• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Engineers were so bad in BC1. AT Mines disappeared on death/respawn, shotguns were useless (shitty hit detection, shitty range on BIGGER MAPS THAN BF3/BC2), rockets were their main form of killing things.

You're basically wanting what BF3 already has: Rocket spam for kills.

In my defense, I was using the 12x/Ballistic on the MK11 which I find has a shorter drop than the range gives it.

AT mines disappearing on respawn was terrible indeed.

but killing wasn't so awful...

hkeeg.png

We've posted this in the console thread. Don't know if anyone did so here also.
However, it's somewhat relavent to the current dicussion:

Weapon Database

it's been posted, and the results are under dispute according to people who are looking at the actual game variables.

desu

I feel the starting guns (with the exception of the SHITTY SNIPER RIFLES THAT ARE SEMI-AUTO) are all godly and viable.

Viable, maybe! Godly? Far from that ... I would take a M249/Scar-H/AEK over the starting weapons any time. Only reason I play the starting weapons is to get the 500 kills dog tag, but that was about it for pretty much all starting weapons.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Viable, maybe! Godly? Far from that ... I would take a M249/Scar-H/AEK over the starting weapons any time. Only reason I play the starting weapons is to get the 500 kills dog tag, but that was about it for pretty much all starting weapons.

The starting guns have very little recoil and do decent damage. The SCAR is pretty shitty with iron sights. M249 is better than the IAR, granted. But that's getting nerfed too IIRC.

But on even ground with IRNV on both guns, the LMG are even. Same with the AEK and AK-47.

Tokubetsu

Imho the AN94 is total shit. For me almost all Engineer weapons are pretty good, my favourite stays the G36C, often feels like playing Assault (at least its accuracy and often range).

AN-94 is great in hardcore but yea, most of the weapons are viable in hardcore.

Rainy Dog

desu

The starting guns have very little recoil and do decent damage. The SCAR is pretty shitty with iron sights. M249 is better than the IAR, granted. But that's getting nerfed too IIRC.

But on even ground with IRNV on both guns, the LMG are even. Same with the AEK and AK-47.

Wait, M249 getting nerfed too :| *sad man*.

Anyway the Support starting weapons have lost from the beginning since LMGs with 200 bullet capacity are auto win (for me).

And AEK/F2000 is just fucking nuts compared to the starting weapons :D.

M4A1, dawg. 600+ kills with it, closest weapon behind that is 300 or so. That and the M16 are severaly underrated. M27 IAR is pretty sexy.

I even like the AK's, honestly. They just feel really good, even if they may not perform as well as US faction weapons.

Better destruction
Better designed maps
I preferred its class system
I preferred its shooting mechanics
Squad system that does not fail on you
Varied maps

And frankly that's the most important aspect for me.

One thing I like about BF3 is its improved netcode.

I'm blinded that you guys think so poorly of BC2 compared to BF3.

Destruction isn't really "better", as it's improved in BF3, though not to the extent that I thought it would be (still not really dynamic/physics-based). BC2 had a lot of maps that were defined by "Here is land with structures on it. Blast through these structures to the next point." There were maps that literally had you fighting in and out of wooden hut-things. For better or worse, BF3 focuses more on "actual" locations and setpieces rather than plopping down random buildings.

I think the Rush maps in BC2 were overall great-good, but the ones in BF3 really aren't "bad" either. I haven't played enough to give an honest opinion yet. Most CQ BC2 maps were a fucking joke, though, and just as bad or worse than any in BF3 (okay, maybe not Metro).

Yeah, they screwed the pooch on squads, but I like BF3's class system a lot more, and it would be much better if they better balance the Engy class and buff Recon points.

Vehemently disagree with the shooting mechanics. I feel BF3's outclasses BC2's gunplay in every way, shape, and form--it's really hard to go back to BC2 for this reason alone.

They need to bring Port Valdez (Rush), Arica Harbor (Rush), and Harvest Day (Rush and CQ) to BF3. I even have guilty love for Valparaiso and Isla Inocenes Rush and wouldn't mind seeing them.

scogoth

M4A1, dawg. 600+ kills with it, closest weapon behind that is 300 or so. That and the M16 are severaly underrated. M27 IAR is pretty sexy.

I even like the AK's, honestly. They just feel really good, even if they may not perform as well as US faction weapons.

Destruction isn't really "better", as it's improved in BF3, though not to the extent that I thought it would be (still not really dynamic/physics-based). BC2 had a lot of maps that were defined by "Here is land with structures on it. Blast through these structures to the next point." There were maps that literally had you fighting in and out of wooden hut-things. For better or worse, BF3 focuses more on "actual" locations and setpieces rather than plopping down random buildings.

I think the Rush maps in BC2 were overall great-good, but the ones in BF3 really aren't "bad" either. I haven't played enough to give an honest opinion yet. Most CQ BC2 maps were a fucking joke, though, and just as bad or worse than any in BF3 (okay, maybe not Metro).

Yeah, they screwed the pooch on squads, but I like BF3's class system a lot more, and it would be much better if they better balance the Engy class and buff Recon points.

Vehemently disagree with the shooting mechanics. I feel BF3's outclasses BC2's gunplay in every way, shape, and form--it's really hard to go back to BC2 for this reason alone.

They need to bring Port Valdez (Rush), Arica Harbor (Rush), and Harvest Day (Rush and CQ) to BF3. I even have guilty love for Valparaiso and Isla Inocenes Rush and wouldn't mind seeing them.

You need to use more weapons. I have 350 kills on every assault rifle except AN-94 and KH2002 but I'm getting close. Fill those bars!

Only things I miss from BC2 were the op sniper rifles, op medics, op C4, op noobstav, op SMGs, op pistols, op magnum ammo, but all the overpowered OPness it somehow balanced out
unless you hadn't unlocked everything in which case your shit out of luck
...........and yeah the shooting mechanics were terrible.

You need to use more weapons. I have 350 kills on every assault rifle except AN-94 and KH2002 but I'm getting close. Fill those bars!

Only things I miss from BC2 were the op sniper rifles, op medics, op C4, op noobstav, op SMGs, op pistols, op magnum ammo, but all the overpowered OPness it somehow balanced out

Don't remind me, I was looking at my stats the other day and realized I haven't really been playing with half of the classes/weapons.

DXPett1

I'd rather see more maps from Bad Company 1 make their way to BF3 than BC2

Cobra84

Bad Company 2's idea of balance. Except for the M60 and Carl Gustav, BC2 actually worked pretty well. BF3's balance is just a mess with no real direction.

I've lost before I've even been able to spawn. I wonder how many losses I have from games I've actually played in.

I'd rather see more maps from Bad Company 1 make their way to BF3 than BC2
Maps from either game would give us better, bigger, and more open maps than we have now.

If this game doesn't have 20+ maps by the time all is said and done, I'll be disappointed. Even variants of the same map, like they do with race tracks, would be welcome.

Binabik15

M249 is getting nerfed? I see a lot more people running amok with the M240B.

I think spread, recoil and stuff should be tweaked, not simple damage nerfs. BC2 made guns pretty weak, IMO. Yes, there more firefights I could turn around (on PS3, on pc you're still dead meat), but half a mag for most guns? No, thanks.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Whatever goofy routing shit that was going on is now fixed. Most of us who haven't been able to load the Battlelog page since Friday can now get on.

TheSeks

I love how I speed clear a server of randoms after AT mining and disabling a their two tanks with an RPG and those AT mines in three minutes on Tehran Highway. After that I got in a tank, had guided missiles. Proceed to spam them and CLEAR.

There's two enemies left and we had like 46 tickets to go. Decided to quit because it was like 10 minutes and no one was joining. DICE should just give the auto-win in those sandbagging games.

Also that dude is using the Ballistic Scope which is why he's able to do those extreme shots. I've used it and it's decent for close-to-mid range sniping without bullet drop, but I feels some of the snipers drop WAY before the 12x scope magnification even starts. The MK11 for instance drops the before the scope "zoom" area. I'm guessing the rifles he's using is better equipped/faster and less drop for the 12x. Or he's gotten real good at judging the drop/distance.

Hellcrow

Oh god, I rage quick way to fast. I tend to check the scoreboard before the first spawn, and quit when I either see a extreme difference in tickets, or the other team has 5 colones with the same clan tag.

And all my friends that I usually play with are playing Skyrim. It is exams soon, you fools! You should wait like me!

soultron

Banned
Still don't get the hate for Recon players. I spot like a madman, plant/defuse when my team won't/can't, and usually pull ~4K a round. I deploy as other classes when the situation calls for it, but I play Recon 90% of the time.

Hellcrow

Still don't get the hate for Recon players. I spot like a madman, plant/defuse when my team won't/can't, and usually pull ~4K a round. I deploy as other classes when the situation calls for it, but I play Recon 90% of the time.

Because most recons are horrible, and it is a very difficult class to play effectively.

soultron

Banned
Because most recons are horrible, and it is a very difficult class to play effectively.

I'm not saying I'm the greatest at it, but as long as you move towards completing objectives and be aware that your role, moment-to-moment, is largely situational, I believe a Recon can be a valuable part of any attacking or defending team.

Looking forward to the patch... patches are always good.

Do we assume that the next big patch will bring Karkand? Or is this one Karkand considering they've been blast marketing it a bit the last week?

soultron

Banned
Looking forward to the patch... patches are always good.

Do we assume that the next big patch will bring Karkand? Or is this one Karkand considering they've been blast marketing it a bit the last week?

We still don't know when B2K is coming out yet, IIRC. We know that it'll be December, but there hasn't been a concrete date yet.

The patch will most likely be separate, in short.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Still learning how to use jets. So far I've been able to pilot without crashing and regularly turn right. Outside of that, fuck all.

If only there was leveling up just by time spent in the vehicle. :-/ I need some god damn flares.

TheSeks

You know, I love stealth moments. Team arms B third set Norshal Canals Rush. I'm near the lockers on A. Anti-air wagon (Cheesemobile) is nearby. I'm thinking "please move please move to B..." It does. I go to A. Arm it as the enemy is going to B. Get taken potshots at, B is taken. A is taken. Get off the cliff and near the out of bounds of the bridge to fourth set. I get potshotted while I get into cover. Turn around, suppress the enemy shooting at me to make him run. I'm like "Gurl, bye." :lol

You know, I love stealth moments. Team arms B third set Norshal Canals Rush. I'm near the lockers on A. Anti-air wagon (Cheesemobile) is nearby. I'm thinking "please move please move to B..." It does. I go to A. Arm it as the enemy is going to B. Get taken potshots at, B is taken. A is taken. Get off the cliff and near the out of bounds of the bridge to fourth set. I get potshotted while I get into cover. Turn around, suppress the enemy shooting at me to make him run. I'm like "Gurl, bye." :lol

These are the kinds of stories I play BF3 for. Battlefield moments indeed.

We still don't know when B2K is coming out yet, IIRC. We know that it'll be December, but there hasn't been a concrete date yet.

The patch will most likely be separate, in short.

We don't know December for sure, all we know is that it will be before the end of the year...

But you're right, I doubt it will be this week, I'm just thinking wishfully, I want more maps. BAD.

I hope they don't nerf the SCAR, I really don't believe it needs nerfing, the thing that needs to be nerfed is the AA Gun, that thing is like the ultimate weapon.

I've been using it for anti-infantry warfare lately, with the Thermal Vision and the Proximity Scanner, anyone on the ground doesn't have a chance. It's also pretty good against tanks if you're in the open and can time when you think the tank is going to shoot well enough, just drive circles around him while you're shooting and when you expect his next shot to come Stop and turn around, because in order to hit you, he's gotta be aiming in front. Doesn't always work, but I've taken down a few tanks with just the AA myself so far... WAY OP.

I just hate it when I lose it hah.

Jtrizzy

So depressing. I spent a shit ton of hard earned money to build a pc for this game and it just crashes to black screen every time now and I'm just trying to get through the campaign. I have a 2600k and a 580, and even when I put all the settings on high it crashes.

Any chance this patch will address stuff like that or is this just to balance mp? I can't connect to mp games either. It just sits there at "connecting" in the little box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom