• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I really wish that the M145 3.4x was an earlier unlock. I'm not a fan of the Russian one but the US 3.4x is perfect. Quick ADS and it's really easy to place my shots with it. I switched over to it on my SCAR and I love it now. Not looking forward to having to grind for it again with the F2000 and the G36C since I'm on the verge of unlocking both of those.

jorma

is now taking requests
OldJadedGamer said:
I got 2 kills out of like 10 tries. It is harder than it should be.

I saw a recon playing rush on bazaar, and he was pretty nifty with the mav. He was 15-0 and he got me 3 times with that fucking thing before i had enough and made it my mission to kill it :D
Oh, and I was not camping prone or anything, just grinding in the hallways trying to get a better scope unlocked for my gun...

PjotrStroganov said:
Although Firestorm and Karg are nice they are hella flat with not much between flags. The overall atmosphere of those two maps makes me think of BC maps like Arica and Oasis. More urban environment in a stretched out map with more variation in heigth. Something I am missing in BF3.

They all have tons of terrain elements, they don't have much curviture and such but they are quite cluttered. Firestorm is very busy within the flags outside of the one side base that is set to the side away from the warehouses and such. Quite a bit of stuff in Firestorm to be climbing on and various levels. It is set on a hill basically too.

Karg is the one that is just overly flat and straightforward.

iam220

commish said:
After playing on some 1200 flag maps, playing on 300 flag maps is rough. Too short!

As much as I love the 1200 flags, I can't always stick around for the potential 2 hour game and therefore have to loose all my stats when I quit. Screwing me out of progressing on my unlocks. sigh. Another way unlocks manages to ruin my fun.

todahawk

iam220 said:
As much as I love the 1200 flags, I can't always stick around for the potential 2 hour game and therefore have to loose all my stats when I quit. Screwing me out of progressing on my unlocks. sigh. Another way unlocks manages to ruin my fun.

I remember the first time I picked assault on the Russian team after unlocking some stuff for the US assault. I kept looking for my damn accessories and was baffled as to why they were locked. I thought my profile was bugging out until I went back to US and saw they were unlocked. I just kept thinking there was no way they would make unlocks specific to the team you were randomly assigned to, would they?

iam220 said:

Wha? Quitting doesn't make you lose your stats.

If you quit a game, or even disconnect because of your internet or something, you keep your stats. If the server crashes, you lose them.

You haven't noticed that, even if you quit a game halfway through, you'll get a Battle Report whenever the round ends?

greenjerk said:
I remember the first time I picked assault on the Russian team after unlocking some stuff for the US assault. I kept looking for my damn accessories and was baffled as to why they were locked. I thought my profile was bugging out until I went back to US and saw they were unlocked. I just kept thinking there was no way they would make unlocks specific to the team you were randomly assigned to, would they?

Unlocks are weapon-specific, not faction-specific. Of course, for the starting faction guns, it's both until you unlock all faction weapons.

iam220 said:
2 hours?!

I've been playing on a 1000 ticket server and it takes like 45 minutes, maybe. I definitely got two games in over two hours last night.

iam220

Anton Sugar said:

If you quit a game, or even disconnect because of your internet or something, you keep your stats. If the server crashes, you lose them.

You haven't noticed that, even if you quit a game halfway through, you'll get a Battle Report whenever the round ends?

Excellent, I usually look at my battle feed to see if my unlocks were showing up there and they weren't, but now that you mention it, the unlocks ARE there for my gun, just not on the battle feed. I guess thats what threw me off. That would mean that the battle feed is only updated if you're in the game at the end of the round?

Foliorum Viridum said:
2 hours?!

I've been playing on a 1000 ticket server and it takes like 45 minutes, maybe. I definitely got two games in over two hours last night.

Well if one team is raping the other a 1000 ticket server can be done in like 20 minutes. I've played against a team that got us down to 0 tickets while they still had like 650, that was brutal, but when you play a very close match the round tends to last a loong time, perhaps 2 hours is an exaggeration but it definitively feels like over an hour.

jorma said:
I saw a recon playing rush on bazaar, and he was pretty nifty with the mav. He was 15-0 and he got me 3 times with that fucking thing before i had enough and made it my mission to kill it :D
Oh, and I was not camping prone or anything, just grinding in the hallways trying to get a better scope unlocked for my gun...

I love screwing with recons far out in the field. Like a nat buzzing in their ear.

Recon is probably the most underrated class in the game but has great options for teamwork. The MAV (from a teammate) has saved my life numerous times/allowed me to hunt down enemies around a capture point, an intelligently placed Spawn Beacon can be the key to winning a Rush round, and if they work out the glitches with the Javelin, the SOFLAM will be crucial for anti-vehicle work.

I think most people are just taken by surprise, because the Recon/sniper class is usually just instant gratification.

iam220 said:
Excellent, I usually look at my battle feed to see if my unlocks were showing up there and they weren't, but now that you mention it, the unlocks ARE there for my gun, just not on the battle feed. I guess thats what threw me off. That would mean that the battle feed is only updated if you're in the game at the end of the round?

Nice. That would have been DICE's dumbest move yet
lol.gif

todahawk

Anton Sugar said:

Unlocks are weapon-specific, not faction-specific. Of course, for the starting faction guns, it's both until you unlock all faction weapons.

I got ya but as far as I'm concerned (and I have to imagine most players encountering this for the first ime), it seems faction specific. I've unlocked enough all kit guns but it seems a very odd choice to have the starting rifles for recon be so different depending on faction. I ground through it but it was and is a big turn off.

I have a ton of shit unlocked for the m249 but practically nothing on the RU side.

iam220

greenjerk said:
I got ya but as far as I'm concerned (and I have to imagine most players encountering this for the first ime), it seems faction specific. I've unlocked enough all kit guns but it seems a very odd choice to have the starting rifles for recon be so different depending on faction. I ground through it but it was and is a big turn off.

I have a ton of shit unlocked for the m249 but practically nothing on the RU side.

The m249 is also available to the russians. Only the starting guns are different for RU and US sides, and later on you can unlock those guns to be used for both sides.

Anton Sugar said:
Recon is probably the most underrated class in the game but has great options for teamwork. The MAV (from a teammate) has saved my life numerous times/allowed me to hunt down enemies around a capture point, an intelligently placed Spawn Beacon can be the key to winning a Rush round, and if they work out the glitches with the Javelin, the SOFLAM will be crucial for anti-vehicle work.

You're forgetting the motion sensor, place one on the hill at caspian for example and you're pretty much guaranteed to hold it while its active.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Anton Sugar said:
Length can depend on the player count and how good the teams are. If it's an even match for most of the round, it could take a loooong time.

That's the truth. On some maps (like the dam), it's hard to get 4 or 5 flags, so a 1200 ticket server match can last forever. Helpful if you want to get ribbons :)

Rainy Dog said:
Apologies if already mentioned, but it's confirmed that consoles get a choice of 3 or 5 flag variants of the B2K maps. Nice.

Oh shit, where?! I just asked about this, since they've been showing the 3 flag version but Demize said there would be 5 flag versions, at least for Karkand.

Anton Sugar said:

I think most people are just taken by surprise, because the Recon/sniper class is usually just instant gratification.

I like the Recon more that I've been playing with the MAV. Plus, now it is my shotgun class. Sniping with it actually sucks, I just take the scopes off and use it as a regular rifle. It's about time that a game nerfed the sniper but it still pisses me off when I see a camping low level recon out in the middle of no where. I'll still give him ammo cause I'm a cool guy like that but I am shaking my head.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Hell, sometimes even a 350 ticket Conquest Normal map can turn into a half-hour long drawn out battle of attrition. I was playing Conquest Metro with about 20-24 people at any time and damn it was BRUTAL. I racked up more than 7k points that match, unlocked, and put almost 30 kills into the FN2000. The game came down to the last man, and damn if it wasn't the best game I played on that conquest map. It's become clear to me now that Metro was designed for 24 man console playing though. Painfully so.

todahawk

iam220 said:
The m249 is also available to the russians. Only the starting guns are different for RU and US sides, and later on you can unlock those guns to be used for both sides.

Anton said as much but I'm not the heaviest (playtime) BF3 player and that seems a long way off.

Spl1nter

So more general patch info from Zh1nt0 on the EA UK forums

We are currently working on one yes .

A fixlist will be posted sometime this week or at the latest early next week. Being very vague with deadlines here since we have a few dates going around.
Can´t reveal anything right now except that it is being based on community feedback we´ve collected. This isn´t the final update though. We will keep working on the game
Oh no, not abandoning. I´m still lurking around here reading posts and on battlelog as well .

Lots of good things have come out of Mordor lately. Especially the UI for spawnscreen + commo rose and chat.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
vidal said:
This patch is going to bring a whole new set of technical issues.

It wouldn't be a DICE patch if it didn't.

Please to be fixing co-op mission 3/5's alert phases. Please.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
OldJadedGamer said:
Got my first service star for Support so now switching classes. I will miss it so much though. Easily the best class out of the four.
Any tips for support? I'm useless with both support and recon.

Divius

Using the MAV on Caspian Border works like a charm. Planting an TUGS on Metro is also guaranteed to get you a couple of spot points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom