• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bullet based damage? What is this madness?! lol. Thats cool. I hate in games when somehow my 7.62 rounds take longer to kill than a 9mm or other gamey nonsense.

desu

also, PC has other issues, like rules that aren't official game rules, but they can get you kicked anyway.

Really, like really really?

If anything thats one of the best things so far. I love my Metro Conquest Large Server that kicks anyone who kills with RPG/M320. Its written in the Server title and frequently broadcasted in the chat so no reason to complain, just dont join. Makes the map playable.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I hate servers that broadcast through chat. Fucking huge chat.

Servers broadcasting their "DONATE TO ME! DONATE TO ME!" is probably the worst thing about PC gaming. Yes, because I oh so want to donate to you because you're begging me. Right.

also, PC has other issues, like rules that aren't official game rules, but they can get you kicked anyway.

Custom server rules are an issue now?
lol.gif

Rules are usually stated in the servers name, and they will remind you of them fairly often. I got a bunch of servers saved that had some fun settings. Just got to browse and find servers that you like. Though I have not found any that are super strict. The worst was BO on PC with the crazy list of rules many servers had that weren't stated anywhere. You didn't fire ADS?! BANNED! wtf?
Is this really a negative? Unless these servers completely take over I tend to think of it as a good thing. Don't like certain elements of the game? Join a server where that isn't allowed! Most of the time it's clearly labeled in the server name if special rules apply, but if they aren't then yes, that can be a problem.
Really, like really really?

If anything thats one of the best things so far. I love my Metro Conquest Large Server that kicks anyone who kills with RPG/M320. Its written in the Server title and frequently broadcasted in the chat so no reason to complain, just dont join. Make the map playable.
Custom server rules are an issue now?
lol.gif

the very fact that they have their own rules is a negative, yes.

plus, admins kick for all sorts of non-stated rules based on guesswork like they just don't like you knifed them, etc...

seriously, it sounds like the "good 'ol days" of Arcade fighters where people were like "no throws, no cheese, bla bla bla" which i also despised.

i'm just trying to play the game, not some meta-game built atop the actual game.

Then don't play on a server with rules. Tons if not most servers have none.

I far prefer having actual options to play with and how I would like to play, which is what server options let us have.

oh, i'm not complaining about server options built into and enforced by the game config, i'm talking about all the special MOTD admin rules.

scogoth

plus, admins kick for all sorts of non-stated rules based on guesswork like they just don't like you knifed them, etc...

seriously, it sounds like the "good 'ol days" of Arcade fighters where people were like "no throws, no cheese, bla bla bla" which i also despised.

i'm just trying to play the game, not some meta-game built atop the actual game.

Lol thats WHY I play PC, to kick people who knife me.

HsDGk.png

Problem solved.

Sounds more like your just trying to find excuses to hate the PC version.

What you just mentioned happens what, once every 5000 games? I've never been kicked by an admin and I'm up to 60 hours.

Don't like a server that has rules? Favorite another server that doesn't.

Moderated servers that kick obvious cheaters far outweigh the non existent cons you just mentioned.

Sounds more like your just trying to find excuses to hate the PC version.

What you just mentioned happens what, once every 5000 games? I've never been kicked by an admin and I'm up to 60 hours.

Don't like a server that has rules? Favorite another server that doesn't.

Moderated servers that kick obvious cheaters far outweigh the non existent cons you just mentioned.
how can you even call that a pro?

having to kick cheaters in the first place is a con!

Binabik15

26691 points until the G3A3. Should I not like it, 3053 points until the F2000.

I don´t like that you get two Assault guns but no Support gun in co-op. Come on, Dice, give me a MG3 with ridiculous ROF as a reward or something.

scogoth

26691 points until the G3A3. Should I not like it, 3053 points until the F2000.

I don´t like that you get two Assault guns but no Support gun in co-op. Come on, Dice, give me a MG3 with ridiculous ROF as a reward or something.

F2000 = instant pro

G3 = make you think you're a pro

iam220

Where's my changelog!? :mad:

Giving the people who run the server the ability to set their own rules and configurations is a negative now? I can see how it can potentially be abused, but if you actually play the game on pc you'll see that in actuality (as in the REALITY and not some hypothetical that you made up) not many servers have these rules and those that do have reasonable ones like no base raping, don't be a douche, etc.

Sanjay

Double click the icon on your desktop that says Bad Company 2

I talk about a feature I don't like and get told to go back to BC2 and when Faceless says it, he does not like servers where they restrict options people put him down with like play on another server.

I mean I would go back to BC2 if it had 64 player conquest on Canals, Island and Firestorm but sadly it doesn't.

??? I love people in prone. Guaranteed headshots

??? I love my prone team. Guarantee lost.

i think that's called Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

That game was fun.

Is it even possible to disable prone from server side options?

If so the GAF server should implement it for one day and see how it plays out. No harm in trying and will only result in more fun.

I talk about a feature I don't like and get told to go back to BC2 and when Faceless says it, he does not like servers where they restrict options people put him down with like play on another server.

I just found it amusing that he called it a PC "issue". Having more choice in games is rarely a bad thing and being kicked from a server with custom rules set is far from being an "issue".

If so the GAF server should implement it for one day and see how it plays out. No harm in trying and will only result in more fun.

No, it's not an option and I doubt we'd really even consider it. I honestly didn't really miss prone in BC2, at all, but it's essential to BF3. Then again, I haven't really experienced many of the "EVERYONE IS CAMPING" complaints. I have lost rounds (Rush, mainly) due to Recon players sitting in the back of the base, but I can't even say with a straight face that this wasn't an issue in BC2. I think it was more of an issue in BC2, in fact.

scogoth

??? I love my prone team. Guarantee lost.

Play with GAF team, we never lose
or we don't admit we do

And no, thank god theres no server option to disable prone. Most maps a designed around 2 levels of cover, one for prone and one for crouch. If they disable prone it would break a lot of cover points. If you are so worried about campers then keep on the move and check you mini map all the time. Its very easy to spot them and kill them.

Still mad about that one time I almost killed you?

Almost? Shooting splinter is gaf pastime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom