• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won a Conquest round 246-0 on Noshahr Canal. They ended up with 2 players after everyone got bored of being destroyed at their deployment point. It was not fun, and I can't imagine how boring it must have been for the two who were just seeing it through for their Conquest ribbon.

How would you fix this if you were DICE? Personally, I'd have had 3 deployment points, 1 for each team and one neutral. The neautral one only becomes a deployment point for a team who is not in control of any flag

Yes because this happens a lot....if it even really did.

Sethos

Banned
This game is downright unplayable for me.

Yes, it's a teamplay game. Lone wolfing and a skilled player or two will not win games but I always end up on teams with fucking recons and people who are too afraid to die. I keep ending up on teams that get egged by having all flags captured from us. So I can just sit there, smile and get god damn raped time and time again while a bunch of 2 kills and 18 death, 500 point player dicks about as a Recon in the mountains, never spawns a class to help the team and just ruins the experience for everybody.

Sick of being on top but still losing time and time again by having ALL flags captured. I just can't enjoy this shit anymore, fuck other players.

Sorry for the rant.

ziadoz

Neo Member
I wish more points were awarded to the recon class for spotting with equipment. Right now it feels like the only class with no unique way to score points. I guess you could try to get a headshot for a marksman bonus, but all the sniper rifles are weak as piss and the scope sway doesn't make things any easier. I understand see why they decided to nerf the sniper rifle damage AND add a swaying effect. I think removing one of these would go a long way to making sniper rifles (and recon class) useful again. Right now the only way I can rank recon up is running the UMP in TDM and Conquest.

so i picked up the pc version from ea's black friday sale not expecting to play it until next year when i upgrade since the beta ran like this. out of boredom i gave it a shot anyway and it runs just as well as the console version. im guessing it's because i went back to old drivers(197.45) and some shadows dont render correctly but fuck it plays a lot better so whatever.

so now questions, how do i add the gaf server? also is there a way to reduce the size of the chat box or at least make it display only the previous 3 shouts instead of the 5-7 it does now? i have a 4:3 monitor every time someone says something the box blocks 20% of my screen. it's hard to feed lead pellets to someone when you cant see.

i get this too if i use the filter. turn off all filters and there's plenty of servers. must be a bug.

Hey whats your specs? I'm trying to decide if my pc can play this =\

Hi Demize. When are you fixing the Co-op alert achievements?

Gordon Van Dyke, IIRC. But it doesn't really matter: Demize was in charge of balance and infantry experience of BC2 just like he is here in BF3. IIRC, he's been in charge of balance since Vietnam.

What and unbalanced piece of shit, even when it had like half the weapons compared to BC2.

The game need some sort of autobalancer when the opposing team has more than 5 players on the opposite team.

I believe I already saw some servers doing that (custom scripts)

Sethos

Banned
The game need some sort of autobalancer when the opposing team has more than 5 players on the opposite team.

It needs to switch up the teams at every new round. It only does that when balancing, not when the teams are full - Then steamroller teams get to stay together and it's super annoying.

Yes because this happens a lot....if it even really did.

Its happened twice in the last 2 hours or so I've been playing, PS3 btw.

VLCsF.jpg

Y2E5u.jpg

Same thing happened in both matches, although it took longer to lock down the deployment point in the Tehran match. Perhaps I was a little hasty to suggest that its a regular occurence.

Is Quick Match broken at the moment btw?

How you can ban someone on rush (attackers 1st m-comm base) for baserape? how does that even work? limits are pretty wide to avoid being baseraped....fucking clans..., of course their server their rules....I wish I could blacklist servers.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Yes, it's a teamplay game. Lone wolfing and a skilled player or two will not win games but I always end up on teams with fucking recons and people who are too afraid to die. I keep ending up on teams that get egged by having all flags captured from us. So I can just sit there, smile and get god damn raped time and time again while a bunch of 2 kills and 18 death, 500 point player dicks about as a Recon in the mountains, never spawns a class to help the team and just ruins the experience for everybody.

Sick of being on top but still losing time and time again by having ALL flags captured. I just can't enjoy this shit anymore, fuck other players.

Sorry for the rant.
VOIP is pretty crucial for good squad teamwork and it's pathetic that they shipped the game without it on the PC.

daw840

Been playing this for the last week or so. It's fucking awesome. I like it more than MW1 and MW2, I can't comment on 3 as I haven't played it but if it's more of the same from Infinity Ward then this game is surely superior.

So, is this the OT for the PC version only?

Anyways, I have a few questions I thought the almighty GAF could answer for me.

1.) When you get upgrades to a vehicle, does it affect it whenever you are in said vehicle regardless of your position in the vehicle?

2.) Why the hell can't I customize the Russian soldier from the main menu?!?

3.) Just for fun, what is your guys favorite loadout for each class?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So I started to put some serious time into the F2000.

Are you kidding? This is clearly the best gun in the game.

Sorry for the rant.

play with GAF?

Ugh even on full low this game has 5+ load times per map and is a slide show... Trying to get a refund atm so I can just get it on the 360 sometime =\

Won't be playing for a while. Power button stopped working on new PC and my dad shipped the thing back for a new upgrade or something. Won't get it back for 1-2 weeks so I'm stuck using my old PC for the time being.

Hopefully it returns before "Back to Karkand" is released

Oh wow, they actually refunded it and gave me another 20% off the 360 version with no fighting at all. o.0 I'm just sad I can't play this on pc lol.

Sorry for the rant.

Really don't understand why you don't play with GAF?

Forkball

So I'm tempted to dive in at $30. I have Bad Company 2 and enjoyed the intensity and the back and forth nature of the game, but I wasn't a big fan of getting randomly killed by someone I never saw halfway across the map and the grindy nature of getting new weapons and upgrades. Would I enjoy BF3?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So I'm tempted to dive in at $30. I have Bad Company 2 and enjoyed the intensity and the back and forth nature of the game, but I wasn't a big fan of getting randomly killed by someone I never saw halfway across the map and the grindy nature of getting new weapons and upgrades. Would I enjoy BF3?

In that case, no. Because you'll kill yourself trying to unlock recon's kit items if you thought BC2 was (lol) "a grind."

JoeMartin

BC2's grind was significantly worse than BF3's, since most of the important upgrades are done per gun and it really isn't that difficult to unlock them.

JoeMartin

I know this has been mentioned here before, but it bears repeating; Noshar Canals CQ is so heavily favored for the Russians. They spawn with two tanks and an LAV if I'm not mistaken and they're so close to Flags C and A. While the US side has to travel over the water or be ferried by a chopper.

Yes, I know people can work together to take down the tanks and such, but we all know randoms have the brainpower of a walnut when it comes to Battlefield commonsense.

We take down tanks, they spawn again and attack us with it again and again. It's not like the US can somehow steal the tanks. Heck, that would have been a good "counter" if DICE allowed it.

It's just the design choice for this map baffles me. People say Metro is a broken map, but I don't feel it. Whether I spawn, I just go immediately to B and fight people off to control two points to win. You can't really do that with Canals' flags - especially B. B's wide open and is just a haven for tanks who're capturing it.

I love the game but some design choices baffle me, to be honest.

Anyone have similar complaints in different maps?

Whatever extremely minor vehicle imbalance the RU starting tank might present (both sides can get all different types of vehicles depending on the points held) is nullified by the fact that the US has a COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE "AA" TURRET WITH AN ENORMOUS FIELD OF FIRE OVER THE ENTIRE MAP, KILLING ANY AND ALL INFANTRY IN TWO HITS, AND SEVERELY LIMITING LANES OF TRAFFIC FOR BOTH INFANTRY AND VEHICLES FOR THE RU TEAM.

Canals is ridiculously US sided just because that turret alone, and other small things like the RU spawn being in an inherent choke point.

Had a weird glitch. I was using MAV until it glown blown up. The camera went to center on the floor (positioned from the sky) and was just stuck there. I know I was already controlling my character since the HUD told me I can switch weapons and shoot them.

So I started to put some serious time into the F2000.

Are you kidding? This is clearly the best gun in the game.

It really is. I can go full auto from medium-long range and kill 2-3 people in one clip. IF I'm using IRNV, killing people is a joke, especially if I hold my breath.

Sometimes you'll just see my name pop up with 4-5 kills in a 15 second span randomly throughout matches. The gun really opens up your potential.

...so it's gonna get nerfed soonzor

Whatever extremely minor vehicle imbalance the RU starting tank might present (both sides can get all different types of vehicles depending on the points held) is nullified by the fact that the US has a COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE "AA" TURRET WITH AN ENORMOUS FIELD OF FIRE OVER THE ENTIRE MAP, KILLING ANY AND ALL INFANTRY IN TWO HITS, AND SEVERELY LIMITING LANES OF TRAFFIC FOR BOTH INFANTRY AND VEHICLES FOR THE RU TEAM.

Canals is ridiculously US sided just because that turret alone, and other small things like the RU spawn being in an inherent choke point.

not talking about Conquest 64 layout

redhot_

Ya think they would put VOIP on some sort of priority. Nope. I will just continue to watch teams im on get stomped/sit and do nothing but spam rockets like its cool or something. If the monkeys over at Dice every do something about the mics.. they should really add a thing that works to show who all has a mic on or just throw mic people in squads together.. but thats probably to hard. Ugh Just so sick of losing.

Zeppelin

Yup, Canals 64 is broken as fuck.

Makoto

and the grindy nature of getting new weapons and upgrades. Would I enjoy BF3?
No, absolutely not. I've serviced star (basically means I've unlocked all the weapons/gadgets, but not the attachments for said weapons) for every class. I've unlocked the upgrades for 4 out of the 6 vehicles. I'm nearly 90 hours into this game and I'll tell you this: Unlocking this shit wasn't fun. At all. BF3's unlock system is a grind that even BC2 couldn't even compare to. If you really despise the grind, save your time and skip this game, please.

eek5

Ya think they would put VOIP on some sort of priority. Nope. I will just continue to watch teams im on get stomped/sit and do nothing but spam rockets like its cool or something. If the monkeys over at Dice every do something about the mics.. they should really add a thing that works to show who all has a mic on or just throw mic people in squads together.. but thats probably to hard. Ugh Just so sick of losing.

You know what else would be pretty sweet? If they had an indicator that let you know who was talking!

one quick question:

I remember Bad Company 2 has a mini helicopter that acts like a drone. Is it available in BF3? cuz I don't know where and how to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom