• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, yes.

Nope, taclight wasn't in the changelog.

Found this list of changes that WEREN'T made in this patch:
No Javelin buff.
No TV Missile fix.
No Mortar nerf.
No Taclight nerf.
No frag rounds nerf.
No killcam skip.
No HUD tweaks.
No fix for points when repairing from inside a chopper.
No fix for player models clipping through buildings when prone.
No fix for losing your SOFLAM/EOD Bot when running near an ammo pack.
No fix for Russian/American guns auto switching after every round when you have them unlocked for both.
No loadout/deploy UI changes inspired by the famous mockup.

And I'd add VOIP to the list as well.

Linconan

Well shit, looks like i can't even get online with my copy of BF3.

I bought from Ebay,
Online Pass didn't work under Aus Psn tag.. Fuck!
Jumped onto my sons gamertag (HK), code invalid/expired.. Fuck it!!
Jumped back to my AU account, to BUY Online Pass. Still didn't work.. Fuck fuck fuck!!!

I'm outta ideas :(
I feel used and abused, then spat on. Thanks Ebay, Thanks EA, Thanks PSN

"MEDIC!!!..We have a man down!!!!"

- Scar doesn't seem gimped at all. It feels about the same as always, to me. I just went 19-4 and 22-7 using only it to see how my performance was. I really didn't feel a difference at all. Glad about that.

- With the 360 pad plugged in it now rumbles a lot. It NEVER used to do this and I can't see an option in the menu to turn it off? I have it plugged in for vehicles but the noise of it vibrating on my desk is horrible and I can't put up with it.

And it's wiped my favourites from Battlelog. Urgh!

Wow so they finally turned on rumble eh? Need to remember to start putting that on the floor when I play otherwise it will give me a heart attack lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well shit, looks like i can't even get online with my copy of BF3.

I bought from Ebay,
Online Pass didn't work under Aus Psn tag.. Fuck!
Jumped onto my sons gamertag (HK), code invalid/expired.. Fuck it!!
Jumped back to my AU account, to BUY Online Pass. Still didn't work.. Fuck fuck fuck!!!

I'm outta ideas :(
I feel used and abused, then spat on. Thanks Ebay, Thanks EA, Thanks PSN

"MEDIC!!!..We have a man down!!!!"

What region is the game from? You need that regions PSN store account to use your online pass.

Why is this still a huge issue for people?. Yes the PS3 is "region-free" but it's DLC/licenses aren't.

What region is the game from? You need that regions PSN store account to use your online pass.

Why is this still a huge issue for people?. Yes the PS3 is "region-free" but it's DLC/licenses aren't.

probably is a huge issue because in most cases it just works (TM) on other platforms, even ones with region locks!

TheSeks

probably is a huge issue because it just works (TM) on other platforms, even ones with region locks!

Except AFAIK you can't use other regions codes/DLC on XBL either. You can't for points cards, which is similar to the online pass code for PSN.

Really, the rule of thumb for "region free" consoles is: Is it online/DLC-included? Better wait for your regions release. Is it singleplayer? Fuck it, import it.

- Scar doesn't seem gimped at all. It feels about the same as always, to me. I just went 19-4 and 22-7 using only it to see how my performance was. I really didn't feel a difference at all. Glad about that.

It only takes 1 extra bullet to kill with the SCAR I believe, it wasn't a big nerf. The 7.62 weapons are still more powerful than the 5.56's, as it should be. It really is only going to effect mainly the really long range shots with the SCAR

Rainy Dog

It only takes 1 extra bullet to kill with the SCAR I believe, it wasn't a big nerf. The 7.62 weapons are still more powerful than the 5.56's, as it should be. It really is only going to effect mainly the really long range shots with the SCAR

Except the Scar and G3 aren't more powerful anymore, they're exactly the same. One bullet might not seem like a big nerf on paper, but it's enough to nerf them into oblivion. There's now simply no point in using either unless you want to intentionally handicap yourself against better weapons with higher rates of fire, less recoil and more bullets that deal the same damage.

So many things that need fixing in this game and yet they nerf and buff stuff that didn't even need touching.

Anyway, finally a proper weapon damage chart based on actual game files. (WIP and pre-patch)

Lol at the 'balancing' when you take into account rates of fire.

Except the Scar and G3 aren't more powerful anymore, they're exactly the same. One bullet might not seem like a big nerf on paper, but it's enough to nerf them into oblivion. There's now simply no point in using either unless you want to intentionally handicap yourself against better weapons with higher rates of fire, less recoil and more bullets that deal the same damage.

So many things that need fixing in this game and yet they nerf and buff stuff that didn't even need touching.

Anyway, finally a proper weapon damage chart based on actual game files. (WIP and pre-patch)

That chart not making much sense to me, like he previous ones better which showed clearly damage based on range. The damage on the SCAR doesn't feel nerfed in game, almost feels like all they did was nerf the damage at longer ranges

Man if they don't fix the voice chat on consoles... :RAGE:

voice chat on console you mean.

works fine on 360!

so does the analog stick aiming! (well, for as good as an analog stick can aim, amirite trackball users!?)

Except AFAIK you can't use other regions codes/DLC on XBL either. You can't for points cards, which is similar to the online pass code for PSN.

Really, the rule of thumb for "region free" consoles is: Is it online/DLC-included? Better wait for your regions release. Is it singleplayer? Fuck it, import it.

depends on the code... paid point card codes are notoriously region locked, most others work fine.

Some interesting notes from this site:

Body part multipliers for most weapons are following:
Head: 2.0
Torso: 1.0
Arms: 1.0
Legs: 0.9

Shotguns have different headshot multiplier which is 2.4.

m870 doesnt have any spread for frags/slugs.
M1014 has a tiny spread.
USAS has a huge spread even for the first round.
Higher RPM on the shotgun means more spread EVEN ON THE FIRST ROUND.

Sniper rifle damages and ranges are exactly same with or without a silencer, but muzzle velocity (bullet speed) isn't.

Damaging gunner of GAZ-3937 VODNIK:

Theres are 2 sweet spots on each side of the vehicle.
You can damage the gunner by shooting to these points with frag rounds or other explosives.
Frag rounds do around 20 damage to gunner when fired to those spots.
Also hand grenades damage the gunner when thrown under the vehicle.

vodnik.png

So how the fuck do I update this piece of shit? I love the game but there's something wrong with the system when it isn't clear anywhere how or when it is downloading.

Clicking update game in the battlelog goes to origin download page for battlefield 3 where it asks me to buy the game, I already bought the fucking limited edition through origin so I am not going to buy it again thank you, right clicking and clicking check for updates just gives me "game is up to date" message even though battlelog says it is not.

derFeef

SuperÑ;32880325 said:
Install to SSD and they're almost non existant

Yep, I'll buy a SSD just for that issue, so DICE does not need to fix it.
Load times are inconsistent. Sometimes it takes ages, sometimes it's blazing fast (new maps of course).

Yes they are, you still kill with 1 bullet faster with scar and g3 if you aren't super close to people, the nerf is just for very close where it killed in 3 bullets (around -10m) So the damage after 10m when you would kill in 4 bullets is just the same as before the nerf.

Zeppelin

So how the fuck do I update this piece of shit? I love the game but there's something wrong with the system when it isn't clear anywhere how or when it is downloading.

Clicking update game in the battlelog goes to origin download page for battlefield 3 where it asks me to buy the game, I already bought the fucking limited edition through origin so I am not going to buy it again thank you, right clicking and clicking check for updates just gives me "game is up to date" message even though battlelog says it is not.

Restarting Origin did the trick for me.

Yeah it akes about 10-15 seconds to load a map with my SSD, must suck using a regular HDD.

Well, I'm on a mechanical drive and I load fast enough to be in the game like 30 seconds before the round starts. Even if I got a SSD I would have to wait for the round to start.

Also: Could it be that the reason why some things haven't been addressed in this patch is because it's relatively old and has been in console cert for a couple of weeks?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Yeah it akes about 10-15 seconds to load a map with my SSD, must suck using a regular HDD.
I would say the average is like 45 seconds. Very, very rarely, the game loads in like less than 10 seconds. It's very weird. This is before the new patch. I will try this later and report back.

I was playing with 4xAA and post AA on high before and went to medium and no AA. The performance gains are good (10-120 depending on the view). I never dipped below 40 before though. Even on the kill cam with choppers and smoke/debris/mayhem going it was never too low.

Someone give me advice as this is conflicting. Should I go all out or go no AA, high post AA? Or 2xAA, mid post AA?

LiquidMetal14

Welcome to DICE.

DICE's issues are not as broad as others. I mean this is every big game. Issues and small community nitpicks. Hopefully either the dev or the community finds a fix. Skyrim is working out pretty well without Beth doing anything at all yet except being draconian and patching TESV.exe ><

They did some nice fixes in the patch, but people get angry because some things they wanted didn't get included. Stuff like IR and Lights are already mentioned as coming in a future patch.

Balance is never going to please everyone. Theres not a FPS out right now that doesn't have people whining about balance, and each patch comes out creates new issues. This isn't something unique to DICE.

Linconan

Not exactly true.
I've bought heaps of UK imported games and never had a problem with online content and DL content from AU. Aswell as cross dl'ing content for A specific games.
eg: UK version of Mortal Kombat, and played on AU gamertag and unlocked Online pass for AU, and Downloaded US content.
So it all depends.

Anyway,
Says printed in Hong Kong
Appart from that, nothing.
And, i haven't had a problem like this before in anything i've imported for accessing Online features.
And, this time i thought it'd be like any other.

And by the way, like i said..
I even bought the AUS Online Pass, even that didn't unlock the online features. THUS, making the game (online atleast) Region LOCKED for the Pass.
I wanna play on my Gamertag. Hence the purchase.

I'm tired. I think i'll go to bed before i break something,lol

I'll have to get rid of this copy and get a SH copy.
EA are sure getting my money and time on this title, that's for sure...*sigh

I think you're being a bit dramatic. I was killing assault guys easily with the SCAR still. It still feels like a good gun. Not overpowered, not underpowered.

I am not usually the one to complain but I just don't understand DICE's priorities here, many of the changes that the community has been asking for were not implemented, even when they were acknowledged by DICE a long time ago, you still can't create squads, no joystick binding, and probably what baffles me the most, no tactical light and IRNV nerfs, this is something they were supposed to be fixing a long time ago. WTF DICE, I guess they are too busy pimping back to Karkand to really care about these things.

/rant

I am not usually the one to complain but I just don't understand DICE's priorities here, many of the changes that the community has been asking for were not implemented, even when they were acknowledged by DICE a long time ago, you still can't create squads, no joystick binding, and probably what baffles me the most, no tactical light and IRNV nerfs, this is something they were supposed to be fixing a long time ago. WTF DICE, I guess they are too busy pimping back to Karkand to really care about these things.

/rant

This patch has been in the work for a while, lot of these things were acknowledged at launch as in the works. Lot of the other issues are said to be getting fixed but not till the next patch probably. Biggest issue really is they are taking so long to roll out these patches and then they got to do the console versions as well which likely will have slight differences too.

EVIL

Javelin doesn't need to be fixed. Players need a fix for not playing as a team.

currently (when not combining it with a soflam) 66% of the time hits the ground around the tank resulting in no damage done. Also when using the javelin at extreme ranges in combo with the soflam, simply loses its target.

This patch has been in the work for a while, lot of these things were acknowledged at launch as in the works. Lot of the other issues are said to be getting fixed but not till the next patch probably. Biggest issue really is they are taking so long to roll out these patches and then they got to do the console versions as well which likely will have slight differences too.

people were complaining about the tactical light and IRNV way before the EOD exploit was found, if a fix for the exploit made it in time why not those other 2? how difficult can it be to add some variables to the tactical light and the IRNV, heck I even remember seeing some picture like 3 weeks ago with the new and improved tactical light.
next patch is going to be in December with the expansion I guess, so now we have to wait like 3 more weeks and pray they do something about it. if not there is always the next patch, and the next patch after that...

LiquidMetal14

no joystick binding fixes. wtf dice

Outside of the non showing 360 button interface, what is wrong? I'm actually not disagreeing with you but want to know what issues you are so I can see if I'm the same. The bindings are crap and bare bones to say the least.

Someone please tell me there's some community fix to show 360 button mappings on screen?

/rant

They've always indicated the tac light and IRNV nerf will be in a later patch.

Everything else, though...yeah. Joystick support should have been in from the beginning, along with proper squad support.

people were complaining about the tactical light and IRNV way before the EOD exploit was found, if a fix for the exploit made it in time why not those other 2? how difficult can it be to add some variables to the tactical light and the IRNV, heck I even remember seeing some picture like 3 weeks ago with the new and improved tactical light.
next patch is going to be in December with the expansion I guess, so now we have to wait like 3 more weeks and pray they do something about it. if not there is always the next patch, and the next patch after that...

Wow, you are full of hyperbole ths morning! Altering a gameplay mechanic is a completely different beast than fixing an exploit.

Pics of the tac light change were posted 2 weeks ago, and Demize said it was being worked on/tweaked and would be out in a later patch. Same for IRNV. It's not as simple as just plugging in some number, as you make it out to be.

It's not like we're dealing with game-breaking bugs here. I thought the IRNV would be game-breaking, but it hasn't been nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Has the below radar perk for jets and helis been fixed?

There are known/acknowledged issues with it not damaging a clear lock/target.

Aha, didn't know that. I was more talking about the damage though.

I dont think I've ever set foot in a jet, but that is indeed a reason to get an SSD for those without!

Jets spawn later anyway. I'm guessing to accommodate people with normal hdd's. I bet this can be changed by the admin, but I haven't seen it yet.

TheSeks

Javelin doesn't need to be fixed. Players need a fix for not playing as a team.

You funny guy, your team loses Norshal Canals fast.

Yes, it does. In pathfinding and a small buff if we're going to continue to hold 4 Javalin rounds with explosives perk.

LiquidMetal14

The 360 pad has been established as near defacto in terms of controller support. I don't care if it's the DS3, SNES controller, or Negcon, this should be standard by now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom