• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man this game...

Sometimes everything runs amazing with everything on ULTRA, later on, same server same map, and the game is stuttering like mad...

I'm not sure if it's not enough RAM, a memory leak, low HDD access speeds. Argh...

BigJiantRobut said:
Anyone else having major stuttering problems? Singleplayer runs like a dream, but multiplayer starts gumming up after about ten minutes of play.
lol... yeah.

Metalmurphy said:
Man this game...

Sometimes everything runs amazing with everything on ULTRA, later on, same server same map, and the game is stuttering like mad...

I'm not sure if it's not enough RAM, a memory leak, low HDD access speeds. Argh...

This is exactly what's happening to me - just played a round on Caspian, did great, and then at the beginning of the next round it started stuttering and giving me strange errors like disappearing guns, looping sounds, etc. I'm going to defrag my drive to see if that's the problem, but I don't know what to think otherwise - I have plenty of RAM, and my HDD is fairly new.

Phandy

Yeah I think their is definitely some kind of issue where performance gets worse over time. A lot of people reporting this. Stuttering getting increasingly worse after 20 mins of play or so.

Hope its definitely something and DICE can fix it up soonish!

Ryuuga

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
Man this game...

A friend of mine is having the same issue. That reminds me, are we still to expect a patch tomorrow? Battlelog is off to a rough start, but the game truly shines when you manage to get party join working properly.

zlatko

Banned
Okay, what time can PC players start playing in the USA? I read here last night it was 3AM EST time, but has it been changed ?

There's a hilarious monster closet early on when you run up onto a bridge (in a scene shown in early trailers). If you take the left staircase up and use the sniper to zoom in on the rooftop of a building on the right across the street there's a lone guy firing at you. Take him down, and another will run up from around the corner. You can do this indefinitely, one at a time, until the vehicles arrive. It's hilarious.

I get 45ish fps in that area but running fraps takes it down to 20 with spikes far below so I unfortunately can't get a video of it. The angle at which people appear from around a corner is just hilarious.

Liberty4all

Banned
I have a I5 2500k and a Nividia 560GTX 560ti twin frozer ii, 1024mb gddr5 overclocked to 880 MHz. Lots of ram (6 or 8 gigs I think).

Can I run on ultra?

Smokey

BigJiantRobut said:
Anyone else having major stuttering problems? Singleplayer runs like a dream, but multiplayer starts gumming up after about ten minutes of play.

None here. Using Nvidia cards. Played a round of Caspian Conquest, and 2 rounds of Damavand Peak (Rush). I'm also running it off of a SSD, if that matters.

alphaNoid

Banned
2 things GAF, can you help?

1. What is the ingame console command to show FPS? Someone posted it earlier today. (running FRAPS probably drops my FPS by 15-20 so its a bad gauge.
2. Is the rumor about the MP stat reset true?

BigJiantRobut said:

Yup. Some of it must be due to lag I assume.

Izayoi

Banned
petethepanda said:
There's a hilarious monster closet early on when you run up onto a bridge (in a scene shown in early trailers). If you take the left staircase up and use the sniper to zoom in on the rooftop of a building on the right across the street there's a lone guy firing at you. Take him down, and another will run up from around the corner. You can do this indefinitely, one at a time, until the vehicles arrive. It's hilarious.

I get 45ish fps in that area but running fraps takes it down to 20 with spikes far below so I unfortunately can't get a video of it. The angle at which people appear from around a corner is just hilarious.

Bum rushing monster closets is great. On the second part of Operation Swordbreaker there's one in a garage. Sat inside with a shotgun while everyone spawned in front of me. sogood.gif

alphaNoid said:
2. Is the rumor about the MP stat reset true?
Yes, confirmed on a DICE twitter.

R2D4

Banned
They should rename this game:

Sorry, Something technical went wrong
We're going to sort it out and have things back to normal really soon.

Izayoi

Banned
Doctor_20 said:
Any reason to install the MP disc to 360 HDD? Obviously going to do texture pack.
Yes. Faster load times, just like installing anything on 360. If you have the space go for it.

cripterion

Added my key and I can see the game in my Origin account yet it says it's not available... Can't even preload the damn thing :/

PatzCU

Used the Korea trick to get my game unlocked.

ABSOLUTELY MINDBLOWINGLY INCREDIBLE!!!!

It is unreal how significantly more polished this game is over the beta. It's almost as if they are different games. Performance is greatly increased, UI bugs are seemingly gone, squad selection in, unlocks/ribbons presented much better, and best of all, there are maps other than Metro Rush.

Hats off to DICE, this is a multiplayer masterpiece.

Kud Dukan said:
Really? Oh well...guess we can't bitch since we weren't supposed to be playing until tomorrow .

But...it's available to play in certain regions, right? Without any sort of tricks, that is.

NOTICE Be advised! Servers will be down for maintenance between 01:00-01:30 UTC.

Isn't this passed? I thought 01:00 UTC is 7:00 PM CST.

Izayoi said:
Do you have the newest drivers?

I played for 5 hours straight and never crashed (single 580 w/ most recent drivers).

Also make sure you aren't overheating or something.

I have the beta drivers. I heard the latest drivers lose some performance. I will install the new ones tonight. Only crashes on the Campaign, mp is buttery smooth.

Phandy

Izayoi said:
Yeah. Was a big fan of the Paris mission.

In fact, I quite liked most everything from Operation Guillotine on.

Just finished the SP now. What I thought:

The beginning and ending were just OK, but there was some good stuff in between. The tank and plane missions were pretty cool. The
Paris and the villas missions
were quite good, but mainly because the DICE level designers are godlike, they looked SO good. I would of loved to have more levels like that. The sound was amazing in the
villa and shooting range area
towards the end.

It was OK, the problem is it just didn't do anything new game play wise, I mean it did it well, but its nothing you haven't seen before. And the story has really bad pacing issues since they want it to end in 5 hours, you get no sense of attachment to anything, so you just dont care.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
DTKT said:
NOTICE Be advised! Servers will be down for maintenance between 01:00-01:30 UTC.

Had to see it to believe it.
ahIwk.png

Im already over hearing/seeing Be Advised.

Spawn menu maps must be fixed! That's the only serious gripe I have at the moment--they're so cluttered that I can't tell where I'm spawning. The pulsating circles around the spawn point I have selected are damn near impossible to spot without viewing the map grid by grid. What's wrong with clicking pegs, DICE?!

supersaw

I'm getting major stuttering in SP when moving around, when I stand still all the animations play perfectly at 60fps but as soon as I start moving it's like my character has parkinsons.

Don't think it's my hardware Radeon 6990 and i7920 @ 4ghz.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Can anyone confirm that downloading the game from Direct2Drive will result in Origin just re-downloading the entire thing on it's own?

I'm getting shit rates from Origin (200k/s in San Francisco... Direct2Drive is 4 megabyte per second).

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
zlatko said:
So when can us PC people who didn't use the VPN trick play? 3AM EST ?

Why don't you just use the trick?

1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.

It's so simple. Takes 30 seconds.

Demon Ice

Banned
BigJiantRobut said:

I had that in the beta, figured it was a memory leak. It starts happening in campaign randomly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom