• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

daedalius

How do people go 55-21, with the RPK-74m, on Bazaar, on the Gaf 64 player server?

Does that gun just kill people in 1 hit or something?

I don't understand this game. Also, 3.47 k/d... what?

New Gamespot quick preview of B2K.

Haven't listened to it yet, but shows a decent amount of Wake footage (doesn't look smaller, but the shape of the main base looks different or a lot more cluttered than usual), a 5 flag map (Karkand?), and some of the vehicles. Xbox footage.

Xbox, PS3 and PC footage in there...

there are parts where you see reference to Xbox buttons, PS3 buttons in other parts and the entire HUD shrinks and there's 7 flags.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How do people go 55-21, with the RPK-74m, on Bazaar, on the Gaf 64 player server?

Does that gun just kill people in 1 hit or something?

Low recoil + decent damage and clip-size.

It's way better than the other LMG, IMO. The M249 being close but not a starting weapon.

I hope 24 player Wake holds up. I also wish there were 24/7 single map servers on consoles.

24 player Wake held up in 1943! then again, that was a simplified run & gun arcade shooter with regenerating health!

On 32 player servers, most maps feel dead. I haven't played much on console yet, but with 24 it would seem like there is a good chunk of time where nothing is happening. BC2 doesn't have that problem.

it depends on the teams. if you're playing against a team of cowards or snipers sitting in the hills, Caspian Border and Kharg Island can be quite a serene and peaceful ticket countdown... Operation Firestorm doesn't suffer from this as much, maybe because it's 3 flags in a line... the other maps are fine, except Noshahr Canals, which is just a quagmire. who thought slicing it that way was a good idea!?

there's clearly a next level of enjoyment that comes from actually communicating with your team
If you're looking for that on PS3 then you'll have to go back to BFBC2. The mics are still fucked up in BF3 on the PS3 and have been since release (more than a month ago). Surely they were fixed in today's patch, right? Nope.

Given that the PS3 mic issues were never fixed in either BFBC1 or BF1943 I'd advise you not to hold your breath for a BF3 fix.

Also I was disappointed with the Wake Island footage. I think I preferred Wake when it was in colour.

Speaking of voice chat... I'm a little behind with the voice chat situation in the pc version... What is going on?

Voice chat are handled by battlelog parties. They work pretty well for me. I chat constantly with a mate from my country and another from the UK, both have the same voice quality, which is a good one.

Varna

Voice chat are handled by battlelog parties. They work pretty well for me. I chat constantly with a mate from my country and another from the UK, both have the same voice quality, which is a good one.

I guess I'm just not understanding how it works at all. I've never heard any communication on a random server. Is stuff just not handled in game anymore?

I guess I'm just not understanding how it works at all. I've never heard any communication on a random server. Is stuff just not handled in game anymore?

Nope. Start a party in battlelog and invite people, then you can voice chat. It connects everyone on the party to a third party app called Sonar.

So, after initially being iffy on the M249, I've grown to love it after getting a few unlocks (grip and suppressor. Suppressor keeps you off the mini-map, correct? I hope I'm not confusing it with the silencer's effect in COD games). The weapon handles great with grip, as the recoil becomes manageable. The holo and red dot sights are great for my playstyle, but sadly I've settled with the gloriously OP'd IRNV once again.

Nerf it DICE so I can finally break free from it!

TheSeks

I dunno who "FK1983" is, but I don't play on 360 dude. Sorry. :/

If you're looking for that on PS3 then you'll have to go back to BFBC2. The mics are still fucked up in BF3 on the PS3 and have been since release (more than a month ago). Surely they were fixed in today's patch, right? Nope.

Given that the PS3 mic issues were never fixed in either BFBC1 or BF1943 I'd advise you not to hold your breath for a BF3 fix.

Also I was disappointed with the Wake Island footage. I think I preferred Wake when it was in colour.

FUCK THIS SHIT.

I bought the game to play it with my friends. So when it came out, we played the shit out of it - for a day, and then started worrying because the voice chat didn't work properly.

"Will probably be fixed in a few days guys, don't worry", I said...

:-(

Just downloaded the patch, PS3 version, finally it seems that the conquest flag meters aren't bugged, and the reformed squad system is like the game should been at the beginning. I have yet to try play with friends for the chat voice, but it seems that the problems persist :/. And wtf, in the coop I was almost at the M39, and then today I have all unlocked? This is on purpose or its a bug? (but no trophy and in Battlelog my progress is like I said, around 230k points)

Divius

So Punkbuster keeps kicking me, says it require a different version, tried updating manually and downloading pbsetup.exe, nothing works.
I had this problem towards the end of my BFBC2 career. I was getting kicked at random from about 1 out of 5 games. I uninstalled pb and installled the one that came with the game install and it updated and worked again.

Jas

Just downloaded the patch, PS3 version, finally it seems that the conquest flag meters aren't bugged, and the reformed squad system is like the game should been at the beginning. I have yet to try play with friends for the chat voice, but it seems that the problems persist :/. And wtf, in the coop I was almost at the M39, and then today I have all unlocked? This is on purpose or its a bug? (but no trophy and in Battlelog my progress is like I said, around 230k points)

They lowered the point totals for the CO-OP unlocks, to unlock the G3 it's 160,000 now.
From the looks of it they haven't changed the point totals on Battlelog yet, but it shows in the game if you check your CO-OP progression.

Soma

They lowered the point totals for the CO-OP unlocks, to unlock the G3 it's 160,000 now.

Oh wow I didn't know that. Just checked and I got them all now it seems.

Didn't get the trophy for it though. Hmm.

Also I can't seem to connect to any games in my region. 0/24 servers all over. :(

CatPee

Wha? Sounds like the co-op nerf was included in this patch?

From the looks of it they haven't changed the point totals on Battlelog yet, but it shows in the game if you check your CO-OP progression.

Wha? Sounds like the co-op nerf was included in this patch?

I didn't know that a coop score nerf was coming, thx for the info. Anyway I love the M39 <3

Okay. Just got a confirmation about the PS3's voice chat issues on Battlefield3's Facebook-page. Finally.

bf3voice.jpg

Yes they are working it, we've been getting a lot of request for weeks and it has been sent to the devs long time, we will update you as soon as we get word about the voice chat fix.

CozMick

Banned
Achievement/Trophy list been posted yet for Back to Karkand?

Silver - Complete Warrior: Got a kill with the following weapons in a single life: Assault Rifle, Jet, Tank

Bronze - Third Tour: Got a kill with each of the following vehicles: the BTR-90, DPV and F-35

Bronze - Gunslinger: Got 10 kills with each of the ten Back to Karkand weapons

Silver - Like a Boss: Got a kill with the skid loader

Bronze - Jaws: Took a swim in the Oman Hotel swimming pool

TheSeks

Achievement/Trophy list been posted yet for Back to Karkand?

Silver - Complete Warrior: Got a kill with the following weapons in a single life: Assault Rifle, Jet, Tank

Please tell me this is a typo or dear god this is the hardest achievement in the game (other than the fucking stupid co-op stealth achievements)

GodofWine

Okay. Just got a confirmation about the PS3's voice chat issues on Battlefield3's Facebook-page. Finally.

bf3voice.jpg

Good...now a better (aka, working) system for joining games with squads intact. (Just que us up dice, we can wait 1-2 minutes if needed for a proper 4 man slot / new server to populate, vs. joining / quiting / for 10 minutes.)

Has the patch gone live in the US yet?

You want a completely arbitrary environmental event? Dealwithit.gif You're at least getting more important things like Battlerecorder and IRNV/Flashlight nerfs.

Hahahaha.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Also it's not arbitrary, happens when it reaches 10 tickets. Should be 100 imo -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom