• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
ColonialRaptor said:
I haven't played for 4 days.... WITHDRAWAL!

Anyone know why the Appearance / Camo selection that you choose doesn't stay?

Supposedly it sticks per map, not universally. Which kinda makes sense, from a tactical standpoint, but not really from a customization standpoint.

ColonialRaptor said:

I believe that the appearance selection is separate for each team and map. At least that's what I've read in this thread before.

OG Kush

Kentpaul said:
here is me trying to land on the highway.. still getting used to my joystick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xdtL0oIVANQ

as my friend pointed out i was going way to fast lol
wish it was kendricks verse instead of games :p

And gunplay is def amazing in this game. I mean just look at the pistols. Its got the best "feeling" pistols ever. The feel so good. Still undecided if the damage model is something I'm a fan of though. You die much easier in BF3 than in any other BF game.

I'm bossing the shit out of people tonight with the G36C, foregrip, holographic scope and heavy barrel. Only played Assault and Engineer so far. Got service stars on both but don't know which I prefer. Engi is handy for healing my choppers so maybe it gets the edge.

kiryani

I just can't get into this :(

Always preferred the higher health pools in BF to COD and it was what made me enjoy the game a lot more, now they've taken it away it just feels like I'm playing COD again, which sucks.

I'd at least like a specialization to counter it. My entire playstyle has been ruined by it.

abuC

I give up, I can't get this game to stay in 1080p.

I recorded in fraps and the game is almost always running at 1288x734.

Megasoum

Banned
ColonialRaptor said:

The appearances are saved per map, per team and per class... so you have to set them 4X2X9... Kinda make sens since you don't necessarly want the same one everywhere... Personnally I just got used to change all 4 appearances everytime I join a match (even if I have no intent on playing all 4 classes in that game).

los said:
I haven't tried shottie frag rounds since beta, where I sucked with them. Seems like I'm going to have to give them another try...
Their very effective on multi enemies, you just got to get the aiming right. I suggest using a AR that can support the mass underneath the rifle rail so you can you use you ARs scope to aim it. Since the frag drops dramatically you have to aim high if you gonna shoot it from a distance but I have gotten kills with the frag shells from 100+ meters away no lie. One direct hit from a frag shell will take you out and I dominate so much on OP Metro and the Bazaar market by clearing hallways lol

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
FYI: If you get 19 ribbons in one match, it won't list them out. All you get is Ribbon (19). :(

I spent an entire match mortaring from one spot racking up kills on bazaar. No one seems to understand how to counter mortars. I wasn't even in the spawn areas lol

OldJadedGamer said:
Wow... 100 shotgun kills in under an hour with a Recon T-UGS combo in TDM.
Love that combo in TDM. You can basically just take control of entire buildings with that combo. It's so satisfying taking out a whole squad trying to storm your building.

Binabik15 said:
Guys. GUYS.

Is there any sort of cheat/hack to have exploding bullets? I was killed a looot by two dudes in the last TDM round and their shots from a SKS and a SCAR-H would make those *whoomp* *whoomp* sounds on my screen and the "bullets" looked really thick. Half the chatbox was filled with cheater and hacker accusations. Dude was first and had 43 kills with the SCAR-H on a 200 kills TDM server. It was, well, weird.

Not saying that they did cheat, but it felt strange, other bullets didn´t have that effect on me...
exploding bullets must be another DICE Employee unlock...

Mr Sandman said:
I've checked this out and it doesn't do this for me. Everything else saves perfectly, too.

I love frag rounds, but I usually have to hit them directly 3 or 4 times at a distant even with the 870.

The USAS + extended mags + frag rounds on Bazaar, Metro, etc = a lot of pissed off people. It's not that it's op either. It's just as good as other weapons, just seems to piss people off.
On tehran I got a headshot with the frag shells and the guy I hit was on the high hills right next to the US spawn camp lol and that was far. That dude was pissed I bet lol

CrookedRain said:
Love that combo in TDM. You can basically just take control of entire buildings with that combo. It's so satisfying taking out a whole squad trying to storm your building.

They run right by me but they come up on my radar from a mile away and...... BAM, right in the baby maker! One hit and dead.

Nekrono

I've been so busy this week that I've barely even played, worst thing is that next week is going to be worst :(

I NEED TO GO BACK NOW!!!

1stStrike

Banned
Mr Sandman said:
I've checked this out and it doesn't do this for me. Everything else saves perfectly, too.

I love frag rounds, but I usually have to hit them directly 3 or 4 times at a distant even with the 870.

The USAS + extended mags + frag rounds on Bazaar, Metro, etc = a lot of pissed off people. It's not that it's op either. It's just as good as other weapons, just seems to piss people off.

+1 to frag rounds. All I use right now is a saiga 12k with frag rounds and it's so awesome. The only downside to it is that you really have to compensate for the drop on the frag rounds, otherwise you don't hit anything. Buckshot is more powerful, but I love being able to just shoot the ground next to someone to kill them when they hide behind a corner - or even shooting a hum-v or other vehicle with light armor and blowing them up with my shotgun lol.

Deadly

Nekrono said:
I've been so busy this week that I've barely even played, worst thing is that next week is going to be worst :(

I NEED TO GO BACK NOW!!!
Same here =(
BhaOa.gif

Salacious Crumb

I'm digging the M240B atm. It's useless until you unlock the foregrip, but once you've got that it's great. More accurate+powerful than the M249, with a slower rate of fire, sort of like an assault rifle MG.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PP-2000 + Extended Mag = Crazy good. It was good before the extended mag but now it's just hilarious how I can go one-on-one against two people at the same time. Just letting you guys know.

Deadly

ziadoz said:
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but setting your PS3 resolution to 576p fixes the input lag issues. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKvZrJx_JM

How did this kind of thing slip QA before the game went gold? Too busy trying to get it out before MW3 I guess. A patch for this really can't come soon enough.
I think DICE said they had no problems on their end. They must've all been testing on the same configs or something

leng jai

New drivers are pretty decent, haven't had a crash since and the glitches are mostly gone. It didn't help with framerate at all.

I hope the sun gets nerfed. So OP.

Is anyone having trouble spotting? Half the time when I spot it unscopes me which is fucken annoying.

ziadoz

Neo Member
Deadly said:
I think DICE said they had no problems on their end. They must've all been testing on the same configs or something

I heard they said it might be a TV issue, but I find that hard to believe. I played the beta on the same TV and aiming was perfect. The resolution decrease fix makes me wonder if Frostbite 2 is pushing the PS3 a bit too hard at 720p. Either way, I don't see how they couldn't catch it, it seems easily reproducable. Presumably they do unit and functional testing during development to ensure they don't introduce these kind of regressions.

So tonight is the night both NeoGAF Community Servers were full at the same time.

Join up on either of them if you get a chance tonight! They are both running Conquest 64 on great map rotations.
ss-2011-11-11_23.53.5qyuyf.png

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
Every time I spawn facing a wall, someone at DICE owes me a $1.

IIRC, the beacon is face toward you. Most recons that are newbies or don't know this don't seem to get that.

Then again, I've had my beacon spawn people facing the wall when I totally had the "face the other way" AWAY from the wall. WTF DICE?

Speaking of which: If you don't know the point of T-UGS and you are just going to snipe snipe snipe on Metro, here's a tip: DON'T BOTHER. Fucking waste of air and space morons! Calion can attest to me being the only fucking USEFUL Recon with my PP-2000 and T-UGS/beacon that we had to scratch out a win that would've been hella easier if there was more T-UGS's around to give a heads up. Thank you idiot enemy team going for the tunnel like I thought you would in general until you tried to push past around 20 tickets left.

TheSeks said:
IIRC, the beacon is face toward you. Most recons that are newbies or don't know this don't seem to get that.

Then again, I've had my beacon spawn people facing the wall when I totally had the "face the other way" AWAY from the wall. WTF DICE?

Speaking of which: If you don't know the point of T-UGS and you are just going to snipe snipe snipe on Metro, here's a tip: DON'T BOTHER. Fucking waste of air and space morons! Calion can attest to me being the only fucking USEFUL Recon with my PP-2000 and T-UGS/beacon that we had to scratch out a win that would've been hella easier if there was more T-UGS's around to give a heads up. Thank you idiot enemy team going for the tunnel like I thought you would in general until you tried to push past around 20 tickets left.

I'm shotgunning it on TDM with the T-UGS and dominating.

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:
I'm shotgunning it on TDM with the T-UGS and dominating.

There's deathmatch in Battlefield? Weird, the only modes I see are Rush and Conquest.

Not too sure how useful T-UGS is in TDM given the shitty spawns

TheSeks said:
There's deathmatch in Battlefield? Weird, the only modes I see are Rush and Conquest.

Not too sure how useful T-UGS is in TDM given the shitty spawns

I had no clue either but needed ribbons and to boost my Recon to get the MAV so I had to make it work.

TheSeks

Doc Holliday said:
I wish more people used all the nice targets i aqquire using SOFLAM :/ might have to stick with t-ugs.

No one uses SOFLAM on consoles. In fact I feel it nerfs the Javalin to "why bother?" status because of it. I had a round today that had the anti-air wagon on Norshar Canals sitting in out of bounds. Javalin? Lock on and hit once. Dude goes behind cover, can't hit him. Or start the round and the anti-air wagon comes up to the edge of the "beach," near A in Rush. Can't hit him with the Javalin because it's outside of "lock on" range. WTF. I'm not sure if the SOFLAM would've helped with that but shit is mad annoying.

Edit: Hell, while we're at it: Stingers, at first I was all raging boner toward the idea of having anti-air 24/7 after BC2. Now? IR FLARES. RELOAD. IR FLARES. RELOAD. IR FLARES.

Sure, it's to "promote team work" but NO ONE OTHER THAN ME WILL CARRY IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO POP FLARES, DICE. :| Might as well carry the RPG-7 and forget the Javalin and Stinger exists. Unless the SOFLAM helps the Stinger and Javalin get around flares (not that the Javalin doesn't have an issue here, just saying)

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:
No one uses SOFLAM on consoles. In fact I feel it nerfs the Javalin to "why bother?" status because of it. I had a round today that had the anti-air wagon on Norshar Canals sitting in out of bounds. Javalin? Lock on and hit once. Dude goes behind cover, can't hit him. Or start the round and the anti-air wagon comes up to the edge of the "beach," near A in Rush. Can't hit him with the Javalin because it's outside of "lock on" range. WTF. I'm not sure if the SOFLAM would've helped with that but shit is mad annoying.

Edit: Hell, while we're at it: Stingers, at first I was all raging boner toward the idea of having anti-air 24/7 after BC2. Now? IR FLARES. RELOAD. IR FLARES. RELOAD. IR FLARES.

Sure, it's to "promote team work" but NO ONE OTHER THAN ME WILL CARRY IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO POP FLARES, DICE. :| Might as well carry the RPG-7 and forget the Javalin and Stinger exists. Unless the SOFLAM helps the Stinger and Javalin get around flares (not that the Javalin doesn't have an issue here, just saying)

The SOFLAM does help tremendously with the javelin. When you fire the rocket it shoots straight up and hits the target from the top so it does vastly more damage. Also, you can lock-on whether they're hiding behind something. It also allows the javelin to lock-on to aerial vehicles as well, so you can take out helicopters and jets. Flares/Smoke doesn't do anything once you've locked on and fired, so they can pop their flares all they want.

TheSeks

1stStrike said:
The SOFLAM does help tremendously with the javelin. When you fire the rocket it shoots straight up and hits the target from the top so it does vastly more damage. Also, you can lock-on whether they're hiding behind something. It also allows the javelin to lock-on to aerial vehicles as well, so you can take out helicopters and jets. Flares/Smoke doesn't do anything once you've locked on and fired, so they can pop their flares all they want.

Does it help the Stinger? Because the Stinger is USELESS against IR Flares. Fire and they'll drop flares. Then while you're reloading they get the flares back. No point in carrying the Stinger even against MAVs.

Also the Javalin has a terrible "lock on" range. I can see a tank farther than than the damn thing will attempt to lock on. Again: Norshar Canals Rush. US Battlecruiser. The anti-air is near A first set on the beach. Look at it and... can't lock on. Why? There is no answer to the anti-air (if they're good and mowing the team down) otherwise, unless the SOFLAM gives you that ability. Since you PC guys can rotate maps and shit, you should rotate to Norshar Canals and test the SOFLAM on the deck of the ship and see if it can hit the anti-air wagon. Otherwise DICE needs to fix that shit because it can break the map for the US attack side.

In addition to removing the goddamn thing after first set. I know they're trying to balance air vehicles but people moving that goddamn thing into out of bounds and mowing infantry because there is little/no cool down and it's effective against infantry is infuriating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom