• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's another "WTF, DICE?" thing about mines. You can't spot them to let people know.

You can't? Haven't really tried it in BF3 to be honest but you could spot them in BC2. There would be no visual warning which sucks but there would be VO saying something "hoah! Stop! There's some mine's there" or something.

scogoth

You can't? Haven't really tried it in BF3 to be honest but you could spot them in BC2. There would be no visual warning which sucks but there would be VO saying something "hoah! Stop! There's some mine's there" or something.

It would show up on the mini map in BC2.

Hank The Tank

Neo Member
The problem is getting those points, though. Waste a grenade? Or you have to be a sniper to do it. You can't pistol/primary shoot them like you could in BC2.
If you play as engineer you can pick up enemy mines. As support you can restock grenades and as sniper apparently shoot them. So that means that only assault have trouble destroying enemy mines? :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
If you play as engineer you can pick up enemy mines. As support you can restock grenades and as sniper apparently shoot them. So that means that only assault have trouble destroying enemy mines? :p

I dunno about the Enigneer, but good fucking luck being able to stop/scope in with the rifle and shoot them. Or restock grenades (which is SLOW) to take out the ones that are spaced too far apart from the chain reaction of the explosions of previous ones.

I agree that they're small to see, but that's the point: You need to be scanning the ground in addition to enemies on the line while in a tank or vehicle. But at the same time if they're this small they need to be easier to take care of instead of running over them as an engineer to pick them up.

MNC

Ha!
Was able to turn the entire Hud off (even flags and teammate name tags)
I'm even able to mess with how the ANT animation system works. Soooo many commands to tweak!

*Disclaimer - Graphics in this photo havent been changed from default
iblm9gnk33LIOE.png

Chat window command, NOW.

demolitio

I was a little bummed to see that MG fire doesn't take out mines meaning a tank could be held up for a long time just trying to clear the road using the main cannon. Since you can't spot them.

If they would have listened to my specialization or equipment, I'd be happy. A tank could equip a mine-clearing charge similar to what we used in Iraq early on for certain vehicles where it fires the charge and detonates the entire minefield from a safe distance. Obviously it'd have a very long recharge time and take up another specialization slot you could have used but it'd make attacking a little easier. The other option would be to have the engineer have the equipment to fire and clear the road as well. It'd save vehicles a lot of time but require sacrifices as well still.

Without the hud that lens flare crap is perhaps even more noticeable, at least in that screenshot.

All the talk of mines this morning has given me a craving. I'm going to find a 1000 ticket Bazaar server now and blow some dudes up as they drive by :D

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Here it is: Buy.the.console.version(ON)=1

I wish consoles had text chat so I could be bitching about lack of teamwork in it while it takes up a huge amount of space like you guys have. So lucky. *sigh*

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
One of my teammates tried to fly a helicopter through the tunnels in Dharmavand Peak with me and another teammate onboard. He crashed and killed us all.

I said, "Dumbass, this isn't Mission Impossible."

NHale

you're right about being able to plant six at a time and them disappearing when you plant more.

the thing is, when you die and respawn, you can plant more mines, and the ones you planted in a previous life don't disappear, only the ones you're currently planting, so you can plant six more. rinse, repeat.

I can't believe they allowed that. It's just stupid and an open invitation to exploit. So many dumb decisions by DICE...

One of my teammates tried to fly a helicopter through the tunnels in Dharmavand Peak with me and another teammate onboard. He crashed and killed us all.

I said, "Dumbass, this isn't Mission Impossible."

I've actually seen someone who piloted a copter inside the tunnel quite well. Made me wtf when I saw it.

Ha!
I'm even able to mess with how the ANT animation system works. Soooo many commands to tweak!

iblm9gnk33LIOE.png

how are you achieving this?

I'll assume you can somehow optimize the game further by lowering at least some graphical settings below their lowest in game level?

Get in mumble bro. :D

iam220

Patch Thoughts: SCAR is still good, it's just no longer top-tier. I like how this game doesn't automatically put you in a squad anymore, finding it easier to play as a team with those that actively join a squad.

Other than that, this patch does little to fix the class balance issues in this game, at this point I'd say just revert the SCAR to where it was and give the assault class both the grenade launcher and health kit at the same time.

Today's chopper bullshit: 1) Amazing game (something like 23 - 3 as pilot and my gunner was a lot more) on Firestorm cut short due to some miserable bastard kicking me (I shot down a jet who was dogging me for ages, so it must have been him). 2) Firing a TV missile and somehow crashing into it a split second later, instantly killing myself and my pilot.

Patch did wonders for load times for me, good stuff, but damn choppers really are raping hardcore now. Just the little birds strafing with the increased damage is cutting down infantry like I never saw before.

Patch did wonders for load times for me, good stuff, but damn choppers really are raping hardcore now. Just the little birds strafing with the increased damage is cutting down infantry like I never saw before.
Air support should be a huge threat to infantry, I think.

I'm gonna go on Caspian now and see what I can do in a chopper :)

Choppers were always good though, it was the Jets that sucked at the job. Choppers didn't need a buff.
They weren't bad, but when I'm on the ground unless I'm in a tank I don't really worry about the air support. If the missiles did more splash damage on the ground etc I think it would make battles more intense.

I am seriously baffled that Dice has no option to disable pad rumble. As it stands now I have three choices: keep pad plugged in an hear GRHRHRHRHRHRHRHRHR every time I shoot my gun, unplug it and plug it in only when I get in an air vehicle or not plug it in at all and avoid air vehicles.

It's absolutely amateur design. This game is plagued by stupid things like that which are small issues but really hurt the experience.

spicy cho

They trolled me so hard with this patch it's unbelievable. Grinding coop for the g3 was boring as hell, and when I finally got it I loved it. Now it sucks... what a waste of time.

They weren't bad, but when I'm on the ground unless I'm in a tank I don't really worry about the air support. If the missiles did more splash damage on the ground etc I think it would make battles more intense.

I am seriously baffled that Dice has no option to disable pad rumble. As it stands now I have three choices: keep pad plugged in an hear GRHRHRHRHRHRHRHRHR every time I shoot my gun, unplug it and plug it in only when I get in an air vehicle or not plug it in at all and avoid air vehicles.

It's absolutely amateur design. This game is plagued by stupid things like that which are small issues but really hurt the experience.

I'm in a similar conundrum, except for me BF3 doesn't recognise the controller unless it was plugged in when I start the game. Fuck's sake, the're amateur.

mr_nothin

Banned
how are you achieving this?

I'll assume you can somehow optimize the game further by lowering at least some graphical settings below their lowest in game level?

Get in mumble bro. :D

Why yes you can! :) You can go lower than "Low" and higher than "Ultra"
Still searching for command to disable chat window.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Ha!

iblm9gnk33LIOE.png
Hahaha, Dennis4k's pants just got tighter.

Why yes you can! :) You can go lower than "Low" and higher than "Ultra"
Still searching for command to disable chat window.

I would like to see how low we can go with what commands and still be able to play on ranked servers. come into mumble (main GAF mumble, not BF3 mumble) or chat with me on battlelog whenever you get the chance.

Smokey

Am I doing something wrong with my search filters? I checked NA, Rush and there are literally tens of empty servers. I click the players button to put most populated servers up top and only one that shows up is a game with 2/6 players.

wat? It's even worse when searching for Conquest. Tell me this isn't right?

Spl1nter

Am I doing something wrong with my search filters? I checked NA, Rush and there are literally tens of empty servers. I click the players button to put most populated servers up top and only one that shows up is a game with 2/6 players.

There is probably an issue with EA backend right now.

mr_nothin

Banned
I would like to see how low we can go with what commands and still be able to play on ranked servers. come into mumble (main GAF mumble, not BF3 mumble) or chat with me on battlelog whenever you get the chance.
You can go as far as disabling all shadows altogether. I can hop on battlelog in a bit

Are they server variables or client variables?
Both, I see a few server variables that can force client variables.

iam220

There are indeed plenty of empty servers (as with any game) but the sort function is dumb because it only works on local data! Meaning that battlelog to save time pulls only a handful of servers to display to you and when you sort it only sorts on those servers. What you need to do is scroll down to the bottom so that it forces battelog to pull in more servers, keep scrolling until it does it a couple of times and THAN do a sort.

An alternative is to use the "free slots" filter

Smokey

There are indeed plenty of empty servers (as with any game) but the sort function is dumb because it only works on local data! Meaning that battlelog to save time pulls only a handful of servers to display to you and when you sort it only sorts on those servers. What you need to do is scroll down tot he bottom so that it forces battelog to pull in more servers, keep scrolling until it does it a couple of times and THAN do a sort.

An alternative is to use the "free slots" filter

Oh wow, thanks for the heads up.,

I can't wait for them to nerf the INRV. As a matter of fact, nerf rockets bs infantry while you're at it.

I'm really falling out of love with this game quickly. At this point, I'd say BC2 was the better of the two.

I can't wait for them to nerf the INRV. As a matter of fact, nerf rockets bs infantry while you're at it.

I'm really falling out of love with this game quickly. At this point, I'd say BC2 was the better of the two.

Crazy talk. I'll take BF3 rocket spam over BC2 CG spam any day of the mother fucking week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom