• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought this and bought MW3 at launch.

To preface I don't get to play a ton. Here are my hours played;

BF3: 1 day 4 hours

MW3: 3 hours

Needless to say, I love this game. Did the last patch nerf the scar? Seems like I escape them pesky engies a little more now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
BC2's grind was significantly worse than BF3's, since most of the important upgrades are done per gun and it really isn't that difficult to unlock them.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

BC2: Class kit/unlocks = spam kit items done in 2-5 hours.

BF3: Class kit/unlocks = spam them and don't get very many points (sup, recon?), KILL! FASTER PUSSYCAT! KILL KILL KILL! = done in 80 hours.

Also the unlocks being per-gun like CoD is one of the worst design decisions I've run across. At least it isn't "sacrifice a perk/box" for it, but still.

Also Vehicle unlocks didn't take FOREVER to unlock in BC2 either. Have you really played BC2? Because that wasn't a chore to unlock shit in.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

BF3: Class kit/unlocks = spam them and don't get very many points (sup, recon?), KILL! FASTER PUSSYCAT! KILL KILL KILL! = done in 80 hours.

Also the unlocks being per-gun like CoD is one of the worst design decisions I've run across. At least it isn't "sacrifice a perk/box" for it, but still.

Also Vehicle unlocks didn't take FOREVER to unlock in BC2 either. Have you really played BC2? Because that wasn't a chore to unlock shit in.

The problem here is you spamming/grinding to unlock. Just play the damn game. It felt faster for me in BF3 as well that way.

So you can't level up faster just by spamming, that sounds like a plus to me.

Why does nobody ever use the Spawn Beacons I set up? I leave them in secluded corners near the flags, especially when the flag is not in our control. But I'm lucky if one person uses them per game. Wonder if its a consequence of having to parachute in when the beacon is outside.

Why does nobody ever use the Spawn Beacons I set up? I leave them in secluded corners near the flags, especially when the flag is not in our control. But I'm lucky if one person uses them per game. Wonder if its a consequence of having to parachute in when the beacon is outside.

I hate having to parachute in if it's left outside, and inside I'm always scared an enemy will be camping by it and get an instant kill.

I never use them for those two reasons.

Khal_B

Disconnected from EA online.

What is this shit? Stupid patch is ruining the game for me. It's happening to my friends as well.

Zeppelin

Yeah, the parachuting really sucks. Why is that anyway?

scogoth

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No.

Remarkable I just finished getting all assault weapon attachments and it took me......*looks at battlelog*....... 80 hours.

big_z

Hey whats your specs? I'm trying to decide if my pc can play this =\

e8400, 9800gtx 4GB ram win7-x86

everything on low except for textures on medium and af at 4x at 1280x960 and it runs well enough to play. according to the built in frame rate counter i average in the 40fps only dipping to the mid 20's if something massive is going on top of me like a helicopter shredding things up.

i might try the latest drivers to see what happens, i have a feeling the old drivers im using now is whats helping the game run smoother.

what specs did you have? im surprised they refunded your copy since it says they dont do origin refunds.

play with GAF?

how do i play with gaf? i searched for neogaf and found an empty euro server and one 24/7 caspian server with 0/4 players wtf?

Rapstah

Maybe it's the servers I've been joining, but I haven't been able to use even my own spawn beacons since the patch. I noticed most servers were assigning me to no squad by default, so I can't complain about no one else using them.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Battelog is kind of worthless when I still have to have a friend request sent out to gaffers to join their games on 360. We're in the same clan, come on!

TheSeks

how do i play with gaf? i searched for neogaf and found an empty euro server and one 24/7 caspian server with 0/4 players wtf?

Add them to your friendslist or whatever the PC analog is. Then join them on whatever server they're on.

From what I've heard, I'm going to warn you: PC-GAF is just as bad as PS3-GAF right now. AKA: They want to play an easy mode class (AKA: Engineer) 24/7 in Easy mode gametype (AKA: Conquest) instead of switching classes as needed with a higher skill ceiling (AKA: Rush or hell TDM).

SpeedingUptoStop

They really need to rank servers in order of how much time is left / whether you're about to join a lopsided losing team.

scogoth

Add them to your friendslist or whatever the PC analog is. Then join them on whatever server they're on.

From what I've heard, I'm going to warn you:PC-GAF is just as bad as PS3-GAF right now. AKA: They want to play an easy mode class (AKA: Engineer) 24/7 in Easy mode gametype (AKA: Conquest) instead of switching classes as needed with a higher skill ceiling (AKA: Rush or hell TDM).

Lol you funny seks. Come join us on the real BF3 game, 64 CQ where teamplay actually matters.

Binabik15

Unlocking frag rounds forthe DAO:fun. Using them? Not so much. I had weird lag and freezing problems today, sucks. Somehow online performance and connecting is worse for me since the patch.

Got tired of getting killed for using the shottie against rifles and switched to the M249. Still <3 that thing. Such a beast. I really like the bipod and 3.4 sight with it (okay, I just unlocked the foregrip, haven't used the gun much since the beta), but it sucks when you want to sight and instead deploy the bipod on an object or piece of rubbel and suddenly can only shoot the sky. When it works it's a fucking laser. I only need extended mags, reloading cost me too many (multi) kills today. Spraying down a group > everything else.

I wasn't a fan of the foregrip, but running and gunning would come in handy. I'll practice.

I really wanted the shotgub dogtag, but I think I'll stick with lmgs.

PS: IF rush works, it's my favourite mode. The maps aren't as good as BC2 maps, from what I've played and servers are kinda empty compared to CQ or even TDM, so I play that. I'd really want more rush, though.

SpeedingUptoStop

Dude on Capsian Conquest Hilltop hunted me down, shot me down in the river like a damn dirty dog.

He heads back to take the capture point.

I spawn behind him. Take the knife out. Snatch the soul up out his chest.

BAWSS

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
The problem here is you spamming/grinding to unlock. Just play the damn game. It felt faster for me in BF3 as well that way.

So you can't level up faster just by spamming, that sounds like a plus to me.
Yeah, pretty much this. I had nothing but the IR smoke unlocked for the AA tank, but yesterday I hopped into one and made like 3k points solo taking down infantry, copters, and capping points. I now have the AA missiles and the autoloader. Just play the game. Sure, I'm playing specific classes to service star certain guns, but if my team NEEDS an engie or counter mortaring supports, or smoke throwing assaults, then I switch to where I'm needed and fight through it.

Unlocking frag rounds forthe DAO:fun. Using them? Not so much. I had weird lag and freezing problems today, sucks. Somehow online performance and connecting is worse for me since the patch.

Got tired of getting killed for using the shottie against rifles and switched to the M249. Still <3 that thing. Such a beast. I really like the bipod and 3.4 sight with it (okay, I just unlocked the foregrip, haven't used the gun much since the beta), but it sucks when you want to sight and instead deploy the bipod on an object or piece of rubbel and suddenly can only shoot the sky. When it works it's a fucking laser. I only need extended mags, reloading cost me too many (multi) kills today. Spraying down a group > everything else.

I wasn't a fan of the foregrip, but running and gunning would come in handy. I'll practice.

I really wanted the shotgub dogtag, but I think I'll stick with lmgs.

PS: IF rush works, it's my favourite mode. The maps aren't as good as BC2 maps, from what I've played and servers are kinda empty compared to CQ or even TDM, so I play that. I'd really want more rush, though.
Rush is definitely my favorite mode when my team can clean up their act and at least make a good game out of it. I don't really mind losing if it means we put up a damned good fight to at least the 3rd objective set.

As for the M249, I much prefer it with the foregrip. The increased mobility makes the lower damage of the round more manageable. Sure, it's a laser gun on a bipod, but it still doesn't give the same kind of power as the M240Bravo or the M60E4. The M60 is a much better bipod gun. I've outsniped snipers with it. 199m on Damivad Peak. I just lined up the shot and gave it a little squeeze.

I can't believe they actually powered up the AA gun against infantry now.

I have my AA gun set up as an anti infantry weapon since before the patch, and yesterday was the first time that I got to use it.

I went 33 - 5 on Operation Firestorm with 32 Players on a 600 Ticket Match.

Now that's not the hugest total, but I was MVP2 and there was only three people in the game with over 10 kills, it's the way the map goes.

I'm certain the other teams high scorer would have been the AA gun as well.

I have the AA gun set with proximity scanner, Thermal Optics and heat seekers (for the odd case that i need to shoot down aircraft). But the Prox and Thermal's is just so devastatingly strong.

I survey an area from a fair way away with the Thermals to see if there is anyone hiding around and blast them from far away, and no longer does it take like a sustained fire of 2 seconds to kill an infantry any more, it literally takes only two or three bullets (depending on range).

I had a period of time where I swear there were at least 5 guys who were spawning engineer and it was their soul purpose to whack me and they couldn't do it, I could just see them coming, and if I didn't because I was looking the other way, I noticed them on my map, turn and spray and as soon as they pop out, splat.

It became boring, that after dying twice I stopped using it. I think I could have easily MVP'd the round and probably gone 60-4 if I had have stuck to it, but it was boring to dominate so easily.

I seriously can't believe they made it MORE powerful against soldiers... I mean... WTF!

You even have the bonus of when your fighting against infantry of down time when often the other team's guys in the air get cocky because there is no one shooting at them with an AA and start to fly in down low and if you're in around the buildings they come in really close and the AA absolutely RIPS through them really quickly at that sort of range, before they even have a chance to eject, double kills all round on heli's.

The AA is a problem more than anything IMO.

It's not present in Conquest Small is it?

I can't believe they actually powered up the AA gun against infantry now.

I have my AA gun set up as an anti infantry weapon since before the patch, and yesterday was the first time that I got to use it.

I went 33 - 5 on Operation Firestorm with 32 Players on a 600 Ticket Match.

Now that's not the hugest total, but I was MVP2 and there was only three people in the game with over 10 kills, it's the way the map goes.

I'm certain the other teams high scorer would have been the AA gun as well.

I have the AA gun set with proximity scanner, Thermal Optics and heat seekers (for the odd case that i need to shoot down aircraft). But the Prox and Thermal's is just so devastatingly strong.

I survey an area from a fair way away with the Thermals to see if there is anyone hiding around and blast them from far away, and no longer does it take like a sustained fire of 2 seconds to kill an infantry any more, it literally takes only two or three bullets (depending on range).

I had a period of time where I swear there were at least 5 guys who were spawning engineer and it was their soul purpose to whack me and they couldn't do it, I could just see them coming, and if I didn't because I was looking the other way, I noticed them on my map, turn and spray and as soon as they pop out, splat.

It became boring, that after dying twice I stopped using it. I think I could have easily MVP'd the round and probably gone 60-4 if I had have stuck to it, but it was boring to dominate so easily.

I seriously can't believe they made it MORE powerful against soldiers... I mean... WTF!

You even have the bonus of when your fighting against infantry of down time when often the other team's guys in the air get cocky because there is no one shooting at them with an AA and start to fly in down low and if you're in around the buildings they come in really close and the AA absolutely RIPS through them really quickly at that sort of range, before they even have a chance to eject, double kills all round on heli's.

The AA is a problem more than anything IMO.

It's not present in Conquest Small is it?

I think when they buffed jet/heli bullets it affected the AA bullets. It's ridiculous. Stationary AA is affected too, I sat in the US Canals one for a match yesterday and went 17-0 on a 300 ticket match (not the greatest I know, but they were getting 5 capped anyway so not THAT many targets =P) and the thing basically two shots infantry. It's pretty lulz worthy.

Unrelated to that, I played in a jet on a hardcore server for once. It's actually pretty exhilarating being locked into the cockpit for jet battles and maneuvers. That awesome feeling was offset though by not being able to see shit on the ground to rocket without 3D spotting =(, every time I came around for a pass I had to lean in at my monitor and squint real hard, maybe I'd see a tank!

Easy mode gametype (AKA: Conquest) instead of switching classes as needed with a higher skill ceiling (AKA: Rush or hell TDM).

boo-google-boo.gif

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
No, absolutely not. I've serviced star (basically means I've unlocked all the weapons/gadgets, but not the attachments for said weapons) for every class. I've unlocked the upgrades for 4 out of the 6 vehicles. I'm nearly 90 hours into this game and I'll tell you this: Unlocking this shit wasn't fun. At all. BF3's unlock system is a grind that even BC2 couldn't even compare to. If you really despise the grind, save your time and skip this game, please.

The worst part is that DICE thinks we like this garbage. :[

From what I've heard, I'm going to warn you: PC-GAF is just as bad as PS3-GAF right now. AKA: They want to play an easy mode class (AKA: Engineer) 24/7 in Easy mode gametype (AKA: Conquest) instead of switching classes as needed with a higher skill ceiling (AKA: Rush or hell TDM).

You are so full of shit lately. Even when it's been repeatedly demonstrated you are fucking wrong, you stick to the same song and dance.

raphier

Banned
Sigh.

I give up.

I can't do it anymore. It's getting on my nerves.

Bought the game day 1. Have been able to barely play the game. Crashes every time. Sometimes I get to play an hour, sometimes not at all. After patch the crash is even more unbearable. I haven't played at all. I will try to contact EA and ask for a refund nicely. But I fear single-player works well and I've played it through. May affect resolution. Pity.

Next time I will think twice before buying a shooter.

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Rush is only better than Conquest in BC2 and that's because CQ is a complete throwaway mode in that game.

64 player CQ is the mode of BF3.

Soma

Damn 23min lol could just play the game.

He mentions in the description there's a timeline for each individual rifle so you can just skip around if you want. Overall though, there's not much a lot of people already know about (F2000 and AEK-971 are awesome, AN-94 sux, etc.) but it's a pretty good video for people starting out or uncertain with the class.

I wasn't aware of the M16 suppressor glitch till today though.

Drewsky

Is Bad Company dead? All I can think is I want BC3, because this is just not clicking with me. The most glaring problem is the PS3 input lag, which I'm hoping is fixed with a patch. But ignoring that, on the gameplay side I'm just not enjoying it as much as I did BC2.

TheSeks

PKP + Bipod = sniper rifle accuracy.

Otherwise: Shitsux. Too much recoil, kicks off the target even if you feather. Fuck it. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom