• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrid

Banned
SteveWD40 said:
Quick question, can you set the game to launch in full screen and not a window? and once you change the settings (say in the campaign) and restart they will carry over to MP?

About to take the plunge on PC.

There is a full screen setting and mine launches into full screen every time. I am not sure about the SP->MP.

.nimrod

Man, i'm not having any fun today playing battlefield.
I didn't play any games for two days and you can definitely feel that the playerbase has changed :/

.nimrod said:
I didn't play any games for two days and you can definitely feel that the playerbase has changed :/

I kind of gave up on it, i think i will return to it in a while, but after 15 hours i finally realized im not having any fun with this game, it frustrates me, i dont know what it is, i loved BC2, but BF3 is just not clicking :(.

In its defense, I have never played with any friends online, always solo.

Rainy Dog

kendrid said:
There are a couple of camos that render the IRNV useless. I am surprised they are considering nerfing it since they built in ways to counter it already. In a few weeks 'everyone' will have that camo and should be using it. Last night I was one of those jerks using the IRNV on rush (defense) and only one team used smoke against me. Once they did that they easily took both A and B.

edit: Here are images of the different camos and IRNV:
http://imgur.com/a/VbH10

Problem with that camo, though, is that it's only good as a counter to IRNV. You stick out like a sore thumb to everyone else unless you're inside one of the dark warehouses on Firestorm or Metro/Peak tunnels.

GJS

Rainy Dog said:
Problem with that camo, though, is that it's only good as a counter to IRNV. You stick out like a sore thumb to everyone else unless you're inside one of the dark warehouses on Firestorm or Metro/Peak tunnels.
There's also the fact that it takes 1.4million points to unlock it, that's not very accessible as a counter.

Rainy Dog said:

Sounds like balance.

f0rk said:
I don't really want to hear it, I'd rather have the good BF3 maps mixed in.

Yea I'm hoping it's at worst a miscommunication and that it's perhaps only a console issue with them making it a separate rotation. It makes no sense for them to do it on PC

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Choke on the Magic said:
Sounds like balance.
Yeah, I'd rather see them balance out their interesting mechanics than nerf them into uselessness. I think the camo and tac light should be counters to IRNV.

Nizz

MP1st said:
Many PS3 fans have been voicing their concern over what seems to be a controller input lag issue and are asking why the controls were changed since the Beta. According to Kertz, the controls for Battlefield 3 are fine and have not been changed since the Beta. DICE is finding that other issues may be at work here. For example, certain TV set ups seem to affect input lag more than others. Kertz assured us that DICE is looking into the real source of the problem.
Still looking into it. FML. It seems like this issue won't be fixed anytime soon. Perfect...

Sethos

Banned
kendrid said:
There are a couple of camos that render the IRNV useless. I am surprised they are considering nerfing it since they built in ways to counter it already. In a few weeks 'everyone' will have that camo and should be using it. Last night I was one of those jerks using the IRNV on rush (defense) and only one team used smoke against me. Once they did that they easily took both A and B.

edit: Here are images of the different camos and IRNV:
http://imgur.com/a/VbH10

Except they still stick out, because it's blackish and people still move, super easy to spot against a light stationary backdrop.

I don't have any problems seeing these people.

dorkimoe

So can a B2K server run the old maps in its rotation as well? Or Can it only run the new ones, that would be kind of stupid if it only runs the new ones. It should be able to run both..

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
F#A#Oo said:
Game is now broken? lol

I think you're just full of hyperbole...and yes man up...BF3 is not about CQC...MW3 is...just because you feel you die cheaply doesn't make it so...

Is it weird that I firmly believe that BF3 is better at CQC than any Call of Duty game, ever?

The gunplay in BF3 is so underrated it's unbelievable.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Any tips on how to get more points as a recon :/ the M98b is going to take forever to unlock wahhhhhh

Nobody seems to want to use my Soflam targeting.

MrOogieBoogie said:
Is it weird that I firmly believe that BF3 is better at CQC than any Call of Duty game, ever?

I love the gunplay, more than COD's at this point. The weapon handling, the recoil, the attachments, and how they affect the weapon, bullets being projectile and not beams--it's great.

COD feels much more...game-ish? Not sure how to describe it. Not a knock on COD, really, it's still great, BF3 is just "different" and I happen to prefer it.

Sethos

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
Any tips on how to get more points as a recon :/ the M98b is going to take forever to unlock wahhhhhh

Unless you want to be cheap and exploit the game, the best thing you can do is get something like the SKS or M39, equip a 4x / CQB scope and get into the fight. Only consistent way I've found of collecting points, out abilities suck ass and even more so on public servers as they are very team oriented and teams usually suck on publics.

.nimrod said:

Changed in a good way. Well... except that you have to actually earn your kills now and can't relay on recon camping noobs anymore. I've personally had way more fun since Tuesday with the game than I did from launch.

IlludiumQ36

Doc Holliday said:

No rule that recon has to be a sniper. Rock a shotgun or an smg and get in the fight.

Anton Sugar said:
I love the gunplay, more than COD's at this point. The weapon handling, the recoil, the attachments, and how they affect the weapon, bullets being projectile and not beams--it's great.

COD feels much more...game-ish? Not sure how to describe it. Not a knock on COD, really, it's still great, BF3 is just "different" and I happen to prefer it.

I get what you're trying to say, and I agree. It's the first time I've enjoyed another game's gunplay more than a Call of Duty game.

GJS

Sethos said:
Unless you want to be cheap and exploit the game, the best thing you can do is get something like the SKS or M39, equip a 4x / CQB scope and get into the fight. Only consistent way I've found of collecting points, out abilities suck ass and even more so on public servers as they are very team oriented and teams usually suck on publics.
You should try using the bolt actions with 4x scopes or iron sight you can get a good amount of points as long as you slow down and think before moving anywhere and use your pistol when you need to finish killing the target quickly. The headshot hit box seems to be easier to hit with the 4x scopes as well, you can just fire and forget sometimes and get a headshot.

The bolt actions also becomes even easier to use when you get the straight pull bolt.

MrOogieBoogie said:

It's quite good, the increased damage over pervious BF games helps and the removal of laggy deaths. In BC1 and 2 you would see lot of double kills because of the kill delay, reminded me of how laggy KZ2 would get.

Gunplay feels solid, the issue with CQC is that they don't really have good maps for it, they are all just kill funnels which make CQC not fun.

Rainy Dog

purple cobra said:
Still looking into it. FML. It seems like this issue won't be fixed anytime soon. Perfect...

It needs sorting out sharpish. I played through MW3's campaign yesterday, and while COD's always had the snappiest, smoothest controls of them all, it was really jarring going back to BF3 on PS3 after that.

I prefer BF's gunplay otherwise, though, loved BF3's during the beta.

Binabik15

Anton Sugar said:
If you're on PC, you have no excuses, brah. We play just about every night.

That´s the bro-plem, I guess. I want to play when I come home from uni in the afternoon, when I get home in the evening (like today) I´m usually too tired to play. Euro GAF server is an empty wasteland when I´m on.

I´m almost 15 hours in, my best weapon has 55 kills on it and I´ve 364 kills to 399 deaths. Fuck, I need to stop playing in a tank. No repairs, SOFLAM and choppers getting better and better = points are sparse. Plus, did they nerf tank gun agaisnt infantry? Sometimes I´ll have a shell right next to a guy and he can run and hide :(

And W/L down to 1.1 from 2.3 a few days ago :(((

Mr Nightman said:
whats your battlelog name? I'm usually on with friends daily. My name is MrNightman

EU or other region? I´ll add you, anyways, so people think I have buddies that´ll come and back me up any minute.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
dorkimoe said:
how much easier is joystick flying helicopters? i've given up on jets

I'm getting there, complete badass, Its an entire gaming experience on its own.

Game refused to load without crashing today, repaired it in Origin which downloaded 48MB which then refused to install, had to delete it and the installer Origin kept (all running that did was re-install Punkbuster and DirectX) before it'd let me download it.

Maybe via the power of magic once I get it installed again it won't timeout of every bloody server I connect to all the time, I swear this game doesn't want me playing it.

BattleMonkey said:
It's quite good, the increased damage over pervious BF games helps and the removal of laggy deaths. In BC1 and 2 you would see lot of double kills because of the kill delay, reminded me of how laggy KZ2 would get.

Gunplay feels solid, the issue with CQC is that they don't really have good maps for it, they are all just kill funnels which make CQC not fun.

Agreed. I actually think that half of Siene (the RU side of the river) is pretty fun for CQC, with all the different levels/angles you can get. I'm really looking forward to Sharqi Peninsula--there is a small area with 2 (I think) cap points in sort of a little urban town area with a few roads that was pretty fun in BF2.

Binabik15 said:
That´s the bro-plem, I guess. I want to play when I come home from uni in the afternoon, when I get home in the evening (like today) I´m usually too tired to play. Euro GAF server is an empty wasteland when I´m on.

I´m almost 15 hours in, my best weapon has 55 kills on it and I´ve 364 kills to 399 deaths. Fuck, I need to stop playing in a tank. No repairs, SOFLAM and choppers getting better and better = points are sparse. Plus, did they nerf tank gun agaisnt infantry? Sometimes I´ll have a shell right next to a guy and he can run and hide :(

And W/L down to 1.1 from 2.3 a few days ago :(((

EU or other region? I´ll add you, anyways, so people think I have buddies that´ll come and back me up any minute.

Yeah, it's tough to win with randoms--it feels even tougher than BC2 in some regards.

I'd say just add a ton of gaffers (check the Platoons--at the very least, add the Platoon leaders) and see when they're playing. During the week, I actually try to play earlier, as I have to wake up at 6 AM, so I don't get to stay up late. On weekends, we play pretty late. My soldier id: Anton_Sugar

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
dorkimoe said:
how much easier is joystick flying helicopters? i've given up on jets
Flying well is not easy, even with the joystick. You have to be aware of your momentum at all times. But getting from A to B without cratering isn't that difficult, if all you need to do is taxi passengers. Having a full HOTAS with a separate throttle makes height control a lot easier.

eznark

Banned
Fuck. So I was completely unable to load the campaign so I decided to try and repair the install. Downloaded a 48mb patch and is now stuck on the "finalizing update" stage.

Anything I can do?

iam220

So no one is really playing the jets anymore, which I guess gives me plenty of opportunity to fly them about. Is it just me or are the missiles next to useless? I seem to be getting more kills just using the cannon. Speaking of the cannon they really need to buff it against infantry and tanks, it's pretty hard to come down on a good angle and get a burst of bullets into a tank. I think I should be rewarded for that with a kill.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
SapientWolf said:
Flying well is not easy, even with the joystick. You have to be aware of your momentum at all times. But getting from A to B without cratering isn't that difficult, if all you need to do is taxi passengers. Having a full HOTAS with a separate throttle makes height control a lot easier.

Thing thing goes wrong and your flying sideways into a mountain. this game rules.

eznark said:
Fuck. So I was completely unable to load the campaign so I decided to try and repair the install. Downloaded a 48mb patch and is now stuck on the "finalizing update" stage.

Anything I can do?

Origin is a POS. When Origin stopped working, I had to reinstall Origin (BF3 files still on my comp). With it reinstalled, it said it was ready to install, based on the files already on my comp, but it never worked, even though it said it was completing the installation.

I had to reinstall.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
IlludiumQ36 said:
No rule that recon has to be a sniper. Rock a shotgun or an smg and get in the fight.

Yea that's what Ive been doing lately. What ends up happening is that I get killed a few times and start feeling useless. At which point I bring my m249 IR to the fray :D

AndyD

aka andydumi
Wow, just unlocked IRNV for the M249, OP as hell. Spot a mile away, butcher at long distances, both with tripod or even without.

Very different from the beta. Now I understand first hand the complaints.

Doc Holliday said:
Yea that's what Ive been doing lately. What ends up happening is that I get killed a few times and start feeling useless. At which point I bring my m249 IR to the fray :D

I get the same thing as Recon. No matter what I do, I feel like I am not helping the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom