• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spl1nter

&Divius said:
Just unlocked the An94, my main weapon in BFBC2, did they change much? I absolutely loved it and owned with it in BFBC2.

Do not use the an94 in bf3. You will hate your self for using the worst assault weapon.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Man, GAF has some weird tastes. Hate Damavand Peak Rush, like Siene Crossing Rush, Grand Bazaar Rush.

Hell, same order for the Conquest maps. Might as well rename the thread "We love choke points and no flanking routes |OT|" :|

TheSeks

Do not use the an94 in bf3. You will hate your self for using the worst assault weapon.

Really? It seems they've nerfed EVERYTHING that was my favorite gun in BF3 or locked them to team-specifics (FUCK YOU DICE. I WANT MP-443 24/7 WITHOUT SHITTY LIGHTS AND SUPRESSORS! >:|) or didn't include them (FUCK YOU DICE: Y U NO GIVE ME GOL SNIPER MAGNUM?).

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TheSeks said:
Man, GAF has some weird tastes. Hate Damavand Peak Rush, like Siene Crossing Rush, Grand Bazaar Rush.

Hell, same order for the Conquest maps. Might as well rename the thread "We love choke points and no flanking routes |OT|" :|
I like Damavand in Rush a hell of a lot more than in Conquest. I also seem to be able to do the most flanking on Seine.

Spl1nter said:

What's so bad about it? If they want to keep it true to life, it should have super accuracy with it's burst fire--it has some special recoil mechanism that allows the two-shot bursts to be fired without recoil affecting the second shot, so you essentially get two shots for the "price" of one.

TheSeks

RoboPlato said:
I like Damavand in Rush a hell of a lot more than in Conquest. I also seem to be able to do the most flanking on Seine.

Damavand Conquest isn't great but it's a hell of a lot better than Seine Conquest. Try taking C against a good team and get back to me on that. Because C in Seine is chokepoints ahoy unless you take the stairs where "A" is in Rush, but that begs for a third person that is good for that area to take down anyone there.

Then try to take A/B against another good team, you pretty much can't because there's three places to hide and long "hallways"/roads that they can see you coming down unless you take the stairs up/down from C (for A) or D (for B) which an RPG/Sniper can cover.

At least Damavand has the helicopter to where you can fly OVER the tunnel and attempt to take A while everyone is busy at B.

TheSeks said:

Sometimes it's nice not to have 4,000 tanks, 40 jets, 50 helicopters, 90 jeeps, and 17 transports to deal with.

Divius

Anton Sugar said:
What's so bad about it? If they want to keep it true to life, it should have super accuracy with it's burst fire--it has some special recoil mechanism that allows the two-shot bursts to be fired without recoil affecting the second shot, so you essentially get two shots for the "price" of one.
yeah that's what I loved about it in BFBC2. It's basically a single shot rifle that fires 2 rounds and is super accurate. Headshot galore.

Spl1nter

Anton Sugar said:

but it doesnt have that in-game. It just has a lot of recoil, spray and low rpm.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
TheSeks said:
Damavand Conquest isn't great but it's a hell of a lot better than Seine Conquest. Try taking C against a good team and get back to me on that. Because C in Seine is chokepoints ahoy unless you take the stairs where "A" is in Rush, but that begs for a third person that is good for that area to take down anyone there.

Then try to take A/B against another good team, you pretty much can't because there's three places to hide and long "hallways"/roads that they can see you coming down unless you take the stairs up/down from C (for A) or D (for B) which an RPG/Sniper can cover.

At least Damavand has the helicopter to where you can fly OVER the tunnel and attempt to take A while everyone is busy at B.
Oh yeah, I forgot to say that I'm not a fan of Seine Conquest even though I like Rush on it quite a bit. The helicopter thing doesn't help me much since I can't fly helis at all. You remember what happened when I got put in the pilot's seat when we did co-op, right?

Soma

i love that sometimes when the round ends, you'll hear the "upbeat fuck yeah!" bf theme even when your team loses and the opposite "aww your team lost" music when your team wins. Though most of the time it's just silence for some reason.

Just reminds me of the "Your Team Lost" from BC2

Oh Dice...

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
moonspeak said:
i love that sometimes when the round ends, you'll hear the "upbeat fuck yeah!" bf theme even when your team loses and the opposite when your team wins. Though most of the time it's just silence for some reason.

Oh Dice...
I have no idea how DICE keeps messing up victory/loss messages.

rar

moonspeak said:
i love that sometimes when the round ends, you'll hear the "upbeat fuck yeah!" bf theme even when your team loses and the opposite "aww your team lost" music when your team wins. Though most of the time it's just silence for some reason.

Oh Dice...

i once got a glitch where 2 of the songs played at once, it was incredibly annoying

desu

Spl1nter said:

I suppose compared to the lasergun that is a F2000 with foregrip its not all that awesome. Otherwise Ive made quite some nice kills with it. The most shitty thing is that the game doesnt remember burst/auto mode after dying which gets annoying really fast. Played it unitl 500 kills but wont touch again until they fix it.

BattleMonkey said:
Nope, you gotta press the MP button to start the real game.
I guess so. I finished the SP out of curiosity, but now I'm really surprised of the end. How can you use such a half finished story, so few set pieces and still reuse parts??

Patrick Bateman said:
I guess so. I finished the SP out of curiosity, but now I'm really surprised of the end. How can you use such a half finished story, so few set pieces and still reuse parts??

If my internet ever goes out, I'll flip over to the SP.

Patrick Bateman said:

The story is quite finished. It just was lame.

Kak.efes

There isn't a single rifle in the assault tree that I've been able to settle on, it's kind of disappointing. Although the AN-94 suits my play style (medium to long range), its damage sucks, and the the F2000, and AEK are only really good for CQ. I've gone back to using the M16A for pretty much everything.

El'Kharn

&Divius said:
aw man, that sucks. Well, I'm gonna give it a try anyway.
Give it a go. I use it most of the time and enjoy much success with it.
It helps if you actually aim it and NOT fire it like your freakin Rambo or somethin.

Patrick Bateman said:
Does anything happen after the credits?

If not, it's one of the worst endings in a game ever.

Nope... but really what was left to do?
You stopped terrorist and recovered the last nuke. The end.

Ryuuga

Banned
TheSeks said:

I have to agree, the fact that they included aircraft in Damavand CQ is the one saving grace it has over Seine, although I'm not particularly fond of either. I cringe every time a server map rotates to Metro CQ. I figure whoever gets B first wins, but my team managed to turn that around and overtake the entire map by pushing through to C then ambushing from both sides. It's the worst map in CQ by far, but it still has it's own 'Battlefield Moments'.

Soma

i like Op Metro but only on Conquest. mainly because i've switched to Support as my main class and I wreck shit up on that map with the Pecheneg. I don't know what it is about that gun, i just have really good luck with it compared to all the other LMGs. Also I love being on the American side because if we're losing, the other team will have a tendency to move up leaving the cafe area unguarded.

One time I made a suicide sprint aaallllll the way past the entire team, held myself up in one of the buildings outside, had my squad spawn on me, and fortified the building with claymores. i'd supply my bros with ammo, they'd hand me medkits when we're getting fired on. we ended up taking the victory after being really behind on points. so great.

on Rush though, the map is freaking headache-inducing and if i'm doing TDM it feels like the Battlefield equivalent of Nuketown.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Had an attack heli harassing my tank so I scared him into flying low with the commander seat and then shot him down with the main gun and a canister shell. Man did that feel good.

TheSeks said:

You can flank in Siene and Bazaar in CQ.

Besides, choke points are thrown around as a bad thing on GAF when that's not always true. A good choke point directs action to one, intense point.

Take the alley in Bazaar, for example. A really narrow choke point where two sides go head-to-head. People bitch about it, but you can run around the highway and come in from the side in the middle OR just flank all the way around and go behind the enemy.

Choke points like that are fine. You can choose to go there and have an intense firefight or go around to try and sneak up on the enemies.

The same is true for Siene. You can always go one of two directions, there's no single way to any point.

Maybe someone here can help me:

Got a 4870 and whenever I turn the resolution up to native (1920 x 1080) something's wrong with the refresh rate, or at least it seems to be. The screen goes blurry. Dropping back down to 1600 x 900 works. But then that stupid catalyst control center underscans and I have to manually overscan it in order to get the res to fill the screen.

Similar issues anyone?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Looking forward to some patches for this game. There's a lot of minor things that add up to take away from the experience for me. I'd say 60% fun, 40% bullshit.

It feels like DICE had it's head shoved so far up Frostbite's ass that they forgot how to make good decisions part way through the dev process (armchair game dev, I know).

MNC

I often love the maps, until I recognize reused buildings from BC2 and I'm like fuck DICE, atleast develop one extra building.

Anton Sugar said:
Old, but I recently read that they are only nerfing the flashlight's range, not it's brightness. So it will still get blinding at close range.

My main concern is that they're nerfing it just so it's got a shorter range overall, or if it will actually act different indoors vs outdoors.

I fear and suspect the lazy route.

I hadn't seen that screenshot posted yet. I know the nerf news was old.

iam220

Anton Sugar said:
I fear and suspect the lazy route.

Not an expert in 3d programming, but I think there's a cost in keeping track if a player is indoors or not. Something something raycasting. Saying it's lazy without knowing the details involved in the implementation is unfair to the devs I think.

1-D_FTW

TheSeks said:

I was looking at the Gaf server stats yesterday and almost fell out of my chair when I saw Gran Bazaar was #1 in playtime.

Kak.efes said:
There isn't a single rifle in the assault tree that I've been able to settle on, it's kind of disappointing. Although the AN-94 suits my play style (medium to long range), its damage sucks, and the the F2000, and AEK are only really good for CQ. I've gone back to using the M16A for pretty much everything.

I agree... The M16A3 just feels like the best overall gun... it sucks that it is relegated to the side you spawn on though. Good range, good damage.

desu

iam220 said:
Not an expert in 3d programming, but I think there's a cost in keeping track if a player is indoors or not. Something something raycasting. Saying it's lazy without knowing the details involved in the implementation is unfair to the devs I think.

That may be true, but in all honesty, they should have thought about it and how to balance it before implementing it. In its current state its simply utter shit and I have no clue who thought it was a good idea to have something like that (talking about the crazy affect in outside levels and the long distance). To some extended I wish admins would be able to disable certain weapon add ons, but that would probably create a big mess with every server having weird rules.

desu

Forsaken82 said:
I agree... The M16A3 just feels like the best overall gun... it sucks that it is relegated to the side you spawn on though. Good range, good damage.

Finish all unlocks and you dont have to care about that anymore? Except switching to the right weapon until DICE saves the selected weapon (for the start weapons).

iam220

desu said:
That may be true, but in all honesty, they should have thought about it and how to balance it before implementing it. In its current state its simply utter shit and I have no clue who thought it was a good idea to have something like that (talking about the crazy affect in outside levels and the long distance). To some extended I wish admins would be able to disable certain weapon add ons, but that would probably create a big mess with every server having weird rules.

I must be the only who doesn't mind the flashlight. I guess it's one of those things that people really hate to be killed with (even if it hardly contributed to the kill). Kind of like the mortar, it can be seen as "cheap". I think the other attachments are much better anyway. Call it annoying but unbalanced it is not.

CatPee

iam220 said:
I must be the only who doesn't mind the flashlight. I guess it's one of those things that people really hate to be killed with (even if it hardly contributed to the kill). Kind of like the mortar, it can be seen as "cheap". I think the other attachments are much better anyway. Call it annoying but unbalanced it is not.

Yea I don't mind the flashlights much either. Hipfire slightly to the right of the light's center and I get a headshot on the other guy most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom