• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nymerio

My game (PC) keeps crashing on the thunder run mission. Tried it three times and it always happens at the exact same spot. After I clear the convoy and I have to follow the other tank onto the highway. Somewhere along the road the game just stops. I have the newest drivers etc. installed. Google only gives me results for the thunder run gameplay trailer :/ Is there anything I can do?

wait, what do they mean with infantry? soldiers? vehicles? both? if it's only soldiers then the buff is worthless, I mean, do people actually see infantry while flying a jet and can aim at them? LOL ! you spend all the time searching/evading/engaging enemy jets and rockets... what they should buff is the damage of the laser-guided missile... you have to take a lot of risks to use it and the damage it does to 100% HP tanks is laughable, like 33-34 damage points per rocket... the rocket should at least put them on the verge of disable (55 dmg) if not disabling them !

Jtrizzy

Well, the game still crashes for me after the patch. Tried the beta drivers and the official ones. Guess my pc is fucked. Judging by the Arkham City pc thread I pretty much threw $1500 down the drain for these two games. Man what great feeling.

Weird thing is that I got about 3 or 4 hours into the campaign before this started happening.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Soooo....go to Battlelog, try to update Battlefield 3 via battlelog, it links me to buy BF3 in origin......

demolitio

Well battlelog is back up for me...in a game now

I hope to join you soon once this patch finishes up. Time for us to kick ass in our Cobra thanks to them finally making air assets worth a damn against ground targets. Hell, I usually am undefeated in the air in a jet but that makes it boring since there's nothing to shoot out of the sky and you barely do damage to infantry units so you have to hope you can eyeball a tank on the ground and use rocket pods against it. I'd use the ATG missiles if people actually fucking set up SOFLAMs for a change.

Now air superiority will mean something hopefully.

mr_nothin

Banned
I hope to join you soon once this patch finishes up. Time for us to kick ass in our Cobra thanks to them finally making air assets worth a damn against ground targets. Hell, I usually am undefeated in the air in a jet but that makes it boring since there's nothing to shoot out of the sky and you barely do damage to infantry units so you have to hope you can eyeball a tank on the ground and use rocket pods against it. I'd use the ATG missiles if people actually fucking set up SOFLAMs for a change.

Now air superiority will mean something hopefully.
Unless it's instant respawning vehicles XD

Feels like they loosened up the havoc some :D

Linconan

Ok, i just got this game.
I know, i know..slap me.

*holds wrist out*

Anyway,
I had an Update approx 200meg when first booted up.
I had to buy an Online Pass (Ebay code didn't work, musta been secound hand) and keep getting errors when trying to connect. Keeps saying "Try Again Later"
I've tried many times "Later" today. I think i have a handfull of hair left to wait.

*sigh................

In other news, I've played Single Player alittle. And FUCK ME! the lighting is...REAL.lol
Some dude shined his torch at me and couldn't believe the glare and graphics.
Games been running smooth and looking awesome.
PS3 Version here ;)

Need to try Multiplayer out :(

Jtrizzy

Black screen of DICE. *sigh* They'll never learn.

Yeah I was getting that during the Kasarov level of the campaign, even on high (580). I turned it down to medium and was able to get past the level it kept crashing in. Then I was able to return to the mostly everything on ultra settings as it should be. I was so pissed, I didn't realize I was only about 15 minutes from the end lol.

Now I just have to figure out why I can't get into any games. My landlord got ATT U-Verse, which I'm sure is DSL, with a 3.0 connection. Any advice on that? And learn kb/m...how hard can that be lol.

PerZona

Just played a few matches and it's kinda the same as before, as i didn't really encounter black screens on BF3 before. Only the flashing green ones but i rarely encounter that, i wonder if they fixed that flashing green screen?

In any case, glad that they fixed the squad option, but i see no flashlight fix in the patch notes? Didn't really encounter any players with the flashlight attachment in my last few games though....

And how do i share my profile stats and page to my fb/twitter/google+ ?

Edit: Nvm i saw it, it's on the top right hand corner of the profile page where there's a share button to click on.

Doesn't seem like there were any changes to IRNV? I used it to great effect on Caspian and Grand Bazaar just now, felt just like it did before (unless that wasn't scheduled for this patch?)

They also added vibrate for 360 controllers (I use it for jets). Scared the shit out of me when it started going nuts on top of my computer the first time =P (sadly don't see any option to turn that off =/)

As for load times, my initial load time for maps has always been long (1 minute+?) but every map after is always quick, so nothing changed for me there with the patch.

PerZona

Doesn't seem like there were any changes to IRNV? I used it to great effect on Caspian and Grand Bazaar just now, felt just like it did before (unless that wasn't scheduled for this patch?)

They also added vibrate for 360 controllers (I use it for jets). Scared the shit out of me when it started going nuts on top of my computer the first time =P (sadly don't see any option to turn that off =/)

As for load times, my initial load time for maps has always been long (1 minute+?) but every map after is always quick, so nothing changed for me there with the patch.

I don't think they made any changes to the IRNV. It's the same as before, the patch notes didn't state that they're fixing the IRNV though. What problems did u have with it? I LOVE it please don't change it :p

squidyj

I don't think they made any changes to the IRNV. It's the same as before, the patch notes didn't state that they're fixing the IRNV though. What problems did u have with it? I LOVE it please don't change it :p

It's basically like cheating. I use it but that's what it is. It needs to lose effectiveness over range and then it would be fine but showing enemies, explosives, mines, vehicles, everything as a heat signature against a dim background makes it too easy to see and target stuff.

leng jai

It's basically like cheating. I use it but that's what it is. It needs to lose effectiveness over range and then it would be fine but showing enemies, explosives, mines, vehicles, everything as a heat signature against a dim background makes it too easy to see and target stuff.

It always feels like people see me so easily even though I'm being pretty discreet and then I remember IRNV is in this game. Personally I don't use it because I hate the way it makes the game look every time you're scoped. Its a nightmare on Caspian Border.

Twinduct

It always feels like people see me so easily even though I'm being pretty discreet and then I remember IRNV is in this game. Personally I don't use it because I hate the way it makes the game look every time you're scoped. Its a nightmare on Caspian Border.

Used it for a few games, not a fan tbh. Gave me loads of cheap kills. Not fun :<

PerZona

I agree...was kinda shocked when i use it for the first time. So damn easy to spot the enemy. But recently i use the Holographic scope though, and i kinda think the M249 is quite overpowered tbh.

In alpha/beta IRNV performed much worse in daylight didn't it?

I would equip it for the 2nd and 3rd sets of mcoms in Operation Metro, but first and fourth mcoms it was fairly useless... if I remember correctly.

gtx 580.
new patch is giving me 6-7 extra fps. the same as beta nvidia drivers.
loading time is cut in fractions now. im waiting less for games to load.
also, when my 580 is overclocked. i no longer get the pattern/triangular artefacts.
i like it.

Jtrizzy

Is there a way to see how much bandwidth someone elese your network is using? Also does anyone know if you can load the disc version of Crysis 2 in Origin/on the hard drive? Sorry for the ot questions.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there a way to see how much bandwidth someone elese your network is using? Also does anyone know if you can load the disc version of Crysis 2 in Origin/on the hard drive? Sorry for the ot questions.

Does C2 have a CD-key? If so, you can tie it to your origin account and install/download it from there. Similar to Battle.net's D2/SC/WC3 CD-key account tying.

- Scar doesn't seem gimped at all. It feels about the same as always, to me. I just went 19-4 and 22-7 using only it to see how my performance was. I really didn't feel a difference at all. Glad about that.

- With the 360 pad plugged in it now rumbles a lot. It NEVER used to do this and I can't see an option in the menu to turn it off? I have it plugged in for vehicles but the noise of it vibrating on my desk is horrible and I can't put up with it.

And it's wiped my favourites from Battlelog. Urgh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom