• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

belvedere

Junior Butler
desu said:
This. I dont really get the IRNV hate and some people even want it removed from the game ... god they will nerf it to total uselessness just because of too many whiners.

To me it requires that certain annoying amount of relentless dedication to be effective, just like every other exploit around.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Just unlocked the m98B! I need to readjust to the faster bullet. basically swapping from recon to support depending on my mood. Support = Points. Recon = Fun :)

CoolS

God damn, I'm constantly getting disconnected from EA online, the server or my connection times out. This is no fun that way. Does this have to do with ports or something?

desu said:
This. I dont really get the IRNV hate and some people even want it removed from the game ... god they will nerf it to total uselessness just because of too many whiners.

The main whiners are the sniper/camper crowd. DICE should leave it be you have a decreased FOV and there's spec op camo. It's balanced and IRNV isn't always the best choice in every situation.

desu

belvedere said:
To me it requires that certain annoying amount of relentless dedication to be effective, just like every other exploit around.

Exploit? Damn you really have problems ...

Choke on the Magic said:
The main whiners are the sniper/camper crowd. DICE should leave it be you have a decreased FOV and there's spec op camo. It's balanced and IRNV isn't always the best choice in every situation.

Well thats exactly what Ive been thinking (I actually have seen quite some pretty much invisible to IRNV people). I am ok with some weaker nerfs (maybe improve the camos or whatever) but not this remove or even make it total useless crap.

Mafro

They need to have AT mines and the rocket launcher in the same slot. Engineers are overpowered as it is with bullshit like the SCAR and G36C being as good as the assault rifles.

Operation Metro on conquest needs fixed too. God knows how the fact the RU spawn is much closer to flag B than the US spawn made it into the final game. I've played a lot of games on that map and can easily count on one hand the amount of times the US has actually won, and one of those had a 98-0 hacker on the team.

Glad they are considering the MAV as a counter to mortars though, but it should also be able to perhaps spot AT mines.

cdyhybrid

Mr Sandman said:
The M98's quicker and less dropping bullet really threw me off for the longest time!
Hell, I'm coming up on my second service star for the M98B and I still have some trouble hitting moving targets from long range with it. When I get in a zone and start nailing my shots though, the thing is a monster. Favorite sniper rifle by far.

RE: above post - I believe the SCAR is getting nerfed, and I thought the MAV could already destroy mines?

desu

Choke on the Magic said:
You can call it an exploit all you want, but I've yet to see an exploit tactic that can't be countered.

Flashlights in close combat :D? (unless you play with Usas and you can just blast into a certain direction).

If anything, I hate the extreme flashlights (outside area) far more than IRNV stuff.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Choke on the Magic said:
You can call it an exploit all you want, but I've yet to see an exploit tactic that can't be countered.

It's being called everything from slightly OP to game breaking. As stated earlier, I think it falls into that "abused" category where you will always find the same crowd, no matter what game you're speaking of.

desu said:
If anything, I hate the extreme flashlights (outside area) far more than IRNV stuff.

This. At least you can't completely annoy your own team with the IRNV lol.

The Faceless Master said:
that and no prone. would make rush less like a national park and more like six flags.

Prone isn't too bad, but some kind of Mcom damage, even if it's very slight, would go along way to "loosening up" some matches.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
-ImaginaryInsider said:
Prone isn't too bad, but some kind of Mcom damage, even if it's very slight, would go along way to "loosening up" some matches.

And then we get rocket spam on crates in addition to rocket spam on infantry! OH BOY!

No. Never. Leave that shit alone. People need to RUSH in Rush and the way things are is fine right now. The problem is clearing prone snipers that clip into places you can't really see/hit them right now. DICE needs to fix the prone clipping more than anything.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
belvedere said:
It's being called everything from slightly OP to game breaking. As stated earlier, I think it falls into that "abused" category where you will always find the same crowd, no matter what game you're speaking of.

It just sucks that when you take the time to flank someone and take account the surroundings you still get fucked by IRNV. I know this because I abuse the shit out it myself when I play support.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Ive said it before, but the best way to balance the IRNV is to give it a little delay when bringing it up to your eyes and lowering it from your eyes, basically showing that your eyes have to adjust after using it for a second.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Doc Holliday said:
It just sucks that when you take the time to flank someone and take account the surroundings you still get fucked by IRNV. I know this because I abuse the shit out it myself when I play support.

This is true. Personally, I've yet to find the need to have it equipped for very long. I find myself enabling it in situations where we get pinned down by people hiding off in the distance or when my stubbornness gets the best of me and I have to track down an annoying camper.

commish said:
Ive said it before, but the best way to balance the IRNV is to give it a little delay when bringing it up to your eyes and lowering it from your eyes, basically showing that your eyes have to adjust after using it for a second.
more bloom!

belvedere said:
This is true. Personally, I've yet to find the need to have it equipped for very long. I find myself enabling it in situations where we get pinned down by people hiding off in the distance or when my stubbornness gets the best of me and I have to track down an annoying camper.
it's the only scope i use. why use anything else!?

belvedere said:

As in campers with the IRNV.

Zeppelin

Choke on the Magic said:

Pretty much this. I haven't been using it for a couple of weeks and I really haven't missed it nearly as much as I thought I would. I manage to rack up points easily enough without it. The only spot where I feel I really want it is between Hilltop and Forest on Caspian. I really hope DICE doesn't give in too much and make it completely useless.

belvedere said:
You can only write camped if you stab them afterwards.

That's what they need to fix is the knife play. Useless from the front and the animations from the back take so damn long you get spotted and killed by the time your done.

TheSeks said:
And then we get rocket spam on crates in addition to rocket spam on infantry! OH BOY!

No. Never. Leave that shit alone. People need to RUSH in Rush and the way things are is fine right now. The problem is clearing prone snipers that clip into places you can't really see/hit them right now. DICE needs to fix the prone clipping more than anything.

Stop. Dice can modify the damage to C4 only if they wanted, rocket/tank spam can be totally removed from the equation, and it would still promote the opposing to team "Rush". Me and my buddy playing support class should not be able to hold an Mcom by ourselves for 15 solid minutes out in the open, give the other team a long-shot chance of moving up, even if it takes 30+ C4's to do.

yeah, nowadays, you basically make it thru sea of prone IRNV SCAR-H dudes, throw your one grenade at the M-COM station to destroy the C4 and Claymores surrounding it, then hopefully arm. it's pretty telling how far away from the objectives the defenders spawn in every Rush map... they had to keep pushing that line back!

Just had the most AWESOME glitch on Damavand.

I chose to spawn on C, in the tunnel. In one of the hallways the enemies were bunched up, shooting in towards C point.

Well, the game decided to have a little freakout and spawned me RIGHT in the tunnel with the enemies. Behind them.

I ended up shooting 8 guys right in the back by myself with my F2000 and pistol. It was epic. Then some guy ran in to revive them, and I mowed him down too!

It must have been weird seeing my name get 8 kills scrolling up the kill-list, and all of those guys thinking 'WTF.'

Enkidu

Smokey said:
Is it just me or are there alot of empty servers on PC? Especially for 64 players :/
I think it's just the browser messing up. Try messing around with the filters a bit. When I search I get at least several pages of almost full 64 player servers and according to bf3stats there's not a lack of players.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Smokey said:
Is it just me or are there alot of empty servers on PC? Especially for 64 players :/

Enkidu said:
I think it's just the browser messing up. Try messing around with the filters a bit. When I search I get at least several pages of almost full 64 player servers and according to bf3stats there's not a lack of players.

I think these two are unrelated. There are a lot of empty servers, but also a lot of filled servers. And it probably has a lot to do with matching putting people into servers with at least half the amount of players. That and few people want to join a server with 12 people on a 64 player map size, so they just naturally empty out in favor of the fuller servers. So a 64 player server might sit empty and running for hours for any stragglers who want to hop in.

LdDM2.png

Been kicked from servers after 2-5 mins all night with this error message.

Anyone else?

So frustrating.

Ryuuga

Banned
LdDM2.png

Been kicked from servers after 2-5 mins all night with this error message.

Anyone else?

So frustrating.

This happened to a large portion of people a few weeks ago. We were told to update punkbuster to the latest version. That error isn't much of a nuisance it's the "Game got disconnected ()" that brings true frustration.

Twinduct

Gah can't wait for the B2K maps. On every 1000 ticket server I play, 90% of the people leave once we hit Dpeak or Metro. And then we have a major influx of Medic & engineers. No ones really pushing, just content on getting their awesome scores by reviving everyone at the steps.

Hmm, I remember they said the new maps can be put into rotation with the original maps, does this mean that the check, if you have B2K, will happen on a server when you join or when it changes to a B2K map?

Gah can't wait for the B2K maps. On every 1000 ticket server I play, 90% of the people leave once we hit Dpeak or Metro. And then we have a major influx of Medic & engineers. No ones really pushing, just content on getting their awesome scores by reviving everyone at the steps.

Hmm, I remember they said the new maps can be put into rotation with the original maps, does this mean that the check, if you have B2K, will happen on a server when you join or when it changes to a B2K map?

It was confirmed they can share a rotation. The question is, as you put it, whether joint servers are exclusively for B2K owners or can anyone join them and get kicked once it moves to a B2K map.

Ryuuga

Banned
Full team of IRNV/Supressed individuals on defenders seems completely unnecessary. Call me crazy but as long as I'm on a daylight map I'd rather rely on 2D spotting to give me a general idea of where the enemies are attack from and let my eyesight do most of the work. You've been given the gift of sight, hearing and instinct don't squander it on lazily letting IRNV do all the work.

This happened to a large portion of people a few weeks ago. We were told to update punkbuster to the latest version. That error isn't much of a nuisance it's the "Game got disconnected ()" that brings true frustration.

I tried a few things last night, none worked.

I updated PB with the pbsetup thing. I deleted the PB folder and had Origin repair the BF3 install. Neither of these worked. I ran the pbsetup again after Origin repaired BF3 and it didn't help either.

Not sure what else I can try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom