• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

Take it more seriously. Stop going for 22-14 rounds and consider 7-2 or 6-0 rounds instead.

$0.02

Well I just went 27-9 in a game, but this doesn't really answer my question.

Dying in a heartbeat isn't fun to me. I clearly don't remember this in BFBC2. The current damage model seems like its lifted from Modern Warfare to me.

Oh well, military shooter is military shooter I guess.

JoeMartin

PKP + Bipod = sniper rifle accuracy.

Otherwise: Shitsux. Too much recoil, kicks off the target even if you feather. Fuck it. :|

PKP is easily my favorite of the LMGs, and I've never once run it with a bipod. The high vertical climb/lower recoil return can be compensated for - generally I'll fire it in a very rapid, controlled 3-5 round burst that never gets terribly out of control - such that even if you do end up spraying, you're at least be able to correct for recoil where having no real control over spread leaves other guns with a less predictable spray pattern.

I pretty much IRNV/foregrip/suppressor everything. The only thing that really competes with PKP for rolling assault style is the M249, but even then I prefer the higher damage per round of the 7.62s.

The m60 on the other hand is basically DICE leaving a flaming mexican food shit on support's dooormat for the final unlock. That thing has literally no redeeming quality. I want to like it, really I do, but the terrible ROF, terrible spread and eternal reload time make it absolutely second class to every other support offering. The M240 has better generalized stats than the PKP, and pretty much the only thing keeping me from using it regularly is that the silencer doesn't work on it. But even then the spread pattern for how I generally fire is favorable to the PKP anyways so v0v.

Also the PKP with a silencer is the most goofily enormous gun in the game and looks hilarious when you're sprinting around with that behemoth.

Soma

Ah man I love the PKP Pecheneg.

My most used gun overall with currently 555 kills. Never once used the Bipod nor the IRNV for it though.

My main loadout for it is the 3.4 scope, Foregrip, and Laser Sight. Love that thing.

Also, the Fire From Above Co-Op mission is hilarious with two people who don't know how to fly. It is really good practice though.

Kak.efes

Frag rounds are imbalanced, and need to be tweaked, or removed from the game entirely. I'm more potent than a sniper at range with a USAS + IRNV. Today I went 47-9, 25-0, and 27-1 in a handful of games.

Well I just went 27-9 in a game, but this doesn't really answer my question.

Dying in a heartbeat isn't fun to me. I clearly don't remember this in BFBC2. The current damage model seems like its lifted from Modern Warfare to me.

Oh well, military shooter is military shooter I guess.

Well if you're enjoying 27-9 type success, I guess I'm lost as to why that wouldn't be fun. To each their own, I suppose.

for those who are curious, here's a pretty indepth guide to the Assault Rifles by this dude who's channel i follow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKi8kbgl4y4&feature=feedu

Why is he flying the Frogfoot on Operation Firestorm? Must be Rush, right? Or PC-version?

Edit: Wait a minute, you reload faster, when there are still bullets in the gun? MIND BLOWN!
I think he mixes stuff up, the AEK can't weigh 150kg. At most 15kg.

Rapstah

Oh man, when this game is good it's amazing. I just went 16-2 on Operation Firestorm, and like twelve of those kills were in the same life, running around the pump station control point. I run away from the point, bullets blazing around me, running for a helicopter of ours on the top of the nearest large building, slit someone's throat as I get onto the roof from the ladder, and then do the action movie-style leap of faith to reach the helicopter flying away in time to get in. So good.

EDIT: And that round also got me the Recon service star! I feel like healing now so my next goal will be the Assault one.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Mates ffs.... what the hell is going on? I've been able to play bf flawlessly since day 1, but I think that after this patch that came out recently my gpus are spiking and hitting the 99% ceiling all the time!

Anyone else gotten massively worse performance ?

I haven't messed with anything. The drivers are the same, ( latest nvidia beta )

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
PKP is easily my favorite of the LMGs, and I've never once run it with a bipod. The high vertical climb/lower recoil return can be compensated for - generally I'll fire it in a very rapid, controlled 3-5 round burst that never gets terribly out of control - such that even if you do end up spraying, you're at least be able to correct for recoil where having no real control over spread leaves other guns with a less predictable spray pattern.

I pretty much IRNV/foregrip/suppressor everything. The only thing that really competes with PKP for rolling assault style is the M249, but even then I prefer the higher damage per round of the 7.62s.

I'd rather use the RPK which isn't a Mexican Jumping Bean when you fire it. PKP really has no redeeming quality when you don't bipod it to fight the recoil other than its high damage.

scogoth

I still seem to get OHK'ed by sniper rifles non-headshots on occasion. Anyone else?

Well the M98B does 95 damage non headshot so it doesn't take much damage before it becomes OHK. How can you tell its not a headshot? the animations of the other player don't often accurately represent where they were aiming.

Zeppelin

Well the M98B does 95 damage non headshot so it doesn't take much damage before it becomes OHK. How can you tell its not a headshot? the animations of the other player don't often accurately represent where they were aiming.

It pops up on the screen. Plus you get the headshot distance bonus if it's far enough.

TheSeks

This isn't supposed to happen? I'm pretty certain I have, but I guess it's possible I've been slightly injured.

Only happens in close range, and it seems random to me. Maybe slightly damaged.

Hmm anyway to find a battle report?

I got 30-0 today with a silenced MK11 MOD 0 on crossing, gout 24 ribbons lol. Playing as a russian, whoring the archway to americas 2nd play. I kept running out of ammo or it might have been higher.

Can't find the battle report, it's not listed in my battle feed either. Guess it didn't generate or something?

hteng

Banned
anyone having issues with re-binding certain keys? i can't seem to change "throttle down", it's always stuck in S, i really hate unable to slow my jet down, this is a bug right? i already changed the key to something else yet it doesn't work.

Never. Are you really sure they haven't taken any damage prior to your shot?

Almost positive every time it happens. I think I have some footage of it happening to me, as well.

Could just be some latency thing where I get shot by someone else at the same time.

This isn't supposed to happen? I'm pretty certain I have, but I guess it's possible I've been slightly injured.

Nope. No sniper rifle is a OHK unless it's a headshot.

TheSeks

At first I was like: DAO-12 is pretty shitty, three shot shotgun? Shitsux.

But then: Buildings of Op Metro TDM going up stairs and downstairs in my nightgown. Crying through the hallways, crying through shouts. Are you dead in one-shot? Because this is a close-range semi-auto shotgun!

(Also it doesn't spam like the USAS so I don't want any Splinter-isms even if I prefer the pump action shotguns to these)

Just unlocked the mortar. It's so fun to pick off enemy mortars who do not move. Got about five kills against enemy mortars within the first few minutes of Rush Op Metro because they refused to move after shooting.

Like shooting a fish in a barrel.

Every time I play solo I am put on a team with the shittiest players. Wtf ?

law of probability probably - when you play alone, it puts you into currently active games that need spots filled. People leave teams that are losing bad, so you get a nice cascade effect, and are more likely to be dumped into a current, terrible game. I find when I queue as a squad, we get in brand new games - when I go solo, it's 80% of the time onto a losing team.

Rapstah

I had never heard the swearing as you ressurect people as Assault, but what the hell is up with that? Based on some of the quotes your character yells, they might be what's supposed to play when you hit enemies with the shock paddles. "Fry" and such. Turns out you can't hit enemies with the shock paddles.

It's just hilariously jarring when your character yells "Die, you motherfucker" to the guy he's just made sure didn't die. Not to mention to the corpse that is completely dead. "Fry! Burn, you fucking pig!"

Soma

I've never heard the swearing as you ressurect people as Assault, but what the hell is up with that? Based on some of the quotes your character yells, they might be what's supposed to play when you hit enemies with the shock paddles. "Fry" and such. Turns out you can't hit enemies with the shock paddles.

It's just hilariously jarring when your character yells "Die, you motherfucker" to the guy he's just made sure didn't die. Not to mention to the corpse that is completely dead. "Fry! Burn, you fucking pig!"

I love the Russian Assault/Medic when he revives.

"DIE YOU ASSHOLE ARRRRRGHHHHHHH"

so random

Helmholtz

I'd been playing by myself in multiplayer and it was always pretty fun, but man is this game good when you've got a buddy playing with you. My friend bought it during the black friday deal and it's a blast being in the same squad.

AndyD

aka andydumi
SOmeone mentioned the USAS and as I dont have it yet, I thought I would try out the DAO 12. Holy crap, its a monster also. In close quarters its automatic win. Its crazy on seine and bazaar and metro. Just shoot into the smoke and crowd on a metro stairwell and you get tons of supression, assist and kill points.

I'll post this safe with the knowledge that as the last post on this page it'll get very few viewers:

I'm starting to enjoy TDM when played with my friends. It's a nice change of pace, and can be a lot of fun.

JB1981

I'll post this safe with the knowledge that as the last post on this page it'll get very few viewers:

I'm starting to enjoy TDM when played with my friends. It's a nice change of pace, and can be a lot of fun.
I've been thinking about playing TDM for a change. Last time I played the map was one giant square with crates and enemies constantly spawned behind you. It was awful

TheSeks

I've been thinking about playing TDM for a change. Last time I played the map was one giant square with crates and enemies constantly spawned behind you. It was awful

All of them are kinda like that. But turn your mind off and just mow people down with the PDW or Shotguns. It becomes a fun "casual" mode.

Ugh, going back a gun without IRNV sucks. I hate using IRNV, but you put yourself at such a disadvantage when you don't.

Anyways, what's the consensus on the M249 (Support weapon)? Can seem to do jack shit with it, but maybe I just need to get used to it some more. I adore the RPK and M27, but I struggle with this gun. It has a huge magazine, but the reload time sucks. Maybe I should just skip it.

Ugh, going back a gun without IRNV sucks. I hate using IRNV, but you put yourself at such a disadvantage when you don't.

Anyways, what's the consensus on the M249 (Support weapon)? Can seem to do jack shit with it, but maybe I just need to get used to it some more. I adore the RPK and M27, but I struggle with this gun.

Meh, I unlocked the P90 and had no problems playing without IRNV, infact playing without a limited view is much better.

JoeMartin

They need an option to turn the autospawn button off. At the very least it should be clicked off if the position you intended to auto spawn on goes away.

The amount of times I've been tossed into my uncap on Kharg or Caspian with no vehicles because my squadmate died or the point got capped 0.00001s before I spawn :::RAGE:::

scogoth

They need an option to turn the autospawn button off. At the very least it should be clicked off if the position you intended to auto spawn on goes away.

The amount of times I've been tossed into my uncap on Kharg or Caspian with no vehicles because my squadmate died or the point got capped 0.00001s before I spawn :::RAGE:::

Don't click spawn till the timer is done and you wont autospawn

daedalius

Meh, I unlocked the P90 and had no problems playing without IRNV, infact playing without a limited view is much better.

Playing with a scope that lights people up like christmas trees from any range is much better.

trolling.png

Playing with a scope that lights people up like christmas trees from any range is much better.

trolling.png

It's great if you're planning on staying still for a long time. Not so great for run and gun type of game play. I keep moving from flag to flag so I don't really like it. There's a 1 second fade to back and you get the limited view. I much rather go with HOLO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom