• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, your PC soldier is the same on consoles?

no. Battlelog shows stats for all versions of the game. they updated Battlelog with the new point values for co-op unlocks, but the 360 hasn't gotten the title update yet, so the guns are still locked.

Am I right in assuming that, due to the patch size limitations, only people buying Back to Karkand will actually get the game patched? Since it's an expansion DLC they could probably get away with the bigger size.

gonna guess it will be like most large updates on 360, a title update and a seperate marketplace download.

Anyone else having problems connecting to servers since the patch? I can't connect to ANY: it says 'lost connection to server (9)' and/or 'Can't connect to EA online (undefined).' driving me fucking crazy.

aznpxdd

How do you even find that fun? I mean after spamming grenades for 50 hours don't you get bored? If you want to grind that badly why not play WoW?

Well, I've played BF3 around 48 hours total, and at most probably spent 10 hours on Metro. Its good to mix in Metro with regular BF gameplay.

Once you get good with throwing grenades at a certain angle, the kills just rack up on Metro.

i love it. choke points are fun as hell. bullets flying all over them bitches.

*bro bump*

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
derpedy deeerp

In order to patch origin redownloads the entire game? ._.

Corky

You sure it isn't the big patch also containing the B2K maps?

Unless the patch is identical in size to the regular game in terms of size then no it's redownloading it again :(

No the error message always says that but it just installs the patch

It's been an hour for me at 1.5mbs, so it's either one big / slow installing patch or it did actually redownload the game.

Imagine a flock of pterodactyls swarming your Viper, or a trex crashing into the building you've set up in, or a pack of raptors chasing down your Growler through a jungle.

Fuck zombies. Dinos where it's at.

Seriously, dinos with ANT animations would be godly. Although DICE doesn't seem capable of an authentic level of raptor intelligence.

vaelic

Banned
BF3 COMMO ROSE 2.0 UPDATE SOON

http://battlefieldo.com/bf3-commo-rose-2-0-update-soon/

ComRose1-600x271.png

ComRose2-600x271.png

ComRose3-600x340.png

Medics and Supports better get a big ass fucking arrow flashing in neon lights when ever we request ammo.

But then I can't read hilarious rage when someone doesn't get ammo!

I swear I've seen people get so mad over one dude being focused on something else and not dropping ammo you wouldn't even believe it.

I swear I've seen people get so mad over one dude being focused on something else and not dropping ammo you wouldn't even believe it.

Yeah, but most of the times is someone who:

1. Doesn't give a shit
2. "Oh look an enemy 3 miles away and a team mate requesting ammo!" "I'll go after the enemy"
3. Can't hear the request
4. Is clueless

I think if you have ammo you should make an effort to drop it, but I also understand getting so involved in the game you forget and I think it's hilarious how mad people get over it.

So much rage over such a silly thing.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Because it's not hard to drop your kit items. You see someone with a + or medic small square icon and your Assault/Support? They need the health/ammo, provided you're not being shot at: Run your ass over and press left on the D-pad (whatever on PC) and throw it out! It's free +20-100's. Why do you not want free points that aren't kills?

I don't even ask for ammo anymore. I just pick up another gun and carry on.

I've literally have had to run into danger to switch my shotgun recon on Seine Crossing Rush out while an LAV and their team is coming to swarm B (which ultimate fails because they didn't speed cap it like a smart person would and I'm a smart person that digs in. *cough*), switch my kit to support, run my ass into cover/regen health in the meanwhile. Throw the kit out, run my ass back to my kit. Pick it up, run back and gain ammo as the shotgun ammo capacity is PITIFUL even with the extra ammo perk. Shit is made infuriating.

Maybe because they're just focusing on something else and it slipped their mind like I said?

I don't disagree it's easy and free points, but getting so worked up over it is ridiculous.

TheSeks

Maybe because they're just focusing on something else and it slipped their mind like I said?

I don't disagree it's easy and free points, but getting so worked up over it is ridiculous.

There's nothing to "slip their mind" over. Base is taken? Flag captured? No enemies on the mini-map? There's a flashing dude requesting ammo/health on the mini-map? DERP LET ME RUN OFF INTO DANGER!

The fucking mini-map shows you who needs health/ammo before they even need to request it. Nobody notices the mini-map at times, I swear. Even spotting goes useless with most people because they don't seem to notice a dude that I've spotted for them coming up to knife them in the ass two minutes after I spotted the and they can see him coming up.

Folks flying vehicles should be able to toss medpacks/ammo out of their vehicles like a supply drop for their team mates.

Pilots can't, put people in the vehicles that are that class can by throwing a bit above their viewpoint to get it out of the vehicle and not have it stick to the helicopter right now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
There's nothing to "slip their mind" over. Base is taken? Flag captured? No enemies on the mini-map? There's a flashing dude requesting ammo/health on the mini-map? DERP LET ME RUN OFF INTO DANGER!

The fucking mini-map shows you who needs health/ammo before they even need to request it. Nobody notices the mini-map at times, I swear. Even spotting goes useless with most people because they don't seem to notice a dude that I've spotted for them coming up to knife them in the ass two minutes after I spotted the and they can see him coming up.

Pilots can't, put people in the vehicles that are that class can by throwing a bit above their viewpoint to get it out of the vehicle and not have it stick to the helicopter right now.

You should learn to shoot less bullets.

eek5

I just flash my flashlight in support faces, dump all my ammo into them which causes them to retaliate and shoot at me. Eventually, they drop ammo for themselves and I jump on the crate. Lol

I don't really miss the commo rose--I thought the contextual Q method was much easier.

Commo rose will only be relevant if it clearly indicates who is making the request/yell, and in certain situations, who they are addressing it to. Without these, it's useless.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com

Sigh, I really wish you're wrong, but you're not. I've spotted enemies a few times and people just run by them or something. Same with ammo/meds. I just throw them out whenever I can - heck, it doesn't cost a thing!

What makes me rage hard is when I ask for ammo/meds and that person is just crouching in a corner and not giving a shit.

And people wonder how me and others like me score 7,000 upwards per round! Here are a few tips:
Give out ammo/meds
Attack objectives
Give covering fire
Repair
Spot

and there's more. I swear. My 4:1 W/L ratio is now down to 3.4:1 because of playing with randoms. Yeesh.

I just played a round of Back to Karkand where one of my squadmates immediately went prone when CQ Assault started. Yes! Right in our freaking spawn point just to snipe!

DICE's heart and mind are in the right place, but they severely overestimated how stupid and how much of an asshats majority of gamers are. Sad but true.

TheSeks

I'm getting the sense you're one of the raging people I laugh at in-game ;)

I rage because it's a simple thing. EA/DICE really needs to have a "are you a dumbass? Play this tutorial!" bit before getting into a real match, because it's such an obvious thing to do that people do not do that it's mind boggling why DICE even bothers to give kit items to the classes. Might as well have tickets be unrefundable and have ammo crates like BC1 again. At least then I don't have to run my ass into danger zones to get some damn ammo for my kits.

You should learn to shoot less bullets.

20-40 bullets MAX for the shotguns requires a "shoot less bullets" really? Camping an objective to prevent it from falling into enemy hands with said shotgun is "shoot less bullets," really? Okay, I guess I should let the enemy totally win the game since my team is full of dumbasses then! *quit*

scogoth

I don't really miss the commo rose--I thought the contextual Q method was much easier.

Commo rose will only be relevant if it clearly indicates who is making the request/yell, and in certain situations, who they are addressing it to. Without these, it's useless.

And with all the crap they put on the mini map you can't tell who has ammo, who needs ammo, who is ammo or if theres a 65 ton tank creeping up with ammo on it.

And I love "Commo-rose 2.0", its like they believe there was a Commo-rose 1. If it doesn't do anything I wouldn't consider that version one.

TheSeks

And with all the crap they put on the mini map you can't tell who has ammo, who needs ammo, who is ammo or if theres a 65 ton tank creeping up with ammo on it.

They really needed to color the kit items somewhat differently. Along with the tanks, yeah. But on Metro and other places where there is a huge bunch of +'s around (that indicate medics for those of us that aren't medic-duty) and they don't throw a medickit down for those us that appear on the mini-map with +'s (so, say all of us) and then we promptly eat another rocket's splash damage when they could've thrown a kit down and had us possibly survive that rocket splash? I want to stab them in the face. So annoying.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Frag rounds are pretty much worthless now. I thought there was a typo when I saw the new damage stats but I guess they're accurate.

mcp

Neo Member
They really needed to color the kit items somewhat differently. Along with the tanks, yeah. But on Metro and other places where there is a huge bunch of +'s around (that indicate medics for those of us that aren't medic-duty) and they don't throw a medickit down for those us that appear on the mini-map with +'s (so, say all of us) and then we promptly eat another rocket's splash damage when they could've thrown a kit down and had us possibly survive that rocket splash? I want to stab them in the face. So annoying.

Do Assault's still show up with the + sign even when not carrying a kit. I almost never carry a kit when playing assault as I would much rather have the 320 or the MASS. I will defib you if you get killed but no kit sorry.

Half the time when I do carry the kit I end up flanking behind the enemy and go to pull out my 320 or MASS and throw a kit on the ground...

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

Corky

Its a big one 2GB 4GB.

It was 15.4gb for me :'/

Though I don't mind since the origin servers were ridiculously fast for me, capped my broadband the entire time at maxspeed for the entirety of the download.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Running through the battlefield to revive somebody makes you feel like a champ. Even when it means getting both of you gunned down like immediately, it's still rad. Practically saying "Fuck you, gunfire, I'mma BAD ENOUGH DUDE to save this dead guy's life! DEALWITHIT.jpg"

TheSeks

Do Assault's still show up with the + sign even when not carrying a kit. I almost never carry a kit when playing assault as I would much rather have the 320 or the MASS. I will defib you if you get killed but no kit sorry.

Half the time when I do carry the kit I end up flanking behind the enemy and go to pull out my 320 or MASS and throw a kit on the ground...

Unfortunately, yes and that's another thing DICE needs to fix. But you're rare. I know most people are packing medic kits on PS3 and will throw them for themselves, but never for the team, which is what pisses me off.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I'm chucking medkits in like every possible direction near a teammate as often as I can, man. The fuck is the point in just healing yourself, ef that, I want the POINTS

TheSeks

Cant get those points and cant heal when your teammates just run away from the medkit you just threw down lol

Same with ammo. >:|

They really need a tutorial and slap a "THROW KIT ITEMS OUT, DUMBASS YOU CAN SEE PEOPLE THAT NEED IT ON THE MINI-MAP!" in the middle of the screen during it. :|

In addition to "THESE PEOPLE WILL HEAL/RESUPPLY YOU! THEY'RE ON THE MINIMAP! ASK FOR AMMO! YOU BLINK!" :|

But most importantly: People need to read the goddamn minimap. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom