• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyaw

Ikuu said:
Wow, they better be fixing the server disconnect issues, that shit should have been fixed in beta.

It's probably more to do with specific servers than the actual Battlelog application.

Izayoi

Banned
Chiggs said:
I don't see any of that going on here. Just making a general observation, which you, of course, are free to disagree with.

Protip: someone presenting an alternate viewpoint doesn't always equate to trolling.
Did you forget what you posted earlier?

Chiggs said:
I wish I was joking. :/

Core i5 and a 6950. Runs well and it looks good...but not, you know, that good.
If (by your very own account) the third best looking game ever made doesn't look that good, then the gaming industry might as well pack their bags.

Put a few hours into sp, it is gorgeous. Standard COD like campaign though so far the story hasn't gone bonkers totally... but yea meh. Visual treat though wow. Can't wait to dig into the real meat of the game.

Sound is amazing and am running smooth as butter with the new nvidia drivers with everything on high and a bunch of shit on ultra.

Izayoi

Banned
Later on, the campaign is just such a sensory overload that you kind of just sit there and think "wow". The sound and the visuals are really something else. Playing this with a nice pair of headphones and a good monitor is unbelievable.

Izayoi

Banned
Foliorum Viridum said:
The only issue with the visuals is the use of lens flare. So OTT it's not even funny.

Takes a lot out of the overall look of the game.
There were a couple of parts where it got bad (Operation Guillotine I'm looking at you), but other than a very few cases I don't think that it really detracted from the experience for me.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Izayoi said:
Did you forget what you posted earlier?

I don't even know what you're getting at. How is my first comment even remotely trolling? It's an observation, and it's not like I've been spamming this thread with comments of the sort.

My God, some of you are so unbelievably sensitive. And if you really attach your feelings onto a video game, so that you feel its pain when some evil hooligan like me "lashes out" at it, well, I'm not even sure how any further discussion will be productive.

I'l just stay out of this thread from here on out because I don't want to hurt anyone with my reckless actions.

CEAEC49B7DCED8CC0F19C86C215EA73A3AB1E976

Any way to remove this entirely it makes the game look aweful.

Izayoi said:
There were a couple of parts where it got bad (Operation Guillotine I'm looking at you), but other than a very few cases I don't think that it really detracted from the experience for me.
It really got on my nerves. EVERY light source was like staring into the sun through a camera. In the night sections all you could see a lot of the time was a blur of lights thanks to it.

I wish it was an optional thing. DICE had no restraint and the visuals suffer because of it. So obnoxious.

alphaNoid

Banned
polyh3dron said:
my god

i need to join the master race for this, fuck the console's 30FPS bullshit
Better be prepared to pay a hell of a lot to get 60 on BF3. Only one of my friends had done this, with dual 6970s. Thats like $800 just in video cards.

RS4-

Ok things that I've noticed
- grenades don't get stuck in the bushes when you're in them
- squad perks don't always show up on the bottom left
- invert flight controls sometimes save, sometimes don't.
- aim down sights still glitches where you can't...aim down

Still can't find where to make another soldier name, like having a secondary character

Izayoi

Banned
Proxy said:
Weren't you the one who made a big stink about canceling your preorder?
Hahaha, he was.

I wonder how he's playing.

Chiggs said:
I don't even know what you're getting at. How is my first comment even remotely trolling? It's an observation, and it's not like I've been spamming this thread with comments of the sort.

My God, some of you are so unbelievably sensitive. And if you really attach your feelings onto a video game, so that you feel its pain when some evil hooligan like me "lashes out" at it, well, I'm not even sure how any further discussion will be productive.

I'l just stay out of this thread from here on out because I don't want to hurt anyone with my reckless actions.
Peace out, dude.

Izayoi

Banned
alphaNoid said:
Better be prepared to pay a hell of a lot to get 60 on BF3. Only one of my friends had done this, with dual 6970s. Thats like $800 just in video cards.
Huh? I'm getting over 60 in MP with a single 580.

XAL said:
EA won't ban you for using the Korean VPN trick right?...
Nope.

alphaNoid said:

Eh, you can get 60fps without super video card. Just don't put all your setting on Ultra

Coverly

Valru said:
Unlocking BF3 early via Korean Proxy.
1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.
5. Play BF3

I just want to say thank you. It worked perfectly.

jaaz

Sorry if I missed this, but I just got home. Got an email from Origin saying the release date had changed to October 24, but when I try to run the game, it does a release date check and still lists tomorrow (the 25th) as the release date?

Izayoi

Banned
gibon3z said:
Couldn't resist the even lower amazon price :/ Have no will power.

Looks like I can't play it either way, it crashes every 10 minutes while playing on ultra. Might be running out of vram or something. Single gtx 580.
Do you have the newest drivers?

I played for 5 hours straight and never crashed (single 580 w/ most recent drivers).

Also make sure you aren't overheating or something.

mcrae

Meus Renaissance said:
Have you guys seen this yet? BF3 played in a hologram (Star Trek) simulation. Player walks into a confined room/area, physically walks around to make the character walk around - gets physically hit when his virtual character gets hit.

Watch video

that is awesome. so much computer hardware involved.... 6 weeks of research/building/preparation.. all the systems working together, just great

undecided

EA Support Online help is awesome:

you:
I didn't realize that I had two accounts, one of them I had purchased all of the previous Battlefield games on, and one I had not
you:
I added the keys to the wrong one.
Brijesh:
Please provide me key you have and your EA account under which you have used the key
you:
Battlefield 3 - Limited Edition: KEY1 Preorder Dog Tag Key: KEY2
you:
they were activated on the Origin/EA Account: Account1
Brijesh:
I can provide you new dragon age key which you can use under your BF3 account
you:
what do you mean?
you:
I want to move my Battlefield 3 keys to Account2 as I have my other purchased PC Games (Mass Effect) and all prior Battlefield games registered with it
you:
Account2 qualifies for Battlefield Veteran Status while Account1 does not.
Brijesh:
Its not possible to transfer any game from one account to other sorry its not possible '
you:
What? You just said something about providing me with a dragon age key
you:
Clearly it is possible to provide new keys
Brijesh:
No
you:
Did you not just say this "Brijesh: I can provide you new dragon age key"
Brijesh:
Because game is not released
you:
So you can provide new keys once it is released?
Brijesh:
I can provide you dragon age and that is against policy .
you:
that doesn't even make sense
you:
Can you transfer me to a supervisor or something
you:
Why are you talking about Dragon Age when I'm asking about Battlefield 3

Load times do seem to be longer.

That parachuting map is outstanding, by the way.

One of these days, I'll learn how to enable the flashlight.

iam220

I just pre-ordered the game through origin and my order now shows up under "pending orders" but I haven't received any emails or don't see the game in the origin client. What's going on?

Need to be able to do something, anything, inbetween rounds. Loadouts, Battlelog integration...

Speaking of which, you should be able to customize loadouts in Battlelog.

Mully

iam220 said:
I just pre-ordered the game through origin and my order now shows up under "pending orders" but I haven't received any emails or don't see the game in the origin client. What's going on?

It will take a while. If you don't receive an e-mail with 4 hours contact EA support.

So overall I think the single player was actually pretty decent.

First three levels are pretty much garbage. Poorly paced, scripted and just not exciting.

Everything after that feels like Modern Warfare lite to me. Yes, I know, GARBAGE THREAD blah blah blah, but I said that as a compliment. MW is the standard to me and I think DICE have made huge steps towards making a really great single player experience. This isn't it, however it is good and very enjoyable once you get beyond the first hour. When compared to Bad Company 2 it's so much better it isn't even funny.

I would say the narrative really needed work though. It had some interesting elements but overall it felt all over the place and was badly presented/written.

It's a shame the last level glitched on me so I can't actually finish it, but I'll try some things tomorrow to do so.

So yeah, good job, DICE. Keep on improving like this and I'll be happy.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
LumpOfCole said:
Load times do seem to be longer.

That parachuting map is outstanding, by the way.

One of these days, I'll learn how to enable the flashlight.

Bothers me a little, but it's actually a taclight (tactical light) it's meant to blind the shit out of whomever you're aiming it at.

Not raggin' on ya, just giving you the correct terminology. If it's labeled as a flashlight in the game, well, that's wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom