• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

abuC said:
This issue with my resolution is getting on my last nerve, it's displaying out at probably 720p. Sometimes the game starts in 1080p, but I don't have any control over the options in the menu, then when I "fix" it the game looks much blurrier than it did. I've looked it up and a lot of people are having the same issue, but nobody offers up a solution for it.

The game says it's 1080p in the menu, but Im 100% certain it's not because of the fact it looks so much better when I can't control anything in the menu on a 1 to 1.

Is that when the game jumps out to 720p windowed mode then you pop back in?

I've been having that problem as well, so it actually degrades graphics quality?!

Nub Alert (regarding recon anyway): Can you attack with this MAV unit or is it purely spotting? And I assume if its only spotting you only get points when someone actually kills an enemy you've spotted?

abuC

aznpxdd said:
Is that when the game jumps out to 720p windowed mode then you pop back in?

Yeah, to control anything in the menu I have to alt-tab out, then max the window, then click on my screen for it to go full screen. After I do that, it's like the screen has been smeared with oil, everything is now much blurrier than before.

I've even played the game when I can't control anything in the menu, I just hit enter to deploy, and the difference is really noticeable. The chat box, map and other things on the screen are smaller too.

aznpxdd

abuC said:
Yeah, to control anything in the menu I have to alt-tab out, then max the window, then click on my screen for it to go full screen. After I do that, it's like the screen has been smeared with oil, everything is now much blurrier than before.

I've even played the game when I can't control anything in the menu, I just hit enter to deploy, and the difference is really noticeable. The chat box, map and other things on the screen are smaller too.

Hmm...I don't have to go through all that. When the game pops to a window, I just click the game and it goes to full screen again - I don't lose control of the menus or anything. Maybe we are having a different problem.

mcrae

Stephen_drewz said:
Nub Alert (regarding recon anyway): Can you attack with this MAV unit or is it purely spotting? And I assume if its only spotting you only get points when someone actually kills an enemy you've spotted?

you can run people over. i dont know exactly how, ive read that you need to get a good speed and it helps to approach from behind, it may be buggy.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Stephen_drewz said:

You can attack/roadkill yes. It's good for killing equipment with EMPs. Otherwise there is no other attack on the MAV.

Gui_PT

Man, grinding this last co-op mission to unlock weapons is horrible.
Does anyone on the 360 want to do it with me this weekend? I just want to get this done with.

If you're interested, PM me please!

abuC

aznpxdd said:
Hmm...I don't have to go through all that. When the game pops to a window, I just click the game and it goes to full screen again - I don't lose control of the menus or anything. Maybe we are having a different problem.

I don't always have to do that, that's when the game is actually running 1080p, for some reason the mouse and screen aren't on a 1:1 in the menu. So, if I want to highlight options, the mouse cursor will be near the bottom of the screen. If I actually play it looks great, and I can hit what Im shooting at, but I can't change classes or anything.

Gui_PT said:
Does anyone on the 360 want to do it with me this weekend? I just want to get this done with.

The EBR is like the only good gun you get from the CO-OP unlocks, unfortunately.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Jtrizzy said:
You could build a system with a 2600k and a 580 for $750? Anyway I had a friend help me build it at first, then had a professional tear it down and rebuild it.

How much of a boost in performance did that give you.
Im thinking of doing the same.

My 2500K + 570 build just isnt performing as i had hoped, im gonna give to a pro to rebuild it, as im sure by rebuilding the PC with the exact same parts as before his professional hands will be able to net me a good 10 - 20% boost in awesomeness.

Just last week i did something similar with my car, i had a professional fill my tank for me, same fuel as always but his professional hands got me 20HP extra....im am satisfied.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
DTKT said:
Really tired of the "get shot while behind cover" stuff.
Every FPS I've ever played has the special "Run around a corner from gun fire // you are already dead" fun fun fun cover system.

mr_nothin

Banned
Black_Stride said:

My 2500K + 570 build just isnt performing as i had hoped, im gonna give to a pro to rebuild it, as im sure by rebuilding the PC with the exact same parts as before his professional hands will be able to net me a good 10 - 20% boost in awesomeness.

Just last week i did something similar with my car, i had a professional fill my tank for me, same fuel as always but his professional hands got me 20HP extra....im am satisfied.
Well, I mean, his friend could have had bad cable management which would cause bad airflow and make his CPU/GPU run hotter which would lower his OC'ing ability.

So with better cable management and airflow, he is able to get a higher clock speed on his CPU/GPU which would net him a 10-20% gain in awesomeness.

SpeedingUptoStop said:
Every FPS I've ever played has the special "Run around a corner from gun fire // you are already dead" fun fun fun cover system.
This is not a valid argument. It's alot more apparent in some games over others. Take CSS for example...yes it does have the "homing bullets" syndrome that plagues every other game but it's NOWHERE near as bad as BF3 and does a great job at hiding it while also seeming way more fair than what we have with BF3. It also doesnt happen as far into cover as it does in BF3. I can have a whole wall and a half of cover in front and behind me and still die in bf3. In CSS it's more like you just rounded a corner.

Black_Stride said:

this can't be serious...

I'm pretty sure the 'rebuilding' doesn't change the way in which things are connected inside your PC. So theres no way you could get a performance boost from that.

Idk why but this sounds like those BEst Buy "HD Cable" Scams.

The most you could gain from a rebuild is losing any dust that has been accumulated in your systems fans/heatsinks, which might lower the temps but it shouldn't raise performance.

mr_nothin

Banned
Cuban Legend said:
this can't be serious...

I'm pretty sure the 'rebuilding' doesn't change the way in which things are connected inside your PC. So theres no way you could get a performance boost from that.

The most you could gain from a rebuild is losing any dust that has been accumulated in your systems fans/heatsinks, which might lower the temps but it shouldn't raise performance.
He was being cheeky...but read my post above anyway

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
mr_nothin said:
This is not a valid argument. It's alot more apparent in some games over others. Take CSS for example...yes it does have the "homing bullets" syndrome that plagues every other game but it's NOWHERE near as bad as BF3 and does a great job at hiding it while also seeming way more fair than what we have with BF3. It also doesnt happen as far into cover as it does in BF3. I can have a whole wall and a half of cover in front and behind me and still die in bf3. In CSS it's more like you just rounded a corner.
I ain't nevah played CSS. :(

Jtrizzy

I had the guy rebuild it because the cable management was horrible, and I had him OC it for me. I also had him set it up so that when I wasn't gaming, my 2600k did all of the work. to save energy. Problem was that he had set so that the mobo was outputting video, but that wasn't allowing me to do 3D so I had to revert back to using the mini hdmi port on my 580 (twin frozr)

I've never been able to get Crysis 2 to run with DX11/Texture pack, BC2 is now crashing as soon as it tries to load into the game. BF3 was running really well for most of the campaign but is now crashing. Metro 2033 doesn't do well either.

FINALBOSS

Banned
Gui_PT said:

I grinded the first co-op with randoms to get all the guns and I felt like killing myself. I did it just for the G3A3 because of the high damage output only to find out it shoots slow as fuck and sucks.

bluerei said:
You're looking at completely different listings than I am then. That must suck. But WOW ALL THESE SOLD UNDER 400!

$395!

$360!

$345!
all of those say used.

let's recap here...

Tallshortman said:
Where are you buying from that sells a 580 sub $400 (not a barn burning sale like MicroCenter had a monthish ago)? 2600k is 280ish new at the cheapest (excluding sales).

bluerei said:

The Faceless Master said:
you can get a used one for $400!

i just checked...

seller listing also says NO RETURNS

bluerei said:
Found 7 brand new under 400.

how is that not advocating, and where are these new cards under $400?

i only saw one for $400 and one for $375, both used.

Ice Raven said:
Microcenter had deals on ocassion this year for the gtx 580s for around $320.

bluerei said:
Because I didn't tell anyone to buy it. And the 'buy it now' ones are sold out, but there are ones with bids ending in minutes under 400.

and the completed listing for the ones with bids almost all end over $400, and the ones that ended under were red listing aka minimum price not met.

no DICE

Cuban Legend said:
this can't be serious...

well, if he installed some of the RAM wrong, a professional could improve performance by installing them right!

abuC

all of those say used.

let's recap here...

no DICE

My 580s were $410 each.

And they're on Newegg for $550.

wbaob7.gif

My roommate and I threw down some Co-op for the first time earlier... and it was some janky times. Rubber banding, difficulty walking through door ways, weak stuff. Looks I won't get that G3 after all. The second mission was just plain boring, and it involves a two-man helicopter gun run. Ah, well. I got two class service stars in MP and it's time to pick up another one.

Ryuuga

Banned
Back to disconnecting constantly. This seems to happen during the latter half the week. I hope this isn't a regular occurrence due to high server traffic.

Jtrizzy

well, if he installed some of the RAM wrong, a professional could improve performance by installing them right!

Actually this is exactly what he did. My friend put the ram in the wrong place on my mobo. Ended up getting the PS3 version till all this shit gets sorted out. Pretty stark difference going from Ultra in 1080p with a good framerate to low at 30 in sub hd. Still fun either way, but they do need to tighten up the aiming on PS3.

cdyhybrid

Great, one of those days. Every game I join, I die after capping our first point, the other team immediately caps all three, and holds all of them for the rest of the game. Leave, find another game, same exact thing.

Repeat ad nauseum.

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
So, is the MCOM defender ribbon bugged or am I just doing it wrong? I've played a lot of rush, and it's the only ribbon I don't have.

Also, when you spot with the MAV do the enemies show up on the minimap only for your teammates is it the 3d spotting?

mcrae

dear smokeyGAF:

i didnt see you on my minimap the first time you asked for ammo, so i stopped paying attention to it. didnt feel you shoot me nor notice you run-by me.

then second time you started complaining i figured you had died since the first time, and since you didnt reiterate your ammo request i didnt bother again, so dont know why you double flipped.

either way i stand by my advice that you should 'use less bullets'

sincerely, mcrae

CatPee

Raul_Atreides said:
So, is the MCOM defender ribbon bugged or am I just doing it wrong? I've played a lot of rush, and it's the only ribbon I don't have.

Also, when you spot with the MAV do the enemies show up on the minimap only for your teammates is it the 3d spotting?

You need to kill an enemy WHILE they're arming an M-COM. :\

Varna

Newest beta drivers have been fantastic. Overall the same frame-rate, but no clashes so far either. Don't notice many graphic glitches either.

mcrae

i want more stats: hits per minute, score per minute per gun, a heat map of hit locations, basically everything that the cool stats mods had for counterstrike 1.6 8 years ago

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
CatPee said:
You need to kill an enemy WHILE they're arming an M-COM. :\

Good god, and you have to do that 4 times in a round. How pointlessly difficult. It takes dudes like 2 seconds to arm. I got hundreds of the analogous pins in BC2 just by playing the damn game, never thought it would be this hard. Thanks for the reply.

The desire to play assault and support is there, but damn I feel so lost without any anti-tank equipment. Everytime I step out of the engineer class I seem to find myself constantly near tanks and with nothing to deal with them. The ability to take out a tank and then continue on with what you were doing is too valuable for me.

cdyhybrid

Stephen_drewz said:
The desire to play assault and support is there, but damn I feel so lost without any anti-tank equipment. Everytime I step out of the engineer class I seem to find myself constantly near tanks and with nothing to deal with them. The ability to take out a tank and then continue on with what you were doing is too valuable for me.

Support has C4!

Stephen_drewz said:

You just have no clue how deeply in love with C4 you will become.

CatPee

Support + C4 is far, far more efficient to take down a tank than Engineers, in my opinion. Simply sneak up to a tank, stick 3 C4s, and boom. Vehicle Disabled + Destroyed + Enemy Killed/x2.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
mcrae said:
dear smokeyGAF:

i didnt see you on my minimap the first time you asked for ammo, so i stopped paying attention to it. didnt feel you shoot me nor notice you run-by me.

then second time you started complaining i figured you had died since the first time, and since you didnt reiterate your ammo request i didnt bother again, so dont know why you double flipped.

either way i stand by my advice that you should 'use less bullets'

sincerely, mcrae

Or you could throw the ammo pack every ten seconds and/or when you stop near someone.

BUT NO LETS NOT THROW OUT KIT ITEMS. DERP DERP.

(Not singling you out in particular but it pisses me off)

TheSeks said:
Or you could throw the ammo pack every ten seconds and/or when you stop near someone.

BUT NO LETS NOT THROW OUT KIT ITEMS. DERP DERP.

(Not singling you out in particular but it pisses me off)
I compulsively toss medic kits all over the ground anytime I'm running, stopped, moving, in between shooting....it's massive spam all the time. I wish everyone was as spammy as me with ammo and medic kits.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Stephen_drewz said:

That and the fact that disabling/destroying tanks and other vehicles, and killing enemies in the process, with rocket launchers is one of the most satisfying things in the whole game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom