• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuga

Banned
I tried a few things last night, none worked.

I updated PB with the pbsetup thing. I deleted the PB folder and had Origin repair the BF3 install. Neither of these worked. I ran the pbsetup again after Origin repaired BF3 and it didn't help either.

Not sure what else I can try.

Just checked the Battlelog forums and it seems to be happening to a large portion of individuals once more. If I find any solutions I'll keep you posted, but this kind of thing seems to happen on or close to the weekend and can be quite frustrating as that is the only time most individuals have time to play this.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Am I the only person who finds the guided missiles useless for the jet? It seems the rockets do everything better and you don't even need a lock.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
The guided missiles are nice with beam scanning. Doubly so if you have a recon on the ground with the SOFLAM.

I tried using them with beam scanning for awhile. Sure it makes them easier to use, but strafing with rockets seems to do just as much damage and I can use them on infantry if I choose to do so.

I imagine they'd be good with a SOFLAM, but if no one is using it...

Binabik15

GAF, what the FUCK is this shit.

I stand/crawl/hide near a flag, maybe with some buddies, it´s turning fuller and fuller, then at maybe 95% *BAM* it´s suddenly red and belongs to the other team?! Huh?

Rapstah

GAF, what the FUCK is this shit.

I stand/crawl/hide near a flag, maybe with some buddies, it's turning fuller and fuller, then at maybe 95% *BAM* it's suddenly red and belongs to the other team?! Huh?

You never were capturing it, a bug causes the game to invert colours if the direction of the capture switches if you're in the zone the whole time.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I tried using them with beam scanning for awhile. Sure it makes them easier to use, but strafing with rockets seems to do just as much damage and I can use them on infantry if I choose to do so.

I imagine they'd be good with a SOFLAM, but if no one is using it...

I have found that as recon I can just post in the chat that I am about to start using SOFLAM and people respond and you end up working together. I have also seen the other way, where people ask for a recon to start using SOFLAM for them, and I responded and we worked together.

The only use for the chat box so far.

Binabik15

You never were capturing it, a bug causes the game to invert colours if the direction of the capture switches if you're in the zone the whole time.

But right now there were maybe ten of us around the flag, shouldn´t we have contested it and stopped them from getting it?

more game breaking? at mine bug? prone? invincible m-com stations?

Not sure about the AT mine bug, but there always seems to be a ton of AT mines everywhere... Prone i am mixed on. I like the option of getting my head down and taking cover, not so much people abusing it and camping like it is Yosemite. Prone really does slow the game down a lot. Invincible m-com stations are also ridiculous, I don't know about game breaking, but I would much prefer if they took damage. Would promote less defender camping which is always a good thing.

IRNV is ridiculous though. Not sure how that was OK'd to be in the game when it just gives you a huge advantage over someone who isn't using IRNV. Really takes the fun out of the game for me, almost as much as prone does...

But yeah, like you, I just want me some BC3.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
How is prone an issue? It's been in every non-garbage Battlefield game.

Yeah. I don't believe it's an issue at all. You take quite a big risk at going prone anyway cos it takes ages to stand up and run away when you are being fired so that sort of evens things up IMO.

Honestly the only thing I'd like to be fixed in the PS3 DS3 aim controls. It's really a pain in the ass to do little adjustments.

Cobra84

How is prone an issue? It's been in every non-garbage Battlefield game.

It does nothing but promote camping and it is always buggy and exploitable. This isn't Arma or even older BF style open field or desert. It has no real place in a faster paced game that is mostly short range urban combat.

leng jai

Prone shouldn't have been added. BC2 was fine without it, all it does is promote camping and combined with INRV its just ridiculous.

dLMN8R

Prone is better in Battlefield 3 than any past Battlefield game, or Call of Duty game for that matter. DICE finally added just the right negatives for using prone (vulnerability when diving into it and getting up without being able to shoot accurately), it makes me really think before doing it.

commedieu

Banned
It does nothing but promote camping and it is always buggy and exploitable. This isn't Arma, it has no real place in a faster paced game that is mostly short range urban combat.

No. You're 100% wrong.

People will always camp. Prone or No prone. I enjoy finding the cod crew in bf3 camping on rocks, turning them over, and knifing them straight to the rubhive.

Camping isn't really a problem in BF3 unless you keep running out of the same exact place, paying absolutely no attention to your surroundings, are blindfolded, and are facing the opposing wall without a tv or monitor setup. The rage/revenge/rush that never works, you know?

I'd gladly approve of a server filter for the 29 people in the world that don't want prone. So I can profile.

Prone is better in Battlefield 3 than any past Battlefield game, or Call of Duty game for that matter. DICE finally added just the right negatives for using prone (vulnerability when diving into it and getting up without being able to shoot accurately), it makes me really think before doing it.

Bingo. I used to dive/shoot in bf2. Its impossible now, and I really only use it when pinned down or just need to aim better with a small profile.

It does nothing but promote camping and it is always buggy and exploitable. This isn't Arma or even older BF style open field or desert. It has no real place in a faster paced game that is mostly short range urban combat.

Spot the console player.

Yes it is, yes it has and not it isn't.

demolitio

Prone does nothing but promote camping? I thought we went over this enough 1000 times already in this thread. Do you not use prone when there's a chopper or tank rolling in to the point you're at so you don't get obliterated? Do you not use it when covering an MCOMM you just armed so you get in a nice comfy spot to watch the objective? Do you not use when you need sustained accurate fire on full auto when you want to mow down some guys? Do you not use it when you need to lower your profile after killing an enemy with squadmates coming your way?

Just because some people use it to camp, which is perfectly acceptable in my book because they're either watching the objective or they're trying to only go for kills which means they're worthless to their team, doesn't mean everyone else has to be punished and lose a feature that is a deep part of the BF series and helpful in more ways than one including rushers. This isn't BC3, this is BF3. Prone is a part of the BF series for good reason and we shouldn't be limited just because of campers.

Has anyone else gone back to BC2 and tried to hide from an enemy tank or sniper? Oh wait, you can only crouch so you better find a rock to hide behind as the tank passes because laying down as it goes by is completely unacceptable just because some people want to bitch about snipers using it to their advantage as if every player should stand up out in the open and wave to the enemy.

Every single thing is bitched about in this game but to bitch about a feature that's been a part of the BF series since the beginning is absurd. Let's take out vehicles next because those bastards can sit there and rack up kills too. Anything that can help you get kills or get the objective must go!

The point is, just because some people use it for stupid shit doesn't mean it shouldn't exist because there's plenty of uses for it so why punish everyone else as if that's even going to solve the camping problem? Prone is a part of the series and it should be. Like someone else said, this is the most balanced prone yet.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Prone does nothing but promote camping? I thought we went over this enough 1000 times already in this thread. Do you not use prone when there's a chopper or tank rolling in to the point you're at so you don't get obliterated? Do you not use it when covering an MCOMM you just armed so you get in a nice comfy spot to watch the objective? Do you not use when you need sustained accurate fire on full auto when you want to mow down some guys? Do you not use it when you need to lower your profile after killing an enemy with squadmates coming your way?

Just because some people use it to camp, which is perfectly acceptable in my book because they're either watching the objective or they're trying to only go for kills which means they're worthless to their team, doesn't mean everyone else has to be punished and lose a feature that is a deep part of the BF series and helpful in more ways than one including rushers. This isn't BC3, this is BF3. Prone is a part of the BF series for good reason and we shouldn't be limited just because of campers.

Has anyone else gone back to BC2 and tried to hide from an enemy tank or sniper? Oh wait, you can only crouch so you better find a rock to hide behind as the tank passes because laying down as it goes by is completely unacceptable just because some people want to bitch about snipers using it to their advantage as if every player should stand up out in the open and wave to the enemy.

Every single thing is bitched about in this game but to bitch about a feature that's been a part of the BF series since the beginning is absurd. Let's take out vehicles next because those bastards can sit there and rack up kills too. Anything that can help you get kills or get the objective must go!

The point is, just because some people use it for stupid shit doesn't mean it shouldn't exist because there's plenty of uses for it so why punish everyone else as if that's even going to solve the camping problem? Prone is a part of the series and it should be. Like someone else said, this is the most balanced prone yet.

Not only do I agree, but that's the best theme avatar I've ever seen.

demolitio

Not only do I agree, but that's the best theme avatar I've ever seen.

Agreed, lol. I mentioned how it'd be cool if the engie had the sword and someone was nice enough to make it happen and blew me away. Ever since then, I keep picturing myself with a shield ingame that blocks bullets and the sword slices right through tanks. No one would mess with me then... :D

slow clap

belvedere

Junior Butler
So I can't access the Battlelog page at all, in multiple browsers. A friend can get on so I assume it's something on my end, but it was working fine last night and nothing's changed.

Anyone else experienced this?

So I can't access the Battlelog page at all, in multiple browsers. A friend can get on so I assume it's something on my end, but it was working fine last night and nothing's changed.

Anyone else experienced this?

Had issues with it all yesterday, working now. Hitting refresh often worked though while I was having issues, strangely enough.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Had issues with it all yesterday, working now. Hitting refresh often worked though while I was having issues, strangely enough.

Would the page even load for you? It won't for me, it's acting like the site doesn't exist.

Edit:

The symptoms seem DNS related, maybe shitty Charter has fucked something up.

Ahhh Demo, there is a reason you're my favorite :)

Zeppelin

Got my last class service star yesterday after sinking about 100 hours into this game and I don't think I'll be playing it again for a while now. The game really need the patch and I hope the few things I'm having issues with are getting fixed (most of these are not about what needs a buff and what don't). I'm not sure if I'll be able to get back in when B2K hits and frankly I'm not that excited over it. Right now it just feels like more desert to me.

leng jai

Great post and I agree entirely. Its just frustrating when it feels like you're playing against an army of prone campers that are impossible to see.

yeah, after going back to BC2, i can definitively say i prefer 'only' crouching and hiding from a sniper that's also only crouching or a tank to dealing with someone proning in impossible positions and clipping 3/4 of their body thru some part of the map. especially when they're planning to nerf the IRN, the one thing that really helps to deal with seeing 1/4 of some dude that's not inside some map object.

and yeah, let's take out vehicles, bullets, and whatever other ridiculous unrelated item you can add because you really don't have anything else to say.

"most balanced prone ever" just means their other tries were all worse.

1942 had prone. I assume you mean 1943 and yes it is.

1943 was a lot of fun. As for prone missing, they said they removed it because all all the debris that destruction 2.0 caused. Too easy to hide in the rubble. Now that barely any building crumbles it really isn't the same problem.

I hated prone at first but I think that was because it was pre-MW3 and all the shitty players were in the game. Once MW3 released it rook a bunch of low level prone recons with it. Now the people that are prone are actually using it as a valid tatic. But any time you see someone prone dug into a wall then that is a bug with goimg prone.

Huh? There's a campaign portion which I'm currently playing, and it's shit. There's also a multiplayer portion which I've been playing up until now, and that one isn't shit. I was commenting on the former.

The campaign was a waste of their time and resources. I guess people need something to do when their internet goes out though.

So many disconnects :( Finally getting feel for the game, and now this shit. Grrrr. Happens at home, and when I play at work last few days. Seriously killing my will to play, with so many other games to takes it's place.

So many disconnects :( Finally getting feel for the game, and now this shit. Grrrr. Happens at home, and when I play at work last few days. Seriously killing my will to play, with so many other games to takes it's place.

Sounds like a personal problem with your router. I only get disconnected maybe once every day or two. Check your ports, uPnP, maybe even reset to defaults.

Hellcrow

Think I fixed my crashing problems. "Just" put graphics down to medium or low. Hope patch fixes it up. Anywas, finally unlocked f2000, and that thing is a beast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom