• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

1stStrike

Banned
TheSeks said:
Does it help the Stinger? Because the Stinger is USELESS against IR Flares. Fire and they'll drop flares. Then while you're reloading they get the flares back. No point in carrying the Stinger even against MAVs.

Also the Javalin has a terrible "lock on" range. I can see a tank farther than than the damn thing will attempt to lock on. Again: Norshar Canals Rush. US Battlecruiser. The anti-air is near A first set on the beach. Look at it and... can't lock on. Why? There is no answer to the anti-air (if they're good and mowing the team down) otherwise, unless the SOFLAM gives you that ability. Since you PC guys can rotate maps and shit, you should rotate to Norshar Canals and test the SOFLAM on the deck of the ship and see if it can hit the anti-air wagon. Otherwise DICE needs to fix that shit because it can break the map for the US attack side.

In addition to removing the goddamn thing after first set. I know they're trying to balance air vehicles but people moving that goddamn thing into out of bounds and mowing infantry because there is little/no cool down and it's effective against infantry is infuriating.

Negative. Doesn't help the stinger. Also, the AA gun is no problem on PC with the larger games. It never gets a chance to camp on the shore - we always get there and rape their vehicles pretty quick.

CrookedRain said:
I have been that 0% dude before. Felt good.
yeah, i love being able to actually see my health %, i've been at 0% a few times as well! there even seems to be a bug where health doesn't go up and the screen stays greyscale if you're 0% and get in a vehicle.

in BC2, there was this one time when i guess the lag was really bad, but i got sniped a second or two after i got into a tank and when i respawned, i had no weapons or equipment, not even a knife, and it stayed like this for several minutes. then the tank got destroyed and my kit items became available immediately!

TheSeks said:
No one uses SOFLAM on consoles. In fact I feel it nerfs the Javalin to "why bother?" status because of it. I had a round today that had the anti-air wagon on Norshar Canals sitting in out of bounds. Javalin? Lock on and hit once. Dude goes behind cover, can't hit him. Or start the round and the anti-air wagon comes up to the edge of the "beach," near A in Rush. Can't hit him with the Javalin because it's outside of "lock on" range. WTF. I'm not sure if the SOFLAM would've helped with that but shit is mad annoying.

Edit: Hell, while we're at it: Stingers, at first I was all raging boner toward the idea of having anti-air 24/7 after BC2. Now? IR FLARES. RELOAD. IR FLARES. RELOAD. IR FLARES.

Sure, it's to "promote team work" but NO ONE OTHER THAN ME WILL CARRY IT BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO POP FLARES, DICE. :| Might as well carry the RPG-7 and forget the Javalin and Stinger exists. Unless the SOFLAM helps the Stinger and Javalin get around flares (not that the Javalin doesn't have an issue here, just saying)
SOFLAM all day on 360... people are even using it against teams i'm on now.

Dammit, I return to the game after a week long hiatus and now I appear to the green screen flickering nonsense even more now

Any suggestions to fix this?

Kak.efes

Finally getting pretty good at flying the helicopter. I figure once I'm really proficient at it, and get a gunner who's worth his salt, we'll wreck shit.

If anybody on the PS3 is interested, PSN id is bKak, send me an invite, and we'll see how it goes.

Veritas_

Did anyone try the latest nVidia beta drivers, 285.79, and see an actual performance decrease? I'm running a GTX 580 and I feel like I'm getting more fps drops then usual. Going back to the latest WHQL 285.62 to see if there is a difference.

Edit: Nope, the .62 drivers are running significantly worse, about 40 fps average. Ugh.

Mit-

Is there any petitions to get squad voice chat in this game without needing to be in a party or whatever? It was a feature in BF2, and IIRC you can voice chat with your squad (or maybe team?) in the console versions of the game. Why can't we on PC? :(

In BF2 I'd always make a squad called "Voice" (squad naming would be nice, too...), and could easily fill it up with team players willing to coordinate with voice chat.

RS4-

SOFLAM is great when people realize their team has it. Paint target, shoot from across map.

Tag team targets no problem as long as people are on same page.

Mafro

So close to the M98B, only 10,000 points to go...

Did DICE ever bother to say whey the didn't include quad bikes? They were great in Bad Company 2.

Zeppelin

Anton Sugar said:
Supposedly it sticks per map, not universally. Which kinda makes sense, from a tactical standpoint, but not really from a customization standpoint.

It does? If that's true I think that's awesome. I would love to be able to set up different loadouts depending on map.

caramac

l'm thinking of buying BF3 probably for the multiplayer only. Never played any of the BF series before. l used to enjoy playing COD up to 3 and then it kinda got to hectic for me. I've heard it said that BF3 is a lot more slower paced and chilled?
Also is there an online mode where you can play on your own to get up to speed?

360 format btw.

Dabanton

Do people think that DICE will put in some new modes soon. Would love a capture the flag game using the vehicles.

Maybe only the tanks can capture the flag and you have to protect it using the buggys, Jets and Helicopters. would really promote teamwork as the whole team would would have to work to get the points.

CaramaC said:
l'm thinking of buying BF3 probably for the multiplayer only. Never played any of the BF series before. l used to enjoy playing COD up to 3 and then it kinda got to hectic for me. I've heard it said that BF3 is a lot more slower paced and chilled?

360 format btw.

Conquest is a good mode to get used to things. As you can follow teammates or just help to hold a flag point in case an enemy attempts to retake it. no pressure to get huge kill scores. Try playing as Assault and lay health packs down for your team or attempt to revive them or play as support and fix tanks etc

Oh and spot any enemies you see as it will alert any team-mates near them just press the back button on the 360.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Zeppelin said:
It does? If that's true I think that's awesome. I would love to be able to set up different loadouts depending on map.
He meant that it remembers it for the duration of the map. Dice doesn't have that kind of foresight, but it would be nice if they did.

rvy

Banned
Are they planning on fixing the SP bugs any time soon? Watching tanks vanish into thin air is not a pretty sight.

lololololol, he plays the single player in a Battlefield game. What an idiot.

Binabik15

Multikill with the M320 *wipes tear* Now I´ve got...buckshot. Damn, when is smoke unlocked? I want to attack m-coms.

Then I tried the MASS, pew, pew, three guys dead, lost the fourth in smoke, otherwise I´d killed him instead of being killed and I could´ve capped the flag :/

5.29 kills per minute with it, I wish it´d stay that way ;)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Mafro said:

Did DICE ever bother to say whey the didn't include quad bikes? They were great in Bad Company 2.

There was a dune buggy sort of thing in the back to karkand trailer!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RbBrdMan said:
There was a dune buggy sort of thing in the back to karkand trailer!

But that's not going to be included in the vanilla maps.

.nimrod

TheSeks said:
http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/saysthanks <--For the console kids (and PC people, I guess). Play BF3 this weekend. Get a chance to go to Sweden to punch Demize99 in the throat for me over Ninja/Bullseye and no BFFMP-443ONUSSIDE and meet DICE.
open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) France, United Kingdom, and United States (excluding Florida and New York and including the District of Columbia)

Binabik15

Good god, playing with a 16 mb/s connection is like a totally different game than a 3 mb/s. I hate my internet :( I'd own so hard. At home I see a guy and pull the trigger but by the time the game starts shooting I'm dead.

kitch9

Banned
Binabik15 said:
Good god, playing with a 16 mb/s connection is like a totally different game than a 3 mb/s. I hate my internet :( I'd own so hard. At home I see a guy and pull the trigger but by the time the game starts shooting I'm dead.

Uhm, that's not how lag works. You can have a fast connection with high ping, or a slow connection with low ping.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Mafro said:

Yeah, I'd like to know too. Quad bikes were my favorite vehicle.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Dabanton said:
Do people think that DICE will put in some new modes soon. Would love a capture the flag game using the vehicles.

Maybe only the tanks jeeps can capture the flag and you have to protect it using the buggys tanks, Jets and Helicopters. would really promote teamwork as the whole team would would have to work to get the points.
Fixed for Return Fire 2011.

I also wanna see a mode where you can buy equipment with battle points.

.nimrod

I love driving the tank up the stairs at D on Seine Crossing, especially if it's the only flag the other team has captured.
So funny to see them all freak out
and die
since nobody expects that :D

Stallion Free said:
He meant that it remembers it for the duration of the map. Dice doesn't have that kind of foresight, but it would be nice if they did.
Well, like I said, I'm not certain its true. But from what I've heard, it saves your loadout per map, for every time you play that map.

But there are known issues with loadouts saving, too.

Dabanton said:

Maybe only the tanks can capture the flag and you have to protect it using the buggys, Jets and Helicopters. would really promote teamwork as the whole team would would have to work to get the points.

If anything, the old conquest variants could be added to the other maps that are being brought back with B2K

Helmholtz

CaramaC said:

360 format btw.
I find that BF3 allows way more freedom than COD, which is one of the reasons I like it a lot. You're not confined in a small area forced to kill person after person every two seconds. You have more chances to roam around and capture objectives, as well as help your team in various ways. I also bought it just for the MP and I've found it to be very fun.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
OMG I've unlocked the MAV! And you guys thought the IR scope was op...I am the motherfucking eye in the sky! Hey engineers you should really shoot those things down wow!

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
OMG I've unlocked the MAV! And you guys thought the IR scope was op...I am the motherfucking eye in the sky! Hey engineers you should really shoot those things down wow!

Too bad there isn't much reward points-wise when using it. And it tends to get boring after awhile.

n0n44m

Doc Holliday said:
You're right, but its making unlocking the m98b a little easier though.

caspian border only server

at beginning of each round fly it as high as possible, aim for the cap points and start mashing the Q button lol

surveillance ribbons and medals galore (once your teammates actually kill those you spot)

AndyD

aka andydumi
n0n44m said:

at beginning of each round fly it as high as possible, aim for the cap points and start mashing the Q button lol

surveillance ribbons and medals galore (once your teammates actually kill those you spot)
If only the medals and ribbons would count towards the recon class. Or class in general for whatever gadget. Only the spot points do, I think.

Mafro

n0n44m said:

Annoyingly the ribbon bonuses don't count towards your score for unlocking the Recon weapons, it's just the amount that shows on the scoreboard at the end of a round that does. The combined score for the round and all the extras for the ribbon go towards your leveling score.

An easier way to level up Recon, or any class, is to just find a large conquest server with a small amount of people and just go around capturing points, since those go towards your recon score.

n0n44m

the regular spot bonuses add up nicely already if you're on the winning team :p and you can do something productive in the meantime, like study for that exam you have monday morning ;)

no seriously in the 10 matches I tried I was always top 5 on a winning team and top 3 on a losing team, and that's excluding ribbons&medals AFAIK

Mafro said:
An easier way to level up Recon, or any class, is to just find a large conquest server with a small amount of people and just go around capturing points, since those go towards your recon score.

I leveled up my Recon by playing TDM with the shotgun and the T-UGS. You just place a T-UGS in a building or a spot where you are a backed into a wall and everyone gets insta-spotted. One shot and they are dead. Most will just run right by you. I even got 100 shotgun kills in under an hour doing this.

DietRob

OldJadedGamer said:
I leveled up my Recon by playing TDM with the shotgun and the T-UGS. You just place a T-UGS in a building or a spot where you are a backed into a wall and everyone gets insta-spotted. One shot and they are dead. Most will just run right by you. I even got 100 shotgun kills in under an hour doing this.

For T-UGS do they get spotted only on the mini map or Doritos above the head? I don't have any experience with it.

DietRob

OldJadedGamer said:
Both, so not only you know about them but the entire team do.

Nice, it sounds just a tad cheesy but I know what I'll be doing later. :D

Gotta find a way to level up that recon since I'm horrible with sniper rifles but want to try out the toys like soflam and mav.

RbBrdMan said:
Nice, it sounds just a tad cheesy but I know what I'll be doing later. :D

Gotta find a way to level up that recon since I'm horrible with sniper rifles but want to try out the toys like soflam and mav.

I didn't want to do it but I wanted my MAV so I had no choice. I didn't want to sit camping with sniper rifle and be a waste to my team in real games. It was fun after I got into the groove of it but way too frantic for my tastes.

Also, I took the scopes off the sniper rifles and used them as just regular rifle. I got my sniper ribbon (and achievement), got my pistol ribbon, and my PDF ribbon by doing that.

TheSeks

I just want it on record that the IRNV on sniper scopes is utter moronic. You can't see where the bullet is being fired in general and have no clue what the magnification is. I guess it's for "battle recons" but if you can use the MK11 in close-range combat you're a better man than I.

TheSeks said:
I just want it on record that the IRNV on sniper scopes is utter moronic. You can't see where the bullet is being fired in general and have no clue what the magnification is. I guess it's for "battle recons" but if you can use the MK11 in close-range combat you're a better man than I.

It says on the scope name. It's x1

Zeppelin

Doc Holliday said:

It is pretty damn awesome on certain maps like Caspian and Kharg. I don't find it particularly useful on Seine (mostly because it doesn't hold it's altitude for some reason) and Bazaar (because it can't fly very high, which is understandable). I wouldn't say it's too good though. You've got to have friendlies on the ground distracting the enemy otherwise they'll just spot it and shoot it down. But yes, if you've got a good squad on the ground the enemy is so fucked.

hteng

Banned
the F2000 is the most broken shit gun in this game. fucking hate it, even when i use it, it feels like cheating.

i use shotgun with frags, it feels like i'm a space marine.

Binabik15

kitch9 said:
Uhm, that's not how lag works. You can have a fast connection with high ping, or a slow connection with low ping.

Yeah, but with my dad´s connection I could go on servers with a ping of <10, here the very best I can get is 44 with most servers that people are on being ~75.

hteng said:
the F2000 is the most broken shit gun in this game. fucking hate it, even when i use it, it feels like cheating.

i use shotgun with frags, it feels like i'm a space marine.

Hellz yeah, it´s retarded. Can you unlock frags for the MASS? If yes, how many kills?

OldJadedGamer said:

Any particular places? I´m still no good at shotties and I want to shot exploding bullets so bad.

TheSeks

Metalmurphy said:
It says on the scope name. It's x1

Oh, point being it's useless on snipers and I don't get why they included it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom