• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
I humbly diagree. Personally, I find BC2's gameplay to be a lot more fun. Both Rush and Conquest were great on any map in BC2, and here it's a mixed bag depending on the mode and map.

There's still hope . . . After a couple patches and new maps, I'll probably change my mind. Thing is, BC2 is pretty much all I played last year . . . About 1500 hours total. I'm at 130 hours in BF3, and I feel like I'm ready to put it down until the next map pack comes out. BC2 had it's "teething problems," and I'm pretty sure it's the same case here.

My worry is that if they nerf IR, the Spec Ops camo is going to be even better and almost invisible. Hopefully the IR nerf is basially just a nerf to it's max effective range, and more shit hindering it. Fire and explosions should really be giving off a heat signature that obscures it's vision, but outside of vehile fires, fires on levels and other areas simply is green in the scope for some reason.

But BC2 didn't have your team being funneled through narrow corridors on 1/3 of the maps. Plus you had less rockets even with the perk. After the first rocket patch it wasn't this bad.

Which maps? The tunnels in Damavand and Metro? The one CQ point in Bazaar?

Damavand CQ is just bad map design and Metro CQ is the same. Rush variants really aren't that bad, either.

I'd like a bit less infantry splash damage for RPG's, but it's only an issue in certain sections of certain maps.

Which maps? The tunnels in Damavand and Metro? The one CQ point in Bazaar?

Damavand CQ is just bad map design and Metro CQ is the same. Rush variants really aren't that bad, either.

I'd like a bit less infantry splash damage for RPG's, but it's only an issue in certain sections of certain maps.

Yea missile spam is really an issue only in those few select shitty maps. You don't get it on the larger more open maps.

I humbly diagree. Personally, I find BC2's gameplay to be a lot more fun. Both Rush and Conquest were great on any map in BC2, and here it's a mixed bag depending on the mode and map.

There's still hope . . . After a couple patches and new maps, I'll probably change my mind. Thing is, BC2 is pretty much all I played last year . . . About 1500 hours total. I'm at 130 hours in BF3, and I feel like I'm ready to put it down until the next map pack comes out. BC2 had it's "teething problems," and I'm pretty sure it's the same case here.

Fair enough. I would argue that most CQ maps in BC2 were dogshit.

Only good ones I can think of are Laguna Alta, and Harvest Day and OASIS, and those were late-release DLC. Atacama was decent, but all in a straight line, and I actually really enjoyed Heavy Metal, mainly due to the scale, but it wasn't a particularly "good" CQ map. Panama Canal and Laguna Presa could be fun.

All the others were crap. Crap crap crap crap crap.

I think BC2 had, overall, better Rush maps, and BF3's CQ maps kick the shit out of BC2's. BF3's Rush maps really aren't that bad, though I haven't played a whole lot of Rush lately.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay. I take it back, apparently you can get the M9/MP-443 on the other team... but it requires 100 kills or something like that. I just unlocked the M9 for RU. >_>

True, the good maps in BF3 are great. Kharg, Caspian, Firestorm and to a lesser extent Canals are all excellent. The rest are just pretty bleh. I think the big reason is that, like a prior poster said, they funnel you in a certain direction. It doesn't feel like Battlefield on those maps. You could make a case that some of the BC2 maps were linear, but at least there were many paths to take. In this, it's too many cases of corridors and hallways.

Hell, it took them a while to find their groove with BC2, I really hope it's the same case with this.

TheSeks

Those of you that play Metro Rush and have it: Try the MAV if no one is going recon/no imbalance for doing it. Use the MAV in the tunnels and everywhere, trust me, you may bounce around like a blind bat at times due to the tunnels and walls not showing up on IRNV but it's useful. :D

I just had a James Bond moment on Caspian. Was flying around in a heli and was being utterly destroyed so I bailed out and started sailing back to Earth. I was trying to see which was the best cap point to go to when I notice a tank on the ground. I'm pretty high up and it's taking a while to reach the ground so when I'm still about 200ft in the air I switch to my RPG. In this time the enemy tank must have been taking fire because I randomly shoot in his general direction and BOOOOOOOM. Tank destroyed. 2 kills. From the fucking air.

I floated down to Earth feeling like a God amongst men. Because I fucking am.

Hellcrow

Those of you that play Metro Rush and have it: Try the MAV if no one is going recon/no imbalance for doing it. Use the MAV in the tunnels and everywhere, trust me, you may bounce around like a blind bat at times due to the tunnels and walls not showing up on IRNV but it's useful. :D

Just unlocked the MAV and trying it around. I get a lot of surveillance ribbons, but killing people with it is hard! Starting to get a hang of it though.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I just had a James Bond moment on Caspian. Was flying around in a heli and was being utterly destroyed so I bailed out and started sailing back to Earth. I was trying to see which was the best cap point to go to when I notice a tank on the ground. I'm pretty high up and it's taking a while to reach the ground so when I'm still about 200ft in the air I switch to my RPG. In this time the enemy tank must have been taking fire because I randomly shoot in his general direction and BOOOOOOOM. Tank destroyed. 2 kills. From the fucking air.

I floated down to Earth feeling like a God amongst men. Because I fucking am.

I've shot people from the air and sailed to the ground to take capture points before, shit is fucking rad. Some real James Bond shit, not rocket! :p

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
The craziest explosion moment I've had so far was basically where I was in a jet pre-IR flares and someone had a lock on me, so I headed for the grounded to get close to a capture point on Caspian. Unfortunately I was heading right at tanks at the gas station and I bailed, and out of nowhere an enemy chopper flew in the way. I basically threw my fucking jet into a chopper, John McClane style. I woulda landed and laid down mines for the tanks too if the double explosion didn't suicide my ass.

TheSeks

Just unlocked the MAV and trying it around. I get a lot of surveillance ribbons, but killing people with it is hard! Starting to get a hang of it though.

I'm not talking killing with it on that map. :x :3

wth stingers are completely useless.

Unless you work on a team... yes. It's bullshit that the jets and helli's get unlimited flares. I think if they get unlimited flares, then I should get unlimited rockets. Or only give them unlimited flares if there is a support guy in there with them flying.

No they're not. People just gotta be patient and smart. Just keep locked on, they'll drop the flares eventually then you shoot. If stingers got buffed imagine the chaos it would be, remember you're rarely are the only one aiming at an helicopter.

The lock on drops if they drop flares and you have to wait for it to re-lock while they are waiting to reload the flares. It's a never ending battle. Don't buff the stinger, just limit the flares on the aircraft. That way they only get so many get out of jail free cards.

Unless you work on a team... yes. It's bullshit that the jets and helli's get unlimited flares. I think if they get unlimited flares, then I should get unlimited rockets. Or only give them unlimited flares if there is a support guy in there with them flying.

What about jets?

The lock on drops if they drop flares and you have to wait for it to re-lock while they are waiting to reload the flares. It's a never ending battle. Don't buff the stinger, just limit the flares on the aircraft. That way they only get so many get out of jail free cards.
There is MORE then enough time to relock before flares are available again.

What about jets?

There is MORE then enough time to relock before flares are available again.

Support class is prevented from flying jets? I've done it personally to see. This is one thing that aggravates me about the game. I lock on, stay locked on and get them to drop flares.... then my lock goes away. While relocking on them they are flying around trying to get away from me and out of my distance then I finally lock back on and fire but before it gets to them they fire off flares again killing my rocket.

Oh, then I get shot by some random dude because I'm staring up in the sky for 5 minutes straight. They work great but as I said, only when you're working with someone else. It's bullshit to give them unlimited flares.

Support class is prevented from flying jets? I've done it personally to see.
Support are prevented from having stingers so I don't see the relation. You said have a support next to you, which you can't in jets.

This is one thing that aggravates me about the game. I lock on, stay locked on and get them to drop flares.... then my lock goes away. While relocking on them they are flying around trying to get away from me and out of my distance then I finally lock back on and fire but before it gets to them they fire off flares again killing my rocket.

Oh, then I get shot by some random dude because I'm staring up in the sky for 5 minutes straight. They work great but as I said, only when you're working with someone else. It's bullshit to give them unlimited flares.

You either a) suck, or b) were too far away in which case I think it's fair for the heli/jet to get away, the time the missile takes to hit is long enough for the flares to restock. I gotten tons of disables by simply waiting for them to drop the flares first.

Support are prevented from having stingers so I don't see the relation. You said have a support next to you, which you can't in jets.

You either a) suck, or b) were too far away in which case I think it's fair for the heli/jet to get away, the time the missile takes to hit is long enough for the flares to restock. I gotten tons of disables by simply waiting for them to drop the flares first.

No, I said a jet or helli should only have unlimited flares if a support class is in there. I can have unlimited rockets if I have a support class with me so the same should apply to air units. All I'm asking is to limit the flares and not make them unlimited.

That's great that it works so well for you. You either a) play with noobs b) work on a team that helps you out.

No, I said a jet or helli should only have unlimited flares if a support class is in there.
You said in there with "them" which gave another impression.

I can have unlimited rockets if I have a support class with me so the same should apply to air units. All I'm asking is to limit the flares and not make them unlimited..
Exactly you can have them if you have someone else with you, while you can be another class. That can't happen in jets.

And btw, that would make helis and jets completely usless. Flares regened in BF2 as well and it wasn't a problem. I don't think you have any idea how frequently you get locked when you are in a a jet, an heli is even worst.

That's great that it works so well for you. You either a) play with noobs b) work on a team that helps you out.

a) noob or pro won't change the restock timers
b) i can do it alone

This was what happened the 2 times i encountered an heli. Recorded just 5 minutes ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSCx5wH1haI

Both missiles hit and I had no problems relocking after the flares.

mcp

Neo Member
For those with rumble issues with the 360 pad (sorry if old). I posted on the bf3 subreddit and got this helpful reply courtesy of SirBuckeye:

1.My Documents > Battlefield 3 > Settings > PROF_SAVE_profile
2.Edit with Notepad++
3.Find GstInput.Vibration 1
4.Change the 1 to 0. Save. Fin.

Looks like it will do the trick.

I only see "kill assists" hitting them with Stingers would disable them, wouldn't it?

This was recorded just now, they got nerfed and you no longer get a disable with just 1 hit. I didn't even get a kill assist on the first one for some reason. They must have bailed out.

I love this game so much and all, but it DOES feel broken to me.

Cheap shit that people have worked out to do to kill people ruining the game. Like the abuse of unlimited mines... wtf is with Mines not disappearing when you respawn? That's crazy... WHY? I just don't understand why they would make that decision. Doesn't it make sense that once you die your mines go bye bye? ESPECIALLY considering you can't destroy mines by shooting them with bullets and it has to be explosives... WTF is this shit.

The thing that makes me realise mostly there is a problem? When I play engineer I can top score almost every map - without being cheap, and without mines (I love my repair tool too damn much), but whenever I go to any of the other classes, I'm always in the bottom half of the scores no matter what... granted I haven't given much time to those classes and I'm still on the starting weapons and gear (which is probably my problem because everyone else is all levelled up now and I'm just a noob with no toob). But the biggest problem I have is when I'm not engineer I can't take out vehicles - as assault and recon anyway, and I find that really frustrating. But, I haven't unlocked the M320 yet, suppose I should get on that, and Recon I can understand totally as well.

One major factor that frustrates me is that I've always been a major vehicle player in the past, I love vehicles and mastering them is awesome, but in a 64 player map with the amount that people have unlocked and the power of the weapons people are using now, there is no point getting in a vehicle any more because it's just chaos and vehicles are just weapon sponges.

I also played in a server with no 3D spotting the other day and it is SO MUCH BETTER, 3D spotting is the most broken arse shit that I've ever known. If you shoot at someone in any of the big wide open maps, most likely someone is going to see your bullet streaks and look for where they came from, find you, spot you, light you up like a christmas tree, and blamo, you're dead soon after.

It's crazy to be complaining about the game so much, because I love it and I never want to play anything else, but most of the time I end up rage quitting or something because of some BS where I get on a 12 death streak which is just mcfucked.

I don't know if it's lag, but sometimes it feels like I might see a guy and then be dead before he's even got a shot off, or before I've even got a shot off, it's like he shot one bullet and I'm dead and there's no way he could know to shoot me that fast, it's just not humanly possible, and having 100% health and just dying instantly like that.... it feels like cheating, but I don't know if I belive that or not...

One thing that is awesome however is using the Sniper Rifles with the 4x scopes, no scope sway, no glint, yes you can't see as far, but for a mobile sniper it is so damn good.

64 player servers are fun, but they are not for me it's just too much chaos, maybe Operation Firestorm works on 64 players, but Grand Bazaar? Uh uh.

People who said that proximity scanner doesn't work on Mines - I believe it does, but you can only see them on the Map. However, it definitely should work on them I believe, it's crap that it doesn't.

Here is a list of things that I would like changed:
- I think that Jets should be equipped with flares by default.
- I think that engineers should choose between Mines and Rocket Launcher, they should not have both mines and rockets, they become way too powerful
- Recon should have the ability to carry shotguns and PDW's instead of pistols
- A single head shot from any weapon should be lethal, too many times do I feel like I've shot someone in the face while they're lying down prone only for it not to register as a headshot for some reason maybe it's just me
- I think Kill Assists should be counted, and there should be some sort of medal / tally to see how many you get, I must be the assist king I swear (one game I scored second and I had 2 kills and 17 deaths while playing engineer because nearly everyone single kill I got - well except for two I think) were stolen from me... gah!)

I think I've done enough ranting for today, I just found a server I want to be in so, back to play BF3 lol.

I think that mines, as well as claymores and other gadgets should absolutely stay there after you respawn, but they should also disappear as soon as you try to place some more after you respawn.

Here is a list of things that I would like changed:
- I think that Jets should be equipped with flares by default.
+1

- I think that engineers should choose between Mines and Rocket Launcher, they should not have both mines and rockets, they become way too powerful
+1

- Recon should have the ability to carry shotguns and PDW's instead of pistols
You mean sniper plus shotgun? No way. Plus pistols are pretty deadly imo.

- A single head shot from any weapon should be lethal, too many times do I feel like I've shot someone in the face while they're lying down prone only for it not to register as a headshot for some reason maybe it's just me
Disagree, many weapons have insane fire rates that a headshot is just bound to happen by spraying. Dying would be just a whole lot easier.

- I think Kill Assists should be counted, and there should be some sort of medal / tally to see how many you get, I must be the assist king I swear (one game I scored second and I had 2 kills and 17 deaths while playing engineer because nearly everyone single kill I got - well except for two I think) were stolen from me... gah!)
They do count towards your score and levelling up. They're also in the battlelog stats although not individually for each weapon.

I think I've done enough ranting for today, I just found a server I want to be in so, back to play BF3 lol.

Does anyone else get this wonky hit detection for defibs?

There's been several times where I spammed defib on a revivable body and it just wouldn't register even if I'm already crawling.

There's been several times where I spammed defib on a revivable body and it just wouldn't register even if I'm already crawling.

Yeah, I get that some times, I always try to crouch and aim for the chest. Seems to work best that way.

Stantron

So I recently bought a dongle for my 360 wireless controller to work with my PC. All buttons and analog sticks work fine in windows. I've been able to set buttons for reload, prone, etc, which work fine. But key bindings for walking and looking (on foot) don't seem to work. I don't even see the description in the bindings menu. I plan on sticking with mouse and keyboard, but I still kind of wanted to test out how it feels with a controller. I haven't tried messing with vehicle key bindings yet. Am I missing something here?
edit: dpad can be binded but analogs can't. :/

Woo-Fu

Banned

I've found that I have to start the defib before the paddles are even close to touching them. It is when I run, prone and slide into them and then hit the paddles that they never work. They could definitely increase the working range for them.

mr_nothin

Banned
Mr. Nothin, tell me you've found out how to hide the chat box.
Just went through and I dont see anything that's specific for chatbox enable/disable.
:/ Will keep searching though. About to try and dig deeper

EDIT:
Might have found a way to disable colorcorrection though! Seems more likely that I'll be able to adjust though. Crosssing fingers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom