• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjay

TheSeks said:
Man, GAF has some weird tastes. Hate Damavand Peak Rush, like Siene Crossing Rush, Grand Bazaar Rush.

Hell, same order for the Conquest maps. Might as well rename the thread "We love choke points and no flanking routes |OT|" :|

lol. Damavand Peak & Seine Crossing are such garbage maps for Conquest.

My top 3 conquest maps would be Operation Firestorm, Kharg Island & Noshahr Canals.

If I had control of a sever, I would only play the above 3 maps, hint hint.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
moonspeak said:
i love that sometimes when the round ends, you'll hear the "upbeat fuck yeah!" bf theme even when your team loses and the opposite "aww your team lost" music when your team wins. Though most of the time it's just silence for some reason.

Just reminds me of the "Your Team Lost" from BC2

Oh Dice...
Legacy code perhaps? ;)

kendrid

Banned
blurredvision said:
Ever had the thought that people do, in fact, find that fun? Reminds me of when Black Ops came out last year and everybody on the internet complained about people voting for Nuke Town over and over and over. To hear everybody on the internet, it was the shittiest map ever and the people voting for it were just trolling. God forbid you find out that maybe you're part of the minority who doesn't like it and everybody else does.

I love Nuketown weekend. I played that map for hours and never got bored of it.

If you don't like a map quit and find a different server.

desu

iam220 said:
I must be the only who doesn't mind the flashlight. I guess it's one of those things that people really hate to be killed with (even if it hardly contributed to the kill). Kind of like the mortar, it can be seen as "cheap". I think the other attachments are much better anyway. Call it annoying but unbalanced it is not.

I played a lot of TDM recently with like 75% of the people having Tac Lights ... sorry but its just cheap. It all comes down to who can blind who first ...

Also if it was implemented WELL it would be much less of a problem for me, but its just garbage.

Rapstah

moonspeak said:
i love that sometimes when the round ends, you'll hear the "upbeat fuck yeah!" bf theme even when your team loses and the opposite "aww your team lost" music when your team wins. Though most of the time it's just silence for some reason.

Just reminds me of the "Your Team Lost" from BC2

Oh Dice...
I don't think there is a specific "your team lost" theme. I've been getting the same song for both losing and winning on a map-to-map and mode-to-mode basis. Especially Rush seems to do the same song for winning and losing, mostly the sad one.

iam220

desu said:
I played a lot of TDM recently with like 75% of the people having Tac Lights ... sorry but its just cheap. It all comes down to who can blind who first ...

Not at all my experience, but I don't play a lot of TDM. I did have a few rounds of it a day or two back and don't recall anyone using the tac light. PC or console?

Binabik15

I think I'll get the G3A3 this week, should be nice. In BC2 I rocked so hard as a G3 wielding combat recon...on PS3. I hope for DICE (and myself) that it's as good as people on youtube say, I haven't seen one in the wild, I think.

PC is sometimes still a brave new world. People are just so agile and good shots. The whole game is played faster, more brutal.

After grinding co-op I think I'll go Rush exclusive for a time, I barely touched it so far. Nothing compares to rushing, arming and defending a set m-com, IMO. Getting those two m-coms on Demavand (my only ones since the beta, lol) was way more adrenaline pumping than everything I experienced in CQ. Losing Rush is much more frustrating, though, and you're like a headless chicken until you know where you should be, where you can be hit from etc. And from the limited time I spent on Rush, I've never seen attackers win. Put m-coms back in collapsible buildings or something equally stupid, please.

Rapstah

Binabik15 said:
I think I'll get the G3A3 this week, should be nice. In BC2 I rocked so hard as a G3 wielding combat recon...on PS3. I hope for DICE (and myself) that it's as good as people on youtube say, I haven't seen one in the wild, I think.

PC is sometimes still a brave new world. People are just so agile and good shots. The whole game is played faster, more brutal.

After grinding co-op I think I'll go Rush exclusive for a time, I barely touched it so far. Nothing compares to rushing, arming and defending a set m-com, IMO. Getting those two m-coms on Demavand (my only ones since the beta, lol) was way more adrenaline pumping than everything I experienced in CQ. Losing Rush is much more frustrating, though, and you're like a headless chicken until you know where you should be, where you can be hit from etc. And from the limited time I spent on Rush, I've never seen attackers win. Put m-coms back in collapsible buildings or something equally stupid, please.
Congratulations on finding the ' button! Suddenly your posts are completely normal and good. I wanted to say something every time you used ´ instead but it appears you solved it yourself.

On topic, why is it that the 3.4* scope is the LAST unlock for Recon semi-automatics, and the FIRST unlock for the M249, much earlier in Support's tree, which starts off with a bipod and gets flash suppressor as its second unlock? I don't think I'll ever play Recon again except for MAV trolling.

Binabik15

Rapstah said:
Congratulations on finding the ' button! Suddenly your posts are completely normal and good. I wanted to say something every time you used ´ instead but it appears you solved it yourself.

On topic, why is it that the 3.4* scope is the LAST unlock for Recon semi-automatics, and the FIRST unlock for the M249, much earlier in Support's tree, which starts off with a bipod and gets flash suppressor as its second unlock? I don't think I'll ever play Recon again except for MAV trolling.
Wut?

I'm on my phone, it only shows ' since the French accents are already on the letters when you keep pressing them.

I didn't even realise there was a difference or that there's an apostrophe on my keyboard. Nobody ever said anything, not even teachers. I guess even in German I'd have to use the apostrophe sign for conractions. Weird, I'll look into German online press releases and see wha they're doing. Handwriting has them look identical, anyway.

desu

iam220 said:
Not at all my experience, but I don't play a lot of TDM. I did have a few rounds of it a day or two back and don't recall anyone using the tac light. PC or console?

PC and may be a server specific thing, but its really annoying.

Whilst I can understand it from a realism point of view, I don't understand why people are complaining about the torch light indoors vs outdoors from a balance point of view. What's it got to do with balance?

Kaltagesta said:
Whilst I can understand it from a realism point of view, I don't understand why people are complaining about the torch light indoors vs outdoors from a balance point of view. What's it got to do with balance?

They die to a person with the flashlight with the power of the sun, they feel angry and cheated.

Though don't really see it as an issue, as at least on the PC, rarely see anyone using flashlights anymore hardly. But at least it's getting toned down, because it really was an absurd looking light effect

desu

Kaltagesta said:

1. Realism
2. When you see someone from the side that has Tac Light on, there is barely any indicators, all I have seen is some occasional blinking. Come on that shit blinds you like 10 suns from just a couple of meters away (on an outside map with day light) but when someone runs sideways you see nothing of that. It just has not enough disadvantages.
3. No counter measure! Give me some super sun glasses or whatever ... honestly IRNV is faaar less of a problem since it has its own disadvantages and you work against it buy choosing the right clothes.

iam220 said:
I must be the only who doesn't mind the flashlight. I guess it's one of those things that people really hate to be killed with (even if it hardly contributed to the kill). Kind of like the mortar, it can be seen as "cheap". I think the other attachments are much better anyway. Call it annoying but unbalanced it is not.

CatPee said:
Yea I don't mind the flashlights much either. Hipfire slightly to the right of the light's center and I get a headshot on the other guy most of the time.

"Not minding" the flashlight doesn't excuse how idiotic it's outdoor implementation is. I'm 100% okay with it indoors and don't bitch about it at all in that regard--it's the outdoor use that brings about facepalm time.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Anton Sugar said:
"Not minding" the flashlight doesn't excuse how idiotic it's outdoor implementation is. I'm 100% okay with it indoors and don't bitch about it at all in that regard--it's the outdoor use that brings about facepalm time.
I think they just need to tweak its area of effect. There's no point in making something that only works indoors because most of the fighting takes place outside.

SapientWolf said:
I think they just need to tweak its area of effect. There's no point in making something that only works indoors because most of the fighting takes place outside.

I wouldn't even mind it working outdoors, just not to the extent it does now.

Wish I knew more about programming or what have you. Your vision already adjust based on whether you're looking at a bright light or dark space/is based on HDR--I wish your eyes would actually "adjust" to the flashlight by the same rule.

Ryuuga said:
No, they're empty and they'll remain (for the most part) from now up until B2K.

There are a lot of quality games out right now.

GAF is a fickle beast, as well. PC BC2 game dwindled to about 20 consistent peeps, usually for weekend games.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Kaltagesta said:
What's it got to do with balance?

Person with Tact Light can see the person they're shooting at while the person without a tactical light can't. Why do you think if you pack a tactical light and turn it on that the person stops shooting and awaits their death? It turns into "spray and pray" and 9/10 of the time you lose that spray and pray because you CAN'T FUCKING SEE WHERE THE FUCK THEY ARE BECAUSE YOU'RE BLIND. It isn't "skillful" and it sure as fuck isn't balanced in the gameplay perspective. It may be "realistic" to be blind, but there is no fucking way you're going to be COMPLETELY blind against a person that has a flashlight in a firefight unless they're all up in your face within 3 feet.

TheSeks said:
It may be "realistic" to be blind, but there is no fucking way you're going to be COMPLETELY blind against a person that has a flashlight in a firefight unless they're all up in your face within 3 feet.

In the dark, it is very realistic indeed. Taclights are incredibly powerful. It's outdoors in where it's overdone and silly.

The attachment just feels pointless though in a game like this when there aren't a bunch of night maps.

Jtrizzy

abuC said:
You playing on PC or PS3?

PS3 for now. Too lazy to learn KB/M I guess, and it keeps crashing during the campaign. I got tired of tinkering with the G 13, and was getting this weird stuttering with mouse movement. Finally got fed up after two weeks of not really playing the game and got the version I know I can have fun with out of the box.

It is a shame considering my pc, but I just wanted to enjoy the game instead of getting raped all day because my KB skills suck. What about you?

BTW, what drivers are Nvidia folks using? 580 here.

abuC

Jtrizzy said:
PS3 for now. Too lazy to learn KB/M I guess, and it keeps crashing during the campaign. I got tired of tinkering with the G 13, and was getting this weird stuttering with mouse movement. Finally got fed up after two weeks of not really playing the game and got the version I know I can have fun with out of the box.

It is a shame considering my pc, but I just wanted to enjoy the game instead of getting raped all day because my KB skills suck. What about you?

BTW, what drivers are Nvidia folks using? 580 here.

I like the G13 a lot, I still get the keys mixed up a lot, but it's getting better. My aim with the mouse isn't that great, but the graphics keep me coming back. I haven't had that many problems, the biggest issue I had was that the game was running at a much lower resolution than it was saying. I messed with my desktop themes and it's now running in 1080p on ultra and locked at 60fps no matter what, it's glorious.

Im using the new Beta drivers, haven't had many crashes.

Mafro

TheSeks said:
The hell is PTFO? And WTF at people running past him that don't notice he's an enemy.
You'd be surprised how often stuff like that happens. I had an enemy throw an ammo crate at me as I was lying prone in the bush, hiding from the LAV he just exited. It's also very easy to just run and "hide" amongst an enemy team if they are all bunched together, 64 player Metro conquest is good for this. Got behind a squad and unleashed hell with my PDW-R + extended magazine.

leng jai

After 23 levels I'm still having a hard time seeing people in this game. Discerning between whose friend/foe is a problem as well especially in clusterfucks where the blue names are everywhere.

Anton Sugar said:
Old, but I recently read that they are only nerfing the flashlight's range, not it's brightness. So it will still get blinding at close range.

My main concern is that they're nerfing it just so it's got a shorter range overall, or if it will actually act different indoors vs outdoors.

I fear and suspect the lazy route.
c'mon son, you know in your heart they aren't going to make it w9ork differently indoors and outdoors!

iam220 said:
well, the counter to mortars is counter-mortars, and it's dirt easy to throw your ammo box, lay your mortar, wait, see their icon pop up, drop a mortar on their head, back out and keep it moving. while with the flashlight, it just means if you counter-flashlight pick, you're both just blind.

Uchip

Banned
the spawn points are so utterly broken in TDM/squad DM
like i actually spawned at the start facing another guy and we had a shoot off at point blank
then they always spawn soon as i turn away, like as if they wait for nobody to be looking to spawn then shoot you in the back

Daigoro

Binabik15 said:

sorry, but its not.

once i maxed out every class in BC2 besides Recon, i switched over and became a G3 weilding Recon user and it was heaven. i never went back to any other class or gun.

the BF3 G3 is a pale imitation of the BC2 gun. i was very dissatisfied.

njean777

Support class is so easy to use in this game its a joke, I literally am a killing machine with this class. Playing on 360 btw.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I really hate the bugs and niggles the game still has. Chief offenders are the VOIP and squad system being borked. Makes playing as a SQUAD seem senseless. It got so bad that we can't even hear each other in-game.

I really hope they put a patch out soon. If not, some players might jump to Halo, MW3, etc. because of frustration. I got a few friends to buy BF3 but they're newbies to the genre/franchise and need all the help they can get. How on earth can we help them if VOIP isn't working?

More maps, unlockables, Battlecorder and those damn bugs being squashed is about all I need for the game, to be honest.

I also think I played with a couple of boosters. Two guys who were at level 45 - 10 stars and 45 -7 stars, but they sucked - HARD!. In three games, they always managed to be near the bottom of the scoreboard and when we went head to head, they didn't even do any significant damage. Just felt like they weren't even average players. Boosters? First thing that popped to my head.

Varna

Anyone else getting this weird green flashing? Thought it might be my card dying but it's not happening in any other game and my temps are fine (65c for a 580).

Jtrizzy

Trying to join a game on Battlelog, and I am unable. Just stalls out at "connecting" in the little box in the corner. Could this be something with punkbuster? I'm sure it's something on my end. Any tips?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Varna said:
Anyone else getting this weird green flashing? Thought it might be my card dying but it's not happening in any other game and my temps are fine (65c for a 580).

I get the same from time to time. I'm almost certain it has nothing to do with the video card but with the game itself.

njean777

Varna said:

It happens on the xbox also, so take that for what it may mean...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom