• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazdarati

Neo Member
no joystick binding fixes. wtf dice

This is copied and pasted from another website and it worked for me to get my joystick working.

1. Go into in-game options screen, go to Key Bindings. Select "On Foot", and unbind all joystick keys (highlight the key you want to unbind, hold escape for a few seconds until the field is clear).

2. In Key Bindings tab go to "In Vehicle" and unbind all joystick keys.

3. In Key Bindings go to "Common" tab and unbind all joystick keys.

4. In Key Bindings go to "In Jet" or "In Helicopter", whichever you want to use joystick for, and unbind all mouse keys. Bind the joystick keys that you want to use.

5. Double-check all binding settings and make sure that you don't have any joystick keys bound for "On Foot", "In Vehicle" or "Common".

Exit Key Bindings and save your changes.

Hope this helps...

Luckyman

Banned
Holy shit the FPS dropped pretty bad to like 10fps on 360 Rush Kark Island at the last mcom when building was destroyed in to pieces

scogoth

Those with joysticks:

Any help on how to get used to using this? I just got a joystick and I've been messing around with it on jets and it's pretty damn hard. I can turn with ease etc as you'd expect, but actually lining up a shot? Seems like I can't do it without having my damn jet be turned sideways while shooting.

Any tips?!

Which joystick? Do you have rudder control?

Use up/down and rudder left/right to aim, your pitch should only be used to do bank turns when pursuing an enemy jet but once lined up use the rudder to go slightly left or right.

Rainy Dog

Yes they are, you still kill with 1 bullet faster with scar and g3 if you aren't super close to people, the nerf is just for very close where it killed in 3 bullets (around -10m) So the damage after 10m when you would kill in 4 bullets is just the same as before the nerf.

If neither now kill in 3 bullets at close range, then they kill in 4. Just like every other AR/Engi gun. The 25's, 34's etc. don't necessarily matter, its how they multiply by a hundred that counts.

Even if they kept the long range damage values the same, there still has to be a drop off from the new close range values of 25. And anything less than 25 is a 5 bullet kill, effectively leveling them out with the rest of the AR's/Carbines. There might be a certain range area where they do 20+ damage and the 25-17 guns are below 20 at that point, but it's hardly compensation for their ROF's, recoil/spread values and ammo counts.

Rainy Dog

I think you're being a bit dramatic. I was killing assault guys easily with the SCAR still. It still feels like a good gun. Not overpowered, not underpowered.

Well, you can give yourself a pat on the back as you were out gunning people with better weapons than you :p

Unless they were all using AN-94's.

Rainy Dog

The weapon's chart has been updated with true ROF values. Interesting to note that the AEK fires at 900rpm when Battlelog lists it as 750rpm. I did think that it felt the fastest firing AR when I unlocked it in the beta, actually...

Has the most side to side recoil of the AR's but the foregrip tames that enough. Plus it has the joint lowest vertical recoil so is pretty much the deadliest gun in the game. All you F2000 users might want to consider swapping!

What region is the game from? You need that regions PSN store account to use your online pass.

Why is this still a huge issue for people?. Yes the PS3 is "region-free" but it's DLC/licenses aren't.

Just to add to that. EA is sending out invalid codes. I just got a whooping 100 Euro phone bill because those swines at EA customer service refused to help me and my brother repeatedly getting a new code for BF3s online pass. It's not a region issue, it's EA purposefully ignoring customers telling them "tough luck, that's life" and accusing them of theft. Hell those bastards even gave us a "direct line number" for our case, which ended up being a real estate agent!!!

EA is a criminal organization for all I care. My experience with them has been similar to online scams and they have no problem with them shipping invalid codes and selling not working copies of their games.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Patch is working great for me but...WHY DID THEY ADD RUMBLE TO THE 360 PAD?

Is there a way to disable it? I don't want it rumbling when I have it set aside when using the kb/m.

If neither now kill in 3 bullets at close range, then they kill in 4. Just like every other AR/Engi gun. The 25's, 34's etc. don't necessarily matter, its how they multiply by a hundred that counts.

Even if they kept the long range damage values the same, there still has to be a drop off from the new close range values of 25. And anything less than 25 is a 5 bullet kill, effectively leveling them out with the rest of the AR's/Carbines. There might be a certain range area where they do 20+ damage and the 25-17 guns are below 20 at that point, but it's hardly compensation for their ROF's, recoil/spread values and ammo counts.

25 meters is pretty much meaningless, most engagements are far longer range than that in this game. The SCAR and G3 still do more damage at range than it's 5.56 counter parts at medium to long ranges.

EVIL

Tanks would get nowhere. It would be glorious. Add in SOFLAM and everyone on the ground hoofing it for five minutes to Call of Duty up.

Give tanks some counter for soflam (some sort of smoke that inhibits laser painting or something) and its balanced out. Atm soflam and the javelin are near useless.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Give tanks some counter for soflam (some sort of smoke that inhibits laser painting or something) and its balanced out. Atm soflam

Yes.

and the javelin are near useless.

GeorgeMichealWhat?No.No.No.nonono.gif

It can disable from a lock-on by throwing the missile in the air. Otherwise it needs a small buff (going from 35->40) otherwise it would be too powerful against tanks with it's lock on and the SOFLAM for air.

SOFLAM does need a buff, though.

Binabik15

G3 nerfed? Noooo, I´m a few k points away from it. Should´ve forced my bro to play bro-op some more to play at least one round with it pre-nerf :(

Shotgun minimum range/max damage range wasn´t changed? It often feels it takes half a dozen shots to kill someone who is just across a room/street.

Edit: They lowered SAM damage against aircraft? WTF? Helis, especially transport and Little Birds, are the only thing I can get halfway reliably down.

PerZona

Installed BF3 on my WD 1TB Caviar Black and the when you switch sides in a game the loading is blazing fast, max 20 secs i think. I have a SSD as well, but it's only 60GB so...well not enough space with the OS installed =/

But so far the loading times on BF3 that's installed on my Caviar Black is really fast, especially after the patch. No issue for the load times!

Spl1nter

This just happened

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Spl1nters' (for 0 minutes) ... Sorry, players from Canada are not allowed." [Admin Decision]

Rainy Dog

25 meters is pretty much meaningless, most engagements are far longer range than that in this game. The SCAR and G3 still do more damage at range than it's 5.56 counter parts at medium to long ranges.

But one bullet less to kill at max range is not enough to make up for being generally much worse in all other aspects. Heck, the G3 has nearly half the ROF of the AEK and it's only advantage now is that it kills in one less bullet at long range. It's considerably worse in every other aspect.

I still remain adamant that both guns were actually two of the most fairly tuned and balanced of the lot, especially after the seeing the proper stats. Was no need to nerf them at all. In fact, both will be re-buffed back eventually...definitely the G3 at least as per BC2. Mark my words :p

Beaulieu

sooo how do I update ? In the game manager I click update and it brings up my game in origin and all I can do is "play" which opens battlelog again ???

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
But one bullet less to kill at max range is not enough to make up for being generally much worse in all other aspects. Heck, the G3 has nearly half the ROF of the AEK and it's only advantage now is that it kills in one less bullet at long range. It's considerably worse in every other aspect.

I still remain adamant that both guns were actually two of the most fairly tuned and balanced of the lot, especially after the seeing the proper stats. Was no need to nerf them at all. In fact, both will be re-buffed back eventually...definitely the G3 at least as per BC2. Mark my words :p

Well, before, the SCAR was superior at all ranges. Not sure how that was better.

i didnt see anything in that update about fixing hit detection. my biggest issue with this game is unloading an entire clip in someone then having them turn around and kill you with 1 shot.

At medium ranges it really is not that noticeable from what I've been trying so far, and at long range pretty much you are forced to use burst fire or single shot taps where ROF and the other factors aren't really much of an issue as the 5.56 rifles/carbines also require such trigger discipline to be effective those ranges.

I looked over the patch notes and only saw buffs for the cholla. Is there anything for the jets?

Stingers got a nerf so bonus for jets, and the guns on jets overall do more damage now against pretty much everything

Rainy Dog

Well, before, the SCAR was superior at all ranges. Not sure how that was better.

Because it's worse than all other carbines in pretty much all other aspects. Recoil, spread, hip-fire, firing whilst moving, rate of fire, bullet speed, mag size, less overall bullets.

I felt the one bullet at all ranges was fair with all that taken into account, especially now that we've seen it isn't more powerful than any of the AR's at max distances. If it now only kills in one less bullet at long range (and we don't have that confirmed, they might've nerfed it at all ranges) than other engi guns, it's not really worth using anymore.

Because it's worse than all other carbines in pretty much all other aspects. Recoil, spread, hip-fire, firing whilst moving, rate of fire, bullet speed, mag size, less overall bullets.

I felt the one bullet at all ranges was fair with all that taken into account, especially now that we've seen it isn't more powerful than any of the AR's at max distances. If it now only kills in one less bullet at long range (and we don't have that confirmed, they might've nerfed it at all ranges) than other engi guns, it's not really worth using anymore.

Yeah. I would have much rather they just decrease accuracy or recoil, instead of making it statistically inferior to just about every other option as an engineer.

DICE, you supposedly have 5000 fucking variables per weapon! USE THEM!

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah, not sure why infantry AA options got a nerf AND jet damage to infantry got a buff. Wasn't expecting both.

Probably because the odds of getting killed by a strafing fighter were close to nil and beginning fighters have nothing but the cannon.

In ~150 hours of BF3 played primarily on conquest/conquest 64 I was killed by a strafing fighter exactly once and even that was some magic bullet that came out of nowhere and blew my head off, didn't even see a jet. :p

Seriously, did they just break the bipod for sniper rifles?! Anyone else experiencing problems with it?

Wouldn't surprise me, I've read in the officials forums that some people have problem killing with the MAV when it was easy for them before, everything is going according to DICE's keikaku, they will systematically stealth nerf the recon class with every new patch, until the final patch that replaces all the sniper rifles with a wooden stick, you'll get 0.5 points every time you tickle an enemy to death but you'll lose 5 levels if you die trying

Probably because the odds of getting killed by a strafing fighter were close to nil and beginning fighters have nothing but the cannon.

In ~150 hours of BF3 played primarily on conquest/conquest 64 I was killed by a strafing fighter exactly once and even that was some magic bullet that came out of nowhere and blew my head off, didn't even see a jet. :p

The only time I've had a jet kill me, was when I was in a tank. Jets need more involvement in the ground game.

The only time I've had a jet kill me, was when I was in a tank. Jets need more involvement in the ground game.

I agree, but it's just strange that they are not only making the jets more effective vs infantry, but making infantry less effective against jets.

I mean, who knows? Could inspire people to come together as a team andLOL

Cobra84

Depends on what mode you are playing. Like a lot of things in the is game they are taken to extremes with no middle ground. The rush jets turn tanks into tracked coffins and the conquest jets are only good for crashing into helicopters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom