• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
desu said:
Posted a few times yes, the reason I dont get why they want to nerf IRNV, but I guess I am in a minority with that.

Because you can still clearly see people on the specs ops cammo, I never had a problem myself.

IRNV needs to me more like in the beta.

Man, I'm beyond annoyed at the fact that a decent amount of guns are unlocked via Co-op. I really want the KH2002 & G3A3, but I'd actually rather grind a million hours in Conquest/Rush than touch Co-op again. Such bullpoo.

Arnie

Foliorum Viridum said:
On the other hand, playing MW3 has made me realise how lackluster the gunplay is. Moreso than ever I find myself using equipment and turning to guns as a last resort. I actually don't think that's too much of a bad thing, though, since I'm ultimately getting two different things out of the games.

I've clocked up over 30 hours now. Yikes!
Personally, playing MW3 made me appreciate the gunplay of BF3 even more. The weight and power when you pull the trigger, combined with the reactions in the environment and how your enemies fall from your shots. It all combines to create what is, in my opinion the most satisfying shooter ever made.

As for Support it's serviceable, but no replacement to Engineer. C4 is brilliant, there's a rush when making a sneaky sprint towards a tank to plant it, but it's effectiveness is limited by it's short throwing range and the simple fact that tanks are so powerful at anti-infantry combat because of their co-axel lmg.

elseanio

mickcenary said:
Man, I'm beyond annoyed at the fact that a decent amount of guns are unlocked via Co-op. I really want the KH2002 & G3A3, but I'd actually rather grind a million hours in Conquest/Rush than touch Co-op again. Such bullpoo.

Yeah, I'll admit I used the exploit to unlock the G3A3. I really would never have done those missions over and over to unlock them.

Arnie said:
Personally, playing MW3 made me appreciate the gunplay of BF3 even more. The weight and power when you pull the trigger, combined with the reactions in the environment and how your enemies fall from your shots. It all combines to create what is, in my opinion the most satisfying shooter ever made.

As for Support it's serviceable, but no replacement to Engineer. C4 is brilliant, there's a rush when making a sneaky sprint towards a tank to plant it, but it's effectiveness is limited by it's short throwing range and the simple fact that tanks are so powerful at anti-infantry combat because of their co-axel lmg.

I miss being able to throw C4 like in BC2, in BC2 you could stay in cover and launch C4 to the terrain for surprise attacks, now you have to be in the open to plant them, mines included, it's a bit silly.

F#A#Oo

Banned
I'm really surprised that so far we have only gotten 1 patch...

I would have thought the first 2 weeks we would get 2-3 patches...

Not that I have much to complain about (Flashlights/Shitty placement for M-COM and Flags) but I hope it's not an indication of the support BF3 will be getting.

I was expecting them to have DLC up e.g. skins/dog tags.

Binabik15

mickcenary said:

I just played through bro-op. Got the KH2002 and tried it. Didn´t like it.

Which is the best way to farm co-op points? Every internet thread/vid has people arguing over this. My brother really wants the M39.

JB1981

excaliburps said:
What platform and server you on? I'm playing on PS3 and Asian servers are almost always full.

Kinda surprised me a bit that a lot of people on my friends list are playing BF3 compared to MW3. Some are playing Skyrim or Uncharted but the MW3, BF3 seems more prevalent. Then again, these people most likely are used to BC2 and that's why they're playing BF3.

Close to logging 100 hours into the game now. You unlock tags for the 5 Colonel Service Star, the 10, and so on.

Hope the VOIP gets patched in soon. That, and the bugs are what irks me. Otherwise, the game is good. I don't feel cheated or anything's unbalanced to be honest. I do hope we get more maps soon though, getting bored with only 9 maps so far.
360 east coast USA ... There are like 6 servers and they are all hosted by dice

Zeppelin

The shotguns in this game are way to weak. If someone is like a feet from you it's one shot one kill, if he's like 3 yards away you can put 4-5 shots in him without him dying. Very frustrating and I don't really see any improvement with either the frag or slug rounds.

Rank 12 now. Going to focus on Assault, I want that F2000. Running around reviving people is fun, I feel so naked when a tank rolls by though.

kitch9

Banned
Zeppelin said:
The shotguns in this game are way to weak. If someone is like a feet from you it's one shot one kill, if he's like 3 yards away you can put 4-5 shots in him without him dying. Very frustrating and I don't really see any improvement with either the frag or slug rounds.

Somethings wrong, some of the best rounds i've had are with the shotty.

Spl1nter

I dont know if anyone else had seen the explanation of skill level

So basically, this is what determines your skill level on your stats page:

• You gain/loose SL based on every confrontation with another player
• Killing a highly skilled enemy gives you more points than killing someone less skilled
• Points are not transferred from a player to another, they are simply added/subtracted based on the encounter and the SL of both parts (thus, after an encounter, one part may go up 50 points while the other loses only 20)
• The SL is used for matchmaking

Varna

CozMick said:
The Stinger in this game is useless, just give me a damn RPG that beeps.....

They work pretty well to me. Even if all they do is get the chopper to back off it's still a big help. It's easy enough to get disable with one engineer, get two to cooperate and it's easy as hell to just own aerial vehicles.

eznark

Banned
Anyone else use a rat 7 mouse? I'm looking to see if there is a profile for this game and have not found one. I've never tinkered with the profile editor myself and it looks a touch overwhelming.

Arnie said:

This isn't the garbage thread, so I'll just say I strongly disagree about being the best shooter ever made. I think the mechanics of shooting is probably the weakest aspect.

But yeah, my attempts at using C4 didn't go too well! I'll have to play around with it to see how best to use it :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
tsigo said:
Ok seriously, how do I get a Nemesis ribbon? Kill someone 7 times before they kill me once? What's the best mode? Does anyone have a good strategy? I don't know how this thing has eluded me so far.

Kill an enemy five times. It's completely possible if you go stealth and proceed to move around and kill them without them really coming to hunt you down. Five times without kills. Not 6-7. 6-7 only happens if you kill them again and the game glitches out or it's by design, and thinks you just made them a Nemesis again. Otherwise 5 kills 0 deaths on two enemies.

squidyj

TheSeks said:
Kill an enemy five times. It's completely possible if you go stealth and proceed to move around and kill them without them really coming to hunt you down. Five times without kills. Not 6-7. 6-7 only happens if you kill them again and the game glitches out or it's by design, and thinks you just made them a Nemesis again. Otherwise 5 kills 0 deaths on two enemies.

That still doesn't quite get the ribbon though, does it? you need two

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
squidyj said:
That still doesn't quite get the ribbon though, does it? you need two

No, it does. Do it on Rush. I did it on Damavand Peak third set. Get up some of the roofs and pick people off while they're busy with the rest of your team.

Or go sniper and move move move around in the background.

You only need to kill an enemy 6 times (Nemesis creation + tormenting Nemesis kill) or kill two enemies 5 times. It's completely possible.

I dont know if anyone else had seen the explanation of skill level

That's what it did in BC2 as well. It's utterly pointless and thankfully it doesn't pop up every bootup like BC2. :|

Specs ops camo actually decreases heat signatures on IRNV? Niiiice.

Hmmm... maybe I need to change to Spec Ops but the Dr. Pepper skin blends me into the background on most maps or in shadows pretty well to where most people don't notice me.

Gui_PT

MNC said:
I'm starting to love Support. C4 <3

Also, 33 knife kills. 3rd top weapon. Heck yeah.

Love running around sticking c4 to everything

90 knife kills here. 10 more and I get a service star yay!

desu

TheSeks said:

This is wrong in the current version of the game (pc). If its intended or not is another thing but you can die in between. Ive got like 75+ Nemesis ribbons from playing TDM and I can tell you that I died in between.

CatPee

JB1981 said:
Very few CQ/rush servers in my region this morning. COD taking all the players

I've been playing TDM very fun. Didn't realize it'd be 12v12

Toggle display full servers on and I can pretty much guarantee you that the server list jumps up to 1000 servers displayed. I was a bit curious as to why there were only ~270 20+ players CQ/Rush servers in America/Europe last night, then I toggled full servers and the list filled up instantly.

Though I've noticed that a good majority of servers for the game are hosted in Europe. The ratio for EU to NA servers is pretty much 10:1.

todahawk

kitch9 said:
Somethings wrong, some of the best rounds i've had are with the shotty.

I'm doing fine with the 870 but I really hate how you don't get the tight crosshairs with slugs like you did in BC2. The shotty's do seem really inconsistent. I've had lots of times where I hit a dude 2x (got hit markers both times) at close range and he doesn't die.

Shotty's were lots better in BC2 IMHO... and I don't mean the neo2000 slug sniping.

Makoto

They need to add a filter for servers with slots of 24 or greater. I'm tired of having these stupid 4 or 8-slot servers showing up but I also don't want to restrict my search to just 24, 36 and 64 because thee are also 36 or 40 or 48 slot servers out there.

Binabik15

greenjerk said:
I'm doing fine with the 870 but I really hate how you don't get the tight crosshairs with slugs like you did in BC2. The shotty's do seem really inconsistent. I've had lots of times where I hit a dude 2x (got hit markers both times) at close range and he doesn't die.

Shotty's were lots better in BC2 IMHO... and I don't mean the neo2000 slug sniping.

Indeed, I had FIVE hits on a guy 10 metres away with the DAO-12 and he didn´t die. Ever since I really want to play with shotguns, but going against people with AR and carbines is suicide, same with most PDWs. In the tight corridors or small rooms there´s explosive spam and you or your enemy are most likely dead frome something going kaboom before you´re in shotgun range.

I thought that maybe with the Rex or the M93R as a sidearm you´d be able to win close and medium rabge encounters and use the shottie for ultra-close combat. but I haven´t played after unlocking those pistols. Damn, grinding co-op is retarded, but somehow fun. Great way to practice headshots, too, I guess, I´m always too nervous to aim for the head, but here you won´t die and can see how you have to line them up/use the recoil for them.

DTKT

Binabik15 said:
Indeed, I had FIVE hits on a guy 10 metres away with the DAO-12 and he didn´t die. Ever since I really want to play with shotguns, but going against people with AR and carbines is suicide, same with most PDWs. In the tight corridors or small rooms there´s explosive spam and you or your enemy are most likely dead frome something going kaboom before you´re in shotgun range.

I thought that maybe with the Rex or the M93R as a sidearm you´d be able to win close and medium rabge encounters and use the shottie for ultra-close combat. but I haven´t played after unlocking those pistols. Damn, grinding co-op is retarded, but somehow fun. Great way to practice headshots, too, I guess, I´m always too nervous to aim for the head, but here you won´t die and can see how you have to line them up/use the recoil for them.

The shotgun lose power after 3 meters. They are pretty terrible.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Driving tanks is my new favorite thing to do. I've unlocked a ton of stuff for them the thermal scope is pretty cool. I've also unlocked guided shells but I'm unsure how to use them. Do they work in conjunction with a recon and soflam?

That is what I'm guessing anyway I haven't run into many people using soflam so the guided shell is sorta useless at this point.

RbBrdMan said:
Driving tanks is my new favorite thing to do. I've unlocked a ton of stuff for them the thermal scope is pretty cool. I've also unlocked guided shells but I'm unsure how to use them. Do they work in conjunction with a recon and soflam?

That is what I'm guessing anyway I haven't run into many people using soflam so the guided shell is sorta useless at this point.

That is, until you get a driver who's got a Tank service star and the third tank seat with it's onboard designator.

Then shit gets REAL

Nothing is better than seeing chopper pilots get lazed and then "derp derp my flares will save me" and then COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING THEM IN THE ASS WITH A RAKE.

Pennybags

RbBrdMan said:

The guided shells are useful even if used only to get two hits on an enemy very quickly.

CITV station is a magnificent force-multiplier for the tank, though.

EekTheKat

Just had the luckiest round ever, opposing team had no tank driver and my tank kit was basically geared for anti-infantry. It was basically an early Christmas for me driving up to each flag and picking off infantry one by one.

They did stop me a couple times, but only in a couple situations where half their team was focused on my tank, rest of my team picked up on it somewhat + went after the other capture points though.

I'm starting to love canister shells too, it's basically one big shotgun blast to the face of any infantry in range. I seem to do way better with it than using either machine gun variants.

Binabik15

Pennybags said:
The guided shells are useful even if used only to get two hits on an enemy very quickly.

CITV station is a magnificent force-multiplier for the tank, though.
More than 40k points too go :( With choppers getting better and better, engis exchanging repair tools for mines and rockets, rockets, flying everwhere, my last couple of tanks have been really shortlived. And the tank shells are not good enough against infantry.

I guess I can just drive around low player Conquest Large maps and get tons of flag captures.

Again.

Can you lase your own targets with seat switching?

elseanio

My new favourite thing to do is use Mortar solely on the opposite team mortar guys. Just shoot once, pack up and go till the return

OG Kush

call me back to this game when they unlock everything for everybody. Or atlest unlock all the vehicle upgrades. Tired of this shit.

Sec0nd

Need to get MW3 out of my system because BF3 is soooo much better. Damn OCD makes me want to max out my online level, thank god for those double exp tokens.

Zeppelin

Engineer, support and recon down, assault to go. Recon really grew on me in the end. It's a cool class. But I think I would liked it even better if it allowed you to carry both the MAV and the SOFLAM at the same time. And I don't think that would be too OP. Rounded it off by parachuting to the antenna and getting a 780 m headshot. :p

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Zeppelin said:
Engineer, support and recon down, assault to go. Recon really grew on me in the end. It's a cool class. Rounded it off by parachuting to the antenna and getting a 780 m headshot. :p
Are you able to put a spawn beacon at the base and parachute to the top on respawn?

Zeppelin

SapientWolf said:
Are you able to put a spawn beacon at the base and parachute to the top on respawn?

I don't know about putting at the base but putting it on one of the platforms up there will allow you to spawn in the parachute, yes. But it's pretty tricky to actually land on the platform once you've spawned.

.nimrod said:
The air-to-ground missiles for the gunner aren't very effective, they take too long to get a lock on and expose the helo to AA guns for too long, and a lot of tanks have smoke equipped which make them useless anyway.
Even though the TV missile is sometimes buggy, it is a lot more useful as the gunner.

C4 on jeeps happens to disappear sometimes for me as well, not sure what's causing it.

As I haven't unlocked the tv missile yet, so I can't comment on that. I do know that with a homing missile and canon I can usually destroy a tank about as fast as the pilot can.

demolitio said:
Mind you some pilots do that so there's not only more objects to delay AA from locking on, but also due to that permanent specialization where flying low makes you harder to detect and lock on to as if you're flying under radar. My problem with that is you're likely to be taken out by a tank or MG fire if you give them such a large target by being up close.

Does the below radar perk even work?

any ETA on a ps3 patch?

the audio problems in online are really getting silly.

seems to be whenever you enter a building it cuts the outside audio but when you run back outside sometimes the outside audio doesnt kick back in so you cant hear tants or choppers or gun fire.

there are some real good trade in deals for skyrim around here this week and god I am temped just to do that and pick up BF3 again when they have there shit sorted.

TCRS

Banned
The 870 shotgun is totally useless here. You'll always loose in a 1on1 fight. And sneaking and camping with the 870 is not exactly what shotguns were made for..

TCRS said:
The 870 shotgun is totally useless here. You'll always loose in a 1on1 fight. And sneaking and camping with the 870 is not exactly what shotguns were made for..

You're doing it wrong

OYKvF.png

Grand Bazaar was tailor made for the 870mcs + taclight. It's also devastating for Rush defense.

todahawk

Red Blaster said:
You're doing it wrong

OYKvF.png

Grand Bazaar was tailor made for the 870mcs + taclight. It's also devastating for Rush defense.

Well, that's two advocating the tac light, guess I'll give it a spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom