• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
The M40A5 is just awful. I was looking forward to unlocking it but ended up very disappointed because it takes up HALF THE SCREEN during the sprinting animation. So annoying.

Ubersnug

FUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Was about to get the mcom defend ribbon for the first time last night (last ribbon I need for the whole set) when I get disconnected from EA online. Fuck was I pissed!

Why is this ribbon a pain in the arse to get? In bad company 2 you only had to kill an attacker near the mcom for it to register towards the ribbon.

jorma

is now taking requests
My mind was just blown when i discovered you can kill people with the MAV by jamming mines so they explode.

alphaNoid

Banned
So I've just been a machine lately. Support class+M249+foregrip+suppression+HOLO+expanded mag farming Operation Metro = MASS LEVELING! I had a few games today where i was god-like, one I went 68-7. Most of the time I'm finishing 4 to 1, usually with over 30 kills and single digit deaths. Grenades, suppression and rearming my team = max leveling its unreal.

All I play now is Metro only servers to farm XP. I went from level 16 to 21 in like 2 hours.

alphaNoid said:
So I've just been a machine lately. Support class+M249+foregrip+suppression+HOLO+expanded mag farming Operation Metro = MASS LEVELING! I had a few games today where i was god-like, one I went 68-7. Most of the time I'm finishing 4 to 1, usually with over 30 kills and single digit deaths. Grenades, suppression and rearming my team = max leveling its unreal.

All I play now is Metro only servers to farm XP. I went from level 16 to 21 in like 2 hours.

Farming XP on Op Metro...? Really? I don't care if I get through levels slowly, actually is better for me, the game will last longer. I found in BC2 that when I unlocked everything I had less motivation to play it.

aznpxdd

alphaNoid said:

Guilty of this as well. I've been leveling my Support today playing Metro, and god damn its so easy. I think I must've gotten 40+ resupply ribbon and 200+ grenade kills today.

Zomba13

So my copy finally arrived yesterday and I noticed sometimes when playing I got random green flashes.

I googled and it seems to be a common problem but I can't seem to find a solution.
(PC version btw, latest Nvidia drivers (non beta ones))

Fallout-NL said:
Maybe someone here can help me:

Got a 4870 and whenever I turn the resolution up to native (1920 x 1080) something's wrong with the refresh rate, or at least it seems to be. The screen goes blurry.

Similar issues anyone?

Anyone?

Patrick Bateman said:
Err,
I fled from some agency-prison?

Legally, your dude is likely going to serve some time or at best just get dishonorably discharged. Of course in magic game story land one can say he might have been let go and made a hero silently. Your Russian counterpart who also went against his people is shown with people coming after him likely to arrest him kills himself.

belvedere said:
Nice man.

Was there bridges in the BF2 Gulf? I don't remember them, but it's been awhile haha.

There were, at least on the way to the MEC base there was one over a river, but I didn't recognize the map at all from that footage.

Btw, are the console Conquest versions going to have 3flags on gulf of oman and Karkand only?
What next? cut of half of wake Island and make both teams spawn on the island?

boris feinbrand said:
There were, at least on the way to the MEC base there was one over a river, but I didn't recognize the map at all from that footage.

Btw, are the console Conquest versions going to have 3flags on gulf of oman and Karkand only?
What next? cut of half of wake Island and make both teams spawn on the island?

Demize claimed that Karkand on consoles has 5 flags. So either he's wrong (extremely possible) or there are scalable maps on consoles.

Seanspeed said:
You should warn people how painful these videos are to watch. Dear god.

lol.gif

I hadn't been able to watch them when I posted them, sorry. It's funny because the video description says the publisher gave permission to post these. Why do they not find good players for this kind of promotion???

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Seanspeed said:
You should warn people how painful these videos are to watch. Dear god.
They're fucking terrible. I want to see the maps but holy shit they're awful. The guy playing has to be purposefully playing poorly. I refuse to believe that anyone getting to attend an BF3 event is actually this bad. I'm not even a particularly good player but at least I can hit things.

Anton Sugar said:
15 mins Strike at Karkand

13 mins Gulf of Oman

Both are PS3 and the 3-flag map versions. Conquest Assault, at least the Gulf vid.
Karkand is Conquest Assault also, check the 3:00 mark

and wow, the person playing is TERRIBAD

Anton Sugar said:
Demize claimed that Karkand on consoles has 5 flags. So either he's wrong (extremely possible) or there are scalable maps on consoles.
wrong like 7 flag Kharg?

Anton Sugar said:

Well at the very least they should give us the 32 player layout of the classic maps (5 caps on Gulf and I guess 5 on Karkand) Wake NEEDS 5 flag points to even work. If they go below they could simply throw that map aways cause it won't work, simple as that.

Binabik15

alphaNoid said:

Were do you get your kills with the LMG? All I see are grenades, rockets and 40mm grenades flying everywhere. And tons of support guys, true, but where's the shooting action happening? Escalators? Blown up. Stairs? Blown up. I could imagine that there could be a bloodbath once the Americans get the ticket hall or cafe, but 3/4ths of my CQ metro kills are with stuff blowing up.

Not sure if I should continue with the Type 88 or start unlocking stuff for the M249? Without graphs it's hard to know which gun to use.

PS: why is everybody using holo over the red dot? It's ugly. Is ADS faster or what?

Rainy Dog

Binabik15 said:
PS: why is everybody using holo over the red dot? It's ugly. Is ADS faster or what?

The RDS is clearer but I find that the dot is a bit too subtle and gets lost amongst all the screen clutter and effects and whatnot.

Although Firestorm and Karg are nice they are hella flat with not much between flags. The overall atmosphere of those two maps makes me think of BC maps like Arica and Oasis. More urban environment in a stretched out map with more variation in heigth. Something I am missing in BF3.

PjotrStroganov said:
Although Firestorm and Karg are nice they are hella flat with not much between flags. The overall atmosphere of those two maps makes me think of BC maps like Arica and Oasis. More urban environment in a stretched out map with more variation in heigth. Something I am missing in BF3.

Firestorm is surrounded by beautiful mountains--it's a shame they couldn't work more interesting terrain into the design. That stretch of field between D and E is a bit boring, though it's actually a decent flank, since it's rarely paid attention to. Sometimes you can catch 3-4 dudes running across out in the open.

But yeah, verticality is sorely missing in these maps.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Anton Sugar said:
15 mins Strike at Karkand

13 mins Gulf of Oman

Both are PS3 and the 3-flag map versions. Conquest Assault, at least the Gulf vid.

EDIT: Warning -- god-awful aiming within.

Thanks for the vids! Yeah, gotta agree with everyone. This is one of the worst people I've seen "play" in a long while...heck, my wife could play better than him!

I can't wait for the new maps! Here's hoping the patch will come before it; and if we're lucky, Battlcorder, too! :D

I hope we get a steady stream of new content every 2-3 months. The 9 maps are good, but I really want more.

todahawk

Pete Rock said:
Yes, I would love to see more of the B2K maps, but that is truly blasphemy. Not even worth recording it's so bad.

Honestly, the gameplay is so bad that it makes the new maps look bad. Those vids are doing more damage/bad PR than good.

It would be like a Porsche commercial with me driving around a senior citizen community with speed bumps every 20 feet.

iam220

The motion sensor is sooo good. The fact that you can pick it up and reposition it makes it that much better. Once they buff the UMP again I think recon will be my new favorite class. I think one of the game tips mentioned that it can be avoided if you "move slowly". Do they mean if you crouch move or does walking also count as "moving slowly"?

RoboPlato said:
They're fucking terrible. I want to see the maps but holy shit they're awful. The guy playing has to be purposefully playing poorly. I refuse to believe that anyone getting to attend an BF3 event is actually this bad. I'm not even a particularly good player but at least I can hit things.

Maybe a PC player playing who's not used to console controls. Speaking of which, is that how the maps play on 24 players? Feels really empty.

Binabik15

Anton Sugar said:
Holo is sexy, dawg. I like the sight picture. It's also 1.5x, compared to RDS 1x.
It has zoom? Hm, I guess I'll have to try it. I still don't like the giant circle, though.

It's crazy what's going on on-screen, shaking trees, flying papers, debris etc. I think I see someone, but it's nothing. It's crazy to look at this and BC2 in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom