• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinduct

BattleMonkey said:
You didn't buy a LE copy? You get the DLC for free basically with it.

No I didnt :<
Was waiting for the beta to see the local support for servers from ISPs, sadly this meant that I was late for the LE edition. And didn't want buy it from Origin.

Violater

Dat destruction.
Was laying on a roof ledge sniping last night when a rocket hit the ledge and i fell to the ground walked it off ran back to the roof and sniped the Engineer.

Who say's sniping is for pussies I'm a Viking!!

December can't come soon enough.

Bit annoyed that PC gets it a week later because of Sony and Microsoft fighting over timed-exclusivity, but I can live with it.

Jburton

Banned
RibbedHero said:

Bit annoyed that PC gets it a week later because of Sony and Microsoft fighting over timed-exclusivity, but I can live with it.

I am happy we PS3 owners get it 1 week earlier than the rest, all the more exciting with that touch of exclusiveness.

RibbedHero said:

That was the trade off for the 1942 broken promise. Don't worry, most bad issues with it will be known by the time you get a hold of it.

Anton Sugar said:
Wow, great fucking trailer. So if they do a trailer per week...maybe release mid December?
so i was just thinking... will there be a secret 5th map!?

and whatever happened to that one extra map that was supposed to be in the game files?

and what's up with this!?

LdDDk.jpg

Anton Sugar said:
Wow, great fucking trailer. So if they do a trailer per week...maybe release mid December?

Too late, they need to release some contents/patch soon as possible to move our asses from Skyrim... and mw3 :(

I hope for the first week of december

thelurkinghorror said:
Too late, they need to release some contents/patch soon as possible to move our asses from Skyrim... and mw3 :(

All my BF3 friends are in Skyrim. I was surprised at the lack of MW3 on my list.

The Faceless Master said:
yeah, it's always been like that, some servers seem to get refilled a lot faster than others...

Must be the way match,akimg is working in where it chooses to dump people.

Wthermans

Banned
Red Blaster said:
Definitely see that large warehouse in the back area of Karkand in the trailer.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110810164355/battlefield/images/thumb/1/1b/Strike_at_karkand_64_menuMa-1-.jpg/680px-Strike_at_karkand_64_menuMa-1-.jpg[IMG]

Second point from the right.[/QUOTE]

It looks like it's been repositioned between Cement Factory and Gatehouse.

The Faceless Master said:
so i was just thinking... will there be a secret 5th map!?

and whatever happened to that one extra map that was supposed to be in the game files?

and what's up with this!?

LdDDk.jpg

Is that another rush version of Davamand Peak?

thelurkinghorror said:

It's a month between content, we really need dlc within first couple weeks of a games release?

MNC

By the way: Does the commo rose have any function? Seriously. If I use it does the person I highlight get a notification? Because I sure as fuck don't hear my character say anything. WHat the fuck is the use of the pick up commo rose if the vehicle doesn't know I want to get picked up!

MNC said:
By the way: Does the commo rose have any function? Seriously. If I use it does the person I highlight get a notification? Because I sure as fuck don't hear my character say anything. WHat the fuck is the use of the pick up commo rose if the vehicle doesn't know I want to get picked up!

I hear my guy yelling but I don't think it does anything for the person you are trying to reach. I hope they tweak it a bit...

Rapstah

MNC said:
It's sometimes very silent, but I definitely have my character saying something as I press it.

The deal is that I think the lines are always the game's language on your end, but your character's nationality's language for everyone else. There was a switch for this in the options for Bad Company 1 but I haven't found it in this game yet. I don't know how to recognise the phrase "pick me up" in Russian, sadly.

Twinduct

MNC said:

Also trying to figure out. Sometimes I think nothing happens .. like Dice just put in this one css enabled png to 'calm' down the PC playerbase.

Assignments Explained

10 all-new Assignments extend the persistence
The Back to Karkand expansion pack is much more than just maps. We are also adding a new layer of persistence in the form of ten Assignments. These will be tracked no matter if you play a base game map or expansion pack map, and add a new way to unlock things in the game.

The ten Assignments add a new layer of persistence. Click for full resolution image.
Let’s take a closer look at the “Let it Rain” Assignment. To complete this assignment, players must score 20 kills with Light Machine Guns and two mortar kills. The game will keep track of how far along you have come to fulfill it. When you have met the requirements, you will unlock a new Back to Karkand weapon (with a matching set of dog tags) to use on any map including the base game. You will also unlock the new Creeping Death Assignment.

As with all of the Assignments introduced in Back to Karkand, you can keep building towards these no matter if you play on regular maps or maps from the new expansion pack itself. Your regular persistence will also be intact and keep building up no matter what map you play – Back to Karkand is in this way completely integrated into the base game, including the ability to have a map rotation mixing base game maps with Back to Karkand maps.

Come back next week for more details on Back to Karkand. We have more videos coming your way, as well as more details on the new vehicles, weapons, and more.

As always, if you pre-ordered your copy of Battlefield 3: Limited Edition, you are entitled to Back to Karkand at no extra charge and will be notified in-game once it is available for download and play in December. Anyone can buy it on the launch day for $14.99/1200 Microsoft Points, or the equivalent in their local currency. PlayStation 3 players will have exclusive 1 week early access to Back to Karkand.

iam220

What's better the PKP or the 240B? They're supposed to be similar in damage correct? Seems like the 240B though has a lot less vertical recoil but I'm hesitant to give up my PKP with foregrip attachment, it's almost too good.

thelurkinghorror said:

There's really no rush as BF3 has a very healthy player count atm (on pc anyway). If they delayed it a couple of months I wouldn't really care as I'm having too much fun playing on 24/7 caspian/kharg/firestorm servers.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
TheSeks said:
I wonder how high a score bonus I could get

I've gotten 15K-20K in bonuses before. But I'm thinking some people have broken 50K surely?

Also those "assignments" not being retroactive is WTF DICE. :/
Oh deal with it. I like the idea of them. They get you to play in a different way from how you normally play and your rewards are significant too. It'll give me something new to play for after I have all the classes completely unlocked. It'll be fun. :D

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Red Blaster said:
Definitely see that large warehouse in the back area of Karkand in the trailer.

680px-Strike_at_karkand_64_menuMa-1-.jpg

Second point from the right.

Man, that map represents so many hours of my life. I still remember the strategies I would use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom