• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanic

Can't get it to activate using the korean proxies posted in this thread, I keep getting told the release date check has failed? Anything I may be missing, or something else to try?

vaelic said:
lol!!!!!!!! DICE removed the ladder in the caspian border tower

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489414179253/

9UWT0h.jpg

DICE is trolling so hard right now...

gray_fox224

alphaNoid said:
2 things GAF, can you help?

1. What is the ingame console command to show FPS? Someone posted it earlier today. (running FRAPS probably drops my FPS by 15-20 so its a bad gauge.
2. Is the rumor about the MP stat reset true?
I would like to find out the FPS command as well :)

Demon Ice said:
I had that in the beta, figured it was a memory leak. It starts happening in campaign randomly too.

I only had it the last two days of the beta, but now I have it again. I just thought it was the servers getting overloaded at the end of the beta, but it's bothering me that it's still happening.

I know it's not my hardware because it was running fine, but I keep getting lag glitches where I walk 10 feet and it teleports me back 7.

Liberty4all

Banned
Bamelin said:
I have a I5 2500k and a Nividia 560GTX 560ti twin frozer ii, 1024mb gddr5 overclocked to 880 MHz. Lots of ram (6 or 8 gigs I think).

Can I run on ultra?

I thought this would be enough for ultra when I upgraded in the summer but now I'm not so sure ....

supersaw said:
I'm getting major stuttering in SP when moving around, when I stand still all the animations play perfectly at 60fps but as soon as I start moving it's like my character has parkinsons.

Don't think it's my hardware Radeon 6990 and i7920 @ 4ghz.

No I get the same thing on a single gtx 580.

mcrae

alphaNoid said:
2 things GAF, can you help?

1. What is the ingame console command to show FPS? Someone posted it earlier today. (running FRAPS probably drops my FPS by 15-20 so its a bad gauge.
2. Is the rumor about the MP stat reset true?

achapel said:
Not sure if anyone knows, but you can set fps to show while in game natively.

Join game
Open console using Ctrl + Alt + `
Enter render.drawfps 1
fhnfn

zlatko

Banned
MrOogieBoogie said:
Why don't you just use the trick?

1. Run/Login to Origin
2. Run Internet Explorer
2a. Internet Options
2b. Connections Tab
2c. Lan Settings
2d. Check the proxy box and input 211.53.208.28 into the IP box and 3128 into the Port.
2e. Save
3. Run BF3 via Origin (a date verification will run)
4. Once the verification is done go back to IE and disable the proxy so your internet traffic is not routed through it. If you do not disable it you risk your own security.

It's so simple. Takes 30 seconds.

I don't feel confident in myself to do this correctly without fucking something up, and I have more than enough to take care of and occupy myself with till 3AM est if that is indeed the launch time. :)

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Anyone else having any issues connecting to MP.

I keep getting:
"Something strange happened, please report this issue: ERR_LOGIN_DISPLAYTOS"

Gonna try to restart Origin and Battlelog I guess.

R2D4

Banned
RbBrdMan said:

I keep getting:

It does say " Be advised! Servers will be down for maintenance between 01:00-01:30 UTC"

Kud Dukan

RbBrdMan said:

I keep getting:

Yeah, same thing. All the servers have started filling back up again...

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
R2D4 said:
It does say " Be advised! Servers will be down for maintenance between 01:00-01:30 UTC"

Pardon my ignorance but what is UTC time? More specifically what is the EST equivalent of this maintenance window.

KPunk

RbBrdMan said:
Pardon my ignorance but what is UTC time? More specifically what is the EST equivalent of this maintenance window.

i think they are down now, because i can't connect to any servers currently.

R2D4

Banned
RbBrdMan said:

I don't know but it's been running like shit ever since they put that banner up.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I just fell over dead because I didn't reach a guy during a stealth mission fast enough apparently. Dudes back was turned and I was crouching during my approach. What a joke.

I also like how jets just stop existing if you watch them for more than 2 seconds during the tank mission. And how all the enemies just drop dead after a point.

The really should have taken 6 more months because this is ridiculously unpolished.

Liberty4all

Banned
Sorry guys not to be a nag but I'm desperate to know. Will a 560 gtx OC to 880 MHz on an i52500k ... 6 gigs ram (might be 8 actually). .... Ultra yes or no?

Menelaus

Banned
zlatko said:
I don't feel confident in myself to do this correctly without fucking something up, and I have more than enough to take care of and occupy myself with till 3AM est if that is indeed the launch time. :)
lol, it takes literally 10 seconds.

CyReN said:
I've heard you can't play mp until 3am pacific, that can't be true can it?
Was just going to ask if the West Coast needed to wait until 9pm PST or midnight PST. Whats this about 3am?

My Origin release date check just says it will unlock at 00:00:00 but I don't know if that takes my time zone into account.

Stallion Free said:
I just fell over dead because I didn't reach a guy during a stealth mission fast enough apparently. Dudes back was turned and I was crouching during my approach. What a joke.

I also like how jets just stop existing if you watch them for more than 2 seconds during the tank mission. And how all the enemies just drop dead after a point.

The really should have taken 6 more months because this is ridiculously unpolished.
Damn it. Please tell me this is at least better than the Black Ops campaign. If its in Killzone 3 territory I'll truly regret my purchase.

Stallion Free said:

Yeah, it's really quite bad.

But hey, the multiplayer is good so 10/10! 10/10! 10/10! Ugh.

Bamelin said:
Sorry guys not to be a nag but I'm desperate to know. Will a 560 gtx OC to 880 MHz on an i52500k ... 6 gigs ram (might be 8 actually). .... Ultra yes or no?

I have a gtx 560 ti and an older proc, q6600 and I run a mix of ultra and high settings, looks like I'm getting around 45-50 fps. Also running at my monitor's native 1650 resolution.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Stallion Free said:
I just fell over dead because I didn't reach a guy during a stealth mission fast enough apparently. Dudes back was turned and I was crouching during my approach.

Call of Duty 4: exploding car

Battlefield 3: exploding player

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
NullPointer said:
Damn it. Please tell me this is at least better than the Black Ops campaign. If its in Killzone 3 territory I'll truly regret my purchase.
No, it's about on par with Black Ops/MOH for how shit the scripting is. It's just depressing.

Bamelin said:

You aren't going to get 1080p 60 FPS locked on Ultra with that setup, if that's what you're asking.

You'll get something fairly close though.

cripterion

I understand the korean VPN trick but the issue for me is I can't even download the files at all.

I have both the battlefield 3 beta and retail sitting in my account and displaying "not available". I got my key an hour ago from cdkeydiscount.

Any trick to bypass this or I just have to wait it out?

alphaNoid

Banned
Seems like the servers are up but people on forums everywhere are saying they are getting a DISPLAYTOS error, meaning ... probably end of the fun until release. It was fun while it lasted, on to SP I suppose.

Stallion Free said:
No, it's about on par with Black Ops/MOH for how shit the scripting is. It's just depressing.

Oh good...

I considered Black Ops' campaign to be the worst in Call of Duty's history...and I thought MoH's was even worse than that.

At least it will look pretty.

Bamelin said:
My native resolution is 1920x1024 ... Does that have an effect?

Yeah. It'll help a bit because it's a slightly lower resolution, but we're talking nearly negligible compared to 1920x1080.

Look at the BF3 Performance thread. There's several tips for things you can turn down without losing too much image fidelity while keeping everything else on Ultra.

Either way, the game will look great, and it should run at 30 FPS (at the very least) without dips after some tweaking.

If you choose to bite the bullet and drop to 720p I'm fairly sure you'll have no problems with getting a 60 FPS locked frame rate, but I could be overshooting it.

Arment

Bamelin said:

I have a gtx 560 ti @ 970 mhz and a 2500k OC'd to 4.5 ghz and I can't get 60 constantly on Ultra but close. I run a mix of high and ultra and maintain 60 on most occasions.

Bamelin said:
My native resolution is 1920x1024 ... Does that have an effect?

Yeah. Higher resolution is more demand on the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom