• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone please explain to me why I always see the 24/7 Conquest 64 Operation Metro server full?

It's ALWAYS full? Why do people play this map? It becomes a fucken mess in the middle and whoever is coming up the stairs just gets decimated unless they get up their first, and in that case they push the other team back to their starting spawn and hold them there...

The whole level is pointless on Conquest, why do people play it?

Is it becuase they can score a lot and level up fast by reviving people?

Because if that's the case, then that is TEH LAME!

BTW, just started using the 4x scopes on the Semi Auto Sniper Rifles = AWESOME. However, I am not as good at this game as I would like to be.

People just do it for grinding certain classes

Woo-Fu

Banned
Could someone please explain to me why I always see the 24/7 Conquest 64 Operation Metro server full?

It's ALWAYS full? Why do people play this map?

Great for anybody who can do one or more of the following:

1. toss a grenade
2. use a grenade launcher
3. drop an ammo pack
4. drop a health pack
5. revive a person
6. spam a rocket
7. pilot a MAV

Basically it is for the points, nothing but the points, although the insanity of it is kind of fun now and then, particularly if you have a good squad and are on the team with the map disadvantage. Fun to win when the other team doesn't even think you have a chance.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

It's ALWAYS full? Why do people play this map?

How does I fast level? That's it. The only reason people are playing it, to rank up quickly. :/

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Dumb question: how do I update? When I try to update in Origin, it takes me to the Origin page to buy the game.

vaelic

Banned

It's ALWAYS full? Why do people play this map? It becomes a fucken mess in the middle and whoever is coming up the stairs just gets decimated unless they get up their first, and in that case they push the other team back to their starting spawn and hold them there...

BTW, just started using the 4x scopes on the Semi Auto Sniper Rifles = AWESOME. However, I am not as good at this game as I would like to be.
easy way to grind points

Zeppelin

Did someone else experiencing problems with the bipod for sniper rifles? Me and a friend has been having problems with it not working properly (you unfold it, make a shot and then it isn't unfolded for the next shot) since the patch.

Also: is there a limit to the longest headshot one can get? Some random dude on a server told me it was capped at 975 m and I'm having serious problems with breaking my record of 969 m.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Good news: have patch installed.

Bad news: It broke my game and I can't join any servers (stuck on "Joining server").

:(

IlludiumQ36

This whole "double tickets!", "HIGH TICKETS", "1000 TICKETS" in practically every server is getting ridiculous. A ranked and leveling-capable server should be 400 tickets max. The destructibility of these maps cannot sustain these long-grind matches. The maps are just awful to play on when everything is gutted and/or leveled.

The nerfing of the stinger has just seemed to make the choppers better, not help the jets. Every server I go to seems to have chopper rape going on hardcore now

TheSeks

I still need to get Ninja and Bullseye, but the stupid alert phase for enemies is ridiculous. :/

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm back to getting big artifacts all over the screen :/ 11.11 fixed that and now the patch brought them back. I keep crashing anything I mess with AA or POST AA settings too. I hard freeze and have to ctl.alt,del until the game decides to unfreeze my system :/

I took this like 2 days ago and had it fixed but this patch brought it back

bf32011-11-1922-37-42aruw6.png

Khal_B

Horrible patch in terms of stability. Did they even test this shit? Pre-patch I would get an error maybe every 10 games or so (not ideal but bearable), but now I have to retry like 3 times for almost every game if I want to get onto a server. Load times also seem the same to me.

360 pad rumbles all over my desk when it's plugged in now. Yay rumble, but there doesn't appear to be an on/off toggle, which is annoying. But I also discovered it's plug and play in-game now, which is great, but it only works as a rumble workaround if you have it plugged in on the front of your computer.

Baby steps. :lol

My framerate is a bit better across-the-board now, which is nice. Getting a near-constant 50 on outdoor areas (q6600/6770/4gbddr2, high settings, no AA, ssao).

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap

what kind of question is that? you act like you've never played on Shipment/64/24 hours server.

Shipment_Load.jpg

TheSeks

You'll get there with perseverance. Battlelog tells me that I got Bullseye on my 17th attempt :)

There's no way I'm going to get it with randoms and I'm not going to pester Dreamgazer into doing these two missions with me 100+ times just so my disabled ass can get them.

what kind of question is that? you act like you've never played on Shipment/64/24 hours server.

Pffft. Even on consoles Headquarters with full players (24, IIRC) was insane there. I dunno how Infinity Ward okayed that for matchmaking, but it clearly wasn't built for matchmaking.

mr_nothin

Banned
OMGOMGOMGOMG

I found out how to change graphics settings (cvars/commands)
I've upped shadow resolution from 2048 to 8192 and boy the fps is not a pretty sight lol. I can even change the shadow lod and mesh quality! Time to dig through all of these graphics/animation settings!
I'm going to be up all night trying to make this game look even better D:

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Are people just really bad at driving or are mines way over powered? I'm practically winning matches by laying down a spike trap of mines right across key roads. I destroyed 13 vehicles in one Conquest game, it's nuts. You'd think people would just stop driving after a while, or atleast avoid obvious choke points and main roads.

TheSeks

Are people just really bad at driving or are mines way over powered? I'm practically winning matches by laying down a spike trap of mines right across key roads. I destroyed 13 vehicles in one Conquest game, it's nuts. You'd think people would just stop driving after a while, or atleast avoid obvious choke points and main roads.

People don't notice, it's the simple. In addition a bitch and a half to kill mines. I can iron-sight pistol them an no explosion. Fire a primary non sniper rifle at them, no explosion. So annoying when you could iron-sight them directly in BC2 and have them explode. :/

spk

OMGOMGOMGOMG

I found out how to change graphics settings (cvars/commands)
I've upped shadow resolution from 2048 to 8192 and boy the fps is not a pretty sight lol. I can even change the shadow lod and mesh quality! Time to dig through all of these graphics/animation settings!
I'm going to be up all night trying to make this game look even better D:

Keep us updated :)

Zeppelin

They are pretty hard to spot without termal optics. But trust me, once more people have that unlocked for IFVs and MBTs the only thing you'll be able to kill with mines are jeeps.

scogoth

People don't notice, it's the simple. In addition a bitch and a half to kill mines. I can iron-sight pistol them an no explosion. Fire a primary non sniper rifle at them, no explosion. So annoying when you could iron-sight them directly in BC2 and have them explode. :/

Bullets not longer detonate them =(
That and making them physically smaller and allowing engineers to carry so many makes them a bitch when driving. Just gotta make sure your gunner has IFV.

Lyonaz

Yeah it sucks that bullets don't detonate AT mines anymore. Although I always blow them up with my grenades and/or rocket launcher. I usually check for mines with my IRNV scope. More people should scout for them, AT mines are a bitch.

TheSeks

Bullets not longer detonate them =(
That and making them physically smaller and allowing engineers to carry so many makes them a bitch when driving. Just gotta make sure your gunner has IFV.

You can shoot them with a sniper rifle. I've done it. But yeah, you can't shoot them with other primary guns or the pistols, it's really annoying to learn this given I took anti-tank mine duty in BC2 at times.

The fact that RPG's or grenades have to explode them now makes three of the four classes useless for that purpose. Or having to use the tank itself and hit them from a set distance since you can't hit them on "even" ground.

Daigoro

mines fucking suck. they are broken imo. engies get wayyyy to many of them, they never disappear, its bullshit.

i swear they are fucking invisible half the time. i use IFV and i still havent been able to spot them. dont know what im doing wrong.

RotBot

mines fucking suck. they are broken imo. engies get wayyyy to many of them, they never disappear, its bullshit.

i swear they are fucking invisible half the time. i use IFV and i still havent been able to spot them. dont know what im doing wrong.

Are you on 360? Someone said the mines don't glow under IFV in the 360 version.

Violater

On top of that shooting them doesn't seem to set them off which is BS.

mug

I manage to spot them very easily while in the tank. Also a simple shell sends them into a chain reaction. I do agree with you about the limitless amounts though, it's quite annoying.

Daigoro

Are you on 360? Someone said the mines don't glow under IFV in the 360 version.

i am, and i havent seen one mine since i heard you could spot them with IRV last week.

I manage to spot them very easily while in the tank. Also a simple shell sends them into a chain reaction. I do agree with you about the limitless amounts though, it's quite annoying.

are you playing on PS360 or PC?

ive blown up plenty of mines randomly, but ive never seen an enemy mine in any way shape or form.

its fucked.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I can't even front, on Conquest I pretty much set up a mine field around every choke point near some bases. Like CQ on Grand Bazaar? Market and Square are no driving zones like 4 minutes into the match. It's a massacre.

Daigoro

Guys shut the fuck up about the limitless mines.

If you make too much of a noise DICE might take them away from me okay?

:'(

thats what im hoping. engies get all the cheap shit. mines and rocket splash damage are bullshit honestly.

infantry should be afraid of tanks. they should be hard to take down. but shit dont work that way anymore.

i wish proximity still worked on mines. you still had to pay attention, but at least you always had an active way to tell that they were there. IFV is great and all (if it actually works, havent seen that in action yet), but having to leave it on at all times is lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom