• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

demolitio

This game's appeal is solely playing as a team not what team you're on. Teams don't win because of a few great players, they win because they have players who work as a great team.

Get on mumble to win.

That's what I mean...Playing as a team DOES depend on what team you're on. If your team doesn't want to play as a team, then how wouldn't it depend on that team? And by great players, we do work as a team and we do most of the objectives, but you can't keep going around capturing all the points just to have your team lose them right after. But if you stay to defend, you lose because your team won't get other points.

I don't get how a team wouldn't affect the game if you're talking about teamwork. You can't force people to play as a team so you're stuck with what you got.

Don't assume we just go for kills and do no teamwork without even playing with us. We ARE the ones doing the objective and that's why it's no fun to rely on your teammates to do some work too and they never do...

And Mumble doesn't define a team either. It's nice, but it's not what makes a great team either because it's not the only communication around. You can talk to your squad with VOIP as is so what would Mumble do besides making it easier to talk to people you're already talking too. It's not like 32 random people join Mumble together and automatically win.

KePoW

Banned
So i saw that option bar in the options menu but was wondering which was is the best way to have it? I snipe a lot so it seems like I would want this option on the most right?

anyone?

I'm wondering this too. Has anyone messed with this new option?

By default, the bar is all the way to the right.

RS4-

Omg yes, c4 doesn't disappear on death! Now I don't have to feel annoyed when I get gunned down while planting on a vehicle!

Feels good blowing up a squad from the other side of the map

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Hmm.. I wish they would make their minds up on what stays and what goes after a death. It's really damn confusing.

J-Rock

Banned
Car honking? Decent idea.

I'd like to have my character say some evil taunts while he knifes victims.

Omg yes, c4 doesn't disappear on death! Now I don't have to feel annoyed when I get gunned down while planting on a vehicle!

HAPPY.jpg

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Good grief, C4 is going to be incredibly evil now.

Not for long. That's going to get patched, I guarantee it. Enjoy it while it lasts, C4 hoes, because it'll disappear 20 seconds after death just like AT mines for the Engineer does right now.

Yea I discovered that a few days ago. Felt good to get those kills but sadly they might patch it. :(

Also, I still don't know how I feel about the B2K maps yet. First time today where I played Karkand and Wake island on Rush with actually good teams. Wake Island is kinda crazy though. I still haven't had a good game on Conquest on either of them yet.

mcp

Neo Member
I really think C4 should disappear after death. Especially if it is on a vechicle. It kind of breaks the risk reward of deciding whether to suicide C4 or try and run far enough before hitting the button if you can just respawn and kill them. If you get killed before pressing the button you don't deserve the kill.

Has it been like this since the beginning or was it introduced in the new patch?

Helmholtz

New chat position is great. IRNV definitely seems to be nerfed, hard to explain how, I guess it's just harder to see things in general now. It's for the best imo, no sense in having 90% of players looking at the game through a green and orange lens.

Anyone else having problems with their mouse controls? None of my settings have changed, but now the controls feel like they're floating around, or lagging a few ms behind my actual movement. Reminds me of how Dead Space 1 for PC controlled, but BF3 is definitely not locked at 30fps.

Can anyone explain why I can't create a party or when I try to join one, I get a message near the top left corner saying "Could not find party"? :(

Tried it in all three browsers. This only happened after the patch...

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Just hopped on 360 for the first time in like a week...I wasn't prompted for a patch download? Isn't that out already?

TheSeks

Just hopped on 360 for the first time in like a week...I wasn't prompted for a patch download? Isn't that out already?

>He plays on the X-box 360!
>laughinggirls.jpg

No. MS is holding the patch up, bitch at them.

Varna

AN-94 is just amazing. It seemed a lot harder to control then the other rifles but I finally got it. Two round burst is amazing with the laser sight. Just had a awesome round. 25/6!

>He plays on the X-box 360!
>laughinggirls.jpg

No. MS is holding the patch up, bitch at them.

Am I right in assuming that, due to the patch size limitations, only people buying Back to Karkand will actually get the game patched? Since it's an expansion DLC they could probably get away with the bigger size.

TheSeks

Am I right in assuming that, due to the patch size limitations, only people buying Back to Karkand will actually get the game patched? Since it's an expansion DLC they could probably get away with the bigger size.

Nope, because MS would be in a world of shit if people couldn't play multiplayer since you need the latest patches to go online.

TheSeks

BC2 M60 and an-94 were better.

M60? I dunno. AN-94, it was the gun of god and I miss it terribly. I wish the real gun was actually like that so BF3's gun would match it. So good. Y U FUCK MY AN-94, DICE?

TheSeks

It's the other way around. The RU side are way too close to B and will always cap it first.

Only if you don't rush (see what I'm doing here?) B as US. Rushing B will cause a huge scuffle. I SMH when I play Conquest on Metro and half our team is capping C for an easy 200 points instead of rushing to help me attempt to keep them from choke pointing us. Thereby having to rush my ass through smoke and fire to take A instead and probably die millions of times in the process, yay!

(You playing the far superior Rush mode yet?)

mr_nothin

Banned
Took close to 3 hours but I finally got my first conquest win. Ridiculous.

Also Conquest on Metro is utter bullshit. If your the Americans, You Win!

Surely you mean RU wins....
I've flanked A a couple of times by myself right at the beginning of the round as a US. Most of the RU run straight down the middle and dont pay attention tot he long hallway with the lockers

Dmax3901

Anyone else having trouble with the update? One second it's 40% done then I come back to find it's stopped downloading altogether and is back at 0%.

Happened two or three times now, infuriating.

aznpxdd

Only if you don't rush (see what I'm doing here?) B as US. Rushing B will cause a huge scuffle. I SMH when I play Conquest on Metro and half our team is capping C for an easy 200 points instead of rushing to help me attempt to keep them from choke pointing us. Thereby having to rush my ass through smoke and fire to take A instead and probably die millions of times in the process, yay!

(You playing the far superior Rush mode yet?)

Metro choke points are glorious.

*Equips squad grenade perk*

600+ grenade kills and counting :)

mxgt

Banned

Haha there's no way this stays like that, C4 is crazy good when disappearing on death, not disappearing is OP as shit.

I do have them, but I thought people didn't like the co-op gear?

Most of them are but those 2 are great. The KH is probably on par with the AEK. It is probably the second best assault rifle next to the F2000. The SG is probably just barely not as good as the pre patch SCAR. Keep in mind that you get the crappy sights for the KH at first but I unlocked the good ACOG for it and it is awesome. I would at least try them out. Almost all of the guns are the same as pre patch except for the G3 and the SCAR got balanced to the rest of the guns (lower damage) and the MP7 and P90 got a damage increase. Just experiment around a bit until you find something that you like. It really depends on your play style but regardless of how that is, remember to burst fire at mid-long range.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Most of them are but those 2 are great. The KH is probably on par with the AEK. It is probably the second best assault rifle next to the F2000. The SG is probably just barely not as good as the pre patch SCAR. Keep in mind that you get the crappy sights for the KH at first but I unlocked the good ACOG for it and it is awesome. I would at least try them out. Almost all of the guns are the same as pre patch except for the G3 and the SCAR got balanced to the rest of the guns (lower damage) and the MP7 and P90 got a damage increase. Just experiment around a bit until you find something that you like. It really depends on your play style but regardless of how that is, remember to burst fire at mid-long range.

Hrm, maybe I'll give them a shot sometime. Glad that the P90 got the boost though.

hteng

Banned
so does the new patch fix the jet throttle down/brake permanently stucked at "S" key? i really really hate jet gameplay now because i can use my preferred control layout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom