• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
JoeMartin said:
So I've discovered on Kharg Island rush that you can fly a frogfoot over to the US LHD, hop out, and man their AA turret.

The fun part is that the AA turret is invincible and mows down all their air that only spawns on the LHD from point blank range as soon as someone gets in it.

Hilarious? Yes. Broken? Probably. So much rage.

Old. Norshal Canals Rush is just as broken with the anti-air wagon there that can't be hit by the enemy if it's in good hands and a good team.

Wthermans

Banned
Really hating the stationary AA on the Conquest Large maps. Pretty stupid that you can lock down airpower on half the map and be completely invulnerable.

Spl1nter

commish said:
Yeah, I hopped into that game (totally randomly) and got caught in a gaf hatestorm.

They were easily the worst and most unfun rounds of bf3 I have ever played, and I was on the winning team.

Didnt help I was lagging and rubber-banding the whole time.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
TheSeks said:
Old. Norshal Canals Rush is just as broken with the anti-air wagon there that can't be hit by the enemy if it's in good hands and a good team.

Noshar CQ is also borked in that the RU side has two tanks with and being near C and A, while the US side has a chopper, Amtrac and has to hike all the way from the sub.

Basically, if you have engineers taking care of the tanks, good luck getting that amtrac to the port.

There are some design choices that baffle me, to be honest. Things like those...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
excaliburps said:
Noshar CQ is also borked in that the RU side has two tanks with and being near C and A, while the US side has a chopper, Amtrac and has to hike all the way from the sub.

Basically, if you have engineers taking care of the tanks, good luck getting that amtrac to the port.

There are some design choices that baffle me, to be honest. Things like those...

Yeah, those can damage the ground vehicles. But you don't really need to worry about those if the team has a few engineers + support for rockets while another engineer keeps you up against the air (once you unlock the heat seekers it becomes a hilarious joke to ping them with the machine guns. "Oh, you got flares? FUCK YOU. Oh you don't have flares? FUCK YOU ANYWAY") along with it being brutal on infantry and can destroy the concrete barriers they hide behind.

I need to finish unlocking all the anti-air unlocks on it before DICE nerfs it. Just gotta get lucky and have a good team + no one going for it. Next unlock is the thermals which I think will completely break the damn thing for the enemy.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
Whelp, just two more Assault guns to Service Star, the AK-74 and the M416. Working on the M416 so that I can really use the AK every battle to get into the groove of the gun. I just finished the AN-94 and that one sure took some teething. Aside from my niggles that the burst mode is the starting fire mode, the iron sights suck, it jumps all over the place, and kind of feels really mushy... at least until you get some things for it. It was much much more spot on once I got the foregrip, and once I had the RDS, well, it ran like a killing machine. It's got a solid punch, and I can take out entire groups with proper control. The description really wasn't joking that it takes extra training. The AN-94 is a gun you have to WANT to do well with, and right now, it's my favorite gun right after the SG556.

computers putin' said:
hey, stop doing that plz.
nah, more like do it until they fix it.

TheSeks said:
Yeah, those can damage the ground vehicles. But you don't really need to worry about those if the team has a few engineers + support for rockets while another engineer keeps you up against the air (once you unlock the heat seekers it becomes a hilarious joke to ping them with the machine guns. "Oh, you got flares? FUCK YOU. Oh you don't have flares? FUCK YOU ANYWAY") along with it being brutal on infantry and can destroy the concrete barriers they hide behind.

I need to finish unlocking all the anti-air unlocks on it before DICE nerfs it. Just gotta get lucky and have a good team + no one going for it. Next unlock is the thermals which I think will completely break the damn thing for the enemy.
those flares won't matter if the other team has tanks with guided shells and someone in the 3rd seat or a SOFLAM! good luck getting on shore...

I am having fun with the game but there are a lot of problems that make me very frustrated.

1) The rocket spam is getting ridiculous. I didn't even encounter this much spam from the carl gustav in bc2. They need to make rpg virtually worthless against infantry. How is it fair that it can easily takeout infantry and vehicles. This is one of the reasons the engineer class is so overused; it excels in just about every situation.
2) The audio glitches really kill the immersion.
3) Why do I have to spawn all the way back to my deployment just because the person I am about to spawn on is killed?
4) Playing with randoms on rush is pretty rage inducing. I don't know if the majority of the population is mentally retarded or they just don't give a fuck about the objective. I thought the addition of team deathmatch would drive the idiots away but people still camp and ignore the objective. I wish they would get rid of k/d from the scoreboard in rush.
5) Spotting still seems hit or miss. Actually the entire back/select button seems hit or miss.
Sorry for the rant.

abuC

Milly79 said:
Uhh.

Photo_939774A6-B605-7F55-55AC-FE4B650B52E2.jpg
15gdlx3.jpg

I think Im going to take a break from this game, playing with randoms all the time, and the rampant cheating is kind of taking the wind out of the sails for me.

I'll probably get Skyrim, and come back when the expansion hits.

Divius

Anton Sugar, I really enjoyed the video's you posted. Good stuff.

Is every EuroGaffer addicted to Skyrim? I mean, I know I am, but we could still play some BF3, right?

Nabs

abuC said:
15gdlx3.jpg

I think Im going to take a break from this game, playing with randoms all the time, and the rampant cheating is kind of taking the wind out of the sails for me.

conqlarge2j4846.png

edit: I think you need to click on how many free slots you're looking for. I like having 1 and 6-10 selected.

Zomba13

Holy SHIT Origin sucks balls.

It NEVER remembers my password and when I enter it it tells me it's wrong. This is the forth time since I got the game (I've played it 3 separate times so far) that it's not letting me log in even though I know my pass and log in are right.

Rapstah

Zomba13 said:
Holy SHIT Origin sucks balls.

It NEVER remembers my password and when I enter it it tells me it's wrong. This is the forth time since I got the game (I've played it 3 separate times so far) that it's not letting me log in even though I know my pass and log in are right.
Did you sign up for the The Old Republic beta? That made Origin lose my password. Has to completely ditch that account, although it has no paid content in it.

timmytheman123 said:
I am having fun with the game but there are a lot of problems that make me very frustrated.

1) The rocket spam is getting ridiculous. I didn't even encounter this much spam from the carl gustav in bc2. They need to make rpg virtually worthless against infantry. How is it fair that it can easily takeout infantry and vehicles. This is one of the reasons the engineer class is so overused; it excels in just about every situation.
2) The audio glitches really kill the immersion.
3) Why do I have to spawn all the way back to my deployment just because the person I am about to spawn on is killed?
4) Playing with randoms on rush is pretty rage inducing. I don't know if the majority of the population is mentally retarded or they just don't give a fuck about the objective. I thought the addition of team deathmatch would drive the idiots away but people still camp and ignore the objective. I wish they would get rid of k/d from the scoreboard in rush.
5) Spotting still seems hit or miss. Actually the entire back/select button seems hit or miss.
Sorry for the rant.

1) This is a DICE game... if you want serious balancing forget it.
2) Agreed, but this should be patched soon
3) Because the game has no Spawn AI that calculates the most relevant spawnpoint for you and spawning at the home base is almost allways the safest option in such a case
4)Playing with randoms sucks.
5) Spotting is vastly better than it was in BC2. And it even lasts longer.

Woo-Fu

Banned
If you don't want to spawn back at base pick a different spawn location, then switch it to person you want to spawn on, then if he/she dies right before you spawn it should go back to the location you picked previously instead of the base.

Cumbersome, but it is a workaround you can do NOW instead of waiting/praying for DICE to make a change.

Binabik15

&Divius said:

Is every EuroGaffer addicted to Skyrim? I mean, I know I am, but we could still play some BF3, right?
PC? I'm Binabik15, same as here (and I took a few thrashings yesterday, lol).

I've asked this before, but: what sort of mic/headset to buy? What programs do you need? Should I ever get together with GAF bros, I vant to annoy you wiz ze German accent.

abuC said:
I had to leave a game, this guy here was cheating beyond belief:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/br3ed/stats/364428245/

No matter how many flags we captured, he would appear out of thin air behind you, and just start mowing you and everyone down in his path. He'd start shooting at you from behind cover, without even seeing you...you're dead.

One week ago he was Rank 63, now he's 22? So they wiped his stats instead of just banning his cheating ass? Ffs DICE/EA...

&Divius said:

Thanks! We recorded some more tonight and there are some good sequences, but it was mostly us steam-rolling the other team, so I don't know how it will turn out.

Khal_B

Man, it feels really good when you join a Conquest game with your friends and you make a comeback from a huge deficit. Feels good making a difference, and even better, snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

Hellcrow

Is it possible to destroy the hangar ship AA? I sat a whole round in that thing, spotting and destroying stuff on land from a safe distance. Did I mention spotting? Anyways, seemed to work as a nice support for the team. Not much killing power against infantry, but keep air at bay, and damage armor.

big_z

anyone here playing with a core2duo and a 460gtx or better card? if so what type of framerate are you getting in 64 player matches on maps like caspian?

caspian was unplayable with e8400 and 9800gtx in the beta. just wondering if a new video card will be enough to make it playable at 30+fps without audio/framerate stuttering or if my cpu will hold it back too much.

Daigoro

so. how the FUCK does one defend against AT mines?

in BC2 i used to roll with Proximity, but that shit does not work in BF3 from what i can tell. so what, am i supposed to stop and look at the ground every 3 feet looking for little bumps in the road?

doesnt a tank driver have enough to deal with without any way to detect AT Mines, or am i missing something?

Daigoro said:

in BC2 i used to roll with Proximity, but that shit does not work in BF3 from what i can tell. so what, am i supposed to stop and look at the ground every 3 feet looking for little bumps in the road?

doesnt a tank driver have enough to deal with without any way to detect AT Mines, or am i missing something?

Thermal vision. Or a good set of eyes/gunner.

A dumb exclusion, I agree. Wish we could still spot them.

Daigoro said:

Stay off roads as much as possible

Zeppelin

Daigoro said:

Thermal optics. Haven't died from a mine more than maybe once or twice since I unlocked that and I've got the tank service medal so I spend quite some time in tanks. So many anti explosives ribbons... The only time I exit thermal mode is when my CITV bro tells me we are about to shoot down a helicopter and I need to get a better view of the sky.

Also: It's pretty fucking awesome to spend a whole round in thermal optics on Caspian only to go out of it near the end of the round. That map look so different after a half hour of fighting on it.

Binabik15

Anton Sugar said:

Great.

Aw, I´m fed up with this game right now, anyway. Yesterday and today it´s only dying, dying, dying. Shoot a guy, get killed by Mr 0% dude. Press A, but stand in the same spot without moving. Spawn and get a bullet in the face.

No fun in that.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
timmytheman123 said:

I don't mind infantry taking splash damage from hits at their feet but getting killed through cover is pretty rage inducing.

artist

Banned
abuC said:
15gdlx3.jpg

Exaggerate much?

I have absolutely no troubles finding 64/48/40/32 player servers with 90% capacity and pings lower than 75ms.

DryvBy

PS3 user:

Every time I select Multiplayer, My Soldier, Show Battle Feed, or Friends, the game hangs on the menu with music and background playing, but nothing ever loads. I have to use the PS button to quit and reload the game. Wasn't doing this a few days ago either...

Babalu.

&Divius said:

wait wtf...how did he get so many roadkills with the MAV? I've tried countless times to ram people at full speed or however I can and have never gotten a kill. I do it hardcore and regular and nothing.

Is there some unlock that I need to be using or is he pressing the fire button sprint or what?

I can't count how many times i've seen a lone sniper in the distance with the MAV, to far to actually run to and i'de try to kill him by ramming and it wouldnt work.

anyone have any tips?

Divius

Just played a couple of rounds using only the MAV (spotting, not killing) while giving my team help such as: "2 tanks rolling into A from B", "theres mines on the road to D" and "teammate123, multiple hostiles on your left". Not only did people seem to appreciate it, they also listened (at times) when I said stuff like focus on getting C first. This ended up in us winning, me getting a shitload of surveillance ribbons (and my 2nd medal) and leveling to rank 35. Hooah!

Bit o patch news here.

Additional support is in the works, and while we are aware no fix can come fast enough our dedicated team is working around the clock and around the world to make Battlefield 3 the biggest and smoothest launch. As I write this, for example, we are just getting ready to roll out quite a hefty update for PC players, with consoles to follow.

Based on player feedback, we have made some tweaks to the IRNV scope to make it more balanced with the rest of the accessories in the game. The change is planned to go into a future update of Battlefield 3, and we will have more details on this update at a later date. In general, balance issues are always a hot topic for a game that attracts competitive players. We take all balance feedback very seriously, and we strive to make sure that when we make any change it is always an improvement to the overall game. This means being very careful when we make changes so we don't over react. Battlefield 3 is a living game, and we intend to support it with balance and technical updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom