• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
doomed1 said:
Oh deal with it. I like the idea of them. They get you to play in a different way from how you normally play and your rewards are significant too. It'll give me something new to play for after I have all the classes completely unlocked. It'll be fun. :D

I've done most of the stuff they want in one round. I seriously hope they don't expect two mortars plus LMG kills in a round again just to get my B2K guns.

Mothman91

Damn, EA delivers one each trailer they release. DAT DESTRUCTION. On a side note, have they said anything about how big this DLC will be on the consoles?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TheSeks said:
I've done most of the stuff they want in one round. I seriously hope they don't expect two mortars plus LMG kills in a round again just to get my B2K guns.

Yeah but that's just it - the requirements aren't exactly burdensome. If it was "200 assault rifle kills", then that'd be pretty annoying, but 20 LMG kills and 2 mortars is no biggie. I like unlocking stuff anyways.

doomed1 said:
Unlocked for the main game. You can unlock them for B2K as normal.

I know they are unlocked for it all, but how you unlock the weapons in general. They adding more levels for everything to unlock? Assume that these are how universal unlocks in all expansions will be handled then.

eznark

Banned
Am I the only one still experiencing the game crashes after every round?

Anyone else still unable to load up the campaign?

Ridiculous that they've done like no patching yet.

eznark said:

Been playing great for me all morning.

Tik-Tok

eznark said:

I was getting this before, someone earlier in the thread suggested that if you just leave it at the score screen between rounds it won't crash, which seems to work for me.

So don't check your ribbons or kits or anything like that. Sucks I know, but it seems to work until they patch it at least.

Xcellere

thelurkinghorror said:
A new trailer for the Back to Karkand map pack... I want it now! http://youtu.be/xjTmieRMKjo

Dear DICE,

Why, in the name of all that is good, would you not include this level of destruction in the vanilla game? Your decisions baffle me.

With love,
Me

P.S.

vZY5C.jpg

eznark

Banned
Tik-Tok said:
I was getting this before, someone earlier in the thread suggested that if you just leave it at the score screen between rounds it won't crash, which seems to work for me.

So don't check your ribbons or kits or anything like that. Sucks I know, but it seems to work until they patch it at least.

Nah, it's been doing this since launch day. Happening to an absolute ton of people if the BF boards are anything to go by. Usually "this program has stopped working" before it even says "your team won/lost"

IlludiumQ36

I'm probably in the minority concerning "balancing" the IRNV. It's already only a 1X zoom scope. What could be done to it without making it useless - maybe reduce the heat detection range?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
IlludiumQ36 said:
I'm probably in the minority concerning "balancing" the IRNV. It's already only a 1X zoom scope. What could be done to it without making it useless - maybe reduce the heat detection range?

I think this is a good idea. Too many "how the fuck did he see me" moments right now. It just makes it too easy too see everyone. What's the point of all the foliage and urban debris if you can see people right away. Also I wish the Soflam would stay up even if you die.

scogoth

Doc Holliday said:
I think this is a good idea. Too many "how the fuck did he see me" moments right now. It just makes it too easy too see everyone. What's the point of all the foliage and urban debris if you can see people right away. Also I wish the Soflam would stay up even if you die.

Put on spec ops camo, it greatly reduces your IR signature.

IlludiumQ36 said:

I think it's fine, but does need to not be as great as it is. Stuff like a big burning fire should really screw up the scope for example, but it doesn't do anything. Heat sources outside of player bodies don't properly register, and real IRNV is nowehre as clear as it is game. It also has an incredible range. I can snipe and spot targets further away easier with 1x IRNV than I can with a 4x scope.

scogoth said:
Put on spec ops camo, it greatly reduces your IR signature.

Except that it makes you easier to see for those not using IR. Black is a horrible camo color as it stands out more than anything

iam220

IlludiumQ36 said:

Reducing the range would be a start, make it useless for longer ranges. Maybe tone the contrast down a bit and have the sun interfere with your vision like the flash light does.

scogoth

DTKT said:
Just got banned from a TG pistol only server. :/

I don't even know why.

Do you watch yourself play? I'd ban you if too mr. 2.61 KD ratio and 561 SPM

seriously how to hell do you rack up kills so quickly!

BattleMonkey said:
Except that it makes you easier to see for those not using IR. Black is a horrible camo color as it stands out more than anything

Hardly, in urban, low light and shadows your very well hidden. The only time you aren't is if you're runnning across an open sunlit field in caspian in which case you should be killed.

Dear dumb player laying in the bush prone camping. Yes, you got me the first time because you are a lucky camper but please don't be dumb enough to stay there since the killcam shows me your location. You know what... please stay there as I need more kills for the gun I'm leveling. And please... when you respawn, go back to the exact same place you were.

Idiots

JoeMartin

OldJadedGamer said:
Dear dumb player laying in the bush prone camping. Yes, you got me the first time because you are a lucky camper but please don't be dumb enough to stay there since the killcam shows me your location. You know what... please stay there as I need more kills for the gun I'm leveling. And please... when you respawn, go back to the exact same place you were.

Idiots

Sounds like he got you more than once.

also play hardcore

iam220 said:
Reducing the range would be a start, make it useless for longer ranges. Maybe tone the contrast down a bit and have the sun interfere with your vision like the flash light does.
I vote for getting rid of IRNV all together.

JoeMartin said:
Sounds like he got you more than once.

also play hardcore

Nope. I respawned and threw a grenade into the bush and actually got a double kill because his idiot friend started camping with him.

I am a tired and true hardcore player but don't switch over until I max out my classes and feel I have an excellent idea of the ins and outs of the maps.

mr_nothin said:
WTF @ guided missles + CITV being an unbeatable lock-on? Flares dont work and below radar doesnt work :/

Hum, neither of those work on air targets so... flares? oO

*edit* Oh nm. You meant guided shells. Yeah they're a pita

scogoth said:
Hardly, in urban, low light and shadows your very well hidden. The only time you aren't is if you're runnning across an open sunlit field in caspian in which case you should be killed.

Most of the game is in brightly lit places, and a reason most people find the flashlight useless. The IRNV biggest issue is how good it is at any range to spot people, and in the large maps the black stealth camo sticks out badly in regular view. The obscuring of the stealth camo is also pretty useless, even at range the IRNV picks out people quite easily. The "stealth" effect is also less effective on some classes.

Darkshier said:
I vote for getting rid of IRNV all together.

If we remove everything people keep saying to remove, there wouldn't be much game left.

Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on every time my tank suddenly decides to go 1 mph while guys are shooting rockets at me? Before it gets disabled, I mean. I could be at 100% health and out of nowhere I'm stuck in molasses.

Engineer gadget I'm not aware of?

BattleMonkey said:
Most of the game is in brightly lit places, and a reason most people find the flashlight useless. The IRNV biggest issue is how good it is at any range to spot people, and in the large maps the black stealth camo sticks out badly in regular view. The obscuring of the stealth camo is also pretty useless, even at range the IRNV picks out people quite easily. The "stealth" effect is also less effective on some classes.

If we remove everything people keep saying to remove, there wouldn't be much game left.
What else needs to be removed besides IRNV? Nothing else is even near as game breaking as that scope is.

The Faceless Master said:
i vote for buffing IRNV with 4x zoom.

Demize is hard at work on that, I'm sure.

commish

scogoth said:
Do you watch yourself play? I'd ban you if too mr. 2.61 KD ratio and 561 SPM

seriously how to hell do you rack up kills so quickly!

More Rush? 24/7 Operation Metro maps? A mystery!

Demize said in his reddit AMA that he'd rather nerf the IRNV to the ground than remove it, which I totally understand. You don't ever remove content from a game. Even if its grossly nerfed, it'd still have its uses, and adds variety to the game.

Radec

Just got back to play BF3 again after sucking my time on MW3, and wow. I totally sucked at my first game. I think I went 2-8 or something. Totally forgot how to play this game.

Then the next games are a different story. Went like 28-4 or so on the next matches.

Feels good to be back. :D

belvedere

Junior Butler
RibbedHero said:
Demize said in his reddit AMA that he'd rather nerf the IRNV to the ground than remove it, which I totally understand. You don't ever remove content from a game. Even if its grossly nerfed, it'd still have its uses, and adds variety to the game.

Good. It's in definite need of adjustment, but I think the whole thing is grossly overstated.

-Stranger-

I've seen some people getting 40-50 kills each round lately, man the best i've done so far was around 21-17 and my k/d ratio is 0.63 i'm working on improving :)

commish

DTKT said:
I almost never play Metro :(

I was looking up the "top" players the other day, and I came across a guy who had over 5000 kills in Tanks (in each of both types). His entire playlist was the Dam map. Another guy had nothing but Metro.

I never understand how some people can get so many more kills than me. Obviously there are many, many players better than me, but even when I do very well, I just don't even SEE as many enemies as they kill.

desu

belvedere said:
Good. It's in definite need of adjustment, but I think the whole thing is grossly overstated.

This. I dont really get the IRNV hate and some people even want it removed from the game ... god they will nerf it to total uselessness just because of too many whiners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom