• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldJadedGamer said:
You just have no clue how deeply in love with C4 you will become.

It only takes once - leaping from a building-top, landing on the top of a suspecting tank, planting three charges of C4 amidst heavy gunfire, sprinting away with maniacal laughter and blowing that armor sky-high - and you will discover just how anti-armor the support class can be. Just remember: cool guys don't look a explosions.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
elrechazao said:
I compulsively toss medic kits all over the ground anytime I'm running, stopped, moving, in between shooting....it's massive spam all the time. I wish everyone was as spammy as me with ammo and medic kits.

Seriously. But I literally have to BEG and shoot people in the face and they STILL DON'T GET IT.

You have kit items! I HAVE AN "NEED AMMO" ICON ON ME! THROW IT OUT DAMN IT! It's free points!

In fact, it's so bad that people in the console thread are whining about wanting a 2x "EXP" weekend from DICE's teasing that they're going to do something today/tomorrow as a "console event" even though you could do Max Rank in like 18 hours or so if you threw your kit items out and used them, damn it. :|

OldJadedGamer said:
You just have no clue how deeply in love with C4 you will become.

The only good use is to take out buildings and tanks. But since it's been nerfed to drop like a piano from a skyscraper, there is no need to use C4 in general. I'm completely underwhelmed with it's uses in BF3 in comparison to BC2.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
12 hours and I'm bored.

Back to Red Orchestra II I guess. I will play BF3 with friends only.

CatPee

TheSeks said:
The only good use is to take out buildings and tanks. But since it's been nerfed to drop like a piano from a skyscraper, there is no need to use C4 in general. I'm completely underwhelmed with it's uses in BF3 in comparison to BC2.

Oh boo. I managed to hold off a team with 4-5 Gaffers from arming the very last M-COM my team was defending, resulting in our victory, with a few packs of C4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
CatPee said:
Oh boo. I managed to hold off a team with 4-5 Gaffers from arming the very last M-COM my team was defending, resulting in our victory, with a few packs of C4.

I'm sure there is some uses other than cover destroying/blasting holes and anti-tank uses, but it isn't as versatile as it was in BC2, I feel. It dropping like a ton of bricks doesn't really help it.

I honestly don't mind the reduction in destruction. I just wish I could "throw"/slap C4 near a building without having to "touch" the building itself to get the C4 to stick.

mcrae

TheSeks said:
I'm sure there is some uses other than cover destroying/blasting holes and anti-tank uses, but it isn't as versatile as it was in BC2, I feel. It dropping like a ton of bricks doesn't really help it.

I honestly don't mind the reduction in destruction. I just wish I could "throw"/slap C4 near a building without having to "touch" the building itself to get the C4 to stick.

what was it in bc2? thrown?

also what ammo icon were you talking about? ive played support very little, assault not at all, and havent offhand noticed anything

CatPee

mcrae said:
what was it in bc2? thrown?

also what ammo icon were you talking about? ive played support very little, assault not at all, and havent offhand noticed anything

Tossing distance is slightly further in BC2, but if you jumped the same time you deployed it, you can pretty much throw the stuff a good 8 feet.

If you look at your minimap/top of players' heads, the ones who need ammo have an ammo icon.

Xcellere

TheSeks said:

Say whaaa? Clearly you haven't "allah akbar'd" a tank with a buggy full of C4. It's heavenly.

CatPee said:
Tossing distance is slightly further in BC2, but if you jumped the same time you deployed it, you can pretty much throw the stuff a good 8 feet.

If you look at your minimap/top of players' heads, the ones who need ammo have an ammo icon.

And for Assault, they will be plus signs if they need healed.

1stStrike

Banned
CatPee said:

It was further than that. You could almost throw C4 like a grenade in BC2, which is pretty ridiculous when you think about it. It's more realistic now, which goes along with most of the other stuff in this game, as the main BF series seems to focus more on realism, while the BC series was a bit more wonky.

J-Rzez

Mr Sandman said:
G3 begs to differ. That gun is a beast if you can tame it.

Also the M93R is a good side arm for close engagements (ie someone rushing into a building with a bolt action should swap to it). High DPS. Medium range though? Forgetabatit. That's why you have a sniper though.

The SG553 is decent but kicks like a mule I have found, which is odd for small carbines.

I use the G3A3 on my assault with silencer, grip, and acog most of the time, and the thing is a nasty bitch. Doesn't show up on map, and it's damage output is still good despite the silencer. Take the silencer off for other maps where it doesn't matter, and the thing will drop people super fast.

The Sig 553 is good too. Yes, it bounces a bit, but it's a fun gun.

Both are a little challenging compared to the other class weapons, mainly recoil, but they're that much more satisfying to use. 93R is ok, but I like the .357 and .44 magnums more I think.

KAOz

Short bus special
Khal_B said:
A bit bored of Assault/Engineer classes now and I've decided to try out Support. Any tips/advice?

Give as much ammo as you possibly can. Not only are you helping your team, you are also helping yourself by getting soooooooo many points.

Use the prone position and bipod on the LMG for some really good suppression and bigger chance for kills.

And, just have fun. Wreck shit.

Divius

Khal_B said:
A bit bored of Assault/Engineer classes now and I've decided to try out Support. Any tips/advice?
What Kaoz said. Try to flank enemy tanks while they're shooting at someone else and C4 them. Once you unlock an extended mag, use it. Use the bipod, keep giving ammo to everyone. Engineers with their few rockets especially appreciate this.

belier

Any hint on binding knife to mouse wheel up or mouse wheel down?

I've tried it through keybindings screen with no success, and even with bizarre results...

cdyhybrid

I wish there were people who are actually good that played this game. It's a pipe dream. I will never see another decent player on my team.

OG Kush

Stephen_drewz said:
Thanks for the responses. Looks like I'm going to have to unlock C4. Pretty sad that I'm level 24 and about 95% of that is engineer.
wow you're part of the problem.
Also can anyone please tell me how to unlock extra mags for guns? i have the ammo perk, but I can't find anything that increases the actual size of the mag?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
cdyhybrid said:
I wish there were people who are actually good that played this game. It's a pipe dream. I will never see another decent player on my team.

If you were playing on PS3, I'd hook up with you! :)

K/D and W/L are good. Same with being a team player. Rank 47 now, too! :)

But yeah, there are too many crap players playing now. I thought that with MW3 being out that a lot of people would migrate, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I played a couple of hours last night and there were a ton of full games and asshats still going after kills. UGH!

I really hate to rage, but I can't stop myself from telling these people to fuck off and go play CoD or other TDM games and get out of my CQ and Rush!

Is Battlelog currently dead for anyone else? Getting a redirect loop.

Nevermind, apparently changing your acc password makes Battlelog go a bit mental until you clear cookies.

cdyhybrid

excaliburps said:
If you were playing on PS3, I'd hook up with you! :)

K/D and W/L are good. Same with being a team player. Rank 47 now, too! :)

But yeah, there are too many crap players playing now. I thought that with MW3 being out that a lot of people would migrate, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I played a couple of hours last night and there were a ton of full games and asshats still going after kills. UGH!

I really hate to rage, but I can't stop myself from telling these people to fuck off and go play CoD or other TDM games and get out of my CQ and Rush!

I would go play Skyrim and just hop onto BF3 when I could squad up with some friends, but my machine is ancient and can't handle the game :(

Mafro

OldJadedGamer said:
You know what is awesome? Losing a firefight then watching the killcam and dude is 0% health.
What's also awesome is hearing and seeing someone kill you with one body shot despite being at full health, while you empty a mag into them.

.nimrod

Metalmurphy said:
I killed a few infantry but even vehicles my gunner would always get the kill, his machine gun was faster then my rockets :p

I'd disable them and get a kill/destroy assist, he would get disable assist and kill+destroy
The sad life of a pilot, welcome to the club, man.

bluerei said:
Yes let's recap.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-580-1536-MB-GDDR5-PCI-E-/120809591075?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item1c20d01123#ht_4547wt_1139

DICE

And that's only ebay. Sorry if it's not up to your standards and you get suckered into buying from some overpriced seller.
gamestop new? keep trying.

New other (see details): A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed.

Jtrizzy said:
Actually this is exactly what he did. My friend put the ram in the wrong place on my mobo. Ended up getting the PS3 version till all this shit gets sorted out. Pretty stark difference going from Ultra in 1080p with a good framerate to low at 30 in sub hd. Still fun either way, but they do need to tighten up the aiming on PS3.
hahaha oh wow

Raul_Atreides said:
Good god, and you have to do that 4 times in a round. How pointlessly difficult. It takes dudes like 2 seconds to arm. I got hundreds of the analogous pins in BC2 just by playing the damn game, never thought it would be this hard. Thanks for the reply.
yeah, you basically have to camp the M-COM stations and wait until they start arming to shoot them. it's almost matador defense!

TheSeks said:
seriously, we were like Ray Allen with C4 in BC2!

Sethos

Banned
I actually had to give up on the game. Between the netcode from hell and the IRNV everybody's using, completely removing all the sweet close quarters infantry fights, I'd much rather saw off my leg than endure that.

Hopefully they will have that fixed asap ...

Sethos said:
I actually had to give up on the game. Between the netcode from hell and the IRNV everybody's using, completely removing all the sweet close quarters infantry fights, I'd much rather saw off my leg than endure that.

What BF games have you been playing?

Netcode has been amazing for me outside random occassions of lag which tend to happen in all shooters. It's a huge improvement over the laggy netcode hit detection in BC2

Sethos

Banned
BattleMonkey said:
What BF games have you been playing?

Games? I don't give a toss about the rest of the series, I'm talking about Battlefield 3 that has the groundworks and potential for great close quarter fighting but is ruined by the cheat scope and the iffy netcode. There's also a magical game-mode filter called "Infantry only".

The netcode is a fucking joke. The bullshit where you jump behind cover and still die.

Client side detection needs to get the fuck out. Feels exactly like BC2.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Sethos said:

Man up...OR go get MW3...

Sethos said:
Games? I don't give a toss about the rest of the series, I'm talking about Battlefield 3 that has the groundworks and potential for great close quarter fighting but is ruined by the cheat scope and the iffy netcode. There's also a magical game-mode filter called "Infantry only".

The netcode is a fucking joke. The bullshit where you jump behind cover and still die.

Client side detection needs to get the fuck out. Feels exactly like BC2.

"cheat" scope has zero effect on close quarters combat, so no idea what you are talking about, the issues with it is it's removal of any long range concealment.

BC2 had awful netcode, you would shoot someone and they would at times fall over dead from your bullet a full 2 seconds later. Hit boxes and responsiveness is much tighter this time around. Jumping behind cover adn dying, yea it happens and sucks, but it also happens at times in pretty much every MP shooter, lag happens. I get it far more in the p2p CoD matches and made worse by the huge hit boxes in that franchise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom