• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Check my post a bit up the page about the vid Demize posted. Maybe he posted it in response to this vid?

Regardless, I don't think it's been nerfed at all--seems the same, in the vid I posted.

Yeah, in the vid you posted, I don't see any difference, really. If that's all they are going to do with it, then nothing will change and everyone will still use it.

Demize just posted a list of proposed balance changes they're testing. They're looking for feedback.

Vehicles:
Increased the locking distance for Jets when locking on laser designated targets.
Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to other main battle tanks.
AA Missiles should no longer kill the pilot instead of the vehicle.
Tank rounds will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
Using flares too early will no longer distract missiles fired at long range. The missile must be approaching the vehicle in order to reliably be distracted by flares.
Attack Helicopter Guided Rockets will now only track ground targets, as originally intended.
Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor.
Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry.
Vehicle weapons should now suppress correctly.
Increased the direct hit damage of the APFSDS rounds for the IFVs.
Miniguns and Helicopter Gunners now more quickly destroy parked cars.

Weapons:
Significantly increased the damage of Laser Guided Top Attack missiles.
Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs.
Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets.
Reduced the total number of RPG and SMAW missiles carried from 5 to 4.
Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets.
Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry.

Reduced the recoil of the SKS rifle and slightly increased its power at close range.
Semiautomatic sniper rifles, Assault Rifles, and LMGs now have more consistent damage over long range.
Increased the close range damage maximum range of 9x39mm ammo.

Soldiers:
Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.

Lots of good ideas. Don't know how I feel about the spawn protection changes.

commish

Demize just posted a list of proposed balance changes they're testing. They're looking for feedback.

Spawn protection changes are great - so frustrating to die as I spawn without getting the chance to do anything. Doesn't happen frequently though.

Overall, changes look good. Killing tanks will become much easier with the changes to repair time and MBT damage. Increasing the speed at which a player can shoot after sprinting will probably affect me the most, since I catch SO MANY people mid-sprint.

Spawn protection changes are great - so frustrating to die as I spawn without getting the chance to do anything. Doesn't happen frequently though.

My only real concern is that aiming/looking doesn't remove spawn protection. Don't like the idea of someone being able to line up a shot while being invulnerable.

It would only be 2 seconds, but that can be a lot in the middle of a firefight.

commish

My only real concern is that aiming/looking doesn't remove spawn protection. Don't like the idea of someone being able to line up a shot while being invulnerable.

There's really only one flag in the game where I think this could be a problem, and that's the hill flag on Caspian.

Pennybags

AndyD

aka andydumi

I agree on this as well. Does it apply to revive, or just spawn? At spawn points its not too bad, to prevent spawn camping, but spawn on teammate in a firefight with 2 seconds to line up a shot is too much I think.

Hell yes to AA missiles not instakilling the pilot randomly!

Increased damage to top-attack missiles is interesting, but I've seen and participated firsthand in guided shell + CITV fuckfests in which the majority of the team's engineers also used Javelins. Not pretty.

A good CITV team is kinda of like a god on the battlefield. I went 26-0 pretty comfortably one round, although the opposing team wasn't that great, I suppose.

scogoth

Like most of those changes but the spawn change. I've never had a problem with spawning into somewhere and dying (except spawning on Spl1nter). My biggest problem is taking a point, clearing an area, turning around and someone spawns directly behind me, aimed at me and now has 2 sec invuln. I don't understand why they couldn't do it like BC2 where they spawned the enemy AWAY from people on the point. They really try to punish people who aim and people who clear areas properly.

Also leave the gunner damage as it is. Making it more powerful vs infantry and less powerful vs armoured is just going to lead to absolute rapage.

daedalius

Not sure if real.... IRNV nerf patch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MGlZLHonrY

This would make it 100% useless, so I have a hard time believing it.

I could finally stop using this legitimate exploit if they did this. Although, it basically looks next to useless if this change goes through. I don't think I'd mind too much though.

And then I found this. lulz, great work Dice! It looks totally different! Troll face should have been up in the corner spinning during this video.

So much QQ in the comments section of the IRNV nerf vid.

I am okay with the nerf. Scopes boiled down to either IRNV or a high-powered one for very long distance sniping.

Hell yes to AA missiles not instakilling the pilot randomly!

Increased damage to top-attack missiles is interesting, but I've seen and participated firsthand in guided shell + CITV fuckfests in which the majority of the team's engineers also used Javelins. Not pretty.

My question is how? I've been running the Laser Pointer and AGTMs on the Scout Heli, and I find that more often than not, the missles miss after I get a lock with the pointer. I really hope they fix that.

Spl1nter

My opinion on the proposed changes. No opinion means its an obvious change that should be in the game anyway.

Vehicles:
Increased the locking distance for Jets when locking on laser designated targets.
- Required change, no reason to use laser guided bombs as the range and damage of rocket pods is greater.

Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to other main battle tanks.
- Agree with this change if, the increase in damage is more focused on rear and side armor. Direction does not influence tank battle enough.

Reduced the direct damage done by helicopter gunners vs armor
- The gun was clearly too powerful against armor targets. No real reason to use laser guided missiles with the power of the gun against armor

Slightly increased the blast radius of the rounds fired by helicopter gunners vs infantry.
- Agree with a slight buff. Playing infantry, the helicopter gunner simply doesnt seem effective enough against me

Weapons:
Significantly increased the damage of Laser Guided Top Attack missiles.
- Will help make people team up more to use the soflam.

Javelin missiles fired without laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs.
- Was a clear issue that a missile that can only target vehicles did last damage regardless of directional impact

Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool.
- Disagree with changing repair speed. More in favour of making the overheat and cool down period more significant

Slightly reduced the locking time of all weapons vs Laser Designated targets.
- Helps when teaming up with the soflam. By the time the soflam gets a lock, than the javelin gets a lock, soflam target is lost

Slightly reduced the effective blast radius of the RPG and SMAW projectiles against infantry.
- Only reason I fear this change is because of the difficulty to kill someone who is repairing a vehicle. However, clearly a trade off is required given the effectiveness of the RPG/SMAW against infantry

Soldiers:
Increased the spawn protection time from 1sec to 2sec. The protection will still be immediately canceled as soon as the player moves or shoots.
- Horrible idea. It is the players fault for spawning into a dangerous area
Spawn protection will no longer be canceled by the player looking around.
- Issues already stated
Slightly increased the speed at which a player can shoot again after sprinting.
- Helps run and gunning

Looks like a good list of changes to me.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I've got an unopened BF3 LE for PS3 sitting around that I'm unsure if I should try to sell.

I have BF3 for PC and really don't ever seeing myself play the PS3 version. Just as soon as I sell it I'll want to play it though. Hmm.. Decisions.

I've got an unopened BF3 LE for PS3 sitting around that I'm unsure if I should try to sell.

I have BF3 for PC and really don't ever seeing myself play the PS3 version. Just as soon as I sell it I'll want to play it though. Hmm.. Decisions.
Just always think to yourself: 1080p, 60fps, GAF server.

Your urge to play will go instantly.

Holy shit, I thought I was bad
lol.gif

commish

I pick a different class, come across a tank, die and feel vulnerable and spawn instantly as an engineer and go kick his ass.

I'm not apologising for it at all :D

I miss the engineer mines most of all. Always easy kills because tank drivers are dumb and jeeps move too fast.

The only time I go engineer nowadays is when I use vehicles or to take out a particular tank at a flag.

I miss the engineer mines most of all. Always easy kills because tank drivers are dumb and jeeps move too fast.

Yep, check how many kills I've got with them. I have probably 3x vehicle disables with them, but they don't track that. :D

Also, I have no idea about the picture. Don't believe I've ever edited it. Based on stats maybe?

I agree--the game demands and rewards engineer play. I've been trying to branch out lately, though.
Destroying/fighting vehicles is honestly the most fun I have in the game. Engineer is best equipped for that, so he's the logical choice for me.

Shooting guys is better in COD so if I wanted to do that I'd just go play COD instead. Putting down health packs/ammo? Borrringg. Let me sneak around a tank and blow it the fuck up :D

...... so don't you get bored and want some variety? I mean at least try and play the other 2 classes
support doesn't count, its truly a boring useless class

I've started sniping on HC servers (regular servers require too many shots, doesn't feel right) but other than that? Nope, not really. There's not much in other classes I feel like I'm missing out on, for the above reason. C4 and that cool flying robot are really the other two things, but they're not more appealing than mines/RPGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom