• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

.nimrod

hteng said:
the F2000 is the most broken shit gun in this game. fucking hate it, even when i use it, it feels like cheating.

i use shotgun with frags, it feels like i'm a space marine.
I'd say it's one of the few weapons that feels just right, i get way too many 95-100 kill assists with other weapons

CatPee

Binabik15 said:
Hellz yeah, it´s retarded. Can you unlock frags for the MASS? If yes, how many kills?

Yea, you can. I don't know exactly how many kills it takes, but within an hour of unlocking and running around with it, I unlocked all available rounds for it. It's THAT good.

.nimrod said:
I'd say it's one of the few weapons that feels just right, i get way too many 95-100 kill assists with other weapons

That's because it's OP.

TheSeks said:
I just want it on record that the IRNV on sniper scopes is utter moronic. You can't see where the bullet is being fired in general and have no clue what the magnification is. I guess it's for "battle recons" but if you can use the MK11 in close-range combat you're a better man than I.
IRNV is all i've been using since i got it unlocked for my US American Recon!

CatPee

.nimrod said:
I say the other weapons are underpowered.

The M249 and AEK-971 would like to disagree with you.

Just don't spray bullets everywhere like an idiot and the kills should be racking up. Part of the reason the F2000 is so OP is because its kick/recoil is extremely low.

.nimrod

CatPee said:
The M249 and AEK-971 would like to disagree with you.

Just don't spray bullets everywhere like an idiot and the kills should be racking up. Part of the reason the F2000 is so OP is because its kick/recoil is extremely low.
I like both of those, that's why i said "one of the weapons that feel just right". the M416 is good as well.
But they definitely lowered the weapon damages after the beta which they said they wouldn't. And the beta felt great in that department, every weapon felt useful (even though they didn't feel that different) but now you've got crap guns like the AN-94 or almost all PDWs.
They're next to useless now.

CatPee

Yea, and in the beta, people died stupidly quick. It really doesn't work well for the type of game that Battlefield is. But besides that, even the starting weapons feel great to use. The stat differences between the guns in BF3 are minimal and their main differences are usually tradeoffs for recoil/fire rate.

.nimrod

CatPee said:
Yea, and in the beta, people died stupidly quick. It really doesn't work well for the type of game that Battlefield is. But besides that, even the starting weapons feel great to use. The stat differences between the guns in BF3 are minimal and their main differences are usually tradeoffs for recoil/fire rate.
If the differences are minimal, how can one gun be OP?

And high weapon damage weapons work especially well for a game like Battlefield 3 because you can be healed and revived.
If i flank a group of 3-4 enemies and manage to sneak up on them, then i expect to kill them more or less unnoticed.
This isn't quake or UT where it's about maximizing damage, predicting the movement of a single player, etc. That wouldn't be balanced due to unlockable perks and attachments.
This should be about tactics and flanking and those should be rewarded. Bad Company 2 on PC failed at that since it sometimes took a whole magazine to kill a single person after they nerfed everything.

And don't tell me to play hardcore, because i don't want to miss out on basic features like a health indicator, map and spotting.
I'm not saying BF3 is bad the way it is, i'm just saying the gunplay in the beta with higher damage output felt better and more rewarding.

.nimrod said:
I like both of those, that's why i said "one of the weapons that feel just right". the M416 is good as well.
But they definitely lowered the weapon damages after the beta which they said they wouldn't. And the beta felt great in that department, every weapon felt useful (even though they didn't feel that different) but now you've got crap guns like the AN-94 or almost all PDWs.
They're next to useless now.
They didn't lower the damage, they fixed the bugs that caused excess damage erroneously.

.nimrod

Anton Sugar said:
They didn't lower the damage, they fixed the bugs that caused excess damage erroneously.
I'm not so sure about that, i played more than 50 hours of the beta and i'm over 97h in the retail version and they really feel a lot different.
They also said some other things (antenna destructable) that turned out to be false :/

CatPee

.nimrod said:
If the differences are minimal, how can one gun be OP?

And high weapon damage weapons work especially well for a game like Battlefield 3 because you can be healed and revived.
If i flank a group of 3-4 enemies and manage to sneak up on them, then i expect to kill them more or less unnoticed.
This isn't quake or UT where it's about maximizing damage, predicting the movement of a single player, etc. That wouldn't be balanced due to unlockable perks and attachments.
This should be about tactics and flanking and those should be rewarded. Bad Company 2 on PC failed at that since it sometimes took a whole magazine to kill a single person after they nerfed everything.

And don't tell me to play hardcore, because i don't want to miss out on basic features like a health indicator, map and spotting.
I'm not saying BF3 is bad the way it is, i'm just saying the gunplay in the beta with higher damage output felt better and more rewarding.

The differences between the majority of guns being minimal doesn't stop a single gun from being more powerful than the rest of the pack. The F2000 has the damage output of an AEK-971 (damned good) with even less recoil by default than the AEK with a foregrip on. Normally, the guns trade off a bit of one of those two characteristics for another, but the F2000 gets both.
In the chance that you do manage to successfully flank and want to go unnoticed, then toss a suppressor on any 30-rounds/mag gun. I don't think it takes any more than 6/7 bullets to take down an enemy at close range. If you're somehow having problems hitting those 3-4 enemies due to excessive spraying, then switch the fire mode to burst/single shot and tap fire away. And for what it's worth, Hardcore still retains the map and spotted enemies still show up on it.

.nimrod

CatPee said:
The differences between the majority of guns being minimal doesn't stop a single gun from being more powerful than the rest of the pack. The F2000 has the damage output of an AEK-971 (damned good) with even less recoil by default than the AEK with a foregrip on. Normally, the guns trade off a bit of one of those two characteristics for another, but the F2000 gets both.
In the chance that you do manage to successfully flank and want to go unnoticed, then toss a suppressor on any 30-rounds/mag gun. I don't think it takes any more than 6/7 bullets to take down an enemy at close range. If you're somehow having problems hitting those 3-4 enemies due to excessive spraying, then switch the fire mode to burst/single shot and tap fire away. And for what it's worth, Hardcore still retains the map and spotted enemies still show up on it.
Well, i'd just like it more if it was 2-4 bullets to kill someone.

CatPee

.nimrod said:
Well, i'd just like it more if it was 2-4 bullets to kill someone.

WAT

Fuck no. That essentially makes every Assault-Medic dead weight, every Support with C4 have no chances of getting close to a tank, Engineers getting killed before they fire the rocket off, and Recons get to have 1HK rifles. Nobody would be able to make a run for cover or rush and arm the M-COM, and nobody would be able to disarm it unless the area is completely ridden of enemies, which it seldom is.

Well, there IS a certain other FPS franchise with what you're looking for, if you're interested.

Anyone else having an issue with laser guided jet missiles visibly hitting the target you've locked on to (tank, jeep, whatever), and yet not getting anything for it? Not even a hit X?

It's happening to me more often than I can count. I'd go so far as to say it's happening to about a quarter of my missile hits.

When the SOFLAM is locking a target, it still happens, but with less regularity. Maybe 1 in 8?

Varna

The Faceless Master said:
IRNV is all i've been using since i got it unlocked for my US American Recon!

I don't understand how they can think it's okay to have flashlight, laser sight and IRNV behave as they currently do. Completely and utterly broken. Those things should have no practical use in any day time maps.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, I take it back. That's a little disappointing as you don't crumble to the next floor. Unless that's by design/real destruction happens to do that with gravity/weight etc. But blowing a hole in the roof only to free fall to the ground is a bit... :/

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
People are using frags with the shotguns? I might have to give that a try today. Most of the time it seems like buckshot is best for close range and slugs for long range. Although hitting someone in the head twice for it to count as a headshot with slugs is a little annoying.

I also find just switching to any other quick fire weapon gets me a better KD ratio, Even though i do love the shotgun style of play.

Nabs

evlcookie said:
People are using frags with the shotguns? I might have to give that a try today. Most of the time it seems like buckshot is best for close range and slugs for long range. Although hitting someone in the head twice for it to count as a headshot with slugs is a little annoying.

I also find just switching to any other quick fire weapon gets me a better KD ratio, Even though i do love the shotgun style of play.

Yeah, I like using the DAO-12 with frags and IRNV. It's funny.

Binabik15

No, no, no.

I had a stupidly fun game in Metro 64 Conquest with 25 M320 kills and several double and tripples, unlocked smoke grenades, some Assault gun, the UMP and got 17 ribbons overall and alt+f4´d out the round AFTER that, because I didn´t feel like continuing, it´s late.

Now all my progress is gone? Fuuuuck, why didn´t anybody tell me? Why couldn´I be arsed to wait till the killcam was gone and I could leave with Quit?! Damn me.

Edit: Phew, afer several minutes and a ton of refresh they´re here. Thought I lost half a level bar of progress there.

I was laughing my ass of so hard during that game. "Hey, maybe shot a grena...*double kill* hey, can´t happen twi...*double kill* *6 kill assists*. First M416 service star as well, my first service star in this game. Isn´t nearly as fun as American, though, even though some guys had over forty kills by the time I left o_O I had a ton of revives and deaths, but hardly any kills.

yeah, the anti air tank on Canals is nuts. It's common to see someone rack up an easy 10 to 15 kills on the first base, or a good 30 to 50 if the game goes all the way to the end. I say the defender should only get it on the last base or 2, or at least not on the first.

mr_nothin

Banned
.nimrod said:
I'm not so sure about that, i played more than 50 hours of the beta and i'm over 97h in the retail version and they really feel a lot different.
They also said some other things (antenna destructable) that turned out to be false :/
How was this ever false? The tower is destructible....just not in MP. The questions didnt state MP

computers putin' said:
yeah, the anti air tank on Canals is nuts. It's common to see someone rack up an easy 10 to 15 kills on the first base, or a good 30 to 50 if the game goes all the way to the end. I say the defender should only get it on the last base or 2, or at least not on the first.
They just need to re-balance it. Change the damage on it or something like that.

TheSeks

computers putin' said:

Or it spawns once and that's it. In addition to proper counters for it. Javalin can't hit it from the boat and heading out if it's at the proper spot is madness because it'll shut down advances in good hands.

I am fucking done with this game now, disconnections all the fucking time. Just tried to play through a co-op mission with my friend only to be disconnected both times, disconnected every other match if not multiple times through it. Nothing else times out multi-player wise except BF3.

mxgt

Banned
Mafro said:
PDW-R is disgustingly good. Wow, it's on par with the UMP in the beta.

Yup, I use it when I play support as I dislike LMGs

It's incredible in CQC and even holds its own at range too

AndyD

aka andydumi
CrookedRain said:
What's with the GAF server being set to Conquest Large with an 8 player limit?

Its to seed it. Apparently quick match wont put people into servers less than half full. So if you make it 8, and have 5, it will match 3 more in there. Then you up the limit to 12 and so forth.

We tried earlier with no luck past 10 or so.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
mr_nothin said:
How was this ever false? The tower is destructible....just not in MP. The questions didnt state MP
Isn't it scripted in SP as well?

And the person answering the question would have to be completely retarded to think that someone was asking about singleplayer when no one had any idea they would reuse that asset in singleplayer and people only knew of it's existence in multi. So yes, they are liars.

Binabik15 said:
Any particular places? I´m still no good at shotties and I want to shot exploding bullets so bad.

Metro. Get in an apartment building. Set a T-UGS in the stairwell, then go to the top floor and set a becon. You can blast everyone down below you on the street from the window and the sensor tells you if someone is coming up the stairs so you are ready for them.

And if someone does get lucky enough to get past you and kill you, just spawn at the beacon upstairs then walk down and blast that same guy in the face. He never....... NEVER sees it coming!

Binabik15

OldJadedGamer said:
Metro. Get in an apartment building. Set a T-UGS in the stairwell, then go to the top floor and set a becon. You can blast everyone down below you on the street from the window and the sensor tells you if someone is coming up the stairs so you are ready for them.

And if someone does get lucky enough to get past you and kill you, just spawn at the beacon upstairs then walk down and blast that same guy in the face. He never....... NEVER sees it coming!

Thanks, I´ll try that tomorrow. And hopefully get frags AND the T-UGS, I forgot that I have a mighty 20 Recon points so far.

Binabik15 said:
Thanks, I´ll try that tomorrow. And hopefully get frags AND the T-UGS, I forgot that I have a mighty 20 Recon points so far.

I had buckshot on. Found it was best for close range but have at it and good luck. Took me about 2 hours going from basically zero to the MAV.

Stallion Free said:
Isn't it scripted in SP as well?

And the person answering the question would have to be completely retarded to think that someone was asking about singleplayer when no one had any idea they would reuse that asset in singleplayer and people only knew of it's existence in multi. So yes, they are liars.

The tower is detructible on Rush, if you people played Rush you'll knew already lol (I don't think I saw it destroyed yet) so they were right, but at the same time totally misleading.

Also is the tower on SP? I don't remember at all.....

TheSeks

OldJadedGamer said:

You don't even need to do that. Just go with Metro in the tunnels on defense of Rush. The middle tunnel is a good place for the shotgun and you can camp the area and get kills.

The shotgun is crazy good with the buckshot default. So I'm scratching my head on how he's having issues getting Frag rounds, unless it's on PC... *shrug*

The tower is detructible on Rush, if you people played Rush you'll knew already

If it is, I haven't noticed. IIRC it's a ticket count event just like singleplayer.

Relaxed Muscle said:
The tower is detructible on Rush, if you people played Rush you'll knew already lol (I don't think I saw it destroyed yet) so they were right, but at the same time totally misleading.

Also is the tower on SP? I don't remember at all.....
i've never noticed it being destroyed and i've played rush on that map many times. makes me want to go try it now...

spidye

I'm sorry if already asked but where are the mobile aa's? (on ps3)
I haven't seen even one yet. just the stationary aa vehicles

Xux

spidye said:
I'm sorry if already asked but where are the mobile aa's? (on ps3)
I haven't seen even one yet. just the stationary aa vehicles
The defenders get one on one map on Rush. That's the only place.

spidye

Xux said:
The defenders get one on one map on Rush. That's the only place.
ok thanks. seems kind of pointless to me. oh well

another question. what are the best perks for jets? I use stealth-flares-heat guided missiles.

OG Kush

Can someone please tell me how to unlock extended mags?! I'm on the battlelog website and in the unlockables section on each gun theres no such thing!

snoopen

OG Kush said:
Can someone please tell me how to unlock extended mags?! I'm on the battlelog website and in the unlockables section on each gun theres no such thing!
Isn't it the ammo specialization ?

OG Kush said:
Look closer, shotguns/LMG some SMG's have them. That might be it ?

Just get kills with them, it will unlock

I don't have much experience with BF in the past, but my experiences have been not that great. It always felt like everyone was just snipers and I was target practice. I'd run 5 min, sniped. Repeat.
Granted I've only played on console, but has this changed in BF3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom