• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'll give AGM + Beam Scanning a try next time I'm on.

AGM+beam scanning works great, have to remember that AGMs are affected by armor, line up your approach to come in from behind. ;) The best is getting a hit on a jihad jeep. It is an instant kill plus you get an explosive ribbon or two for setting off his c4. :p

If they've got good mobile AA instead of lining up for best damage I line up so I'm coming in from the sun so I only get shot up exiting the area instead of coming in and out.

Lyonaz

I blew up a tank with c4 once before. It was glorious.

Did that in Seine Crossing, got 3 tanks that match. I felt like James Bond.

Loving the support class, unlimited ammo and killing people with my DAO-12 packed with 12G Frag ammo is glorious, atleast until I unlock the USAS.

Veritas_

I'm pretty sure I'll never level up support or recon. Every time I try, I seem to get owned or just not do as well as normal, and I get annoyed and switch back to assault to get even/capture shit. I tried the Metro maps but I couldn't find a no-rocket server and got tired of eating rockets. I think Bazaar might be the best compromise.

Keep at it! Grinding the Recon class is tough, but do-able. I like to run with the UMP+radio beacon and try to cap/arm as much as possible. A good round will net you around 2,000 points which isn't much, but stick with it. The M98 sniper rifle is glorious.

Khal_B

I'm getting so many crashes now on PC since the new patch. "Disconnected from EA online", "Something Went Wrong", "BF3 has stopped working" and the game randomly launching me into the SP campaign even though I party joined a server with friends. Frustrating.

Binabik15

Brb, I have to grind 47 DAO kills for frag rounds...the USAS seems silly. The other shotguns are kinda bad (without slugs and frags, at least), but lately there's so many high level guys coming around corners and shooting my face off with multiple shotgun blast in a god damn split-second. My brother picked it up once, only got two guys until he was shot from behind (thats tdm for you), but seeing how fast it fires AND reloads was nuts.

Ah well, I've wanted to get frag rounds for a long time now, might as well actually start going for them.

Kak.efes

It would be nice if he showed more than 30 seconds at a time. Its very easy to kill 4 or 5 guys at a time in crowded area with any gun
if you can aim

It's got crazy utility. Levelling support has been such a breeze with resupply, since you're prone to run low on ammunition with it. On Seine, I'll just pepper windows from across the street and end up getting two to three kills at a time with frag shells.

desu

I'm pretty sure I'll never level up support or recon. Every time I try, I seem to get owned or just not do as well as normal, and I get annoyed and switch back to assault to get even/capture shit. I tried the Metro maps but I couldn't find a no-rocket server and got tired of eating rockets. I think Bazaar might be the best compromise.

USAS + Frag Rounds and keep rocking the shit. Did the first half of points with USAS, then UMP45 until I had the M98B (the only sniper weapon that matters).

Also youre playing on pc and what region? Got a good european Metro server wthout RPG/USAS/M320 on Metro.

God damnit, trying to grind coop points and in the last mission we beat it, and during the final bit of dialogue it freezes and we both get no points at all for it.

MNC

I'm really disappointed that the patch has done nothing for the extremely long load times. I guess it might be a driver issue.

Are you on the non-beta drivers that released around the same time as BF3?

Just checked, they're 285.62. I'm on them as well, have really long load times. I don't want to try the beta drivers just yet since the performance itself is really well.

JoeMartin

I don't understand how DICE did nothing about the AA gun on Canals.

The Kharg Island bug may have been annoying but that thing on Canals literally breaks the map in favor of the US.

Lyonaz

Frag rounds are good? Don't they do less damage than the buckshot?

They might do less damage when on direct hit, but with frag rounds you go for the sloppy indirect collateral damage, just blast away on target, direct or indirect hits, they usually die fast. Just watch out when you're in close range, the blast radius will kill you too.

rabhw

Added console command “GameTime.MaxVariableFps” to limit max FPS

Can anyone explain how to use the above? I'm not sure where BF3's autoexec-type file is, and where to add new cvars to it. I'd much rather use this than vsync.

Do the servers make any effort at all to balance teams? It seems there are so many comically one sided matches ...
What platform? Every match I search for on 360 is 17/24 eventually one team always end up quitting because the other is rolling them over. Always ends up like 3 v 9.

Edit: I'm having no fun with it right now.

EVIL

Nice, after the patch I get a ton of connection errors, including the "cannot connect to EA online" error. It also introduced stuttering in some situations (when I get back stabbed for example, tho whole animation is stuttered.) and I still get some weird ass artifacts on firestorm, some of the mountains in the distance are colored with some strange texture and sometimes they spike up like huge spiky mountains.

leng jai

What platform? Every match I search for on 360 is 17/24 eventually one team always end up quitting because the other is rolling them over. Always ends up like 3 v 9.

Edit: I'm having no fun with it right now.

PC. I just ragequit Conquest after playing 5 rounds in a row where we lost by over 150 tickets. Ridiculous.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is there a way to filter favorites by game mode?

I don't think so.

Also the PS3 version is running into 0/32 player servers or not showing any servers at all today. I wanted to play some casual TDM to break my Rush/Conquest monotony and couldn't do that. So it seems it isn't just a PC issue and hopefully that patch that comes this/next week for consoles fixes it.

Dynamic3

I click update game in the log and it brings me to the storefront in Origin and asks me to purchase the game, wtf.

Edit: Nvm, it's downloading.

Is there a site that shows gun specs (ie dmg)?

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Are you on the non-beta drivers that released around the same time as BF3?

Just checked, they're 285.62. I'm on them as well, have really long load times. I don't want to try the beta drivers just yet since the performance itself is really well.

Yeah I'm using those, but I've been trying all kinds of different versions and nothing seems to improve the load times. It really sucks loading into a map and being stuck at the base by myself with no vehicles.

Could someone please explain to me why I always see the 24/7 Conquest 64 Operation Metro server full?

It's ALWAYS full? Why do people play this map? It becomes a fucken mess in the middle and whoever is coming up the stairs just gets decimated unless they get up their first, and in that case they push the other team back to their starting spawn and hold them there...

The whole level is pointless on Conquest, why do people play it?

Is it becuase they can score a lot and level up fast by reviving people?

Because if that's the case, then that is TEH LAME!

BTW, just started using the 4x scopes on the Semi Auto Sniper Rifles = AWESOME. However, I am not as good at this game as I would like to be.

bah. still cant play with local on co-op.

on both computers, bf3.exe launches on both computers. it says loading after a min, then it crashes. fix this shit dice.:mad:

Makoto

Could someone please explain to me why I always see the 24/7 Conquest 64 Operation Metro server full?

It's ALWAYS full? Why do people play this map? It becomes a fucken mess in the middle and whoever is coming up the stairs just gets decimated unless they get up their first, and in that case they push the other team back to their starting spawn and hold them there...

The whole level is pointless on Conquest, why do people play it?
I'm playing it because it's a linear map that's good for leveling up recon.

Other than that, it's an awful map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom