not advocating, and where are these new cards under $400?

i only saw one for $400 and one for $375, both used.

mr_nothin

Banned
bluerei said:

Sure did a great job with all the problems you're having.
Even people who have their rig built *correctly* are having problems. It's not something that only ppl with incorrectly built rigs are having.

Microcenter had deals on ocassion this year for the gtx 580s for around $320.

OYhMg.jpg

K/D = 8/6

And still I was the MVP, all thanks to my new found love!

HJRnA.png

MVP #2 was my gunner

Because I didn't tell anyone to buy it. And the 'buy it now' ones are sold out, but there are ones with bids ending in minutes under 400.

computers putin' said:
I'm assuming you were just aiming at vehicles at not infantry, correct?

I killed a few infantry but even vehicles my gunner would always get the kill, his machine gun was faster then my rockets :p

I'd disable them and get a kill/destroy assist, he would get disable assist and kill+destroy

Metalmurphy said:
I killed a few infantry but even vehicles my gunner would always get the kill, his machine gun was faster then my rockets :p

I'd disable them and get a kill/destroy assist, he would get disable assist and kill+destroy

Nice. A good gunner seems almost as hard to find as a good pilot lol.

mr_nothin

Banned
computers putin' said:
Nice. A good gunner seems almost as hard to find as a good pilot lol.
I love playing as gunner and taking out the pilot and gunner of another heli w/o destroying/disabling the heli. Aim for the cockpit and they'll be dead in no time.

Zeppelin

Oh God, the MAV on Caspian is so good... I just racked up 9 surveillance ribbons in one round.

Btw, anyone else noticing problems with it on Seine? It won't hold its altitude.

Demon Ice said:
So is anyone else unable to join or host a CO OP game on PC? It's giving me a "Game got disconnected" error.

Both you and your friend need to forward a shit load of ports. Lemme see if I can find them.

*edit*

TCP: 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

I plan on joining you PC guys soon, once I can trade a Skyrim Key for a BF3 key in a few days.
Nice to see competent pilots and drivers, I like piloting a bit more than gunning though. I fell less vulnerable.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Zeppelin said:
Oh God, the MAV on Caspian is so good... I just racked up 9 surveillance ribbons in one round.

Btw, anyone else noticing problems with it on Seine? It won't hold its altitude.

Can't wait to unlock it :D Support and Recon are my favorite classes so far. Support is just a monster with m249 plus IR scope, Recon are just modern ninjas lol.

Zeppelin

Doc Holliday said:
Can't wait to unlock it :D Support and Recon are my favorite classes so far. Support is just a monster with m249 plus IR scope, Recon are just modern ninjas lol.

I honestly hated playing recon up until I got the MAV (although I do feel better about the SVD since I decided to start shooting people in the head with it). Now it's pretty fucking glorious. Just hover your MAV over Hilltop and spot the shit out of the enemies. If your team is somewhat decent they'll pick 'em off like... cherries from a cupcake!

Edit: Cool detail, the MAV displays the time on the screen. GMT time sure, but still!

The moment I see a MAV in the air I'm equipping a stinger for the rest of the match just to knock it down

Recon is a cool class though.The gadgets are more helpful then I initially gave them credit for, and rolling with an unscoped bolt action and dropping fools with it is just badass.

Zeppelin

mr_nothin said:
So does the MAV do 3D spotting too?

Not sure... the guys I was talking to while spotting aren't that good with the HUD... I'm sure someone else has the answer though! But I got the feeling that their screens lit up like fucking christmas trees when I spotted a chunk of like 5 dudes occasionally.

computers putin' said:
The moment I see a MAV in the air I'm equipping a stinger for the rest of the match just to knock it down

:(

computers putin' said:
Recon is a cool class though.The gadgets are more helpful then I initially gave them credit for, and rolling with an unscoped bolt action and dropping fools with it is just badass.

Indeed, fuck the scopes. I find anything above the 4x ACOG pretty useless for my playstyle. Also, according to bf3stats.com it seems like the MAV spots counts as spots for the T-UGS too. :|

MNC

Unlocked EOD, fucking demolished a tank with dat Wall-E. Also some people.

It controls like a fucking camel on a turdslide though jesus

sorry man, it's just to effective to let it roam around in the air unchecked. If you're on my team using the MAV though you're definitely okay in my book.
Indeed, fuck the scopes. I find anything above the 4x ACOG pretty useless for my playstyle. Also, according to bf3stats.com it seems like the MAV spots counts as spots for the T-UGS too. :|

Yep, I'm not far enough from the action to use of the higher powered scopes. I just gotta be near the front lines

EVIL

MNC said:

To bad I can't cap a point with it. would have been the best point cap trol

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Zeppelin said:
I honestly hated playing recon up until I got the MAV (although I do feel better about the SVD since I decided to start shooting people in the head with it). Now it's pretty fucking glorious. Just hover your MAV over Hilltop and spot the shit out of the enemies. If your team is somewhat decent they'll pick 'em off like... cherries from a cupcake!

Edit: Cool detail, the MAV displays the time on the screen. GMT time sure, but still!

You using the SVD instead of the sv98? I can't wait to unlock the m98. Thing looks so badass.

bluerei said:
Because I didn't tell anyone to buy it. And the 'buy it now' ones are sold out, but there are ones with bids ending in minutes under 400.
and the completed listing for the ones with bids almost all end over $400, and the ones that ended under were red listing aka minimum price not met.

Metalmurphy said:
http://imgur.com/OYhMg.jpg[IMG]

K/D = 8/6

And still I was the MVP, all thanks to my new found love!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/HJRnA.png/IMG]

[spoiler]MVP #2 was my gunner[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

The best thimg about BF is that the vast majority of the time your KDR means nothing.

Demon Ice

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Both you and your friend need to forward a shit load of ports. Lemme see if I can find them.

*edit*

TCP: 9988, 20000-20100, 22990, 17502, 42127
UDP: 3659, 14000-14016, 22990-23006, 25200-25300

Thanks a lot man, appreciate it.

Beaner

MNC said:

It seems to be a bit better controlling with a gamepad, so you can turn while moving forward. Guess if you feather the analog sticks it doesn't spin out like with keyboard

abuC

This issue with my resolution is getting on my last nerve, it's displaying out at probably 720p. Sometimes the game starts in 1080p, but I don't have any control over the options in the menu, then when I "fix" it the game looks much blurrier than it did. I've looked it up and a lot of people are having the same issue, but nobody offers up a solution for it.

The game says it's 1080p in the menu, but Im 100% certain it's not because of the fact it looks so much better when I can't control anything in the menu on a 1 to 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom