• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

GenericUser

These patch notes are a major letdown for me. All I ever wanted was, that they fix the damn input lag on the ps3.

I wish I did'nt buy that game day 1, horrible, horrible aiming on the ps3.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They where perfect in the beta, also in 576p it play's almost like the beta.

I thought the beta was awful too... such a departure from BC2 analog controls.

But they are even worse now w/ input lag.

I'd like them to solve the lag problem, but I'd also like sliders for deadzone and acceleration for x & y axis. Other console games have done this, and it was incredibly useful. This should be standard in console shooters.

Conceptor

So has anyone else had BF3 totally disappear/get wiped from their hard drive? Origin and BF3 were uninstalled, without my knowledge or approval, seemingly overnight a few weeks ago

You know one thing that I wish...

I wish that BF3 was a bit more gory.

I wish there was more blood or something - I know it would never happen, but the game is the top violence rating in every region, it's not like they couldn't have put in a bit more blood.

I also hope that one day there will be a project reality mod for the game, in which it is absolutely as real as possible. Every bullet hit on the body is realistic, so if you get hit in the head, your head explodes and you're dead, but if you get hit in the arm by a grazing shot, it's nothing. If you get hit in the leg, you can no longer move as fast until you find a medic, and you can bleed out - in the same way vehicles are disabled, the player should be able to be disabled.

But that is all just fantasy.

I even think that the player 'bleeding' should be in the primary game as it is anyway. If you get taken to under 25% health by someone in a gun fight, you shouldn't be able to just hide in a corner and wait for your health to come back up, you should be bleeding and you should bleed out until you find a medic.

Medic packs have become almost purposeless in the game these days - I mean, I enjoy playing as an Assault, and I think I prefer the medical bag to the M320 in most cases, but it's a tough trade up. Personally I don't think you should have to sacrifice the medical bag for the M320, I mean Engineers don't even sacrifice the Rocket Launcher for Mines...

It's only rated 16 by PEGI. Their highest rating is 18.

redhot_

you forgot to add:

- fixed voice chat issues (no more skipping sound)
- fixed input lag

There is NO WAY these weren't included in this patch, right guys? right?

The biggest issues since the launch that actually effect the gameplay, and its last on there list. Could give two shits if my pistol is strong enough if i can't call out snipers and irnv campers.

I completely agree that it's ridiculous that the PS3 lag bug hasn't been addressed or given an update, but let's remember this is just the same patch as the PC patch--it took longer because of certification, not because they were adding more stuff to it.

demolitio

New Gamespot quick preview of B2K.

Haven't listened to it yet, but shows a decent amount of Wake footage (doesn't look smaller, but the shape of the main base looks different or a lot more cluttered than usual), a 5 flag map (Karkand?), and some of the vehicles. Xbox footage.

Wow...So they talk about the return of the F35 being one of their favorite things but then show the normal Russian jet instead. Talk about a tease...lol

The Bobcat looks like it will be a deathbox but it could be fun to use it as a suicide vehicle.

The maps look amazing though. I just wish they'd give the jets the original BF2 loadouts so they're actually worth a damn on those maps. I'm sure it will be just like BF3 where anything in the air gets shot down rather quickly. Helos are pointless and jets can stay alive (I'm a good pilot) but they're useless against ground targets. If they're going to give us BF2 maps, at least have the vehicles play more like BF2 too.

Wow...So they talk about the return of the F35 being one of their favorite things but then show the normal Russian jet instead. Talk about a tease...lol

The Bobcat looks like it will be a deathbox but it could be fun to use it as a suicide vehicle.

The maps look amazing though. I just wish they'd give the jets the original BF2 loadouts so they're actually worth a damn on those maps. I'm sure it will be just like BF3 where anything in the air gets shot down rather quickly. Helos are pointless and jets can stay alive (I'm a good pilot) but they're useless against ground targets. If they're going to give us BF2 maps, at least have the vehicles play more like BF2 too.

Helos are far for pointless, but require a LOT of coordination to be successful. Almost pointless to join a random pilot and/or gunner, though sometimes you luck out.

EDIT: That German vid is great--good PC footage and some segments showing the differences between BF2/BF3 locations.

It also looks like they've changed the way you hold the foregrip, at least for some of the guns.

MNC

I *still* haven't seen the antenna fall other than the trailer. Patch the real destruction of that motherfucker the fuck back in the fucking game. Ticket count my ass.

demolitio

Helos are far for pointless, but require a LOT of coordination to be successful. Almost pointless to join a random pilot and/or gunner, though sometimes you luck out.

EDIT: That German vid is great--good PC footage and some segments showing the differences between BF2/BF3 locations.

It also looks like they've changed the way you hold the foregrip, at least for some of the guns.

When there's an AA vehicle that no teammate will take out, tanks with missiles and constant MG fire at you, it makes it a very short lifespan in the helo unless the gunner is amazing. They can be great to defend or attack a point from above, but there's way too much shit out there that can lock on and take you out so once you pop flares, you know a shitload of missiles are coming your way so all you can do is book it out of there for the time being. With a good gunner, it's easier but how often do you get one of those or even get a friend in there with you? It's just like Metro from the alpha where they had to change it after realizing the attackers weren't working together as well as they were in their tests so they changed it because they knew it wouldn't work out in public games. They overestimated the level of teamwork in everything about this game because this generation isn't the same as the BF2 generation. A full squad of cooperative people can win the game for their team so you best hope you have people you can trust playing at the same time. Otherwise, selfish players are going to ruin the experience.

You fly high, jets and AA missiles will get you....You fly low, MG fire and tank shells will get you.

They have some purpose, but they're definitely not far from being pointless. In BF2, you had a longer lifespan but still could be taken out by a good team. In BF3, every single guy on the other team can take you down. Jets can stand a chance at least and I've gone full rounds without dying with them, but helos are a ticking time bomb that usually doesn't last long at all.

Hell, they beefed up the jets' cannons for a reason because they know people think they're useless to help with the battle below except to take out enemy air units. Once you have air superiority, all you can do is disable a few tanks and maybe get a few ground kills if you're lucky and no one even places a SOFLAM for you. On hardcore, it makes it even harder because it's hard to even locate a tank down below to unload rockets at so all you have is a general idea of where they're at on the ground thanks to the radar but once you physically spot them, it's usually too late to get enough rockets out to take the tank out. All you do is slightly pester guys on the ground until the next enemy jet is up.

We were talking about this last night and laughing at how BF has changed. I can get making the vehicles a little more vulnerable, but they went way too far in the opposite direction to where you're vulnerable and have weak weapons too.

DXPett1

I dont mean that, I mean blind you in the sense that even when removing the scope your vision remains blurred. That way you dont run around with the IRNV on all the time, as many do. What you describe is simply the overpowered nature of the flashlight which shines brighter than the sun.

So you mean add some bullshit animation in between viewing through the scope and then back to hip-fire vision? The game already has way too many irritating things like that (everytime you step in a vehicle or spawn that long ass black fade pisses me off, especially if I die just after spawning)

It must be fucking impossible to be placed on a decent team full of randoms. No joke, I'm probably on a 10+ game losing streak because I'm always placed on Team Dumbass. Join a Conquest match, ALL the cap points are controlled by the enemy and our team has 15 tickets left to their 200. And since the game doesn't randomize teams between matches, there's no way in hell I'm staying in the match just to get dominated in the next game.

Aggravating doesn't even begin to describe it.

Nizz

God damn, DICE. Unbelievable that they didn't even address the busted controls on PS3. Serious bullshit. I saw that patch notes were released and I looked that list up and down twice only to see no fix for the biggest issue I have right now. Bullshit...

Dmax3901

So Punkbuster keeps kicking me, says it require a different version, tried updating manually and downloading pbsetup.exe, nothing works.

Any ideas?

Is it a filter thing, or is there really almost nobody playing Squad DM on PC? I can get 2, maybe 3 populated servers to show up on a good night.

It's fucking bizarre. Easily the most intense mode in the game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Is it a filter thing, or is there really almost nobody playing Squad DM on PC? I can get 2, maybe 3 populated servers to show up on a good night.

Probably filters. My PS3 server browser hasn't been giving me ANYTHING for TDM/Rush/Conquest but matchmaking (FUCK YOU DEMIZE) works. WTF. :/

MrToughPants

Brian Burke punched my mom
Is anyone else experiencing suttering issues since the patch? I join rooms where my ping is ~40 and my fps does not drop when the stuttering occurs. BF3 ran perfectly before the patch now it stutters and crashes quite often.

Is anyone else experiencing suttering issues since the patch? I join rooms where my ping is ~40 and my fps does not drop when the stuttering occurs. BF3 ran perfectly before the patch now it stutters and crashes quite often.

Performance does generally seem worse for me than before, even if there's no discernible change in fps.

But I do definitely stutter/lag when I'm in scoped view with a zoomed scope. Iron sights/red dot/holo, no problems.

schnell

I just tried it with everything deselected except squad deathmatch and only got 5 populated servers total.

Okay, I had an annoying enough time last night that I need to make some friends. I really like this game, but there's clearly a next level of enjoyment that comes from actually communicating with your team and achieving objectives.

I don't play every day, I don't own a headset, and I don't like talking, but I will obey orders and drop supplies.

Is there, like, a list of PS3 gaffers I can add my name to? Or should I just prep the "oh okay" face now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom