• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericUser

The gunplay in BF3 is so underrated it's unbelievable.

the truth!

i heard someone (in this very thread) say that TDM is bad because the gunplay is inferior to competitors. I mean, what? especially the gunplay in BF3 is superior to the one found in other games of this genre. Its easy to learn, hard to master, it makes me believe it is in some way realistic. I point my gun at some guy and i can not be sure that i'll kill him ... I have to stay focused until the point where he falls down to the ground .. dead. THATS what I call good gunplay, feel like you are in control of your gun. When you fire your gun, you can actually tell which gun you are firing. Satisfaction when you finally kill somebody with that uncontrollable lady. Hell yeah!

Cudder

After playing (and loving) Assault since the game came out, I stepped out of my boundaries and tried Engineer yesterday, I really suck at it.

Trying to destroy a tank with my RPG is useless, because by the time I hit it once or twice, the enemies get out of the tank and just fuck me up, leaving me with only the vehicle disabled points. And why do I not get points for repairing an unmanned vehicle?

dLMN8R

Cudder said:
After playing (and loving) Assault since the game came out, I stepped out of my boundaries and tried Engineer yesterday, I really suck at it.

Trying to destroy a tank with my RPG is useless, because by the time I hit it once or twice, the enemies get out of the tank and just fuck me up, leaving me with only the vehicle disabled points. And why do I not get points for repairing an unmanned vehicle?
RPGs are incredibly useful, you just need to learn to use them correctly.

The sides and the back of the tank are far more vulnerable than the front. You can easily disable a tank with 1-2 well-placed shots.

Furthermore, you should only shoot a tank if you have ample cover around you. Pop out for a split second, shoot the RPG, and hide immediately. Hopefully enough people are attacking the tank that no one will go around hunting you!

You don't get points for repairing an unmanned vehicle because that would be ridiculously easy to exploit. You could go off on your own, damage your own unmanned vehicle, and repair it over and over again to get unlimited points.

Binabik15

daedalius said:
So I unlocked the IRNV on the M416.

Hilarious.

My brother got it during a squad deathmatch round yesterday. Fot the M16A3, though. The only thing that could stop him was a dude with the F2000. Which is ridiculous, btw. That and the M240B is responsible for most of my deaths, then the G36C and the SV98.

Had a couple decent or good Rush games right now, even got to destroy 2 m-coms and I was *so* close to arm others, but others apparently hit e miliseconds first. Great moments killing two and three defenders around the m-com at once. I know now that I suck as Support, I guess it´s the lack of the grip, because others CAN run&gun and kill without the bipod, but I am still a great medic. This time I can even hit peoplem, which I really couldn´t with the LMGs in BC2.

Any tips on the Rush maps? I only know Metro, because of the Beta and even that is different with mortar-ds hiding behind the first m-com around the wall and slaughtering everyone. Demavand Peak went so well for us, but once the basejump happened all I did was jump down and die miserably. In BC2 you could at least shot somewhat decently while parachuting. Quited when Canals came up, because all I did was run to the m-com, get shot and warp back a few metres upon death. No thank you, rubberband.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Red Blaster said:
Has DICE said anything about fixing the flight ceiling on Canals? Jets might as well not even be on the map as it currently is.
You could say that for pretty much all of the maps, to be honest. I mean, they're fun but I've never been on the ground and said, "Oh no, here comes a jet" like in BF2.

So the official BF twitter just had three tweets about how seriously they're taking cheaters, that they're searching for cheaters to ban and boosters to stat-wipe. I wonder if this includes the EOD repair bot exploit? I know some gaffers used that--I was tempted myself, just to say fuck it to the unlock grind, but I'm already at 34, so figured there wasn't much point.

Deadly

Anton Sugar said:
So the official BF twitter just had three tweets about how seriously they're taking cheaters, that they're searching for cheaters to ban and boosters to stat-wipe. I wonder if this includes the EOD repair bot exploit? I know some gaffers used that--I was tempted myself, just to say fuck it to the unlock grind, but I'm already at 34, so figured there wasn't much point.
With the SCAR being OP and engineers being so useful in general, it's not that hard to max him. Unless you're really interested in the pistols/PDWs, there's not much point to use the exploit.

Deadly said:
With the SCAR being OP and engineers being so useful in general, it's not that hard to max him. Unless you're really interested in the pistols/PDWs, there's not much point to use the exploit.

You can use the exploit to reach max rank, not just max engineer.

SapientWolf said:
You could say that for pretty much all of the maps, to be honest. I mean, they're fun but I've never been on the ground and said, "Oh no, here comes a jet" like in BF2.

Well, they can do still quite damage to tanks, I disable/destroyed a few, that is if AA give you a bit of air, it's really infuriating see how the same AA tank in the whole match stays in the same fucking position without no one taking care of it. The problem is you either go to take AIR vehicles (heatseekers) or rocket pods for gound targets, right now I can't do both, while choppers can take you out and take out ground targets, seems very unfair.

Canals is another history, is just useless to pilot a jet, you don't have space for nothing.

Binabik15

los said:
Agreed on the F2000, binabik. I unlocked that last night and damn. Also, the MASS is awesome.
That's the underslung shottie, isn't it? My brother has it, I don't. Assault is so easy to get points with, though, so I should get it after a few more Rush games.

I like shotguns and used them a lot in BC2, but here I feel like I have to be behind an enemy to kill him, since the ARs and LMGs are so deadly and fast. Haven't gotten even a single upgrade with them, I gave up after hitting someone multiple times close by and not killibg them.

PS: it is DAMN scary to have a jet coming at you, but one day my cannon will hit.

Megasoum said:
EOD bot exploit??

2 people -> hardcore mode -> one brings the EOD and shoots to damage EOD -> the other one takes out repair tool -> ??? -> profit.

Beaten :(

Ikuu said:
Not really an exploit, I do find it funny that people get upset over it.

It's not different that early exploits in BC2 beta.

los

cobragt4001 said:
The mass is a beast. Holo scope and frag shells equal massive points.

I haven't tried shottie frag rounds since beta, where I sucked with them. Seems like I'm going to have to give them another try...

Makoto

SapientWolf said:
No you couldn't. The low ceiling on Canals makes flying jets a pain.

I was a little bit concerned how much time I was spending playing this stupid game, and it seems the divine has staged an intervention. What I thought was just a series of GPU recovery errors caused by dodgy beta drivers was actually my graphics card completely dying! And I've no idea if it's still in warranty despite it only being 14 months old!

BATTLEFIELD 3 KILLED MY SON GRAPHICS CARD

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Strummerjones said:
I was a little bit concerned how much time I was spending playing this stupid game, and it seems the divine has staged an intervention. What I thought was just a series of GPU recovery errors caused by dodgy beta drivers was actually my graphics card completely dying! And I've no idea if it's still in warranty despite it only being 14 months old!

RcmUY.gif

Binabik15

Guys. GUYS.

Is there any sort of cheat/hack to have exploding bullets? I was killed a looot by two dudes in the last TDM round and their shots from a SKS and a SCAR-H would make those *whoomp* *whoomp* sounds on my screen and the "bullets" looked really thick. Half the chatbox was filled with cheater and hacker accusations. Dude was first and had 43 kills with the SCAR-H on a 200 kills TDM server. It was, well, weird.

Not saying that they did cheat, but it felt strange, other bullets didn´t have that effect on me...

Nabs

Binabik15 said:
Guys. GUYS.

Is there any sort of cheat/hack to have exploding bullets? I was killed a looot by two dudes in the last TDM round and their shots from a SKS and a SCAR-H would make those *whoomp* *whoomp* sounds on my screen and the "bullets" looked really thick. Half the chatbox was filled with cheater and hacker accusations. Dude was first and had 43 kills with the SCAR-H on a 200 kills TDM server. It was, well, weird.

Not saying that they did cheat, but it felt strange, other bullets didn´t have that effect on me...

Maybe frag rounds from his MASS. I personally use the DAO-12 with frags and it's pretty funny.

Binabik15

Nabs said:
Maybe frag rounds from his MASS. I personally use the DAO-12 with frags and it's pretty funny.

On Scar or a SKS? They can´t have a MASS, can they? Isn´t that the Assault shotgun thing? I´d ask if there´s stuff to unlock for it, since I just unlocked it, but I can´t kill anybody with shotguns. Maybe it´s lag, but I usually play on servers that give me 50-75 pings. Still, I shot somebody, then they kill me. Any tips? Maps to level shotties? I tried TDM, but no kills. Switched to the M416 and had tons of kills with this.

I guess I´ll stick to Assault for a while, till I get a ppm of over 300 or so, I love reviving and I only play engi because I hate that vehicles drive around and kill my guys. And I need to stop driving tanks until people use SOFLAMs and I can take down aircraft easily with guided shells, hardly any kills and points means no unlocky stuff-stuff :( I´d love to be a support guy, but my LMG skills are weird. I´ll go through tons of guys in a round or two, then spend a lot more with only a kill or two until I rage switch to Assault.

Are spwan b(e)acons counted as vehicles destroyed?! Now I´ll need to hunt those down, I can´t let any vehicle escape the hate!

Raul_Atreides

Neo Member
Man, I'm getting addicted to the MAV. I feel like a tiny god, hovering above all, sending my minions to smite unbelievers. Not the best for points, but I feel like it helps my team a lot.

Raul_Atreides said:
Man, I'm getting addicted to the MAV. I feel like a tiny god, hovering above all, sending my minions to smite unbelievers. Not the best for points, but I feel like it helps my team a lot.

I am farming my recon to get it. I want the support achievement.

Strummerjones said:

another bf3 victim.
bf3 destroyed my psu and ultimately destroyed my mobo.
when will the nightmare stop!?

Raul_Atreides said:
It really is a lot of fun to use, but it sucks when you've spotted the entire team and no one on your team is actually killing anyone.

scogoth

Binabik15 said:
Guys. GUYS.

Well theres your problem.

I've gone 43 kills with less.

Jagxyz

MNC said:
No one? There must be something.

My god, that shit is fucking annoying. I have no idea what it is though, I get close the the source, but there's nothing of interest there.

Annoying audio bug.

Anyone still able to run the Steam overlay during BF3? I now get constant "BF3 has stopped working" messages doing it, which go away when I don't try and run the overlay.

MNC said:
No one? There must be something.
Is that the noice that sounds like missle launching of something? Every now and again I get this noise and lasts for ages so long as I stay in the spot where it starts. So annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom